boards.fireden.net/a/thread/148349500/#148349500
pastebin.com/sLgzJxZr
n-u-l-l.net/2014/#contact.html
xdcc.n-u-l-l.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Beelzeshit
>masterpiece

Why did it end so early? bad sales?

It sold pretty good but not by Jump standards. The anime ended and didn't increase the manga's sales at all, and it was obvious it was never going to become a huge hit so they just cancelled it.

The mangaka decided to ditch the comedy and focus mostly on action. Everything went downhill afterward, horrible ranking, stagnant sales, boring plot.

Don't know if the Tamura simply ran out of ideas or if it was some editor intervention but the moment he stop relying on comedy Beelzebub went straight to shit which is a shame since it was a great comedy series, just a terrible action series.

Should've posted this one instead.

Both of these are equally forgettable, though.

>not remembering PARCO MOTHERFUCKING FOLGORE

Author literally said he had no ideas where to take it, so he finished up the main series asap and showed some stuff he couldnt before in a spinoff volume.

Kongou Banchou was perfect.

I thought it went back and forth right up until the end. Action arc, comedy arc, action arc, comedy arc.

Psyren, Reborn, and Toriko

>gashbell
>forgettable

Came here to post this

It's hard to forget if you've read the whole thing and got invested, yeah, but unfortunately most people's experience with the series is via the shit localization of the already shit anime adaption from the mid 2000's.

Most people know it as "That one wierd pokemon rip off". It's a fucking shame, but it's true.

So, the manga is much more superior than the anime?
Picked up.

BASTARD!! Is pretty underrated

First half is literally Berserk but with a MC that isn't a cuck.

I liked the old artstyle better, no idea why the author had to go and actually redraw the entire thing.

>So, the manga is much more superior than the anime?

Yeah. Mainly because halfway into the third arc, the mangaka broke his hand and had to take a break and the anime kept going, except they did a shitty job and did stuff completely different and worse fromwhat the author intended, and then the anime just ended without covering the final arc of the manga.

But beyond that, it's also a bad adaption just due to the how much worse the anime's art is when compared to the manga spreads like pic related, as well as santizing a few things, even in japanese. It's got a fantastic OST though and the songs are amazing in the anime, so it's worth checking those out, at least

I dumped the whole series on Sup Forums a few months back, might be worth reading it that way since we picked up on some translation errors as I dumped it and those aren't documented anywhere else and there are no other scans for the first 18 volumes other then that one set, Alternatively, I can just send you the list of errors we found for you to have.

Where can I read the redrawn scans?

Dunno really, I dont think anyone bothered to translate them so guess you could check raw sites.

>translation errors
In the official translation? I'm guessing you dumped RAW volumes.
And it's no problem. I can go looking in the archives. Thanks for the info user

>In the official translation?

Nah, in NULL's translation, AFAIK nobody has scanned the offifical VIZ volumes, and I imagine nobody ever will since they lost the liscense before they even finished releasing the series.

>I can go looking in the archives. Thanks for the info user
Be aware that I fucked up the subject line/OP post a few times, and a few volumes required a second thread, so simply doing a search might lead to some missing threads.

Here's the final thread, which has links to all the previous threads in the OP post/in the pastebin linked in it, just so you make sure you don't miss any of it: boards.fireden.net/a/thread/148349500/#148349500

Be aware that while we (thankfully) managed to avoid people being shitheads and posting spoilers, it did happen a few times, mainly in the volume 8 thread. There were also times I spoiled pages for the sake of having what was on the page be a suprise starting around volume 12 or so, but it should be easy enough to figure out when I did that vs it being somebody posting something else via context.

Thanks a lot man
I heard a bunch of great things about the manga. Pretty hyped to start reading it.

No problem.

I will warn you it starts out only sort of barely above average and takes a while to get going: The actual plot happening and it stopping being villian of the week doesn't occur till volume 11.

Not that the first 11 volumes are bad, but, it's worth keeping in mind, especially if two of the things that you've heard about it that draw you to it is the gorgous art/page spreads and strategic fights, because those elements in particular don't start to get that good till then.

I will never forget Beelzebub just for this guy.
The most based character in the series

No problem.

I will warn you it starts out only sort of barely above average and takes a while to get going: The actual plot happening and it stopping being villian of the week doesn't occur till volume 11.

Not that the first 11 volumes are bad, but, it's worth keeping in mind, especially if two of the things that you've heard about it that draw you to it is the gorgous art/page spreads and strategic fights, because those elements in particular don't start to get that good till then, and then it hitting it's peak in the third arc from like volume 20 onward.

I really like Kekkaishi

>Kekkaishi
Was it really underrated? I thought, that it was one of the most popular shonens in Japan, when it was published?

I first read this when I was like 16 or something I caught up to it when it was just about to hit 100 chapters, it was the last time I could enthusiastically read a shonen that wasn't HxH good times

the Furuichi arc was cool as fuck too maybe I should re-read this

and Sup Forums seems to love it too maybe underrated everywhere but here

how problematic are the errors?

