Why is rent so fucking expensive these days?

Even a dinky, one bedroom apartment will run most people at least $1000 a month. Is this really reasonable? Why has it gotten so expensive?

>NUH UH NO IT DOESNT I LIVE IN SOME OBSCURE PLACE IN THE **REAL** RURAL AMERICA AND I HAVE A GREAT JOB AT WALMART AND POURING CONCRETE FOR $12/HR EVERYTHING IS FINE HERE IN AMERICA

Jews. They run banking and financial scams and import the 3rd world.

>

Do you live in NYC ?

Because it's only expensive in global capitals.

Paris is very very expensive but other big cities are okay.
Same for Germany, even if it is Munich which is the most expensive.

I assume you live in NYC, Washington or LA.

You fucking idiot, it's literally $2500 a month for an apartment in NYC, fuck off

I lived NYC the type of apartment he's referring to goes for 1800 there or 1300 if you don't mind living in a nigger building

Because of (((greed)))

If rent is too much then just buy the damn thing. Then you can live rent free.

Because you live in a liberal city, idiot.

It's pretty selfish to want to live in something a wealthy overseas chinese man needs to hide his money in

Is it true your government gibs you guys like 100k a year and you go to college for free?

And of course no fags and women have to obey you.

Demand is high and supply is low due to immigration and overpopulation as well as many new builds being unaffordable

Nobody wants to spend money on building flats for gutter trash who destroy the place and are only there because the government pays for them

how do the niggers afford this?

It's not expensive. You're just poor

An appartment, like 50m^2 square feet, not for a bedroom with a shower.

I worked one year in NYC for CA CIB, I had to live with a roomate in Brooklyn, we paid 1300 $ each every year for 50m^2, quite a good deal.

selling crack, mugging, pimping hos

you know, black people stuff

Apparently every major metro area in America is a liberal city. It's also where 80+% of the country's population lives, so your excuse is a little shit at best.

Because we never taught our kids about money and they don't realize how big of a dick they have up their asses
Businesses are designed to extract wealth by their nature, consumers are SUPPOSED to protect their wealth but tend to feel powerless in wake of legislature over the past decades, as well as lack of education on the subject
The end game is automation, with the working force being eradicated by autonomous machinated murder squads

>hur dur why can't afford a 1000 apartment
Try working at a place that doesn't pay you 7.25 a hour or find a roommate. Its not that hard

For once this is correct. Jews and jewish types are importing the third world. It creates demand for housing while at the same time supressing wage growth.
New houses are not being built at a pace to keep prices down, inflation is happening, wages are stagnant. People are getting poorer by the day.

"Affordable housing" or section ape.

I put myself through college on a minimum wage job in the 70's. you are all just lazy.

Welfare

Housing laws make it more expensive to run apartment complexes, plus population explosions (due to you guessed it) mean it's a seller's market.

>paying $1300 a month to live with a ROOMMATE
>quite a good deal

are you actually this fucking retarded or is it satire?

Its a meme among landlords.
Over time, a tacit price-fixing "trust" has developed among all land owners through the perception of land value and rent charged for units within its development (if any). Low rent is usually associated with low value. Chances are, the owners are looking to sell eventually, and they don't want a record of charging low (fair) rent. If the rent looks the same as a much nicer apartment, investors will just assume the quality is the same.

t. former landlord of 2 houses. sold both; not worth the headache to me

Honestly if you find things expensive or hard you and your genes failed catastrophically decades ago.

There is exactly nothing else to add to that except excuses.

That might account for a few percent of niggers, but you cant transform a pyramid scheme of crack dealing and pimping into a sustainable economy.
I'm guessing some government subsidy.

This is what OP's problem is. If he studied harder he would have gotten into Harvard or MIT and he'd have a higher paying job.

Jews.

LA here. $1000 will rent you a nice room. For dinky one bedroom in a shitty part of town with spics as neighbors (they are horrible, loud, and live about 10 to a two bedroom) will be about $1500 if you're patient.

>black people
>government subsidy
absurd if possible

NYC is divided in several districts, with some mayors. They have a weird policy, they give cheap flats (very cheap, 60m^2 for 400$) in exchange for votes.

Bleh. How would niggers even live without subsidized food and housing.
They need to be sterilized for the good of society.

Also, low rent tends to attract shitty people. Yes, the apartments are already shitty, but people can surprise you (like, by burning the whole place down because they left the stove on high, or pissing all over the floor, etc...). There is a point where you stop caring about fairness and just want a well-behaved tenant. People with that kind of money to spend are generally better behaved.

>live in city
>"why is everything expensive?"

HMMM REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

It all ties to immigration, enough is enough. They need to go back.

Jews. It's the reason you pay as much as we do anywhere in the country for rent/mortgage all the way up to the reason our dicks have a red ring of scar tissue at the tips.

>reddit spacers
Welcome to Sup Forums. Lurk more.

