I find myself unable to enjoy any art after watching evangelion. Everything seems so pointless and like a waste of time...

I find myself unable to enjoy any art after watching evangelion. Everything seems so pointless and like a waste of time. I'm constantly rewinding every show I watch, and I feel that Eva is probably the reason why.

I'm constantly stressed, I used to feel like my escapism was worthwhile and had just as much point to it as social aspiration, but eva proved me wrong. It makes me feel like I'm constantly wasting my time making what I used to enjoy impossible.

bump

Nice blog.

I'm asking for help, you malignant shitposter
how do you balance art and reality? i keep falling off on either side

Rebel against anything and everything you stand for and make something of your life. Build something! Escape into the wild with your car and a tarp and live off the land for a while! Don't fuck around! Just fuckin do something!

What if the "make something of my life" is to be some kind of writer? I think consuming narratives of all varieties would be helpful in that, but then I started realizing that it was just another form of escapism thanks to op pic

Kill yourself. It is the only way.

I'm seriously thinking about it, it's bar none the most rational option. I slid out of the LCL, but have no idea what to do from here.

Art, always favor art. We wouldn't have art in the first place if reality were worth a shit.

Technically everything is Escapism. Writing things usually helps yourself understand what you're going through. Escapism isn't an issue, Escapism isn't an inherently bad thing. Escapists usually are some of the nicest people in the world. But cannot process why they stay in the same spot.
I can't tell you not to because quite simply, I'm not sure if it will or if it won't, I've had 4 years of psychology and i've seen met so many people that have commited suicides days later. I can't tell anyone false info anymore. I'm not sure if death solves it, But it will remain an option until satisfaction. Charyou Tree.

The whole point of eva is an excellent refutation of this idea tho

If we retreat back into escapism like Shinji did, we end up unsatisfied because if you emotionally escape from reality, you cannot know yourself or others, nor feel genuine emotions about anyone.

>I'm not sure if death solves it
It's pretty obvious that it does.

Consume art to better understand yourself and your purpose, but do not let it be an end unto itself. Do what you can to change the world while you can, for good or for bad, and pray each day for a mercy killing.

Are you completely and utterly sure you aren't just escaping life again?

>Charyou Tree
not sure what you mean

>Technically everything is Escapism. Writing things usually helps yourself understand what you're going through. Escapism isn't an issue, Escapism isn't an inherently bad thing. Escapists usually are some of the nicest people in the world. But cannot process why they stay in the same spot.

I know escapism isn't a bad thing, but after I stopped trying to escape and was brought back into reality, I'm socially anxious and unable to enjoy art in any capacity. I'm also capable of feeling, which is a plus compared to my past near-sociopathy due to complete emotional isolation in the arts, however I prefer that depressing apathy to the constant anxiety eva brought me. I have no idea whether it's my favorite show or my least, all I know is that it was the most effective artistic product I've ever experienced.

wasn't me (OP)

I'm absolutely sure that you can escape life all at once and then it's solved forever.

then why haven't you done it?
(serious question)

Charyou Tree is just some half baked term from a Stephen King book for relief in death by fire.

Listen, Art is what you make of it, If you don't enjoy it at the moment. You may like it in the future, Everyone has a different experience with Eva, I got really fucking lonely and gradually started going insane from not seeing anyone for a month and literally living off C rations and mice because I was almost sure that everyone outside would die in a disgusting manner the moment I looked at them, I wanted to do stuff. I just got held back by my own moral limits. Depression can be cured, Tastes change, But your moral character will and can never change. Be yourself, Talk to people yourself. Don't try to imitate what you view, Try to adapt from it and change in a better way.

Well, If you escape life and all of it at once you won't be at peace because you left your conscious and soul behind.

No rest from problems that don't exist.

What are you? Kaworu? Because there's nothing after and something here and I still might be happy to have survived eventually.

Make your own art then. Not even kidding.

Get some taste, OP.

Watch something other than anime

I do, constantly. Film, comics, lit, etc.
I don't know enough about it technically do to do so yet. That's the endgoal tho

What the fuck is this babbys first existential crisis garbage thread doing in Sup Forums?

ive had like 8 existential crises ty very much, this one was caused by an anime