youtube.com/watch?v=TiuQJi48SFc
youtube.com/watch?v=5w0E6y01OuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9UzJFDRz_f4
youtube.com/watch?v=CFsGqTGJodc
youtube.com/watch?v=x3Joz-XaqU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's on my to watch list. Seems cool.

it's good enough but nothing special

Be prepared to take it slow or you might burn yourself out. It's one of those shows that was well suited to watching weekly instead of binge watching.

its good and ending wrapped everything up neatly. whats there to talk about exactly?
feels thread?

Pretty much, I guess. Reminiscing about the good stuff.

I basically just want to give it more exposure because it was kind of underrated so it doesn't get talked about anymore. I don't think it sold that great either so good thing for the conclusive ending.

It was a pretty middling show. That's all I really have to say, shit was two years ago.

Sure. Majority of its staff including a Madhouse co-producer went to studio NUT. So if you liked the directional approach of this, then try Youjo Senki

Watch Death Billiards beforehand.

garbage show

Ohh, thanks for letting me know. I was already considering that show but that just tipped the scales. DP had some really impressive direction.

the opening was unsettlingly misleading

BEST GIRL

What was your favorite episode/moments? Detective vs the brother was the highlight for me, neet episode appealed to me as well. and of course the ending.

absolutely, emotionally the pacing can be off putting. One episode bit comedic the next really dramatic.

isnt that the russiandrinking meme loli? ill check it out

what's there to talk about? It's shit

SkyHigh is way better than this shit.

the detective was undeniably one of the best written characters of 2015

I liked the old mangaka having a comfy card game episode, it felt relaxing

Was the best anime of its season.

She appears to be more nazi than anything else.
In the newly released preview for episode 1 the first thing she says is "Guten Tag"

>the twister episode

Agreed about the ones you listed. I also thought the idol fangirl's arc had a surprisingly poignant ending despite the comedic nature of her character. I liked the part where she's talking about how she believes her life must have been worth something and Ginti just says "Wouldn't that be nice?" in a cynical voice and sends the elevator down.

The interesting thing about that is how the moment he does it, the cat leaves his arms and it's specifically mentioned in the epilogue that it never returned.

Also, remember Ginti's Japanese dolls he was so fond of? In the epilogue, he was polishing a Mayu one.

DP is full of neat details like that, it's great.

That IS pretty interesting. I love those kinds of details but it's been a while since I watched it so I forgot about those little things. It's nice when you notice all this subtle stuff about a show and realize just how much care went into making it.

oh thats a new anime from light novel. nazi loli sounds like anime of the year desu

based cat.

>Youjo Senki shill in Death Parade thread
this fuckin guy

You have good taste, too bad no one will ever scanlate the most recent installments.

Anyone else notice the Light Yagami cameo? I found it pretty amusing that this series can be considered a sequel to Death Note. The titling is even consistent.

One choosing reincarnation as nirvana and the other choosing the void as nirvana.

>Anyone else notice the Light Yagami cameo
It was mentioned like fifty times while it was airing.

Wait what? When?

two years ago

No I mean which episode? Or I am being rused right now?

Not sure if we're not actually stretching the connections here, Tachikawa isn't even in charge of Youjo Senki. He's already working on his next own anime original though!

>in the second DN ending, Light's transported into the sky through an elevator

Deepest lore, man.

I like the smug smile. Even in death he gives no fucks about all the people he killed.

A co-founder of Madhouse whose latest project as a producer was Death Parade left and founded the studio that is doing Youjo Senki now. On top of that the character designer is the same and majority of prominent key animators from DP also take part in this production.

>the air hockey episode
>the last episode

\\

i didnt realize there was a cameo but i remember now

youtube.com/watch?v=TiuQJi48SFc

if we go by DP lore he wont have any memories at that moment, but from DN lore he is stuck in limbo(no heaven or hell for death note users)

its a cool inside joke from madhouse however, based studio

Bonus points for Mayu having to pick between either him or Harada and those two having the same voice actor.

>but from DN lore he is stuck in limbo(no heaven or hell for death note users)
Actually DN lore in one of the How to Reads points out that there's no heaven or hell for anyone, suggesting that Ryuk was lying to make the Death Note sound more appealing. "I can kill people without going to hell? Cool!"

The "MU" in DN could very well be the same thing as "the void" in Death Parade, with the bar simply being a stop on the way there.

He looks like the average guy. Where does it come from that he is Yagami?

Post lewd pictures of her.

Really? That's Light's exact hair style, hair color, and even an outfit that he wore in the show.

The fact that it's a show by Madhouse and he's a character who could plausibly be in this situation since he died only reinforces the connection.

This is a blue board, and there's so little lewds it makes me cry

Wow, that's actually one of my favorite League of Legends artists. Pretty awesome that he did something for Death Parade.

Based on the Patreon link I'm assuming it was commissioned. That's probably the only effective way to get art of lesser known anime.

Started out great, but the overarching plot ruined it. Should have stayed episodic and kept the up the mystery behind the death games.

>He's already working on his next own anime original though!
Really? His work on Mob was fantastic, so that's good news. What studio?

I liked the setting but it was too "fleshed out". In the end the series focused too much on how the world worked and expanded the cast with some pretty dull drama, switching the focus from mysterious atmosphere to something different entirely. As the atmosphere was one of the greatest things I enjoyed in the series, I didn't like the TV that much honestly. Entire thing felt like a wasted potential.

