Earth’s Carbon Crisis

Listen carefully and beware this is a bit of a black pill.

I work in a biology lab for a three letter agency near Washington DC. Our upper management has been spooked all week after an internal report from a third party laboratory has been leaked and circulated with terrifying implications.

According to the report, the increasing CO2 content of the atmosphere will begin approaching toxic levels with our lifetimes. In fact, it is possible that physiological effects could begin to affect all humans on Earth within a decade.

>Within 9 years, Earth’s atmospheric CO2 will hit 550ppm, at which point breathing becomes slightly harder, long exercise becomes more strenuous.

>In ~22-23 years, Earth’s atmospheric CO2 will hit 800ppm, at which point human fertility will fall by up to 30-40%.

>Within 30 years (~2050), the CO2 content of the atmosphere will approach Bohman’s point at ~1280ppm. This is the dreaded point at which the favorability of the oxygen exchange in our lungs falls below 0, so humans will require either an oxygen mask or other sealed environment to survive.

Obviously this scenario is somewhat problematic. What do we do?

Other urls found in this thread:

co2.earth/monthly-co2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CO2_fertilization_effect
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_fertilization
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03441.x/pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Glacial_Maximum
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2017GL075981/abstract
youtube.com/watch?v=nJUhrp3_xH4
youtube.com/watch?v=al5SZnjZzgw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Move to Africa

>Muh deadly CO2.

>Within 9 years, Earth’s atmospheric CO2 will hit 550ppm, at which point breathing becomes slightly harder, long exercise becomes more strenuous.

No it won't
It is at 410ppm peak in 2017 and increases at abut 2.5ppm per year. To reach 550ppm we need a 140ppm increase in 9 years in other words 15.55ppm per year. How the fuck is that going to happen? Even in worse case scenarios where permafrost starts melting at a rapid rate this won't happen.

I don't doubt this stuff is a problem but not this decade. We need to invent tech to pull CO2 from the air anyway.

Shoot every faggot driving a planet raper.

2.5 is still too much imo

Is this some new tactic of the Globalists? To try and frighten numbskulls into believing they're going to choke to death on a trace gas measured in parts per million.

co2.earth/monthly-co2

1980s average CO2PPM yearly increase (this is all based on the May peak): 1.50 1990s: 1.54 2000s: 2.05 2010s: 2.38

OK its been more like 2 but the trend is heading to 2.5 per year. Especially with feedbacks like permafrost melt, and failure of the marine carbon pump

Maybe I dunno, trees?

Wow, this is serious guys, we're going to simultaneously reach peak oil and put infinite amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere.
Better pour trillions into alternative energy companies that just so happen to be run by the friends and family of politicians.

Methane is stored in the ice caps and have 5x more heat holding capacity as C02. Basically within a few years it's going to get hotter and hotter and it's gonna happen faster and faster.

The problem here is I and others just dont trust anything the govt has its hands in.

Show me an unbiased, proven so, scientist, then prove to me no one has paid him/her money to say something specific, then prove to me his/her methods were unbiased, then prove to me their findings were in fact unbiased. Also, no politicians allowed anywhere near the conversation. The second any media starts reporting the matter before the conclusion, or the second a seemingly obscure nobody politician mentions it, or the minute a big name anyone relating to big business or banking mentions it, it is no longer a legitimate endeavor.

I dont fucking trust people.

clearly not fast enough otherwise, the levels of CO2 wouldn't keep rising

Within a few minutes you can find that atmospheric CO2 levels would have to be around 60,000 PPM to induce death. A 150x times increase from current levels.

I will plant a few house plants I guess.

Just look at the science of it ffs.

Every atom of carbon combusted produces 3 atoms of C02.
The gasses are literally measurable and people still don't believe it lol.
You can even look at ground core logs and see that it has increased over time.

the problem with c02 extraction isn't the extraction tech, but rather the energy to feed it. None of it will produce a net negative amount of c02 except nuclear

>every atom of carbon combusts into 3 Co2 molecuels

>new
they've been spinning the scam for years

you just haven't been privy to it because you're distracted by their OTHER scams. Liberals run 4-5 near identical scams at the same time as brainwashing programs for various groups of goyim. like television channels, our thoughts are also syndicated.

