One Punch Man

Chapter 108 comes to a close as does Genos' discussion of the Neo Heroes.

mediafire.com/file/37zizj3yn18woy1/One_Punch_Man_(ONE)_108.zip
mediafire.com/folder/hbiw3zjw3537f/OPM

Fucking Genos Man

>I'm gonna deflect, are you coming with me?
>no
>then I won't either
Fuck you Genos.

Wew, I guess the real question now is if Saitama is willing to let Genos stay in his apartment

So No more updates tomorrow now that the chapter is over?

Oh well, it really felt good to finally get an update and threads reaching bump limit.

This motherfucker.

it's really odd how this would be the perfect moment for him to depart, especially with mirroring the page style from when they officially became master/student, and then he does the complete opposite

Do ya think?

But that's the joke.

One is a comedic genius

Can't wait until next New Year's Eve

What did he mean by this.

>it's really odd how this would be the perfect moment for him to depart
No, because Genos really would become a nobody loser, more than he already is, if he leaves Saitama. Genos is too emo and he needed Saitama's low key lifestyle to keep him grounded.

This decision doesn't help him find new ways to become stronger. So you think is he not as worried and conflicted about becoming stronger now as a result of this, even if he doesn't realize it at the moment?

I find it interesting that a big deal is him wanting to give Saitama the credit he deserves by moving him to the new Association.

However, Saitama is already fast-tracked as a superhero anyway. Sure, he had to work his way up, but he is already A class after a little more than two months. Saitama is already getting a good life and he isn't greedy enough to jump ship for it.

We are clearly being fujoed.

ONE still hasn't lost his touch. We have both "you were very bright" and "okay, I won't either" in the same chapter. AAA humour.

Ok, that is unexpected.

Both this week's Mob and this chapter have been on point. ONE is a master.

I guess I have missed it but what are the Neo Heros?

reread it but pay attention to the words this time

He just cares for his teacher :(

Wait, what's the monster that rekt Genos and is on his way to Tournament in manga?
It did not happen in webcomic I think.

Why do people still treat this as if it's supposed to be taken seriously? You shouldn't be so surprised that Genos decided to fuck the whole thing off, that was the damn joke. It's poking fun at the trope where edgy faggots leave the heroes to "get stronger" with another group of edgy faggots.

Good, useless drama avoided.
How do we make genos stronger without upgrades?

Make him fight smarter?

What if he lured enemies out to isolated areas and just straight up nuke them?

Because ONE does play it straight most of the time. Otherwise, he wouldn't be so much of a troll. It's just at the critical moments, everyone forgets that he's just going to troll them.

Simulation-based learning program with time perception altering drugs to expedite the process.
Genos would be Neo by the end of it.

SASUGA 1

Will Saitama ever get his ass handed to him in a fight? Will GOD make him bleed? Can Blast punch his teeth out?

No
No
And no

No.
Whole premise revolves around his fading interest in mortal matters because of cheats he obtained.

That's lame as fuck.
Also Garou was already too fast for him to hit so he had to use rubble to hide his movement.

No he drains Saitama of semen, having them made of new upgrades to make himself stronger.

Saitama wasn't even trying, are you a retard?

>Also Garou was already too fast for him to hit so he had to use rubble to hide his movement.

No.

It's not that Garou was too fast for him. The reason why Garou was able to dodge his attacks was because he was predicting his moves and Saitama is an amateur with no technique. Saitama had no problem dodging all of his attacks beforehand, not to mention he wasn't even taking him seriously

What kind of education did ONE go trough to get so good at comedy?
It's kinda like watching Ping Pong and wondering where did they poach this talent.

>Garou was already too fast
This guy sure is badass, but Saitama wasn't serious.
He liked Garoun, commented how he is actually a sweet guy.
He should do some soul-searching for a firmer conviction and clearer motivation and then make a grand comeback.
Should not have traded nimble "human" form for a monstrous larger build with more STR.
This shit never works against Saitama.

Well people with good sense of humor are either easygoing "everyone's man" or faced a lot of suffering and adapted the ironic approach to life experience as a result.

No, Garou kept holding back his strength because he wanted to be a hero but settled for something lesser, because it was easier. Saitama decided that he'd use just a little bit of effort, with a hope that Garou would take him seriously. Instead, the opposite happened--that rather than taking him seriously and fighting with a clear intent, he instead submitted to his instinctual desires for power over his original philosophy that drove him in the first place, and ultimately lost as a result.

Saitama has used ONE super move, when he fought Boros, and then used a total of three super moves when he fought Garou. Despite this, all of his "serious series" attacks are still fractions of a 1% of what he's really capable off.

Because of his insane training regimen, he broke his own limiter and not exists in a different plane of power altogether. There is literally nothing on the planet, in terms of power, that has managed to force him to use more than 1% of his ability. But that 1% in itself is meaningless, because there is no 100% end. He can scale infinitely. If tomorrow, God showed up and started playing around with humans, Saitama would be able to One Punch God into death; and even then, he wouldn't use more than a handful of series series moves--as again, due to his infinite scaling in part due to a broken limiter, there is yet again NOTHING that can force him to go all out.

