"Illustration from the late 1800s up through the middle of the 20th century was absolutely amazing. In general...

"Illustration from the late 1800s up through the middle of the 20th century was absolutely amazing. In general, American culture was at its highest skill wise in every aspect of human life in the 1940s. It’s all been downhill since then. You just open an old magazine from the 1930s and ’40s and look at the illustrations in it. There’s nobody alive that could touch the way they could draw back then. In old movies, the cinematography is a thousand times better than anything today. Writing, a thousand times better. You buy any book on color theory today and it’s just complete poppycock. Everybody comes out of school painting pink, purple, and green. The whole damn cartoon industry has pink, purple, and green on their mind."

"Those are the colors of Cutie Honey. Most cartoons are those colors. They have been for many years. Until Cagliostro made that change. Cagliostro changed it, Toshihiko Masuda perfected it. And then there’s been some shows that have followed Masuda’s lead, like Tiny Toon Adventures which has absolutely beautiful color."

"If you’re a kid wanting to be a cartoonist today, and you’re looking at The Legend of Korra, you don’t have to aim very high. You can draw Korra when you’re 10 years old. You don’t have to get any better than that to become a professional cartoonist. The standards are extremely low. Same as in illustration. Not very many people can draw who are illustrators today, compared to the early 20th century."

Oldfag with selective, rose-tinted memory. Sage goes in the options field.

But the thing is that Masuda replaced Miyazaki once he left Telecom is the thing, if Masuda's efforts were deemed excellent by Miyazaki then Masuda is a excellent director.

This is a famicom thread isn't it?

Nope, he is not one to talk about Ghibli itself.

Agreed.
When you start to repeatedly say "Everything is shit these days" you need to evaluate your biases.

>And then there’s been some shows that have followed Masuda’s lead, like Tiny Toon Adventures which has absolutely beautiful color.
TRIGGERED

Why? Miyazaki loves Tiny Toons.

Nope, only facts.

They stole that from Miyazaki was the thing.

Even made a fake link too.

Definitely a famicom thread.

God damn he's 100% correct. I'm amazed.

He talks about TMS, not Ghibli, please understand.

I know.

So famicom thread?

Famicom is a nutcase.

Well, everything is done with computers. Not one mainstream cartoon is hand drawn, frame by frame, with pencils and ink anymore

>cutie honey

Superior taste my old boy

Nope, he talks about TMS, not Ghibli.
That has been debunked.

"Wrong"

Most shows are hand drawn, scanned, digitally painted and composited

>Everybody comes out of school painting pink, purple, and green. The whole damn cartoon industry has pink, purple, and green on their mind."
I don't care if it's a made up quote, because this absolutely is the truth and it's what I've been trying to tell people.

>mfw people make up miyazaki "quotes" and newfags believe it
>at this point you only have to post something jaded or elitist about the animation industry next to miyazaki's face and people will automatically believe he said it

That was a real Miyazaki quote, it's Sup Forums that stole it from him.

[citation needed]

>That was a real Miyazaki quote, it's Sup Forums that stole it from him.
Can you post original?

What's funny is it's absolutely the kind of thing Miyazaki could, and would say. The guy's the epitome of jaded elitist.

well, obviously

the postwar period was when American culture began to be dominated by Jews

Miyazaki will never say trash like
>"The Legend of Korra, you don’t have to aim very high. You can draw Korra when you’re 10 years old"
>"Same as in illustration. Not very many people can draw who are illustrators today, compared to the early 20th century.""

I used to like Miyazaki and his disappointment is founded, but lately it's coming off as arrogance and it's making him dislikeable.

Yes, he would.

No, because he's actually artist. Not someone who knows nothing about art

Artist do talk like that, end of story.

dubs of truth

also this

t. non-artist

No, they don't autist. End of story.

You're delusional, seek help.

Yes, they do.

You're delusional, seek help.

>get-a-load-of-this-guy-cam

Post proofs

He wouldn't use those words but replace Korra with Kimi no Na Wa and he might agree with it

Atsuko Tanaka worked on Kimi no Na Wa is the thing, Kimi no Na Wa also had effort in it as well.

Those insults are just not real. They written by someone who don't draw.

Every artist is not the same.
That being said, I'm a professional artist who has worked in the vidya industry and in freelance for the last 5 years and typically this sort of elitist attitude is dropped by good artists, typically because to get good you need to humble yourself and accept criticism and learn how to look up to and be inspired by your peers.
The only people who act like elitists tend to be bad artists who are delusional or insecure about their skill level.

Going back to what I first said though, people aren't the same. I've spoken with a pretty famous artist who has worked on big IPs like Runescape and his attitude stank. He was very elitist and talked trash about aspiring amateurs. Thankfully most other professionals I've known have been very humble and honest guys

>I'm a professional artist who has worked in the vidya
Post your work. Gestures for example or traditional paintings.

Miyazaki is the exception.

He is depressed escapism retard with shit taste. It's not like he seriously looked at how and why things work now to come to his conclusions.

He could have been amazing if he looked at the heart of his depression and tried to figure things out, but as things stand his stuff isn't any closer to the truth than your random moe shit of the week, it's just more expensive.

He obviously did amazing stuff but it's still pure escapism. He doesn't care about the adventure, he just wants to get away from the "ugly world".

Why?

Because I don't believe you and will not read your post until proofs.

there you go then I guess

This isn't cutie honey that I know of. Care to share?

I think I seen you in /ic/ impressive.

At this point any mention of TMS or anything in that area makes me sort of uncomfortable

>The standards are extremely low. Same as in illustration. Not very many people can draw who are illustrators today, compared to the early 20th century.

I don't care if it was him or someone else but there is a bit of truth on this.

The early 20th century comparison has a reason though, and that is photography. Photography killed the "need" for artists to emulate reality, what was the point of drawing something 1:1 if you can just take a photo of it? That is why art in general had to find forms of giving meaning to their works.

yeah i post there off and on, thanks

You better to create this thread in /ic/. Well of course artist don't paint advertising in magazines anymore but still it's not truth.

>Oldfag with selective, rose-tinted memory
Sounds exactly like Sup Forums when they start talking about Sup Forums "culture" and the good old days.