Kumo x Slime

Meet your new isekai overlords, love and adore them.

I want a Spore-like isekai where the MC get Japanesetrucked and reincarnated in a monocellular organism that will grow until he conquers the galaxy.

Nigga that's fucking Kawaii

Why is slime so popular? One of the worst WNs I've read.

to be fair the first half was pretty good before they introduced time travel.

at least for me, after the time travel was introduced, i had to force myself to keep reading in hopes it got better, once it didn't get better after more than 10 episodes i just dropped it.

source ?

their ass

I like slimes.
I like bugs.
I don't know how I feel about a bug being shipped with a slime.

isn't Kumo the only good Isekai ?

you got it wrong pal, the background says
>なかよし
>nakayoshi
>good friends

Are you sure that isn't just because the translation was garbage 2/3rds of the time?

Not the only, but so far, one of the of the few, yes.

I read it raw, so yes. Like the user above I also dropped it soon after the time travel bullshit so if it gets a lot better please tell me.

Its much later parts need some polishing up which hopefully the LN release will handle but otherwise yeah, it remains pretty good.

Kumo WN and probably LN will end this year. How does this make you feel?

Good. Dragging things out for too long usually doesn't end well.

the story definitely feels like its reaching its climax and could wrap up nicely in less than 20 chapters more

Yeah pretty much this. Best to end on a planned high note when the author is still working off genuine inspiration.

That sounds awful.
I'm glad I dropped it at the first mention of the tournament.

Time travel didn't even have much impact on current story. It's practically entirely backstory and mainly for a single character. Stop time is just a bullshit power to put into the general mix of bullshit powers but at least it obeys "all time people can move in a time stop".

I do agree that the story starts weakening around there and the tournament. It's sorta DBZ power incline where eventually reality has broken so much that fights feel very artificial and pure "oh no THIS guy is more powerful now". Well sort of. There's some dramatic irony where-in slime is clearly still a step above what he's dealing with and we are just waiting for them to smash into the wall...

We've basically been in "all we are doing is exposition because whenever characters have a challenge they beat it too quickly" mode for awhile now. Still I really enjoyed slime + op friends playing dungeon monster party together and that it proved good practice for them.

it was nice when it was nice guy slime building a town, then things quickly escalated and shit wen out of control

I enjoyed Mushoku Tensei

>people stopped translating the sequel
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>Still I really enjoyed slime + op friends playing dungeon monster
Then just read Overlord, shit is just better

the edginess makes it very different from slime, tho both are good
nice quads

4.6 Billion Year Symphony of Evolution.

It's a CN novel and not isekai, but it's what you're looking for.

I barely see it talked about here, not even the manga. And the lizardmen are about to get orc'd

Edginess and that last thread was discussed how long would main waifu girl need to murder fuck a 300k large army to death.

I would like to see your standar neet becomes a hero and defeats the demon lord, advances the civilization to the space age only to get rekt to another reincarnated neet from another world

>Still no new Kumo chapter
I already waited enough. Put me out of this misery.

The last chapter was 3 days ago, user

It's way better in a visual medium, anime soon.

The LN has more details and will go on for few more years atleast.

Anyone read this? Binged it yesterday. Fuck, those first 60 chapters or so were so great. Too bad the ending was crap.

I dropped that when the demon lord got killed off. So how did it end?

>It's way better in a visual medium
>tfw you would even get into chink shit just because of the semen demens like in TDG

What is it called when the artist drawing hot girls carries the series again? Is there a name for that?

New chapters when?

Why is this shit so fucking slow?I want to know what happened in the outside world, I don't care about the nobles drama

You mean the loli demon lord? Basically, Levein wakes up, gets pissed because apparently he had a crush on Charlotte or something. They go to ressurect the actual Demon Lord, Levein gets killed by Rook, Riku kills Rook. I mean, rather than the actual ending being crap, I mainly just disliked the entire second half.

It's already over. The last two chapters aren't translated though.

Uchimusume seems to be picking up in the plot department.

Damn that's disappointing.

Tsuki ga Michibiku is decent.

When does the ln stop focusing on Climb?

Why is Spongebob fucking pissed?

Still has that stupid RPG mechanics, but the MC isn't a self-insert hikki and they aren't super OP for no reason.

He only has 2 vol

I think the author has a writing block and is working on his other stuff right now. I think it's pretty amazing how he's a somewhat dedicated LN writer and at the same time, also responsible for drawing his comic for 2 different series while writing 2 different series at once, though there might be more I'm unaware of.

