Not looking forward to GioGio's Bizarre Adventure

Of course I'll watch it but I'm really not excited. Not going to anticipate it every Friday like I have past parts. Feel the same way about part 6. Are we just fucked until Steel Ball Run? We have to wade through the shit that is Vento Aureo and Stone Ocean before another good arc? What if they want to put some spacing between the anime and manga to allow JoJoLion time to finish/part 9 to get started and we get some spinoffs with Rohan or Dead Man's Question or a filler arc? What would a JoJo filler be like and could David handle it? Idk man, but it keeps me up at night.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3MCDe_d10Vw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you're retarded. part 5 is great, only part 6 is shit.

>I'm really not excited.
Why not?

>Hating on one of the best JoJo's parts
Heaven forbid Giorno actually have a longer non-interrupted beatdown on some clown than ANY other JoJo's

>Not a legitimate JoJo
>Ruins Polnareff
>Jotaro pusses out and just fucks off

>Muh arrow
We already covered this

>Dio's son, but the plot does fuck all exploring this topic and isn't really revolved in any way

>Not a legitimate Jojo
That is not a legitimate critism and you know it. Besides he technically is a Jojo through Jonathan's body.
>Ruins Polnareff
How?
>Jotaro pusses out
I don't see that as a problem. He can't save the day every time.
>muh arrow
We only saw one Requiem stand. Doesn't part 5 also explain the origins of stands too?
>Dio's son, but the plot does fuck all exploring this topic and isn't really revolved in any way
I'll give you that one

Part 6 is my personal favorite, but part 5 is pretty much objectively the worst one.
Bucciarati is great and many of the stands are good, but overall the story and characters are awful.

Low quality bait.

He's right though

No you're not

Why do people hate 5 and 6 so much? They're great if you actually take your ti e and don't read them in a couple of days.

The English fan base has always been complete garbage and reads the series just to say they've read it or to get to SBR because some idiot told them it was a flawless work of art or something.

people watch the anime, then want to continue, and reddit tells them to speedread to get to part 7, "the best one" (SBR is great but really overhyped by people) so they blaze through 5 & 6 in anticipation of SBR without appreciating the fights and characters for how good they are

Steel Ball Run isn't going to be animated and 5 and 6 are fine if you don't rush through them like an idiot and miss out on all the subtext.

Just got to Part 4 with Rohan, where the OP changes.

This one is so shit, jesus christ.

How long until it changes into the kira one?

This pretty much. Honestly I think it's a huge disservice to Araki when people condemn an entire Part as being garbage and they ignore all his growth as a writer in each Part since he objectively improves with every passing year.

Oh my fucking god it sounds and looks like a fucking naruto opener

Chase is far and away the "least jojo" of all the openings, I know they were trying to show a change in tone but I don't think it worked well

It would have been better if it kicked in after Shigechi's death but wouldn't work with cour pacing so as it is it just feels forced and it's already been around long enough by the time Shigechi's death happens that it loses it's impact.

Part 5 has its issues, but it has a lot of great stuff in it.

I prefer Part 6 because of how many times it caught me off guard

VA anime adaptation in 2018?

>araki writes himself into a corner with king crimson
>lol gold experience requiem

if the rest of jojo was gold, part 5 is only silver

still valuable and good, but not close to the rest

King Crimson was written that way on purpose though, whether you like the way he came up with to beat it is another thing entirely. And that's discounting all the other great stuff in the Part.

Spoken like a true weeb

why does everyone want Araki to do something with that

honestly, i'd be pissed as shit if they gave us some subplot about him being Dio's son. 3 of the parts already involve some major connection with Dio. I don't feel like seeing it again. I stopped giving a shit about Dio after Jotaro punched his bad leg. Giorno worrying at all about his father goes against the point of his character - that he carves his own path and doesn't let the past affect him moving forward.

But whoever got the arrow would have one. By the time the arrow was obtained the victor was decided, if Diavolo had gotten the arrow he would have just gotten King Crimson Requiem, which would have been the same.
It fits that part of the series, and the OP grows on you. I agree it's the worst part 4 one, but it fits that section of the anime/manga and is honestly not too bad. The lyrics fit perfectly as well.