Masterpiece was Furuichi and later his arc.
Author fucked up by not making SoL of Furuichi and his Pillars Squad. The only good chapter on that extra volume was about him and the loli.

This is Wasted potencial: the manga.
I sometimes miss it.

>That rushed ending
>That fucking cliffhanger
>All those unexplained characters and plot
>All those wasted doujins that never wrote themselves

Guess I'll begin with the thread then.

Fuck, this hurts.

Don't worry he made another Underrated masterpiece

>unfortunately most people's experience with the series is via the shit localization of the already shit anime adaption from the mid 2000's.
Same shit happened to Shaman King
It badly needs an anime remake

The vast majority of them are just awkward wording, and is something you can notice and figure out your own.

There are a few more significant ones, where actual plot stuff gets mistranslated or the meaning of sentances gets mistranslated, but these are usually picked up on by people very soon after the page get's posted.

If you don't mind spoilers I can be specific. Alternatively, I can upload my list of them for you to read yourself as you read along, but it's currently in my own shorthand, and IDK if the thread will still be up before I can go through it all and make it more readily understandable to people other then me. Let me know if you want me to pastebin it.

There is a different, more accurate translation for volume 18 onwards that avoids these, from A-Destiny, but the wording on them is awkard and less natural sounding all the time, and the scans are worse untill volume 30.

I plan on making my own release of the series that uses new higher res page rips from EBJ, that uses NULL's translation as a base but with the errors fixed (if i'm lucky I might also be able to buy the viz volumes that did get released to cross reference there as well), but I have no idea when oi'll actually get around to doing that.

last thread we had here got 500 posts, maybe it's becoming more popular

To be more specific: For the Null scans,there's like 2-3 panels per volume (each volume is around 200 pages) that have an iffy/akward sounding sentance that clearly was translated poorly, and there's one actual "Major" mistranslation where the actual meaning is being misunderstood by the translators and as a result you would have an incorrect understanding of what's being said and wouldn't know it like, once every 4-5 volumes, on average (though these are mostly stacked towards the end volumes, so in pratice it's like zero for the first 20 volumes (as far as we could tell) and then 5-6 across the last 13).

So, overall, enough that it's worth noting, but still pretty damn infrequent.

By contrast for the A-destiny scans, there's like 1 very awkwardly worded panel at least every page or so, but none of the "major" mistranslations are there and everything is translated accurately, just... worded poorly. But the scan quality is worse till the last 3 volumes and they didn't do 1-18 at all. It's also edgier sounding which I don't think fits the tone of Gash that well.

Manga was so comfy and funny... damn I miss it so much
So many things left unexplained, so much potential wasted...

>The mangaka decided to ditch the comedy and focus mostly on action.
sadly this

Fuck, these still hurt

>comic relief-kun
>based
He was literally the Shinpachi of the story

also Eden no Ori

I'd like that list, I'd prefer not to read via cbr

I mean i'd prefer to* read via cbr

Fuck off idiot. Fuiruichi was by far the best character in that shitty manga and nearly carried the whole thing on his back. He was the kumagawa of beelzebub

There's always a Shaman King thread that blows up once every blue moon

It really needs a remake tho...I like the first anime for what it is but it hardly does the series justice

>kumagawa was by fat the best character in MB
Yeah and Hisoka is the only thing that makes HxH worth it am I right ?

opinion discarded

>Eden no Ori
For some reason the end really got me even though most people thought it stupid, but really it had no closure. It felt incomplete, and the plot armor was way too strong in the second half of it.
Still, the revelations weren't bad, not that surprising but a whole lot better than what most shonen do. The characters were very likeable, except the big titted childhood friend, who was annoying, cliché and unneeded. I really liked the atmosphere of mystery and also the conflict with the beasts gave some really good scares.
Though, what happened to murderer-kun and the kind of the dark or whatever was his stupid title ?

>He was literally the Shinpachi of the story
Are you trying to imply Shinpachi is a bad character.

>Animefag being a fucking casual

Color me surprised

>He was the kumagawa of beelzebub
Let's not push it too far, he was a likeable loser but not that much of a good character, and after his fight he returned to his former state with no character development. He was indeed one of the best characters of Beelzebub, but only because most of them weren't very good.
>Kumagawa not being the best character in MB
The fuck ? Then, who was ? MB had plenty of likeable, good characters but come on Kumagawa was the best one by far.

>Eden

Is it that manga about how some plane crashed and niggas found themselves on an island with dinosaur?
Because if it is, that manga is pure unfiltered shit

>Solid characters with great development
>Great adapted battle system with original technique and application
>Great plot and foreshadowing

Havent seen a better RPG based manga

>Sha"Author literally said that it was garbage and he doesnt understand why pepole liked it, also he intentionally fucked up the end"man King
>Master piece

Sure, gimmie a minute to upload it to pastebin.

