Rossiu was right

Rossiu was right.
He was a sane man in an insane world, there was no changing the fact that humanity was doomed, there was no way he could put his faith to "spiral power" when Lordgenome is proof that it had failed against the Anti-Spiral before.

The only thing he could do was keep the peace, maintain public order.

Other urls found in this thread:

writing.colostate.edu/guides/page.cfm?pageid=1080&guideid=53
youtube.com/watch?v=VIiX4TL2_vg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And get best girl kill

Fuck Soda Sr

>Rossiu was right.
No, he wasn't.

>He was a sane man in an insane world,
Failing to accept the physical laws of your universe is illogical. It's unscientific. In everyday life, it's called insanity.
Rossiu was the insane one.

except spiral power defies all scientific and physical rules ( at least as far as the humans were concerned, im sure the anti spirals has some equation that could explain it)

>except spiral power defies all scientific and physical rules
No, it does not.
It only defies the scientific and physical rules of OUR universe, and Rossiu's insanity was trying to adhere to rules that didn't apply to his universe.
The gunmen were built by people who understood spiral power.

Having faith in spiral power is insane, what Simon did when the Anti-Spiral first came to Earth was insane, Simon had no information whatsoever about the enemies and recklessly fought them anyway and Rossiu already warned him that Simon taking action will only increase public unrest.

There was no winning against the Anti-Spiral, that is the sane, logical conclusion, the only thing that could be done was to convince the public that peace will be kept, to assure them.

You have no idea what logic means.

Based on the information that was available then, it was logical.
Lordgenome already told the story that Spiral Warriors lost against the Anti-Spiral and that was when Spiral Warriors weren't just humans but from different planets.

Keeping the peace is much more important, it's something realistic, something much more manageable than going against the universe-conquering Anti-Spiral.

>Based on the information that was available then, it was logical.
No.
A logical conclusion is not the same as a reasonable or a sound conclusion.
A logical conclusion is the only possible conclusion. And that, it was absolutely not.

I am not saying Simon was sane by the way. His blind trust in spiral power could easily have killed everybody.

That arc was a waste of time, desu. We get it, kick reason to the curb and just shout and scream and instawin. Rossiu gets shit for doing the right thing in his own stupid way while Simon essentially got a bunch of his pals killed to save his girlfriend who died anyway. But it was so awesome.

Doesn't matter, boring Rossiu becomes very important person with hot gf while exciting Simon becomes useless foreveralone hobo. Good lesson.

>A logical conclusion is not the same as a reasonable or a sound conclusion.
The fuck are you on?
>log·i·cal
>adjective
>of or according to the rules of logic or formal argument.
>(of an action, development, decision, etc.) natural or sensible given the circumstances.
>"it is a logical progression from the job before"
>synonyms: natural, reasonable, sensible, understandable;

>according to the rules of logic or formal argument.
>writing.colostate.edu/guides/page.cfm?pageid=1080&guideid=53
Logic is like mathematics, or rather, mathematics is logic with numbers.

>>(of an action, development, decision, etc.) natural or sensible given the circumstances.
This is an unfortunate development of language. People are misusing the word logic and it leads to a watering down of the the definition.

It's a valid, currently accepted definition, why are you arguing semantics when you already know what message I am trying to convey? Call it reasonable, whatever.

>why are you arguing semantics when you already know what message I am trying to convey?
Because by the main topic of this thread, we are discussing the sensibility of staking all of humanity on the conclusion you are drawing. Calling the process of deduction logical when it is clearly not takes blame off of Rossiu's shoulders that definitely belongs on those shoulders.
He didn't do the research.
He just assumed. And he assumed wrong.

His assumption is not baseless, he, a politician, was faced with an enemy of unimaginable might, so he made the only decision there is to make, rather than fight the Anti-Spiral(which Lordgenome has already explained had been done before and lost), he pinned the blame on Simon so the people's dissatisfaction would be sated.

Humanity was going to be killed by the Anti-Spiral, that is something beyond Rossiu's power, the public can be convinced that their peaceful days can return, that is something that's possible for Rossiu.

To paraphrase Gotoh from Patlabor Movie 2: "A fake peace is preferable to war."

>Rossiu gets shit for doing the right thing in his own stupid way while Simon essentially got a bunch of his pals killed to save his girlfriend who died anyway.
What? If anything Rossiu almost got the entire Earth killed and Simon saved them all

Reminder to "Rossiu is the rational one fag" HE THOUGHT ANTISPIRALS WOULD LET HIM FUCK OFF THE EARTH FOR A YEAR AND COME BACK SO HE GOT RID OF THEIR STRONGEST MECHS/PILOTS

That's what I said: waste of time. It was going to be dealt with more screaming and shouting, so the "hard decision" angle was ultimately pointless.

Hence Rossiu is the only sane man in an insane world.

No, because he didnt make a hard rational decision, only a very stupid one that threw everything on the ground. He fucked up no matter the standpoint.

Regardless of Simon and his mech, everyone would have died 5 fucking minutes after going into space.

If he was a sane man in an insane world, then he was insane because he was against the rules in his own universe.

So basically you're saying that it was wrong to save mankind and that everyone should just lay down and die to the Anti-Spirals.

Ok.

>actually trying to analyze TTGL

You faggots missed the point of the show.

No he was a faggot ho betrayed the person that saved him in the frist place.

No you fucking idiot.

Logic and the illogical should have worked together. Rossiu and Simon should have worked together to stop the moon.

This is noted in the ending where Rossiu is actually the the president of the galaxy and carrying on Simon's legacy.

Even if he was he coud have not been a total dick about it.

this
youtube.com/watch?v=VIiX4TL2_vg
It blows my mind that some people on /a still haven't seen this video.

>an enemy of unimaginable might
And rather than support what incredibly successful military he had, he dismantled and replaced it with a military that did not rely on an exponential growth factor.

His assumption was not entirely baseless. But for the weight of his responsibility, it was lacking in evidence.

>that is something beyond Rossiu's power,
But it might not be beyond the power of a man who has a history of growing stronger during every battle to just about the strength required to win the fight.

>A fake peace
Was something he was never going to get. At best he could sacrifice a good deal of humanity and hope that the "enemy of unimaginable might" had no space combat capabilities, despite coming from space.

I don't see why I should watch it.

>Youtube faggotry
Can I report this post?

I don't think so, but you can point at the faggot and call him a faggot.

What he wanted to do wasn't wrong in and of itself. It's HOW to did it that was wrong and very very stupid.

You can but the mods don't even ban rec threads anymore so nothing will happen. Still makes him a faggot though.

>Youtube is inherently bad and there can never be anything good on an open system.

>Some random cretin saying shit
>good

By that logic nothing you ever hear can be good.

So do Bees.
Their tiny wings should not be enough to get their fat bodies off the ground

The thumbnail alone is like a case study in pic related. Anime discussions on youtube are also unanimously garbage and juvenile.

Bruce Ironstaunch would disagree with your statement OP

I'll give you that. The thumbnail and intro is cringey as hell.

>It's a character was right because they were the most rational by in real life standards episode
Rossiu was wrong because he was trying to govern a city using cold logic in a world where irrational emotion literally translated into limitless quantities of god energy and where even one missed community hiding out on another continent somewhere would have alerted an ancient space god to blow up the Earth.

Actually they figured out how bees fly decades ago.

>rossiu apologists