But personally I'd rather he just draw the girls more with slutty covers. You can kinda tell with TDG that he wrote himself into a corner. Tiny World characters have almost no relevance, the pacing is speeding up so fast that it's almost as if the plan is to kill Sage Emperor before 5 years are up so that the portal opens, meaning by the time he finally gets married the series already ended. Otherwise I don't see how the fuck he can possibly afford to go back in the first place since he'd be doing jack shit but fucking his wife for 5 years waiting for the portal to re open since there ain't no damn heavenly energy in Tiny World.

And then there's the fact that even though he's already Dao of the Dragon tier he's still only got 3 Pokemon, one of which is practically fucking useless now despite having been pumped with the most EXP. What purpose does the panda serve now that he has the dragon? What other shit can he possibly save the spaces for? If there's nothing, why not just grab a bunch of other god dragons so it boosts his soul realm tank to absurd heights? Why did he stay content with only 3 laws when in theory he can have Yu Yan teach him all of them? What's the point of using the phaseless fruit for the entire sect when Martial Ancestors are no different than bugs compared to Emperor class? How can he possibly get a bigger army of Deities than Sage Emperor with one fucking fruit?

And fuck sakes we haven't even seen Sage Emperor once. It's like a shitty RPG where the last boss just appears to die in the final battle.

Cause there's no textless/watermarkless scan. I wish someone would clean it/cut out the girl.

i just want a ``MC is the villain`` isekai

Kind of.

>“What is this?”
>“This is a rabbit. It’s weak but its meat is delicious.”
>“A-and this is?”
>“This is a wolf; it readily approaches travelers and accepts any food given.”
>Wait, what happened to the wildness…?
>“…and this?”
>“This is a wild boar. It’s a little strong, but the meat is very tasty.”
>“………”
>“Ah, do you know anything about dangerous monsters?”
>“Yeah…”
>“This is a tiger, which is rarely seen, it moves very quickly, and is very dangerous to horses.”
>“Hmm”
>If such a thing came out of the woods, I’d be scared.
>“This is a rhinoceros. If it looks a traveler in the eyes, it will charge them with its horn.”
>“…I see”
>“This is a hippopotamus. If it sees a traveler it will slam its body into them.”
>“…Wow.”
>“This is an elephant. If it sees a traveler, it will rush over them with a stampede.”
>“………”
>What do you mean…?
>These monsters are strangely familiar…
>Actually, hold on a second. If it sees a traveler? Are hippopotamuses and rhinoceroses commonly found on something like a mountain road? Are the roads that scary? Are you trying to scare the hell out of this poor demon?

Like a real villain or just a villain character? Cause there's plenty of both it's just your mileage may vary on whether or not they are enjoyable.

They're usually edgy shitfests though

"Only"

Dungeon Defense
Spoiler:There's no dungeon defending

I'm enjoying the Kumo manga. I tried reading the translated WN (I've never read one before) but it just felt confusing as fuck.

>he loses his dungeon
Fucking dropped

>but it just felt confusing as fuck.

It's no different than a simple puzzle. You get bits and pieces here and there and only later with more bits and pieces do you get to attach them together and form the whole picture. There's nothing confusing about it unless you're someone utterly incapable of keeping things in mind while putting them on hold.

Horrible, where's all the other divine beasts and gods? so much wasted potential.

>MC is in a cell being a useless cunt lucking the fuck out of really terrible shit happening to him

Atelier Tanaka is quite good by not being edgy

Any news on this crossover?

Barbatos > Laura >..........> Lapis

Slime a shit.

>Every fuckin isekai makes the protag OP as shit
>Overlord is the only one to do it in an interesting manner

>Every fuckin isekai makes user salty as shit
>Overlord is the only one to do it in an interesting manner

Anyone reading this? It's pretty much paranoia.

I meant that I found it amusing when they made "dolls" to pilot in the dungeon and mess with adventurers. While being constrained in power to the power level of the dolls. (The dolls being simpler constructed monsters they'd pilot VR-magic style)

I assume by overlord you mean "an adventure party of monsters" which slime never does. So I bet you didn't actually know about that part in the slime LN.

You shut your face. There ain't no sex like consensual psychopath sex.

Dungeon Defense is legitimately good on the scale of novels. Which most LN can't claim (even when they are otherwise enjoyable). Though it may be a bit of an acquired taste. With a MC and storytelling style that may not be liked by everyone.

The hell would MC being doing if he wasn't in jail anyway? Dudes useless in a fight and knows it. He'd just sit there being smug. Might as well sit in a cell.

Shit it's also a good thing he's not involved as all credit for the victory will go to his army without him. Which can help secure Laura's position in the demon world. Which may help avoid another future situation where someone tries to kill his general on him again.

