Kimi no Na wa

>#1 in the Chinese box office
>premieres #1 in the Korean box office
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
>inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
>on the verge of surpassing Spirited Away's worldwide gross, making it the highest grossing anime of all time
>still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
This movie is literally unstoppable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YuSurqgmigU
youtube.com/watch?v=hRfHcp2GjVI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2016_anime_films
youtube.com/watch?v=a2GujJZfXpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Still not yet out in my country. Will bring a bunch of friends to watch it, maybe we'll be the ones pushing it into first place.

If it's these two, live adaptation would be fine. I guess.
youtube.com/watch?v=YuSurqgmigU

Where do you live?

Dammit, they are just too fucking cute together.

I hope I can see this movie soon so I can talk about something other than its box office performance.

is it dumb to ask for a good link?
I can only find that bootleg version that surfaced. is there a high def leak yet?

I imagine the Screen Actor's Guild and people voting for the Oscars are gonna get copies of it, so someone's gonna leak it eventually.

Welp, it's Kana from the Chihayafuru live action movie.

She's qt but not, y know, shrine-maiden-defy-time-alter-reality qt like how Mitsuha was portrayed. She look southeast asian to me.

Her version of Nandemonaiya is awesome tho.

And yet America will remain ignorant of it and it won't win an Oscar because the academy is run by idiots

How do you guys imagine the rest of the day went after their reunion?

Apparently Shinkai said they went about like two people who had just met.

Italy. It'll be out on the 23rd.

Did you see her promoting the movie in public to a crowd and getting flustered over how v much people loved the movie and her role in the movie?
Mone Kamishiraishi is fucking adorable.

I've seen it 4 times now

It might be my favourite movie altogether

>tfw only got to see it 7 times in London
At least I got the book collection.

Taki probably asked her out to the cafe, causing her to immediately swoon.

>finally got to see it today
I only want one thing and that is to go back and see it again

Is there a fucking list of countries this movie is slated to be shown in including premiere dates? Can't find one for the love of motherfucking god.

Ma in quali cinema esce?
Esce doppiato o con i sottotitoli?

Mitsuha's supposed to be a total babe

Mone is a chubby-wubby round face qt.

Where u from, gaijin?

I'm a dirty Slav from the fucking Czech Republic. Slovak republic would work, too.

Holy fucking shit! When is this coming to the US? It's like they don't want to make another 10 billion yen.
Is there a reason for this wait time in Burgerland? Are they waiting for an official Oscar nomination that way the normalfags here will at least care/want to see it?

They made 5 years worth of sake to please the god.

My nigga I spent some time in Bratislava and Nove Mesto. Then swung by Prague for a few days.
I hope you get to see it soon user.

That's basically it, Funi is waiting for the Oscar nomination so that they can put the "Oscar nominated" label on it before releasing the movie.
You've still got it better than other people, in Germany we don't even know if Kimi No Na Wa will be released at all.

Canada when? Fuck.

>having friends that like anime
mad jelly desu

>in Germany we don't even know if Kimi No Na Wa will be released at all
>watching this with German dub
>watching anything with German dub
Literally stopped doing that 12ish years ago. Cant take German dubs serious.

I got to see it when it premiered at Anime-Expo and again in Los Angeles. I wanna see it again so much.

If it gets an oscar nomination, the theatrical release will be extended and push the BDs further away.

Screeners are DVD though. Probably will have to wait til the bluray release.

Yeah but other places in Europe got the movie.
Basically every non NEET European has a passport. Plus flying is like 50% less than in America. Plus Europe is so close together.
I've driven 4 hours here just to see a friend for a weekend. In some of Europe that's like two countries away. You guys have no excuse.
If we wanted to see it, we'd have to pay like $700 for a ticket. You can get from Frankfurt to London in 2 hours for like $150.

Thanks. I can wait no problem, I just wanna know if and when the fucking thing will be screened somewhere in my vicinity. I'm losing my sanity trying to find the Czech or Slovak release date, if there even is any.

I hope your stay in Slovakia was okay. Bratislava is kinda boring considering it is the Capital of the country but there still are many things to visit and see. Prague is several leagues above, though. You can't manage to see everything even if you had a whole month.

Can you imagine how much shit will go down if any mainstream american celebrity supports this film? You thought Sup Forumsinvading Sup Forumsis bad?

An oscar nomination will be terrifying for the true fans of this art form.

Is anime saved?

>Having to take a $150 flight to watch a movie
Sounds like a pretty good excuse not to, actually.

You can get a flight from London to Frankfurt and back for less than £20.