We wuz replicators n shit

>Every atom of carbon combusted produces 3 atoms of C02

I will keep driving my 20mpg sports car thank you very much.

Trees combined with natural fertilizer that increases the speed at which co2 is absorbed might work...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CO2_fertilization_effect

if this isn't enough dump the right fertilizer into the ocean:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_fertilization

Can still vaguely remember a company that started fertilization for creating carbon offsets pre 2000 ..
It was put out of business as it was deemed too dangerous (for carbon trade?) by environmentalists the founder had basically stated, if you want an Ice-Age all I need is a tanker full of plankton fertilizer to suck the CO2 from the atmosphere.

The residence time of methane in the atmosphere is quite short, so long term it is not really something that should be worried about as it will be broken down into CO2.

Common man, learn to science.

>Every atom of carbon combusted produces 3 atoms of C02.

No comment needed.

>ground core logs.

It is actually recorded in marine sediment logs and ice cores.

Fun fact, CO2 was declining over the last 35 million years. 15,000 years ago it got so low that ~95% of plants were struggling to fix carbon (C3 plants). Humans may have inadvertently saved nearly all plant life from extinction in the long term.

see: onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-8137.2010.03441.x/pdf

Bullshit, CO2 is not killing the planet. Check the level of new plant growth, it is climbing as a result. and it will not harm the life present. However the herbicides and pesticides being used will.

Forget your stupid bid to scare people with a non-existent CO2 problem and focus on that.

>15,000 years ago it got so low that ~95% of plants were struggling to fix carbon (C3 plants). Humans may have inadvertently saved nearly all plant life from extinction in the long term.

No we didn't.
The interglacial periods (ie natural warming during the Pleistocene) increases CO2 to 280ppm to 300ppm. It is only during ice ages when it dropped to 180ppm and this fixed itself several times. The preindustrial ppm was fine
Also CO2 is no longer the limit to plant growth, and hasn't been for many hundreds of years. Things like Nitrogen availability are more valuable.

Do you think it will be enough if the oceans temps and ph keep rising?
Or are the plankton able to handle the potential changes?

Just a shame they are deforesting the majority of the planet on top of it, it's pretty easy to manipulate data points.

Whoopdeedoo I got 1 word wrong, eat a bowl of dicks.

If its not a problem then why do they say we have to cut down on live stock production because they are one of the largest contributors to methane in the atmosphere?

Literally fake news. We know the earth is flat and the co2 scare mongering goes right out the window.

>Does not realise the last glacial period was only 15,000 - 20,000 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Glacial_Maximum

>that feel when gas-guzzling older Ford truck that gets 12 mpg on a good day on the highway
>that feel when 90% of my driving is city streets

Lol, I'm doing my part!

The only way to combat this imminent danger to us and our children is a unified global government based on humanitarian values.

Yes I know that, that is why there was 180ppm. Humans didn't end the LGM and therefore didn't 'save plant life' as the CO2 increased to 280ppm during preindustrial Holocene

>What do we do?
Obviously, the best thing to do, is to get millions of people from countries where they produce X amount of CO2 per capita and bring them in developed countries where they produce many times more CO2.

LARP showing charts from 2011

Good luck trying to reason with these fucking retards go to /sci.

So we get masks and watch niggers die from our sealed vaults?
sounds great

>CO2 levels would have to be around 60,000 PPM to induce death

There were eras in the earths Geological history where it was 2000ppm , hell even more than that at other times and life thrived

At the end of the day the carbon is leaving the soil and concentrating in the atmosphere. The company I work for has done expeditions for the gov in antarctica, plus we've drilled all over the world for things like this.