>2 chapters
>anyone reading this

>non consistent title,plot and characters
Why would people recommend this

>EOP!!!

>rune elitist

DANTALIAN-SAMA SUGOI
Goddamn smug motherfucker.

To trick someone else into eating shit out of spite?

>anyone reading barely translated thing
The answer in most cases is gonna be no.

It seems that he's a a filthy patrician runereader.

It's not a crush. He's literally just Demon Riku in that he's loyal to the person that saved him.

I don't hold the intense distaste for Rook that all the commenters hold (even if he's not my favorite either) but the writing has clearly unraveled if it's only 2 chapters left. There's clearly stuff going on in the background lore. and there's been no real attempt to make Riku descend further into her madness or slide out of it. it just sort of felt like the story stagnated and tried to wrap itself up instead of going full tilt towards the end while the side info showed it clearly could have been better.

There's just a bunch of questions that could have been explored instead but they're all left in the background.
The first chapter turning out to clearly have it's origin in demon rituals/culture is too big a bomb to be casually ignored after it's dropped.

Is there no info on the shinigami from anyone in this world? A warning to not contract with such a thing sounds like something damn important to instill upon children or keep a record of. Rook was damn stupid to not even ask Raku about it.
No revelation for Levein that the entire situation could have been avoided if he'd told the truth when asked why he's loyal to the demon lord idk how many chapters ago?
Why have the demons forgotten their old ruler was legitimately a tyrant? Even if they have cause to hate humans they should at least be able to realize the old demon lord isn't an ideal choice either.

>otaku wannabe
you disgust me something fierce, you legit want to join probably one of the absolute worst cultures on the face of the planet.

I like my Isekai either well done or blue rare: If they go full edge OP MC to the point it gets funny fine, but otherwise they need to do the complete opposite
>the first half was pretty good
What part was the first half? I just remember from the beginning
>Hey guys I´m a slime that just happens to meet in the first day in this world a super powerful dragon which I make friends with and after I "save" him I get an absurd pool of mana
>Gets an entire goblin village in no time, envolves all of them over the course of a day
>That painfully forced drama with the girl with the mask so the author could give the MC a grill´s body
>Gets an entire squad of katana whielding onis
I dropped it after the MC meets that Isekai´d guy in the guild, and checked when she managed to release the dragon just to see how much of a shitfest it had actually become. does it get worst?

>Learning the language so you can enjoy your hobby to its fullest extent not being restricted by machine translator indonesians.
>Disgusting

He's just jelly user.

Literally best isekai I've read. Actual good fantasy politics, the MC is competent yet still generally a fuckup, cool stuff happens, characters are well-written, there's romance/sex but it's not contrived. It's not super high literature, but it's definitely higher than typical LNs. Maybe on par with something like Dresden Files in the west.

It also helps that the translator is pretty good.

Laura>Lapis>Paimon>........>Barbatos

And why is Barbatos even called that? Where's her beard?

All according to keikaku. Every volume thus far has started with bad shit happening to him, after all.

Why doesn't Dantalian have a million heads?

Is there anything good about Arifureta besides being translated early in the fad? I tried it out because it's such a well-known name, but it was edgy and boring in the beginning and the author's sense of humor is shit and it became insufferable when Shia appeared.

What makes you think he doesn't? How'd you think he got so good at thinking?

Dantalian's character is exactly as described in the Key of Solomon. Except for 36 legions of spirits, but presumably he'll get there. But the many faces is a metaphorical thing, that refers to his acting ability.

It's between her legs.

so is the slime manga getting a proper TL anywhere or what

Dantalian's name doesn't literally mean "lots of heads". Barbatos' name literally means "has a beard". Barbatos actually has nothing to do with her namesake besides name, number, and being a leader of a bunch of other demons. Actually, her name would more accurately be given to Marbas. He and Paimon fit there names better than Barbatos, but not as well as Dantalion.

The title is an inversion of "dungeon delve". The plot is about a maou taking over the world. The characters... I don't see how anything's inconsistent there.

Anyway it gets recommended because it's good.

>>>/2chan/

Barbatos a shit.

Warlock of the magus world.
A WN you can read on wuxiaworld.

The author takes all the Japanese and Chinese reincarnation tropes and makes fun of them in the first few chapters only to make a proper ''alternate fantasy world'' and enjoyable read.
+ the MC is part super-computer.

Not him, but I skimmed through for a bit and fights are so fucking chuuni that it's physically painful to read.

But that's the fun part!

The MC of Kumo seems pretty OP in her decision making to the point that I'm not sure if she's supposed to be a super RPG neet or a highly skilled normalfag.

She's a spider.
Literally.