Anime is already 99% trash though

I did two weeks. Flew to Vienna. Friend picked me up, stayed in Bratislava. Went to Nove Mesto. Shit faced and took mushrooms. Took motorbike to some castle on top of a big hill. Bus to Prague. So much weed and cheap liquor. God man, Europe is so much better than the US.
Can't wait to come back. Good to know there's some weebs there. Just be patient. I watched the shitty screener back months ago, will gladly pay to see it again in a theater. Hope you get it soon.
Na zdravie.

My estimate was just based off of a quick Google search for "flight from Germany to UK".
Either way, my point is all the more valid, travel in Europe is much cheaper than in the US.
I drove 3 hours round trip to New Fucking Jersey just to see Kizu parts 1 and 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=hRfHcp2GjVI

Never cared for the movie or anything related to the box office records or even the Keitai meme, after checking that trailer I want to see it now.

I remember being in cinema and watching Spirited Away in 2003

Now we have 2017 and it won't be even screened here

Good thing Miyazaki is back, Shinkai a shit

Nice, at this rate we will have BD rips in 2018

For the most part it is. For some reason in Britain the train fares are fucking ridiculous. I can fly to Germany and back for £20, but when it comes to taking a train a couple of hundred miles north to Leeds to go see Koe no Katachi it costs fucking £80.

Bow chicka bow wow.

If you are into booze and other such recreational pleasures, it must have been very enjoyable. For a foreigner hailing from the west it must feel like getting smashed for free, I imagine. Come again.
Cheers.

>Sup Forums invading Sup Forums
rabbi pls

Uh, figo.
Anche io.
Da solo però
Credo c'era un sito dove vedere la lista.
Ah
>sottotitoli
>al cinema in italia

I'm waiting for this shit to air in my 3rd World Country. Even it releases only dubbed it will be enough to me. I just want to see it too. Huehue

Find that sort of hard to believe since they were literally crying when they saw each other. Also, why would Shinkai leave the ending on a vague note if he's just gonna tell everyone what happens next?

Great, you reminded me of the shitty German dub of Unlimited Blade Works. Thanks for triggering me.

It wouldn't be the first time an anime was nominated for an Oscar.
Spirited Away won an Oscar, and Howl's Moving Castle, The Wind Rises, and Kaguya were all nominated.
What makes Your Name. getting a nomination so different?

It's not Ghibli.

Fuck off Brazil.

I think it will be interesting because its modern Japanese storytelling. I'm not saying Ghibli isn't modern or Japanese but the general Western audience is aware of their inoffensive and fantastical style. This just seems a lot closer to an actual anime while Ghibli films are sort of removed from that.

On the other hand I haven't even seen the movie so I'm just talking out my ass. Isn't it supposed to be in the US already? What gives?

An Oscar nomination will justify Taki groping his breasts in Mitsuha's body.

>In our world, the sense of feeling "maybe I've met this person sometime before" isn't very common, right?
>When Taki and Mitsuha met on the stairs, they only believed so slightly, otherwise they met for the first time as a normal boy and girl.
>As for the story after that, I'll leave it up to the viewers.

So?

The American public only knows Ghibli. An Oscar nomination would sort of justify them watching it.

Cazzo lo vai a vedere in italiano a fare?
Eppoi non ho nessuna voglia di dare soldi a distributori italiani. Anche se bisogna dire che la Dynit fa sempre un buon lavoro.
Comunque il punto è che mi rifiuto di pagare per un bene digitale a meno che non sia un capolavoro o quasi e questo è il solito filmetto di Shinkai. Senza parlare di tutti gli insopportabili fan di anime che trovi al cinema.
Mah, prova a guardare mymovies.

Guardatevelo in 480p, non è mica Tenshi no Tamago sta roba.

Where do I find what animu is being shown in theatres near me? Like is there a site that keeps track specifically of animu screenings, especially those one-off special events?

More specifically in SF Bay Area. I almost missed Mononoke Hime yesterday because that, I can't be arsed to keep checking all the normie movie sites regularly on the off-chance that something like that comes up.

Yeah it's called Google.

>insopportabili fan
Uh, che sei andato a vedere?
Io solo le proiezioni di evangelion anni fa.
>480p
Preferisco aspettare va, tanto il backlog è lungo

Mai visto un anime al cinema (apparte il primo film dei Pkemon), presumo che li troverò anche lì.

Ci sono un sacco di cose da vedere, è vero, ma questo film sta diventando un fenomeno e che sia bello o brutto è da vedere, cosi in caso posso dire con cognizione di causa che fa cagare.

I would love for Kimi no Na wa to win an Oscar just to see the mass confusion of normies nationwide and for mass butthurt from Disneyfags rooting for Moana, Zootopia, and Finding Dory.
But we all know that the Oscars don't know shit about animation, so it's never gonna happen.
Let's hope at least that Zootopia gets snubbed so that the furries can fuck off forever.