>Giorno worrying at all about his father goes against the point of his character - that he carves his own path and doesn't let the past affect him moving forward.
My nig

He's right, you idiot. Not even a Jojofag and I see that shit all the time.

Hell, in his introduction they say that he would've ended up a thieving asshole that hates everybody just like his dad and grandpa, and that the gangster was fate intervening. Now Giorno has a role model, someone he can look up to and strive to become.

Gotta be honest, I don't understand the complaints about Part 5's 'characters'. I felt like they were arguably the most fleshed out and developed characters since basically the beginning of the series (although I'll definitely admit Giorno has his problems). Abbacchio, Narancia, Mista, Bruno...they all have some great interactions and dialogue that give insight into their motivations as well as their frustrations from their past. Even Trish somehow manages to be a better written character than Kakyoin, Avdol and Caesar despite having 1/6th of their screentime. On top of that they were all a lot of fun. Not quite as goofy and enjoyable as say, Part 4's cast, but about on par with Part 3. You could complain about the anticlimactic ending or the weaker, less impactful (hell some people even call it fucking filler) plot, but the characters as a whole? I don't really get that one.

I liked part 5's cast more than 4's

>Giorno worrying at all about his father goes against the point of his character - that he carves his own path and doesn't let the past affect him moving forward.
I'm glad at least someone here gets it. That's fucking point of the arc. Giorno has forsaken even his birth name, he doesn't give a shit about his legacy.

>Polnareff gets arrow
>dies
>Diavolo gets arrow
>dies forever
>Giorno gets arrow
>gets the strongest stand with 0 drawbacks

part 5 has one of the best middle sections of the manga

the beginning and ending are weaker than other parts though

Stone Ocean is flat out one of the better parts apart from a few of the stand encounters in the middle.

Do you even remember the last part? I know it's got awful scanlations, but still.

I thought this thread was about how p4's anime was mediocre.

The first two parts were incredible, but during the second season of stardust crusaders it had lost this spirit of jojoness.
I mean even the fight against D I O was just cool, when it was supposed to be amazing.

TLDR anime is disappointing and super cheap, not thanking david prod for giving us an anime.

Part 5's cast is the best handled one by miles.
Hell, even Fugo, who got the SHAFT, was entertaining during his stay.

>abbacchio
Must be uncomfortable to have nuts that big.

please have your will become zero sir

>>Dio's son, but the plot does fuck all exploring this topic and isn't really revolved in any way

because he wants to get rid of DIO
part one he create the character
part two he write the shittiest part
part three he use DIO again because fans love him and he don't want the manga to stop
part four and five he is still involve him in the story
part six he is still there and he reboot the fucking universe to restart the manga on fresh basis
part seven he rewrite part one but better and completly get rid of DIO
part eight he is free

>Wanting more Dio
You're literally retarded.

>Polnareff dies
>Diavolo gets the arrow
So did you read Part 5 or

>not wanting a properly translated part 5 with some of the best fights in the series

I'd be cool with David taking some time off when it comes to doing the actual series, putting off part 5 a bit, and instead just doing some Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe/Dead Mans Questions OVAs

Seems the next season will only feature homos.

>>Dio's son, but the plot does fuck all exploring this topic and isn't really revolved in any way
are you dense? Giorno being Dio's son is just a device to explain how he's a JoJo. The real plot hole is where the fuck was he in part 6?

At least it'lll finally get fully translated cucks

That's how it happened. The only reason why the arrow was even there in the first place was because Polnareff had it.

>they animate DMQ
>threads turns into a shitstorm about whether Kira deserves such a fate

Not that much different than it usually is desu

Polnareff dying was unrelated to getting the Arrow, he was killed while SC was transforming. Diavolo didn't stab himself since Buccellati figured out how to send everyone back to their original bodies and did it just before he could get Requiem leaving Giorno the only person to get it without complication. SCR would be just as much bullshit as GER if Polnareff didn't die during the transformation and KCR would be on a whole new level of bullshit if he'd actually stabbed KC.

why would you post the ugly ass anime version of this?

