Looking back was it really THAT bad?

Looking back was it really THAT bad?

It wasn't honestly. The SAO arc was watchable, elfheim was shit, GGO was fun, elfheim part 2 was even worse than shit

Overall a solid 4.5-5/10

Two years of glop.

pushing average

yes

At first I thought it was average
Then I thought it was bad when elf arc happened
Then I thought it was average when Mother's Rosario happened
Then I came to Sup Forums and everyone said it was shit so it went to bad
Then I watched digibro and now I hate it with passion

It was alright

He has a very strong affection for the word asinine, doesn't he?

I was excited about watching kirito work up from lvl 1 to a badass, so the time skip in the second episode was when I started hating it. Enjoyed the mother's rosario arc, due to asuna.

Is SAO the first show to actually have a character get real AIDs and actually die

It was alright when it was actually in Sword Art Online. Hell, Kirito and Asuna's relationship was pretty well done.

Then she turned into some tard's coma rape slut and it went downhill at lightspeed.

Seriously what's with this series and rape?

First arc was mediocre; too much garbage like the Lizbeth and Silica episodes and the ghost stories, not enough Gleam Eyes style things. Hell even that prototype for SAO's rapey villains (Kuradeel) would be a better mediocre episode.

Second arc is terrible and only fun ironically just for the "for what purpose" brand sillyness. Would probably suck less as a movie arc style "real" ending.

Gun Gale was kinda legit. Did not enjoy 2.5 episodes of PTSD and Sinon's fat ass.

The low stakes Norse Camelot was okay.

Mother's Rosario is the SAO can go to "unironically passable". AIDS-chan is cute.

Overall I don't hate it but its still objectively really bad.

Nah, it's good. Looking forward to season 3.

>AIDS
Is this real or am I cruisin' for a rusin'?

>digibro
>actually watching that ponyfucker

2 YEARS

when it comes to webnovel adaptions it's pretty average

when it comes anime in general, well, you kinda got what you came for. Don't read webnovels and watch webnovel adaptions if you don't like Gary Stus.

though if you like an MMO series were the character has to fight his way through it and not get an OP build there's this series (still Gary Stu though).

It really was.
I really don't understand what people bought the novels for.
If it's the waifus they liked, then they fell in love with the character designs, not the characters themselves. So essentially they bought the LN for the drawings.

Despite it's technical flaws I find it really enjoyable.

No ruse

no ruse
best girl died from it at the end of s2

no, it just requires that the viewer have more than one brain cell to rub together when watching, something the majority of Sup Forums lacks, as such the majority of Sup Forums thinks the series is shit

So you just admitted that you have single digit brain cells which is why you failed to see how shitty it is.

SAO arc is a solid 8/10, rest is like 7/10. It's overrated sure, but it's better then most shit if you try watch it for what it is instead of what you want it to be.

How do you get fucking AIDS in CURRENT YEAR? There's medicine, even if you contract HIV you can live to like 60 before it becomes full-blown.

mom got blood drawn with a contaminated needle. had kids before she knew, by then it was too late

Wouldn't she die super early if she got AIDS as a baby?

she's spent most of her life in an ultra-sterile room at a specialized hospital, with early death a foregone conclusion she volunteered to test the medicuboid, a more advanced full-dive tech built for medical uses, including treatment and hospice care for terminally ill patients

it gave her freedom to at least live a virtual life when her condition prevented her from ever leaving the clean room

That's...surprisingly not retarded.

I pretty much agree with your assessment except in the ranking - I give it a 7/10

Flavor of the month anime that for some inexplicable reason Sup Forums hates religously, despite at the same time loving other flavor of the month anime like KlK and SnK.

Sup Forums hates those also. They're just contained faggotry.

It had potential for exploring themes of escapism and fantasy via virtual reality, which sound like a pretty good base, especially now with the VR boom in the gaming industry. But Reki Kawahara is a has little grasp on how to make compelling characters or story, and has no idea how to write an MMO seting. But he's really good at appealing to the teenage demographic, with SAO's ridiculous amount of wish fulfillment.

Just watch Log Horizon if you want an MMO setting done justice.

But S2 sucked.

If Kill la Kill is flavor of the month then why am I still heartbroken that I'll never see my husbando again?

What did you think sucked about it?

7 seems pretty high if you agree with his assessment?

It's because it's become ridiculously popular despite all of it's problems and started a whole wave of shitty wish-fullfilment LN adaptations as well as anime with game-like settings.

hopefully SAO meets the same fate

>4 cours
>2 movies
>huge main novel series
>more spinoffs than you can count

>flavor of the month
i wish it was as throwaway as something like that, but nooooo
sao is here to stay and there will always be fags who like it because it's popular and mainstream as fuck

You're using video game ratings and it's dumb.
5 is typically considered "mediocre" on a scale of 10. 6 is above average yet heavily flawed. 7 is a good all around experience with few flaws. 8 and 9 are excellent, while a true 10/10 should be reserved for a historical achievement in the medium.

1-4 are reserved for titles that are genuinely unpleasant to watch.

It was great compared to other isekai crap like overlord and re:zero. In before hipsters bawwwwwwwwww

i still have it up to episode 14 i refuse to watch further

yes. they wrote off Sinon after one arc