What are the signs of a shounen going to shit?

What are the signs of a shounen going to shit?

>Falling sales
>Editor feuds
>Less effort put into artwork
>Even less effort put into story and characters
Bleach is the fucking gold standard for measuring how far a Shonen Jump manga series can fall.

MC doesn't learn new moves.

Mangaka stops doing chapter covers.

Tournament arc

>Shounen becomes long and repetitive
>Fujoshit takes over
>Most shounen will have gay fanservice
>Kids in nippon will grow to be faggots
>Cute girls anime will end being replaced by shotacon

Yes I want this

Being a shounen

It lasts more than 200 chapters with no end in sight.

It gets adapted into an anime.

>defeat antagonist
>new antagonist appears
>learn new power
>repeat

power reset is a good one

Tournament

If it doesn't end or star wrapping up around Volume 26. I'm sure there are mangas that are still good around 28, but not many.

The naruto tournament arcs were the only tournament arcs I have ever liked in any series

DB/DBZ is a classic, so no

timeskip
MC keeps using his special move to win every fight
everyone but MC jobs

Power levels mentioned.

DETERMINATOR

What he said:

>Author:Tite Kubo
Instant drop

A new villain who is a significant step down from the previous one

Characters start to become sidelined

When the MC is wanked off too much-
Long running shonen with way too many characters go to shit once the MC becomes too powerful compared to the others. At that point the side characters you liked just become irrelevant then you realize everything was pointless.

Not when Yu Yu Hakusho exists to prove you wrong.

If it doesn't have an end. Anything without an end that only exists to make money until people hate it, will fail.

It's the same with anything even outside the realms of anime/manga. Almost every television drama that's on normal TV (aka not netflix etc) is designed to have an interesting premise & NOTHING ELSE.

The networks will run the show into the ground & once their advertisers stop paying big money for the timeslots, it will be canceled and replaced with another show.

Or...
*cough*

Yuyu Hakusho tournament was fucking shit and ruined the series, fuck you talking about, nigga?

When people start floating with no explanation.

The fact they are a shonen

Nearly everyone agrees it was the best arc in the series and really should have been the end of it. Campy ghostbusting was fun but the series would have gotten boring if they'd just kept doing that. The real shit tournament arc is at the end of it.

/thread

>Nearly everyone agrees

Who? You and your shit taste Sup Forums friends?

It has a fanbase that thinks shonen is a genre not a demographic.

This is the best answer so far.

But I will also add when existing characters get sidelined for new characters routinely.

This, fucking retards don't realize Yotsuba& is also shounen

>It has a fanbase
Fixed.

Sometimes it's a murky, sliding scale from demographic through target market into established genre conventions into talking about it as if it really was a single genre.

I don't know, House is still pretty great

rehash plot arcs.

Noticeable "laziness" in the artwork.

resorting to nerfing power ups and pretending readers don't notice.

>Dis be naught but a flesh wound

That tournament was way better than anything that came before it. Fuck, it must hurt to have such shit taste, I almost feel sorry for you.

When the MC is on his 3rd rival because the first 2 could not keep up.

2 should be the limit.

How is a timeskip a sign?

the protagonist has no goals outside of "I must protect my friends"

I don't know if it's a sign exactly, but I've never seen a series with a timeskip that became clearly and noticeably better after it. Even the ones that I still enjoyed I can't exactly say were better than they were before.

>characters start flying for no reason

When the plot starts to look like it's being influenced by popularity polls.

this

this, just like YA books

When the fights start to feel like padding/filler, rather than important story/character moments.