>normies
Kimi no na wa appeals to the normalfags, as does every single Shinkai movie.
Kill yourself.

Agreed, the movie completely falls apart as soon as you think a bit about the character development and they way a lot of the scenes played out. Normies dont do that. They just sit down and enjoy. Kimi no na wa is the perfect normie movie. Although, I am not too sure how normies react to teenage romance scenes since they are never really confronted with them. High school kids being the center of a love story is a REALLY japanese thing, you hardly ever, if ever, see that in western media.

>Although, I am not too sure how normies react to teenage romance scenes since they are never really confronted with them. High school kids being the center of a love story is a REALLY japanese thing, you hardly ever, if ever, see that in western media.
What? Never heard of High School Musical and garbage like that?

WOW FUCKING THANKS MAN SO HELPFUL I NEVER WOULD OF FIGURED IT OUT MYSELF

That is literally aimed at kids and is quite a rare thing. You really cant compare the amount of anime that play in a high school setting (too many to count) to the amount of movies/tv shows of the western world that do. ESPECIALLY with a focus on romance.

Why does this happen so suddently?
I am not even doubting the movie, but there were so many good movies and people never cared.
Is it because of the hole Miyazaki left behind after leaving?

Man, I really hope this film doesn't ruin Shinkai's career. I don't want a bunch of normie-bait from him.

>That is literally aimed at kids and is quite a rare thing
No, it's not. In what world do you live in?

How is Moana? Finding Dory is objectively shit. Zootopia was kind of all right, but I also don't want furry shit winning anything.

Spirited Away was up against Lilo&Stitch and Ice Age, but we all know they gave it to Miyazaki out of pity.

He's always done that.

Never heard of John Green and friends either?

it's just a non retarded romance story with actual sweet ending. if the ending was like 5cm it would be fuckign trash

Nah, the "Best Animated Feature" category is basically the "Best Movie for Kids".

Look at all the comment from previous years. They were all about watching with the reviewers' children.

Some can explain why Your Name is popular? There is literally nothing special about this movie. it´s just the same plot of this movie of Rob Schneider Even visual is nothing compared to other animes movies of 2016
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2016_anime_films

But people fill theaters as second coming of Christ.

It found a way.

Anime really almost always fuck up endings, it's enraging and I never understood why mangaka do it anyway.

Will the movie really only air dubbed in the States? There were only two screenings (that I was aware of) in my country and both were subtitled.

Has it passed any of the top 3 in the Japanese box office yet? Also holy fuck how long do movies stay in theaters over there?

You're welcome faggot.

I thought they immediately recognized eachother or remembered everything on the trains, with their reactions and all. But they probably remembered after a while and fucked nonstop.

Why would you stop playing something profitable?

Moana was good. It's a massive step up from the overrated hogshit that was Frozen. Nothing profound, but it was good, and had some pretty innovative animation
Zootopia I was not impressed by at all.

It was fantastic, I went in thinking it would just be alright but I fell in love hard with this movie. I know there are plenty of anons who don't like it, but this movie got to me in a way that other Shinkai films haven't. Definitely my favorite animated film as a whole in a long time, let alone 2016.

youtube.com/watch?v=a2GujJZfXpg
>You'll never watch it for the first time again

Your Name is miles better than Finding Dory and from what I heard, Moana as well. If Kubo gets nominated, it's ending holds it back too much for me to consider it a serious contender which only leaves Zootopia as it's competition. I think Zootopia is a good movie, but it doesn't having the staying power of Your Name. After I saw Your Name, it stuck in my head for days to weeks, while I didn't get the same experience from Zootopia at all.

>tfw I watched the shitty rip
>tfw my first experience will never be in theaters or even the Blu Ray rip that's probably coming

God dammit, I soiled it but I'd be lying if I said I'm not glad I did it anyways. It'll just make the next viewing that much better, I suppose.

Is this shit still in theaters in China?

The theater experience is incredible.
You did a big mistake by watching that crappy rip.

I know that feeling. I thought nothing was going to top Koe no Katachi for me this year but this did.

You missed out big time user. It was fucking amazing on the big screen. You should at least try and watch it on a big TV in surround sound once it comes out on BD.

To be fair, there where times I had to pause to recollect myself and you can't do that in a theater without looking autistic. But I decided to watch it on a whim, something I don't really do for movies in theaters. There wasn't a guarantee I would've gone to see it in theaters if I never watched the rip.

I know I messed up, but like I said here , I might not have even gone to see it at all if it weren't for the random decision I made to watch it. Though I'm definitely experiencing it right when the BD comes out.

Nice meme.

If the movie isn't complete garbage it doesn't matter if the video quality isn't BD like.

You underages never seen a movie on VHS?

Will you faggots speak in English? We don't speak lasagna.