NIMBYs who want to keep the rustic feel and classic architecture of old buildings (LOOOOOL) so they can charge crazy rent by keeping supply low. 99% of environmental impact lawsuits are NIMBYs by landowners. We should live in massive skycrapers with luxory high tech apartments for everyone.

$600 for a 2 bedroom in a safe complex 20 minutes from the state capital. Leave the city or get a skill nigger.

this

2680 dollars per month for a 54m^2 in Brooklyn is okay, you do not know how much it is expensive here.

I was living with another fresh graduated quant who is working for CA CIB.

Yeah no, in the big college town nearby where everyone needs an apartment a good one only goes for like 6-800 you just live in the wrong place kiddo.

no one believes you, shill

Then you can pay property tax :^)

They don't, they're given it.

kek

I live in some small town in NY state

Here are rent prices in my area

$800-1000
>live in the ghetto and get raped by niggers
>live in some disgusting shithole that hasn't been updated since the 70s
>live above someone's garage

$1000-1500
>live in a somewhat respectable shithole

$2000-3000
>live in a cool modern apartment in some trendy part of town and when you bring chicks home it doesn't make you look like a poor fag

Either way you are really fucked because its hard to save money. The cost of living is high, food costs are high. You have to pay insurance on your car blah blah

You have to be very disciplined to save money. Going out to the bars is a huge waste of money and just kills your Saturday productivity

ok thanks for proving my point that it costs $2500+ for an apartment in NYC, you idiot

Studios in the hood out here run $550/mo without bills, kind of a really pathetic joke. If you’re not paying ~$1,200/mo, your apartment and your house will get broken into at gunpoint

I don't see why not. I used to rent a 2BR rowhouse for about 700 and that's in a major city. Not the nicest neighborhood in the world mind you but perfect for a college guy or lower-end blue collar family.

>LA here. $1000 will rent you a nice room

Holy fuck that is nowhere near the case
Median rent is like 2000 a month for a one bedroom apartment in a shady area.

Another way you could look at this - if you are white you basically have to pay a housing premium to not live around feral nigger crime, because you will definitely be targeted

>Supply is low

That's a damn lie. One example, Nashville, TN, they demolished entire neighborhoods of lower income and built these giant high rises that are crazy expensive. This was five years ago and the high rises are still majority empty. You're a dumb nigger.

I can find ones for 600-700. move out of your shitty liberal cities or be okay with living in a neighborhood that isn't as big of a safe space as you want it to be. Funny how liberals want to import mass migrants and keep giving money to niggers but never want to live around any of them for cheaper then cry when things are expensive.

This. This thread is full of nothing but fast food workers complaining about why they can't live the luxury life on a teenagers wage

Well, if you are 15 min away from your office, it is interesting. Imagine you pay 1000$ or 800$ but are 1h or 1.30 hour away from your office. Do you it worth it ?

>Why is rent so fucking expensive these days?
Because taxes on the kind of people that invest in, and develop apartments and housing, are way too high. People making 200k+ a year are the people who like to invest in real estate. And they like to do it locally as well.

But greedy people see these rich people and want to tax them at 50%+, so this leaves little capital for them to invest in real estate and take greater risks.

just do what i do and live on a boat, way cheaper, and mobile.

Capital always raises the price of rent. As soon as homes were seen as a commodity and not a right, this became the inevitable conclusion.

Shill harder kike bitch.

Property tax, don't get me started on that.
If some corporate creep eyes your property, they just lobby the state to adjust your taxes to inappropriate levels, after you get forced out the state always readjusts back to reasonable levels . I watched that happened to a few people that had corner lots that Walgreen wanted in nice neighborhoods

Not enough people owns houses.

That's why it's expensive cause there's demand.

Get a useful skill poorfag

The federal reserve, fractional reserve banking, and jews

But it's not a city. Its a rather suburban area. I don't live in the sticks but I still don't live in a city

In a city like NYC or LA apartments are WAY more than $1000 a month anyway

I like how you assume because I disagree with the current housing economy that that means I'm a poorfag. lol silly kike is silly

Illegals get apartments too, they drive prices up, there's over 10 million illegals renting in the United States. If LA DIIDNT have illegals , the traffic situation, crime and housing market would be improved exponentially

>be me
>rent attached 500sq ft in-law suite for $1k/mo
>rent finished basement for another $1k/mo
>live in 3k sq ft house for free

Git gud poorfags

Since the financial crisis, the US Govt has decided that real estate must be a safe investment given that it's where people live. We can't have Wall Street getting people evicted over bad investments.

So now Wall Street is one of the largest investors in real estate given that it's an extremely safe investment that people need to live in. They run some of the largest property management firms in the nation. They have the capacity to buy any home for cash, at or above asking price. They can maintain their properties more effectively than an independent owner, or someone who pays a third-party property management firm, due to economies of scale.

tldr Now that Wall Street knows it's the most sound investment they can make, and the average person can't afford a mortgage (as if they would give it to you when someone is offering cash), they are buying up all the available homes and renting them to the sorry suckers who have no alternative. The freedom to purchase a home is slowly being taken away from the middle class. Enjoy paying rent to the landed gentry, peasant.

