In Japan, are there anime critics like we have film and television critics in America? Like...

In Japan, are there anime critics like we have film and television critics in America? Like, is there a Roger Ebert of Japan? I want to watch the most critically acclaimed anime.

You have to go back,

See, I want to get into anime, but I don't want to waste my time with pleb stuff. I want to watch the greats, but I don't know how to find out which anime is worth watching.

Don't ever admit to being new again you're just inviting autists to shit on you

People clown on the site a lot because of its community but MAL will help you find starting points and figure out what you like and don't like

Nice dubs, Sup Forumsermin.

Go to hell.

Just fuck off

ewww

If you want recommendations you should create a thread on . Lurk for 2 years before posting.

There aren't really any "greats" or "pleb stuffs" in anime. It has few of the same constraints that live action has, and most of the flexibility of book writing. Americans do nothing to really capitalize on this (particularly when it comes to adult cartoons), but the Japs have grown a truly beautiful animation industry. The only anime that's really not worth your time isn't common. SAO and DBZ are the only two I can think of. These have been designed for special needs kids in Japan and America respectively.

If you're new, the best thing you can do is watch a wide variety of whatever's on. Drifters for action, Flip Flappers for surrealism, Konosuba for comedy, Blue Exorcist for shounen, Erased for feels, and Re: Zero for horror.

If literally none of those appeal to you, just watch some Miyazaki films and Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju. It'll be enough to tell your friends you're into anime without actually liking anime.

Matsuko DX

If you wanna watch the most critically acclaimed anime just watch Lucky Star.

he looks like a grandma

Digibro is the Roger Ebert of anime

Digibro's primary complaint about Asuna x Kirito is that it's "chauvinist."
Digibro's a retard. Mother's Basement is where it's at.

Go back to Sup Forums with your MRA redpill garbage

Takeing one persons advise rather than watching based off of an accumulated numerical value put together by the entire anime watching community as a whole
Use MAL

>spooning

you deserve a ban.

you and OP bothneed to go back to whatever shithole you came from or actually lurk for 2 years before posting like you're supposed to

kys

mother's basement has retard tier vidya knowledge and hangs out with cringe inducing youtubers so I will pass

>MRA redpill
Don't use words you don't understand, you slack-jawed retard.
>Oh my god. Kirito beat a fucking stalker off of some girl he likes. This could've been an opportunity to show how strong she is and blah-blah-blah.
Intellectual garbage. A politically-drenched criticism motivated by no standard but the midget's own biases.

This is not a recommendation thread.

>blatantly advertising yourself like that

It's 4 in the morning. Not like he's sliding anything.
Do you want an anime critic, or a fucking all-purpose opinion machine that can think for you?

The only thing I know about his vidya knowledge is that he thinks Trails in the Sky is a better rpg than Skyrim and SAO would be a horrible game to actually play.
I agree.

>Erased for feels, and Re: Zero for horror

>The only thing I know about his vidya knowledge is that he thinks Trails in the Sky is a better rpg than Skyrim
That's not exactly a hard thing to accomplish though.

>It's not a rec thread, I swear guys

>its ok because it's 4am in burgerville

Dubs

>2013
LMAO get off the PC old fart

>its ok because it's 4am in burgerville
No one cares about kiwis or kangaroo cunts. Fuck off.

fucking report and hide and jesus learn to fucking sage

In Japan, they don't have any critics. If you express an opinion, your parents have to apologize to the Emperor.

skipping the "pleb stuff" and going straight for only the most acclaimed works in each genre is retarded, that's how you get Sup Forums who not only post the same small handful things over and over again but have no understanding of the context behind them
and if you're not a literal baby, critics aren't for discovery, they're mainly for offering a perspective. you could get the same from this board because there's no real threshold or qualification for being a "professional" critic anyways, it's just a job for hacks who never got to be real artists

>personal opinions in the Robot Collective of Japan
They don't exist, baka gaijin

Lol, fucking explain Miyazaki then.
The cunt has gotten into trouble with the government before, and constantly bashes the literal fuck out of anime that has undertones that are sympathetic towards Japanese imperialism.

fuck off digibro your taste is mediocre

Government plant by the robotic imperial collective to weed out humans and their emotional egos.

>anime reviews
>>>/reddit/
>>>/mal/
>>>/crunchy/
>>>/anywherebuthere/

unexamined anime is not worth animating

Is this some sort of advanced bait or pasta?

Fuck reviewers and fuck you.

But Roger Ebert had shit taste...