>all of his "serious series" attacks are still fractions of a 1% of what he's really capable off.
>tips fedora

This is the simple subversion of expectations. It's not difficult; what ONE did well was building it up, not just in this chapter alone, not even when the new HA organization was being grouped, but way back when he started first developing Genos as a character and when he created a similar situation to make a callback to.

Of course Genos would change his mind immediately. He's just that much of a fanboy. But then again, this was being built up as a serious dilemma, especially with Genos not unquestioningly appreciating/accepting Saitama's "words of wisdom". It really made you think, "Huh, maybe Genos really WILL break away from Saitama this time". At the same time, you'd have it in the back of your mind that Genos still is Saitama's "ultimate disciple" and wouldn't leave him like that. And he didn't.

Another guy here.

He held back from killing people, but he wasn't holding back his strength against Saitama. He really was going all out. Hence his transformation into a "true" monster; he was forgetting himself, on what he really wanted to be. Garou's desire to be a hero (which he didn't even consciously know himself) put a cap on his strength, but not on how hard he could try.

And I don't know why you mentioned the number of super moves Saitama used. And he only used 2. One was to change up the environment and have some fun, and the other wasn't even that devastating (despite blowing up Garou's arm). They were "serious moves", but they weren't moves with the intention of killing Garou.

>Saitama wasn't serious
Yeah sure, that's why he wasn't able to hit Garou after he could read him.
Just look at Saitama's expression whenever he misses.
Even in the end when Saitama tries to follow Garou with his eyes (the moment he appeared behind him) he easily outspeeds him and attacks him a dozen times from the front.
All Saitama had over Garou is strength and durability.

>Saitama has used ONE super move, when he fought Boros, and then used a total of three super moves when he fought Garou

I hope you're not implying that the number of "serious" moves Saitama uses on a person does determines that person's strength. If that was the case then Sonic and Boros are equal since he used a serious move against Sonic as well.

> It's not difficult;
Okay but how often do you see this in jap media?

Nigger Garou himself said he was being toyed with stop speedreading

That's what my explanation is about.

And quite a bit. Subverting expectations is not a new joke. It's the depth of this particular example that's good. The effort put into the set-up.

He wasn't serious. he was mostly standing around at the end with the same deadpan expression on his face and was even mocking him at times

Pretty sure his reading comprehension is a 0, stop responding to him. Once Saitama gets serious nothing so far can even catch or touch him (hence why right after the serious table flip he was untouchable and slaughtered). Then he got bored and tanked everything until he put Garou in his place.

Not that autistic user but I have always wondered wether or not the following panel was just Saitama hitting Garou or did Garou keep punching as well? He calls it an exchange of blows but it looks like he's just taking hits

Pretty sure they were slugging it out just throwing punches at each other, with Saitama parrying/dodging Garou's hits and landing all his. Garou goes full defense in the next panel though. Haven't read the raws though so not sure if anything was lost in translation.

>Saitama spends most of the story as either a hero for a hobby that no one knew about, or a C-to-B Class "official" hero that people believe is a fake or massive fluke magnet.
>These last few chapters establish that even the S-Class heroes in the association aren't pulling in the respect and revere that they once did.

Goddamnit, Saitama is going to become an S-Class right as the plot sets them up as scapegoats for everything wrong with the system, leaving people even more pissed with him than they were before aren't they?

>leaving people even more pissed with him

btw, did we ever get translation/typesets for these?

>cold beauty
Hmm?

Yeah. Don't know where to find them, though. Don't even know if they got typeset. They definitely got translated once, though.

Oh fuck I did not see that coming

That's funny as fuck

Garou himself said that Saitama had superior speed and reflexes.

Give Garou any broken (superior to Saitama's) physical stat and he'd fucking win even vs Saitama.

Nigga Genos is S class. He could get a room next door if he wanted.

> Saitama gets serious
> Destroys half the galaxy
Gee user, I don't know why he isn't fighting at max potential all the time.

>destroys half the galaxy
Plz user he would be helpless in weightlessness of space when he runs out of socks and boots to throw.

>"Serious Series": Serious Breath Holding

Not forever though.

There's a million other shonen manga you can read where the power levels actually matter or the fights have some kind of stake. Go read those. I will never understand how people like you can read this and believe there's a point in arguing about who's stronger.
I read this because I want to see what the fuck is up with Saitama and whether he's moved up a class or not. This manga is about the corporate grind, climbing the ladder, and some fun jokes. That's it.

Best disciple

Getting serious is too much work

Can't really blame Saitama not wanting to go through the similar shit again after all the trouble he did just to climb the ranks in the HA.

>all the trouble he did
Nani?