I don't really give a fuck what anyone thinks, I get to see the raw data with my own 2 eyes.

>If its not a problem then why do they say we have to cut down on live stock production because they are one of the largest contributors to methane in the atmosphere.

Because it does cause warming on a short term basis. The short term residence time means little if cows are there to continually fart it out.

However, it does mean we could counteract the effect of methane warming relatively quickly by reducing livestock production as levels in the atmosphere would quickly decline as they would not be replenished.

>Is this some new tactic of the Globalists?

No. It's actually one of the oldest.

Just a re-hashed version of the priest telling the rubes that the evil sky dragon is going to eat the sun (during an eclipse) and if they ever want it to come back they had best do whatever he says and give their "gods" lots of presents.

The priest class knows these things are just natural cycles and may have even learned to predict trends, but it doesn't even matter, so long as the rubes are sufficiently frightened to give them power and gifts.

Even at 1200ppm it will have no effect on human breathing. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a complete fuckwit. It will however make chlorophyll based life forms grow much quicker, and require less water.

>CO
You fucking idiot

Plankton evolve very quickly but the impact on them is very unpredictable.
for example more CO2 in the oceans causes acidification which is bad for plankton creating carbonate shells but might benefit fleshy plankton. However acidity fucks with Biological process by which iron is available as a nutrient, so the area of ocean where iron availability is the limiting factor to plankton growth will expand. I think there was a study showing plankton have declined 40% in the last century but this turned out to be wrong. Plankton might also benefit from increased coastal upwelling caused by warming temperatures bringing more nutrients to the surface but this could lead to an overabundance which could create more dead zones with no plankton

>Lrn to science fuckwit.

>hispanic intellectuals

THats a chart for Jenkem usage

>Fossil fuels will literally bring back the giant plants and dynosaurs
What a time to be alive.
Jurassic safari hunting niggers from your pet T-Rex

Look at the trend in CO2 over the last 2, 4, 10 and 35 Ma. It was a gradual decline over time. Without human interference the glacial cycles would have likely continued, with CO2 levels continuing to decline over the next few million years.

Have you ever worked in a greenhouse. It's fucking hot. That's the point of introducing C02 into grow rooms and greenhouses, they handle more heat with higher concentrations of C02 in the air lol

Good! This planet needs cleansing.

Cool thanks for the info

You're right hans. Although we're fucked too so I suggest using a more traditional method.

See? They even miss the point.

What are you going to do now? Put all your eggs on Tech? Good luck geo engineering a planet.

It's all because apes cut out the Amazon forests and Ratputin lets chinks cut Siberian forests.

We need to exterminate the gorillas, chinks and judokgb leftovers and suddenly all environmental threats will cease to exist

CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere don't have compounding effects. Once you introduce the first little bit, you get 90% of the resultant greenhouse effect. You can add ten times as much as the first amount and hardly see any increase at all.

I used to be on board with the global warming stuff, but at this point I'm getting more and more convinced that it doesn't have an anthropogenic cause. It looks to me like it's just natural ongoing processes and in any case isn't actually causing any harm. So far virtually none of the predictions have come true, meanwhile it's looking like NGO's and globalists were getting ready to slap "carbon taxes" on fucking everything. Probably even a "breathing air tax" on regular people.

J E N K E M
E
N
K
E
M

FUCKING DEATH YESSSSSSSSSS

Maybe you're right, I don't know, I was just talking about the last few thousand years. But earth has a lot of ways to release CO2, and as the sun naturally gets hotter and hotter this will increase radiative forcing which will trigger permafrost melt, ocean degassing etc which would surely eventually release more CO2.

Pic Related is the only solution thus far.

And that one failed. So..

We won't even have to send people to Mars. We can learn how to engineer space habitats here on Earth, and how to defend them from billions of wheezing have nots.

I'm just going to assume this has nothing to do with co2 and if it will hit it will have nothing to do with co2(how do you measure it anyway? for a regular person i mean, not some geezer with million dollar equipment) and we should kill the jews and the masons.