The first time I watched Death Parade I did so without watching Death Billiards then did so before I watched Death Parade a second time. Imagine my surprise when they get to the woman who made children's books.

It's a fucking masterpiece about exploring characters in extreme situations.

Shallow imbecils hate it because they focused on irrelevant bullshit, like the unfinished world building of some overarching plot.

It's like watching NGE for it's mecha parts

>Shallow imbecils hate it because they focused on irrelevant bullshit, like the unfinished world building of some overarching plot.

If I ever open a bar, it's gonna look like this.
Also that opening oh lord. I'm so glad I discovered BRADIO.

Don't worry, you'll never open a bar.

Oh look, a Death Parade thread.

Those episodes about the cop and the kid looking for revenge were some depressing shit.

It was OK. Dropped at ~6 since it seemed it would just be more of the same. Might pick up again.
Fantastic OP, ED was either not there or I forgot it existed.

Pretty unnecessary to keep going after billiards but it's worth it for the episode about the 2 murderers.

Yeah, but seeing them bitches and whores get voided was quite funny.

Bonus points for plastic surgery can getting reincarnated along with her sweetheart.

When I think of Bradio, it makes me think of Peeping Life
youtube.com/watch?v=9UzJFDRz_f4

They're pretty cool

2nd best, even the author agrees

I loved it.

The cop basically said "You failed to change her world, so she should've changed herself". That's fucking rich comming from a guy literally standing in reach, doing nothing because oh "muh justice"

BRADIO really needs to do more op's.

They're seriously the kings of fun

youtube.com/watch?v=CFsGqTGJodc

That's an interesting opinion. Usually people found the death games repetitive and wished it were more plot heavy.

Man, you dropped it right before some of the best episodes.

They were pretty different from each other. We had the controversial cheating one, the pure love story, the tragic suicide, the edgy murder mystery and even pure comedic one.
If anything, the death games were so interesting that the mediocre overarching plot looked really boring in comparison.

Why does afro pretend to drink? The beverage does not even touch his lips.

How big DP flop was?
1k sales or 500?

Neither does Decim

Oh.

You're pretty much the first person I've heard to say this. I thought hivemind agreed the attempt to expand on the setting ruined the atmosphere.

Then the author has slightly sub-par taste. Nona #1

But thats wrong

I thought the consensus when it aired was that the detective arc was the least favorite and that the series had too many undeveloped characters (or just too many characters in general) by the end.

I thought Nona was supposed to be #9.

Eh? Considering the opinions posted in this thread that just goes to show you how little the word "consensus" means. All you can really say is "I saw a lot of posts saying this thing in the threads I looked at, at a certain point in time."

I once got a ridiculously high number of people saying Pleiades was AotY 2015 in one of my threads and I still know that's not necessarily the consensus. Good show though, I still like Gainax.

>It was a pretty middling show

What was middling about it?

Is there any other show that actually resembles Death Parade?

AOTY 2015. Everyone agrees.

youtube.com/watch?v=x3Joz-XaqU4

But boring girl cannot be the best, user.

I don't think you can compare the amount of people in this thread to the amount of people in the threads while the series was airing, though.

>not liking ice queens
shit taste desu

Pleiades was the most dull and shallow anime of 2015. I can't believe people were shilling so hard for this car commercial.

It was objectively bad even by magical girl/moe standards.

Her drama made the series almost unwatchable.

It felt like a waste of potential since the dead people's stories failed to be engaging. The only story I really liked was the detective vs the brother, that was fucking good. Such a shame that the rest of it couldn't be on the same level. I also rather liked Kurokami's (what was her real name?), story. Other than that, it was average.

Hmm, I guess Plastic Memories was poor man's Death Parade.

Not that user, but Pleiades wasn't even that liked on Sup Forums outside the threads it had. AOTY threads are garbage that do not reflect the common opinion, rather the most vocal people. Even the amount of people in the actual """voting""" is always low.

>Is there any other show that actually resembles Death Parade?
Even if show is unique it doesn't make it good by default.

>Plastic Memories
They are nothing alike.

idiot

Are you okay user?

>Pleiades
>shallow
Did we watch the same show?

Not him but I found the show boring and not very memorable but it did have some symbolism and dramatic parts so I wouldn't call it shallow unless the other user found the dramatic parts melodramatic.

No matter how good it is. I can't get my mind off the fact that it's "Everyone is Eventually Screwed: The Anime"

The utter, hopeless, bleakness of the inevitable fate of every human character in this show cancels out all the good things.

>Even if show is unique it doesn't make it good by default.

Death Parade had a pretty amazing atmosphere though and presented situations capable of keeping the viewer guessing about the not only the identity of each player but their eventual fate within each episode as well; no plot armor meant that you never quite knew what was going to happen and the result was a series that was more unsettling than the bulk of anime and manga classified as horror.

kuudere's are great. Kuro-onna had literal zero character thanks to memory loss. Boring as fuck

I won't disagree with the claims that it's "dull" or "boring" since that is after all a matter of opinion and I know it's not for everyone but yeah, I do think it's a little much to call it "shallow." There's a ton of little things to look at if you're into that kind of stuff.

OVA 8/10
Anime 5/10

Bye.

That's called "reality," my friend.

>people die
>it's hopeless

no shit user

Their eventual fate at a certain point in the future after a certain number if reincarnations, is the same. Every single one, voided.