Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

The OP is out. Get hyped for AOTY 2017.

youtube.com/watch?v=vGx7u3hMCOA&app=desktop

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-09/kodansha-usa-licenses-showa-genroku-rakugo-shinju-manga/.109716
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bravo Deen

>yaoi pandering
>aoty 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

>yaoi pandering
Between who, the dead guy and the elderly man?

I enjoyed S1 and the gay degree was just okay, but I wonder will it go more gay or more rakugo?

cuck

I'm scared

Season 1 was carried by Kikuhiku and Sukeroku's relationship, and it seems like season 2 will be focusing on the present timeline.

I'm not a fan of Yotarou, he seems annoying. I can see this being a major letdown.

dunno, for me S1 was just a little bit too much gay, if they toned that shit down just a little bit it would have been 2016 aoty

>Projecting your homosexual feelings onto an anime opening.

there was barely anything gay about it what the fuck are you talking about

I can't imagine loving it as much as S1 because their relationship was a big draw, but I don't think it'll be a let down.

Fuck that's awesome.

Have fun with your fag cartoon.

Present timeline is fine too, I enjoyed the manga.

>if only the main characters had a relationship with less depth and emotional intensity, that'd make it better

Why did I even finish the first one?
I guess this is why the threads are dead because people who honestly liked this shit are a few as it should be.

Gettin' maybe a little too artsy. I mean damn, OPs are just supposed to fun and inviting, not wrought with metaphors and symbolism.

Oh no, Kiku's totally going to die.

IS THAT KONATSU'S BOY?

>Get hyped for AOTY 2017.
I just want you to know that when every single thread for this while it airs is terrible and filled with shitposting, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

>That ending.
What the fuck.

>every single thread for this while it airs is terrible and filled with shitposting
But that's valid for almost every show, except for the ones that no one watches.

>filled with shitposting
It'll be lucky to get any attention at all considering the other shows that are airing this season.

Yes.

Read the manga before getting spoiled.

The threads for S1 were fine aside from some arguments about the subs during the first episode or two. The threads for S2 likely won't be, thanks to retards who keep talking it up and tossing around "IT WAS AOTY" in every OP, a guaranteed way to annoy people and invite argumentative contrarianism.

There was literally nothing gay about season one. You guys are delusional.

did you even watch the first season?

Male relationships are rarely that intimate, so it's not very surprising people would think it's gay.

Really hoping it grows on me, my first impression is that it's not really good. But maybe that's because S1's was knock your socks off good.

It was genuinely my AOTY but I'll refrain from voicing my opinions if that'll keep the shitposters away.

S1's OP was god-tier, but I somehow feel that this song fits the second half of the story and I already like it.

fuck I didn't like it

I never really liked it because of how much the latter story of S1 turned out.

But knowing that it's actually a consequence of unreliable narrator, I'm not genuinely excited to see how the story went down.

so what about the subs? last time I checked no one has announced they'd be simulcasting it yet

Great OP song. I really like it.

CR will most likely announce it today after the episode airs. They did the same last year too.

>unreliable narrator
I got heavily spoiled just two days and it gave me hype for the second season.

Fuck right off.

I'm willing to judge its own merits seeing especially that its more a change in characters rather then some continuation of the story. I mean season 1 was pretty satisfying in general so I wouldn't blame anyone for not enjoying the follow up season as much.

Wait, I thought Hulu did it last year?

Hulu? No it was CR. I remember it clearly because I was in the thread waiting for an official announcement of subs and at the last minute CR posted on Twitter they have the sub rights.

Oh shit, that OP is so pensive. I'm already hyped for the massive amounts of DRAMA we're about to receive.

I'm fucking hype

>that op
Hot DAMN, blew my face off. Way more involved than S1's.

Damn that's a nice song.
Are we seeing the rise of a new great anime song composer?

The end gives me chills.

Wew, I'm actually exited. Wouldn't recommend to watch it on-going, it's one of those animes you need to marathon.

That was trippy.

Ringo isn't new, it's just that she's rare.

Good OP, can't wait for it

Well, I liked the first OP more, but this one isn't bad, either. Perhaps it's just a matter of habit and I will learn to love this too in time.
Anyway, hyped as fuck. I will miss Kiku and Sukeroku's relationship, but I believe that they can make this just as awesome as the first season.

>Part of the lyrics is from "Shinigami"
>That candle at the end
>"You who I loved, who were you again?"

I'm hyped as fuck

HE'S GONNA FUCKING DIE

I might be wrong because of my shit Moon skills, but it looks like the first episode won't have the OP.

>"You who I loved, who were you again?"
That's great.

>there are people on Sup Forums right now, who can understand moonspeak
Feels batman.

I believe in the anime team to handle it as beautifully as in the manga.