I own a condo in Phoenix and the mortgage is only 450 a month.

The housing bubble has already exceeded 2008 limits

The elites know that if the housing market crashed its Game Over for the economy. That's why they're keeping everything inflated

I bought my first house doing shit like that, I kicked them all out after I owned the place

Is...is this really the case for some cities?

I used to live in Fayetteville Arkansas and had a comfy 1bed/1bath for $500/month. My friends lived next door to me in a 2bed/2bath and collectively paid only $600/month.

2500 $ / month :')

I lived in NYC for a year. But in this kind of neighborhood it is easy to make very cool friend and build valuable connections.

I was living with a roomate, but I tried to "integrate" so every tuesday I knocked to the door or some neighbors and invited them to a dinner.

Invite them, cook for them, chat with them. But in cozy neighborhoods like Brooklyn, there are 150% of chance several people you invite are head managers for JP Morgan Chase, BoA, Citygroup...

And then you build your relationships.

Got it nigga ? Living 1 year in Brooklyn is not a waste of money but a formidable investment.

>I swear i'm not poor I just hate the high prices h-h-honest!
Silly poorfags when will you learn

boomers are getting desperate, Social Security isn't paying well to support their 1980's lavish lifestyles so they are taking it out on Millennials.

why don't you list some useful skills, might send some people in the right direction.

lmao darwin

>everyone else is doing it!!
no wonder you're poor

go live with the niggers you cheap cuck

Because our previous Shitlord in Chief put forward a plan to employ americans and people got jobs it worked, only problem is, the only jobs that he created WERE PART TIME, 30 or less.
But hey, Unemployment was down. You fucks.

Fact from your post:
It's easy to live within your means in rural America.

Swede here, even in the literal farming communities half an hour outside of major cities a house is steep and rent is a big part of the paycheck

NIMBYs making zoning laws to prevent development and protect (((local character))).

to keep you poor

Nice reading comprehension, retard. He said 1300 per YEAR

Inelastic demand combined with a free market. Prices will continue to rise until demand falls, which it never will.

After the housing crash, the big, new, trendy thing for upper class liberals in big cities was property investment. They scoop up cheap homes in nearby cities and convert them into rental properties or tear them down and build apartment complexes. It's been going on for the last decade and we're now seeing the consequences - now that some of these investors have a majority share of the rental properties available in a given town, they can start unashamedly jacking up rates, because no one has anywhere else to go to.

When I moved to grad school, I found this great little apartment complex, got a one-bedroom with a kitchen and living room for $400 a month. Then a year later the owners got bought out by some faggot based out of Atlanta, along with most of the neighboring properties. My rent's nearly doubled over last four years, I can barely afford it anymore, but I also can't move because every other property investor in the area followed suite and raised their rates as well. And I can't look at getting a house because (A) the high rent prevents me from saving up for a downpayment and (B) even if I could, there's no cheap starter homes left because they've all been converted into rentals.

This shit can't go on indefinitely. Mark my words - within the next ten years there's going to be a MASSIVE crash in the rental property industry. Hopefully around that time small starter homes will become affordable again.

Poorfags prove daily they can't learn anything. I wonder if people making less than $60,000 but aren't on welfare think they are anything less than slightly behaved niggers that are still not net contributers.

Lol prove it poorfag

>Oregon reporting

350 for 1 bedroom. 900 will get you a nice house.

You can write off imaginary building depreciation on your taxes and pay nothing.

Passive income is the shit familam. I'm eyeballing some trailers I can slumlord now.

I live in midtown Indiana. Rent here for anywhere not brown and trashy is like 1300

Ive lived in a few west coast cities. Portland is about $1100/mo for a decent 1BR. Seattle area is closer to $1400/mo. Smaller towns like Eugene or Yakima are more reasonable, in the $700-$800 range.

the economic devastation of small cities with all the growth of coastal metropolises means no many good jobs in a moderately-priced area
all the people migrating to or outside of one of those major cities creates more upward pressure on prices
mass illegal immigration used as a means to maintain upward pressure on housing privies (see California)
absolutely no incentive for localities to build more housing and depress prices, in fact the opposite
weak economy and low interest rates meant that investment firms could get better returns out of real estate (8% or so) than the stock market with less risk, so firms bought up properties en masse and rented them out
young people unable to afford homes created a feedback loop where more people rent, which makes it more profitable rent out property, property values to rise and make young people unable to afford homes
then there are other factors like the mortgage interest deduction being abused for rental and investment properties rather than first-time home buyers

People are willing to pay more if not have to live around IQ 80 spics and niggers.

Walmart is good if you can get a Manager Position for a department, 15$ an hour, medical, 401k matched to 6%, Free lunches once a week, 3 breaks a day. Dental. 10% discount, 25% for Christmas.