Anyone see this or going to on Monday?

Anyone see this or going to on Monday?
Seeing this on the big screen was quite an experience.

I was really glad to be able to see On Your Mark in the theater, very nice short.

Had no idea that was going to be part of the program. Very pleasant surprise.

>English Dub
No thanks.

Just saw it an hour ago. It was ok. The ticket teller was peddling $7.00 bags of jerky at the counter.

Yeah, I saw a 35mm projection of it, really great. Muh grain.

Lucky.

I am truly jealous.

They're doing a sub screening as well, I think a week later? They announced it the last time I was at a theatre.

I saw it back in 2000 or whenever it was first in theaters. The dub was horrible.

it wasn't the english dub. The dub comes out on Monday

That ended an hour ago, m8. Only dub left.

I really wanted to go but I didn't. I feel like I stood myself up and now I'm depressed.

The dub wasn't that bad as far as dubs go. The Animals already don't require lip syncing

miyazaki dubs are fine, also GITS is getting a screening in February

>miyazaki dubs are fine
No dubs are fine.

was just trying to tell that guy there is still another chance to see it if he wants. if he shows himself up again for that reason then he deserves to be a depressed faggot

I wish I had known about this a few days ago so I could have seen it subbed on the big screen. One of my favorite animated movies ever. Oh well, maybe they'll re-air it in another 20 years ;_;

Princess Mononoke's dub is great tho. Better than the Japanese dub.

This was my first time watching this movie and it kind of dragged on. The ending was stupid:

Eboshi suddenly becomes sympathetic to the animal cause because one animal helped her? Jigo just gives up on the head after carrying that shit for miles because Ashitaka asked him nicely two times? What did Jigo mean when he said it was too late? It obviously wasn't. Ashitaka was able to push a door that required 10 men while injured but he couldn't push a pig off a doggo?

The first half of the film was fun, but the second half required too many leaps in logic and lacked proper character development. At the end of the day, it was just pretty pictures that failed to be exceptionally meaningful or deep. I'm going to go look up Mononokoe getting penetrated by the curse tho, that looked hot af. Pic related.

>push a pig off a doggo
What are you referring to?

I just saw it too, it seemed kind of overrated. There really was barely any proper characterization or relationship development. It felt like it was just a plot moving forward without a real purpose.

>Eboshi suddenly becomes sympathetic to the animal cause
She never did, the hell are you talking about?
>Jigo just gives up on the head after carrying that shit for miles because Ashitaka asked him nicely two times?
They were cornered on a rock about to die, there was nothing else he could have done.
>Ashitaka was able to push a door that required 10 men while injured but he couldn't push a pig off a doggo?
When he directly participates in violence he gains strength from the curse, I thought they made that pretty clear.

locations?

I had no idea this was a thing.

Apparently it's playing in a theater like 20 minutes from where I live.

Might be cool

Pic Related. The other user correctly says he only gains super strength when engaging in violence, so my bad on this one

Okay I reviewed the quotes and she says they'll build a better village, heavily implied that she will no longer interfere with nature. I guess it makes sense if Jigo didn't tell her what would happen if they killed the God.

It's a good movie, I just didn't understand the motivations of the characters.