Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Battle City continues in volume 21.

Chapter 179

BULLSHIT

Also, Joey should really look up the rules to this game, holy shit.

Chapter 180

oh yeah
A Legendary Ocean + Tornado Wall was a pretty cool defense back then

Chapter 181

Back to right to left?

Looks like it

So his backstory was anime thing only?

>air bubbles
>monster position being hidden outside of the field
>shrapnel

Does Mako just bullshit new rules every time he duels someone? Holy shit.

Chapter 182

its good to know that theres still some degree of bullshit on these games, even after DK.

i mean, how in the seven fucks does the Fisherman tactic even work in real life?

>i can't believe he can do that

oh come on! you have been doing worse bull shit this entire duel.

or what, do you think you are the only one allowed to make up shit like that?

officially, you should have been disqualified from this fucking tournament already!

what the actual fuck

I don't understand how these moves even work. How does the Duel Disk know to not take 50 LP from Joey? Does it just sense the incoming bullshit?

I get it now. Duel Monsters is a game to see who can bullshit new rules the best.

Bakura was carrying a knife this whole time without knowing.

that would be cool, just like DD&MD from gravity falls!

They went full DK 'rules' here...

This sick fuck just cut himself.

>Joey has better cards than Yugi

Really makes you think.

Chapter 183

>Joey doe shave spell/trap removal
>people still shit on him
yeah fuck them
also, Trunade has been banned for like 10 years, wat the fuck

I wasn't expecting these feels until the end on the manga

See

What a sly cunt

I seem to recall they bet two rare cards on this duel, and Mako anted up Fortress Whale and Leviathan.

But now he's all "Uh, here's this super sentimental common card I have instead."

I see your game, Mako.

How does no one notice this?

well, at least joey can use the water hiding bullshit strategy too, right?

Does he have a portable orca tank?

If he had the Umi field card. But that would meat he wouldn't be able to play his warriors or whatever.

Does he ever even use these cards he's getting? What about in anime filler at least?

Well, he still got Fortress Whale.

>get their asses kicked by Bakura
>get robbed
>try to get their stuff back
>get their asses kicked by Joey

Being these guys is suffering.

Shouldn't he have 8 puzzle cards now?

I'm pretty sure he makes use of jinzo. Maybe insect queen in that orichalcos arc

He got the fortress whale though. He just got the Fisherman instead of Leviathan. Ryota probably used the "common value" of the Fisherman to his advantage and anti'd the Whale and Leviathan instead when in reality to him, the Fisherman was more valuable than either. But then he realized later he didn't need to be dependent on that card.

In the anime he uses Jinzo, Insect Queen, and Legendary Fisherman. He doesn't use Fortress Whale because he doesn't have the Ritual.

In the manga, I think he only uses Jinzo.

seriously that was so stupid, good thing the anime fixed that.

you only need 6 cards to qualify, he won 1 on his first battle with Roba, 2 against weevil, and other 2 against mako.

>Your Panther's probably ot internal injuries from the Whale spin!

What the actual fuck is going on in this duel?

Ah, I thought they wagered 4 for some reason.

Internal bleeding is a serious matter, son.

Chapter 184

Just grin and appreciate the bullshit. Not everything has to make sense.

not him, but, i dunno, some sense would be really appreciated you know?

this must have been the most bullshit battle in the tournament, screwing rules left and right.

wasnt this torunament supposed to follow the card game more closely to real life?

He does find his dad, right? RIGHT?

Ok, is Bakura Zorc himself or is he the thief Bakura? Because I feel Zorc should know all about the God cards and the carvings on Marik's back

>Fusion monsters cant attack on the turn they are summoned

>wasnt this torunament supposed to follow the card game more closely to real life?

The card game wasn't even made at this point in the story. The first set got released around the time of the BC finals.

Marik is the sexiest character in all Yugioh universe. I would let him fuck me all night long, if you catch my drift.

99% sure Bakura is Zorc. Thief Bakura was just an ancestor.

Someone posted about clean scans for GX, and 5D's, any got links?