Someone requested this and I don't know which thread to post it in so I'm just putting it in both
youtube.com/watch?v=3MCDe_d10Vw

I want to nut in Abbacchio

Part 5: Giorno is boring
Part 6: Stone free is boring and weak

You're fooling yourself if you think another Dio won't be in Part 9.

all wrong
both parts are absolutely enjoyable

is part 5 anime even confirmed?

>says this while posting the repulsive early part 4 josuke

It's cool for Jojo, but Giogio is literally plain greek yogurt (joke intended haha)

All jokes aside, each Jojo has a personality like here

Jonathan - noble gentle giant who wants to protect what is good
Joseph - prankster goofball who wants to protect world for grandad's sake
Jotaro - family tree shit again, but an edgelord that at least has some depth
josuke - like father like son, but highschooler that makes friends
Johnny - wants to redeem himself in his father's eyes and learn to literally walk again

now tell me about Giogio besides him having the answer to every fucking problem

he's just "oh yea the answer is x" abbachio replies "FUCK YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKER STEP OUT OF LINE I WILL CUT YOU" and bruno is like "yea its x"

(I skipped part 6, yea but I'm gonna be reading it soon, but from what I heard Jolyne has some depth.)
>inb4 fuck you skip part retard!!!!

part 1 and 2 are the best, 3 has its moments but is so not what I wanted after coming off 1 and 2, 4 made stands tolerable and I enjoyed it, and 5 just made me stop reading it.

Really need to force myself through that arc some day

please tell me this is pasta and not actually a retard. please please please

Watch it a couple of time. JoJo OPs take time to grow on you.

the fight against DIO was an asspull, and asspulls can't be more than cool on their own. David Pro did their best with what they had.

i just spent much of 2016 readning parts iv and v raw which took so long because I had to consult a dictionary at least twice a page.

But I know my shit

This is the truth of part V
+ It's the most structurally interesting of all the parts (the plot structure is a huge leap from part iv)
+ Although it's not as touching as part iv it demonstrates much of the storytelling maturity Araki developed in part iv-- with accomplished characterization and arcs
+ the story is focused and very well thought out
+ the villain is very interesting and original
- Giorno is not as fully developed as the other characters because he's really much like Jotaro: a sharply drawn but unchanging character around whom the plot revolves.
- Araki became a LOT more verbose in this part. His word count per page skyrockets. Trust me on this. I know. Jojo is always talky but he goes off the deep end here.
- Explaining the mystery of the arrows is entering Guyver territory

part 1 is absolute garbo compared to 5, wtf are you smoking

oh, sure the first one is crap till they get to that one guy who knows the ripple, that's where it gets really interesting, then even better when dude knows hes kicking off, and still goes in to save him, and then the end. shit could have ended there and it would have been one of the better stories in manga iv read, if only for the sake of not dragging on longer then it needed to, but then the follow up happened and could have ended right there.

then the third part, i don't like any of the characters really, but was enough to get me through, the 4th part had me at the main character, or at least one of them wasn't a jo jo, and just kind of got sucked into that world, but then the serial killer aspect, that sucked me in, along with the stand leveling up instead of just already being powerful.

then the 5th one happend and i could not give a fuck about a single one of the characters, and i'm looking at the volume list, how many chapters there are till the next part, and i just couldnt, kind of felt the same way about the third arc, but characters I liked got me through it.

>jo jo
>head over heels for koichi
>wah I'm one volume in but part 5 sucks I can't take it

just keep reading and quit whining, how'd you love part 4's glacial pace but aren't interested in part 5, it's filled with action and some of the best fights in the series

the serial killer aspect and the supernatural (that isnt fucking stands) is what got me, the non powerful main character that becomes powerful, even though it can be slow, the characters had me from an early point.

>What if they want to put some spacing between the anime and manga to allow JoJoLion time to finish/part 9 to get started
We already have to wait until June/July just for this shit to get announced.
Why would anyone wanna wait 5-8 years just for Part 5 to get an anime?