The issue with this plot thread is that we haven't seen anything prior in the story that hints at that. Obviously there's conflict amongst the heroes and the Association, but nothing that the public would be aware of. Maybe this will be something that's clarified whenever the Murata version adds more plot points.

Old Comments about the Monster Association Arc
>I have 2 big problems with the arc. 1- Garou and his partner, Lord Extended Lame and Redundant Speech, a Dragon class demon. 2- Garou beating all the S-Class heroes like they were ragdolls had no impact at all cause a freaking blob of water and a sperm guy already destroyed the entire S-class heroes like they were ragdolls. Of course Garou could've destroyed all the s-class even if they were in their top form, but the thing is, they were already obliterated and humiliated by only 2 demons by the time Garou appeared, making his "feat" not only look less impressive, but kinda redundant.

But, seriously, without Saitama, the hero association is screwed up. Or Blast is a super power house that ridicules the rest of the S class, or they're totally fucked. Cause just 2 Dragon level guys kicked their asses mercilessly, and I can't see THAT being the strongest threat they will face. If 10-15 Dragon level guided by a God level suddenly appeared, and Saitama was taking a vacation on the Bahamas, what? They will all gang up on one of the Dragon minions and lose? What a bunch of losers.

Forgot to green last paragraph
>Aaaaaaand caught up. Fun, fun ride, and the transition from "I have to read it THIS way now? Urgh" to "Actually, the art is still incredibly effective" is amusing. ONE is a master of angles and panel layout, both Kubo and Mashima should take notes.

>As for the current arc, boy was it long, but I didn't have the animosity a lot of people here apparently had towards Garou. It was misguided and childish, but he had an idealistic passion, which was great to see take on the dickish S-Class heroes.

I think everyone really fucking hated Garou. Makes me wonder how his reception is going to be later in the manga and in the anime

Does the manga get better? I dropped it during that shitty tournament arc that followed the brilliant Boros arc.

I just watched the anemay so I have no idea what's going on in the manga.

Isn't this just a cute page where he shows loyalty to his master?

Sup Forums used to be all about loyalty

Was demon garou stronger or weaker than armour-broken boros?

He's smart enough to know that if he picks Neo Hero, at some point, they'd have a bout against the HA. He know show overpowered Saitama is, sure enough the NHA would be decimated if it comes to a fight of heroes, hence backing out. It's not that odd.

Read the webcomic. OPM works much better comedically with ONE's style than Murata's.

See

Boros=Garou, take that as you will and fuck off before you start another powerlevel debate

Its almost like dragon class threats are rare or something, and before garou there hasnt been a confirmed level god threat - so yes, if ten dragons led by a gid level were to rock up they would annihilate everyone, but the scenario is retarded "goku is so weak, what if ten people on par with black led by a god of destruction showed up , hed be screwed!"

And tatsumaki wolas doing just fine against most of the MA until she git careless and dint finish psykoss off

Knew it!

Now that was pretty funny

Did I miss a few chapters? What's the Neo Heroes, the organisation Blast was starting?

And, let's be honest, the only real problems were Black Sperm and Evil Water. Bang and Atomic Samurai should have been able to easily handle the rest of them.

Darkshine would probably be impervious against Evil Water's attacks too, and could probably no-sell Black Sperm until he created his merged forms.

Neo Heroes were discussed during Tatsumaki/Saitama fight, only speedreaders didn't remember them

They're the new Hero Organisation

>I think everyone really fucking hated Garou
You need to lurk more, blogposter-kun. People have a love-hate relationship with his character, as intended by ONE, who took extreme care to gradually develop him and give him a good resolution by the end of the arc.

Most of the time he's OUR GUY.

>the only real problems were Black Sperm and Evil Water
No one whatsoever could even put a dent on Rover. If it was around for the showdown things would've turned out even worse. And even if we discount that, Golden Sperm and Psykos are already enough of a combo to annihilate S-class in it's entirety. What a joke.

Well, keep in mind that Bang got even more serious once he got to the "showdown". Plus, there's also Atomic's sword slices to consider.

Putting that aside, perhaps Darkshine and Flash would be able to harm him. Darkshine may have enough raw power and Flash could go for a 'death by a thousand cuts' kind of dealio. Flash, at least, should be able to properly avoid getting harmed by Rover. Not sure if Darkshine's muscle armor could take on Rover's explosions, though.

Guys.

What if Genos himself is the "mad cyborg"? He's "genocide", after all.

Not really, you only learn of his motivations in the middle to the end of the MA arc.

He serves the same orle to the plot that Stain did for boku no hero, that being to break the status quo of the hero society by pointing obvious flaws.

What part of "gradually develop" did you not understand?

What the fuck are you replying to?

What kind of guy is ONE? i don't understand moon so i don't follow him on twitter

Im replying to your mother's failed aborption you mentally handicapped imbecile

As expected of a retarded bokufag.

Learn to read before replying to others' posts with unrelated and downright idiotic commentary. Better yet, fuck outta the thread, cretin.