Speaking of which, is there a proper translation in English?

I'm praying for an unbelievable amount of Rakguo scenes. Those were so well done last year, and I'm dying for Yotaro to make me piss myself laughing again.

I think the scanlation isn't that far ahead. They started translating the manga just after I caved in and bought all the volumes, so I'm not really keeping up though.

I hope I'll actually start liking Yotaro, he was a little underwhelming in the last season, but I'm willing to assume that it's because he didn't have much screentime and that he will win me over just like Kiku and Sukeroku.

Song title is
>"Imawa no Shinigami" (My Dying Hour's God of Death)

Prepare for tears Sup Forums

The Adventures of Grandpa Homo feat. the Lovable Cuck Boy

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-09/kodansha-usa-licenses-showa-genroku-rakugo-shinju-manga/.109716

Subs when?

I don't even remember what was happening at the end of s1. What the hell is s2 going to be about?

Can somebody remind me how S1 ended?

Is this the most morbid OP since Shiki?

That's nice. The Moon level of the original manga is impossible for me.

Flashback ended, Yakumo forgave Yotaro and Konatsu got pregnant. Don't remember too well.

>Sukeroku futatabi
We are back in the present day. Yotaro decided to become the new Sukeroku at the end of S1. Meanwhile, Konatsu is knocked up by some guy and gives birth to an adorable son. Yotaro becomes the father of the said child. Some drama, along with Yotaro's old yakuza hijinks, ensue. Konatsu does rakugo too. Kiku is still haunted by the ghosts of Sukeroku and Miyokichi, and ominous shit surrounds him. He dies happily at the end.

>Yotaro becomes the father of the said child
C U C _

>Yotaro becomes the father of the said child
Oh no, they're promoting kuk culture in the Japan.

Remember when everyone was let down by the first season because it was all flashback? I'm sure it'll be like that. Either way, I rewatched the first episode and it wasn't as good as I'd remembered.

AISHI
AISHIAU NA SA MOTTO

this is why it will be absolutely impossible to discuss rakugo S2 in Sup Forums no matter how good it is

It's just a joke bro

You forgot Yotaro and Konatsu get together and by the end they have a daughter.

How is he a cuck if Konatsu was not his love interest by then? Yotaro asked Konatsu if he could help her raising her son.

>everyone
I remember some did not like, not everyone.

You can keep your jokes on Sup Forums.

It's not a pol joke
Cuck is an internet wide buzzword

You're right about the spoiler, how can I forget that?

It's too late Sup Forums has infected the internet

How do you think Donald won?

because it turned out that Sup Forums's highly advanced social theories also map perfectly to what retarded rednecks in Cousinfuck, Alabama think.

Now shut up and let us talk about vaguely homo anime set in the 70s.

>raising his wife's son
>hijinks ensue
This show is a fucking meme.

I guess, genetic is real after all. Konatsu is a lot like her mother in terms of being easy to fuck.

Thanks to r/thedonald and the altright movement mostly.
Sup Forums is completely delusional about its own importance.

Some powerful imagery already in the OP. Since some faggot spoiled the series ending last season for me it actually made this OP more exciting

>Kiku-san committing sudoku
>Everyone reaching out to Kiku-san
>Ghosts of Miyokichi and Sukeroku still haunting him revealing that Bon sees himself nothing more than a dead man walking when we see his rib cage

Sup Forumsfags are all from leddit see r/thedonald to have your brains melted out from how stupid they are or look at the mentally retarded pizzagate which links magheritas with pedophiles.

They fill threads with nothing but cuckshit, Sup Forumstars crossboarders should be banned on sight.

Cuck is a fun buzzword exactly because it triggers people like you into yelling pol where there is none. Not only do you yell pol but also reddit.
That's some heavy buzzwording we've got here.

>mentally retarded pizzagate which links magheritas with pedophiles
I have a very strong feeling this was engineered like those "iOS 7 waterproofing" and "microwave charging" to get people to do stupid things.

Mangafags let me know now. Will Bon die

Yes. The OP pretty much spoils it.

I guess between the spoilers and cuckposting I should avoid the threads this time.

I had an orgasm listening to this

shit Ringo need to work more in anime

The song is perfect but I'm disappointed with the opening,It is a bite boring.
I would have liked to see more of Miyo.

But this season doesn't even have Miyo.

Miyo is dead user. And I think the OP fits the manga readers more. We know what happens so seeing the visuals and some scenes gets us hyped, or me at least.

>I would have liked to see more of Miyo.
She's dead Jim, leave her to the past where she belongs.

This has to be one of the saddest opening songs I have ever heard. Too beautiful for words.

It makes me sad that Rakugo has such a lackluster OST despite having godly OPs.

I know that fags
But for me Miyo have an exotic beauty so I just want to see her.