>filler

This meme needs to die, filler is an irrelevant term now, the "overall" plot of jojo is nonexistent. It's about a bunch of bizarre adventures with relatively the same formula but with varied themes, characters, settings and powers. There's no "overarching" plot that Araki had in mind where he was releasing parts just to fill time before the "real" story continued.

People are fucking stupid, the least people can do is use the word "padding" instead.

Giorno is shit
Jolyne is shit
Johnny's a gimp so is therefore shit

JoJo ends at part 4.
Part 8 is just more Morioh goodness.

giorno is shit
jolyne is ok
johnny is great
part 7 is best part.
tho part 4 is second best

Still better than battle tendency.
>Muh Caesar.
>Muh Cars ultimate form.

Any stand battle in P5 shits in the best of fights in P2.
Diavolo shits on Cars as a villain very, vary badly.

What's wrong with part 6? I liked it.

>Shitting on best JoJo and BroJo
Johnny & Gyro and Josuke & Okuyasu can't even compete

Not much. People just misunderstand the ending.

If anything I wish they would have brought back all the major living characters since its the last fucking Jojo part.

>Le trickster man with no other personality trait
>And a literal non-character
>Better than any character from parts after 2

If they're going to do DMQ it'll be for part 5 since PHF isn't exactly canon. DMQ is also in the same style as part 5 and Kira will still be relatively fresh in people's minds so it'd be a smart decision from a business standpoint as well

>they animate DMQ
>throw in a little filler scene where ghost Kira runs into Shinobu on the road
>FAITH starts playing

>in life, he had many 'girlfriends' but develops slight but genuine feelings for her due to being forced to spend time with her
>has no memories but subconsciously is drawn to her anyway and decides to follow her, as he has nothing else to go on
>she will never see him nor will anyone else

Is this game any good? I'm kinda shaky about it since the gameplay is different from All-Star Battle.

>Jotaro
>Depth
where

>He hasn't read Part 6

Part 5's translations updated again.

Green Day and Oasis is almost finished.

The exact same thing was in another Jojo thread, it's just pasta.

You'd think that with so much popularity, we'd get more hetero lewd for the series. Apparently fujos are 95% of the fanbase.

To each his own, for myself i really like part 5 and 6 fights, and find SBR the weakest part.

Part 2 is one of the best shitfag

Read the manga, animeonly

And? I've read and own all tomes up to jojolion 2..

>no mariah
why?

Tu es francais? Si oui je trouve ça dommage que tu trouve que la partie 2 est mieux parce que tout ce qu'elle fait,les parties après le font en mieux. Les combats sont bien mieux dans la partie 5, les persos dans les parties 6 7 8,etc. Même si c'était drôle de voir Joseph faire des conneries la fin c'est le plus gros asspull de la série et à part Joseph les personnages sont non-existant.

Part 5's shitty ending leaves a bad taste in people's mouths in a fight with otherwise amazing fights. Giorno is boring and unlikable, and is forced into a team with Bruno, who is basically an interesting Giorno.

Part 6's incredibly shitty minor villains, weak side characters, poorly defined/esoteric stands, declining artstyle and hideous character designs made Stone Ocean feel like Araki was spinning his wheels most of the time. C-Moon and Made In Heaven are two of the best fights in the entire franchise, but slogging through the first half of Part 6 is a fucking chore. Even the strongest side character, Weather Report, is really only interesting because Araki went completely off his rocker every time he showed up.

People who defend Part 5's ending by saying the real final fight was the arrow race are the worst. The race for the arrow was hardly any better than Gold Experience Requiem.

Diavolo does get the arrow, but fate no-sells him completely by refusing him a Requiem stand. Having "fate" directly take action in the part completely undermines any dramatic tension, and it makes it really fucking transparent that Araki didn't have a clue to write a fight with King Crimson in it. Instead, he blatantly wrote himself into the story as "fate" to force a win for Giorno, which makes the Passione squad come off as a bunch of lucky punk kids instead of resourceful and cunning stand users.

GioGio may not be as interesting as other jojo's but hes very likable what the fuck are you talking about.

Did Abacchio always have a giant crotch disk? I swear this is the first time I've ever seen it.

but it was the "last" fight

He did.