>We can
/
>We will
>Not

Biosphere 2 failed and as far as I know no one is working on a new one.

Sign Co2 emmision pact faggots. But alter it so every human has SAME amount of Co2 emission no matter if country is poor or faggot.

Oh hoho good plan. Canada likey!

OP is a faggot

>Normal CO2 Levels
>The effects of CO2 on adults at good health can be summarized to:
>normal outdoor level: 350 - 450 ppm
>acceptable levels: < 600 ppm
>complaints of stiffness and odors: 600 - 1000 ppm
>ASHRAE and OSHA standards: 1000 ppm
>general drowsiness: 1000 - 2500 ppm
>adverse health effects may be expected: 2500 - 5000 ppm
>maximum allowed concentration within a 8 hour working period: 5000 - 10000 ppm
>maximum allowed concentration within a 15 minute working period: 30000 ppm

>slightly intoxicating, breathing and pulse rate increase, nausea: 30000 - 40000 ppm
>above plus headaches and sight impairment: 50000 ppm
>unconscious, further exposure death: 100000 ppm

>But earth has a lot of ways to release CO2

Even Asteroid impacts i would imagine release a fair amount of CO2 alone i would imagine

So? Just tilt the planet over and let it run down to the other side for awhile. It's really NBD, you fags just make things way too complicated.

Depopulate the African and Asian continents, talking mostly China and India here. People complain about whites polluting the atmosphere and yet we have shit skins destroying the planet whilst multiplying 10x.

>Also CO2 is no longer the limit to plant growth,

But you can literally grow many types of plants in identical conditions, changing only CO2 concentration, and increase growth/yields by doing so.

>Every atom of carbon combusted produces 3 atoms of C02
Please die of embarrassment

>Every atom of carbon combusted produces 3 atoms of C02.
by magic, of course.

>"I'm CIA guys trust me"
>muh global warming
>Doom and gloom OP with no sources cited
>1 post by this ID, thread's been up for an hour

obvious slide thread

Kike Detected

>1=3
the absolute state of leftist "science"

>Every atom of carbon produces 3 atoms of CO2

Nigger no

checked and curious

Carbon MONoxide poisoning. Your filename even says so.

I think you work on the drilling rig, not the sample analysis.

yet another illustration that muditerranigs are not White

Reminder:

All the bullshit about CO2 is related to depopulation and deindustrialisation of west

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2017GL075981/abstract

sure but overall, nitrogen is now more important as a limiting factor.

Do we have the technology to build enough scrubbers to keep the air breathable?

>What do we do?

leme guess... give sheckels... right?

Has someone shown this to Hitler? It could work.

>should we plant more trees?
>nah, lets just make a movie about it

>OP is a what?!
OP is a faggot.

This. Sadly.

>da ebil gubernment which a maself voted tries to trick me into making the air cleaner
>i'm gunna have non of that

It would be me a pleasure to see every last one of you retarded american mongrels choke in your own CO2 output.

>problematic
SJW nigger ided

Jesus Christ you people are dumb

I agree completely. Except kill the gorillas and coal burner roasties too.

The heat in a botanical greenhouse is trapped by the glass, not the co2, you buffoon.
Plants grow using co2 from the air, and trace nutrients form the soil. The structure of a plant is mostly carbon. More co2 = more plant.

Atmospheric "greenhouse" is the effect of re-radiated heat from the earths surface- long-wave infrared being absorbed by co2 molecules at specific wavelengths.

also 800 ppm when?

It failed because the people running it were retards

More co2 = more trees. We're fine.

Bullshit. CO2 isn't toxic until it hits 20,000-30,000 ppmv.

youtube.com/watch?v=nJUhrp3_xH4
youtube.com/watch?v=al5SZnjZzgw

>Good luck geo-engineering a planet
According to you, we are already geo-engineering a planet..?

>Miss the point
That you were misrepresenting co as co2? That you don't need any evidence to push your claims?