Did any other anons go to this tonight?

did any other anons go to this tonight?

I bought tickets for both screenings, and this was my first time seeing the movie and I loved it

Other urls found in this thread:

fathomevents.com/event/one-piece-film-gold
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yea, it was fun

Yep, just got back home a little bit ago.. I'm the guy that made a thread yesterday if anyone remembers.

As expected, I was able to get one of the best seats in the room 30 minutes before showtime.. there's just almost no weebs in my area at all.

I had a great experience watching this on the big screen though. Watching anime, or 2D animation in general, in theaters is so surreal nowadays.

I wasnt aware there was also a Spirited Away 15th anniversary screening last month, im mad a myself for missing out on that. Apparently there will be a GITS one in February, what is a reliable place to go to know about these things?

>Spirited Away 15th anniversary screening last month
Are you fucking kidding me? Where are the shills? I only got in on this one because of that guys post this morning.

yeah i just googled it since I was curious if any other anime movies I had had events similar to this one, it was literally Dec 5th/6th. im sad i was never informed but I might still catch the GITS ones even though ive probably seen that movie more times than any movie ever and could recite the scene order if I tried

Yeah there was.. SA is my favorite Ghibli film, but I still didnt go because I already own it on DVD and have seen it many times. That wasnt the case for Mononoke so I went to this.

>what is a reliable place to go to know about these things?

Honestly I just find out through having so much weeb shit on my social media.. Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Just follow Gkids and Fathom Events on FB/Twitter. They're the ones that release Miyazaki/Ghibli stuff in theaters in NA.
Just follow anime blogs, anime fans, etc on social media and you're bound to stumble upon these kinds of news.

>Apparently there will be a GITS one in February

First time I hear of this desu

I am not finding anything but some sort of UK screening.

well shit?

South Florida Fag here

nearly packed theater but all weebs know to keep fucking quiet and stay off their phones during the movie

was actually a really nice experience

>keep fucking quiet and stay off their phones during the movie
>dem Deer God scenes

might get tickets for both the screenings near me since i missed out on SA. im remember being somewhat fond of the dub the one or two times i was it

Thanks for sharing this, I guess living in Philly's good for one thing. Also saw Shin Godzilla at the same theatre.

Seems like a really limited showing.. oh well. GitS is a great movie.

Oh and for the guys wanting to know where he can hear news of anime in theaters, there's also One Piece Film Z showing next tuesday in theaters. Found out about it from Toonami and also Fathom Events.
fathomevents.com/event/one-piece-film-gold

>One Piece Z

Its one Piece: Gold, ands it Dub garbage.

Yeah I realized my mistake after the post.. I'm really not into OP but I decided to pass on the info anyways for those who do.

Japanese: "Hai. Wakata."
English subtitles: "Yes, I understand. I was resolved the moment I let my arrow fly."

You had to reserve seats at the theater I went to and I got tickets late so I was stuck way in the front. I really liked the movie though, makes me wish I hadn't put off seeing it for so long since I didn't like most of the Ghibli stuff I'd seen before.

>filename

lol

Now I hope they'll put Kiki's in the theater. Comfiest movie ever.

Whisper of the Heart is even comfier.

>WAKATA

Nah, I already own the bluray.

>there are people on Sup Forums who haven't seen Princess Mononoke until now

Holy fuck, kill yourselves.

I just saw it, it was pretty gay.

What is the point of having seen it earlier, exactly? The music video in the beginning was the best part, but it was over quite fast.

This is one f those movies that gets a little better whenever I re-watch it every time.

I'm sure seeing it in theater is worth it.

Yep, enjoyed it

I had to drive 2 hours in a snowstorm to get to the closest movie theater playing it

Totally worth it. I liked it a lot

Most of us have seen it. But how many times can you say you've seen it in theaters on the big screen?

The experience is much better in a theater than on some shitty screen at home.

I saw it and the movie started playing 20 minutes early so they had to restart it...watched the first 20 minutes 2 times enjoyed it just as much the second time

The subbing was kinda shit. My Japanese is very basic and I could understand that they were very liberal about it

>wolf: They threw away their baby as if trash or something
>The humas gave her to us
>etc