Anime movies

So I've just seen Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, apart from the stunning animation I found it to be rather lacking, I mean, it kept me entertained for 2 hours but I didn't care at all for the characters, I found Nausicaä to be a little annoying with all her bullshit about the disgusting as fuck bugs and how she was so perfect(all characters saying how wonderful she is and such), when she was at the inner part of the forest with the guy she acted borderline autistic.

Also I found the end to be complete bullshit, she died but LOLRAPETENTACLEMAGIC and then no problem.

6/10 for the stunning animation and being enjoyable.

I was so surprised when I saw reviews saying this movie was a masterpiece and a 10/10, maybe this is just me not being keen on Ghibli movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R62eyWnKquk&t=19s
youtube.com/watch?v=i_g8y4ZgPeQ
exhentai.org/g/573350/973dcf29a2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

okay

36 people found this review helpful

ᵖᵉʳᵐᵃᶫᶦᶰᵏ | ʳᵉᵖᵒʳᵗ

I just want to discuss the movie and other movies that anons may have watched.

Oh okay, fair enough.

I watched Die Hard yesterday.

What did you think of the footservice?

Good for you man, now go back to your GuP thread to discuss about "war tactics" while posting moeblobs drinking tea on a tank.

I dropped GuP after the first episode.

Not into feet, sorry.

Nausicaa is a masterpiece of animation and post-apocalyptic fantasy, senpai.

But I'll forget about it next week.

That's because I don't care about anyone in that movie.

generals are cancer

Ghibli movies are rated 10/10 by people who don't like anime and are similar to Oscar-bait in that they appeal to critics who want a deeper meaning in the movie. That being said, they're not amazing movies. They're good, just not mind blowing.

Miyazaki movies always have the following, save for a few odd exceptions:

>female protagonist
>male sidekick
>moral of the story is save the environment and/or be nice to your family
>flying is somehow involved
>violence never is the answer and is portrayed as unnecessary and evil

All Ghibli movies in general are fantastic for their visuals, but Miyazaki's stuff gets horribly repetitive in terms of plot. You'd be far better of with stuff like Ghost in the Shell (1995), Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Memories, or so on if you want fancy visuals and a decent story.

I found Nausicaa to be a memorable character, even if just because of her character design, backstory and theme alone.
youtube.com/watch?v=R62eyWnKquk&t=19s
youtube.com/watch?v=i_g8y4ZgPeQ

This is the best thing to come of Nausicaa: exhentai.org/g/573350/973dcf29a2/

couldn't get in, just post it here

I agree, I've seen all of them and love every one.

Satoshi Kon was a far better director for anime movies.

I still have to watch Tokyo Godfathers though, the premise doesn't amuse me but I'll give it a try.

I noticed you didn't say Paprika, and I found that one to be the same as the Ghibli films and even got me bored. Stunning visuals though.

Sorry dude but you are too new.

I didn't mention a bunch of other stuff like Boy and the Beast, The Girl who leapt through Time, Wolf Children, Redline, and so on too. It's mostly up to personal taste and opinion. The fact remains though is that Miyazaki is fucking overrated. The art and music are great, but everything else sucks. I personally think that the other Ghibli movies like When Marnie was There was far better than Miyazaki's stuff.

I just downloaded Spriggan, what am I in for?

I watched they were 11. 70s space shoujo is suprisingly just like star trek. Reminded me of an Agatha Christie story. Very solid visual package with interesting themes about gender and team work. Good SF 8.5/10.

Great fights and action

I downloaded it because I remember seeing a scene long time ago and was really interested by it.

I don't want a masterpiece, something like King of Thorn would be good.

Everyone says the manga was much better since the film was finished long before the manga was. Don't know though, never read it.

All in all with the designs and nostalgia value for me Nausicaa is one of my favorite anime movies.

Should I watch this?

I started reading the manga before watching the movie (for whatever reason, I decided to watch the movie about 75% through the manga), and I was severely disappointed.
The manga was fantastic, the world, the characters, the little details, loved it all. And then I watch the movie, and it lacks almost all of what I enjoyed about the manga, barely shows characters of interest, and ends so quickly.
Did it look nice? Sure, but it's a real let down after reading the manga.

It's fucking Ghibli, you are supposed to finish them before even posting on Sup Forums.

I haven't watched any Ghibli stuff.

Do it now fag.

W-what, all of them?

You can watch other shit in between, also watch the popular stuff first and then proceed to the more Sup Forums core ones.

Why don't more people realize how much of an A1-Level Waifu Nausicaa is

The manga ruined the film for me; I used to like it when I was younger. It feels really empty now.

Maybe it feels rushed to you.