I don't think Null has a CBR release, but if you know of a good png to CBR converter, and are willing to drop some sort of throw away email address here, I'll convert all the volumes for you and upload them and send you a link?

He never said that

>he intentionally fucked up the end
The end was great though. They just couldn't beat an enemy who had a thousand years headstart on them and was much more powerful. He still got his shit slapped by his mom.
Flowers though... That's not canon, and it never will be.

Ignore the troll

my cbr'll load up any kind of image and it open folders, so i don't need it to be an cbr file

The ending was pretty bad, but I really liked Arago.

In that case, i'll write you up a guide on how to download the volumes from NULL's IRC bot, i'll post that with the pastebin.

thanks

Shoukoku no Altair
Anime soon though

Here: pastebin.com/sLgzJxZr

It's important to note that you shouldn't read too much into into the order I say things inside a note. For instance, given I say "X instead of y", meaning, sometimes I mean "they used X instead of Y, when it should be Y", and other times I mean "It should be X instead of Y". So you need to read what translation was ACTUALLY used for that line and compare it to my note, as whatever translation it DIDN'T iuse is the one i;'m saying it might mean instead.

It also may be a little unclear which notes are:"I think this is an error, here's what I think it is meant to be" vs "I know this is an error, here is what it was for sure meant to be".

Here's the guide to get the volumes:

1. Install an IRC client if you don't already have one. I use hexchat
2. Once that's installed, go to n-u-l-l.net/2014/#contact.html in your internet browser, click the second link, and hit "Open with [your installed client]
3. Open up xdcc.n-u-l-l.net/ in your internet browser, and click the "knojiki no gash" link on the sidebar.
4. This should display a list of rar's. Click the first one, copy paste the text it asks you to into the text field in the IRC chat you opened in your IRC browser.
5. it should ask pick a location to save the rar to, do that, hit accept, and then when it finsihes, do step 4 again with volume 2, then 3, then 4, and so on

meant for Also, the guide doesn't include getting the gaiden chapter, but i'm sure you'll be able to find that on your own

I enjoyed psyren for what it was, it wasn't perfect but it was bretty gud to me still
sad that it'll never get adapted

thanks m8

Kumagawa was one of the main reasons Medaka Box was good though

Furuichi was and will always be my husbando. No homo.

>nothing but aprons

Clearly, hand-bras and jeans are far superior.

I can't seem to get to the IRC channel

Can you give me a screenshot of what happens?

If we both end up not being able to get it to work,. if you can tell me a file uploading site that doesn't require registration that has a file size limit of 2gb or more, I can upload them myself there and post a link; or you can just use Bato.to or mangasaurus.

never mind actually I got it

Alright, cool

Also, worth noting I excluded the notes I made for myself about how I wanted to translate certain things that was more subjective, spefically regarding spell names and stuff like that

Purely because out of context those notes would mean nothing to you and you having them or not really has no bearing on your enjoyment or understandbility of the series. enjoyment

I was told at the end of 2015, there'd be some new chapters in 2016 and we're here, 1 week into 2017 and I haven't heard a damn thing. Does anyone know?

sorry, i'm a complete retard and i wan't in the irc at all

how do I exactly open the link with hexchat?

Volume 13 has been released, two new chapters were translated but the guy who did them said he isn't doing any more because it's still licensed.

I don't think you can call it underrated, though, it's consistently high on manga streaming sites.

Viz still has the license? Damn, when they get stuff, they really get it, huh?

>*the only reason

ftfy

After hexchat is installed, when you click the link in your internet browser, oit should give you the option to open the link up with hexchat. Try opening and closing your browser after you install it.

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to join the channel manually, if you give me a few minutes i'll write a guide up for that too.

If the thread 404's before we finish, feel free to email me at [email protected] if you still need help

Kimetsu no Yaiba is by far the best thing Jump has introduced in the last year, and Sup Forums just doesn't care.

I thought the author is literally dead?

Nope. There was a tweet with a page in SJ showing that it was coming back after a decade-long hiatus. It holds a special place in my heart because that Grunide fight was hype as hell.

Art is literally shit, and not the it is so shit it is good kind either, pace is somewhat too fast for my liking as well. Other than that it is decent

They've got the license unless they explicitly lose it, I don't get why people think this isn't the case. Some other companies do get licenses for a specific number of volumes or period of time, but Viz is owned by Shueisha so they're obviously not going to take it away.

The only time I can remember when Viz actually lost a license was Zatch Bell, and that was because the author told his publisher to fuck off and took the rights over to Kodansha.

Such a good series. The MC was underpowered and had to outsmart his opponents every time. A complete opposite of the hax isekai wish fulfillment that's popular now.

I'd like that since I have so many tabs open
nope, it's running in jump sq crown now a quarterly mag along with DGM

>Art is literally shit
This is, without any exaggeration, the opinion of a moron.

>doesn't even get an epilogue
At least it's ambiguously implied that possibly Kumagawa diddled Kikaijima

The artist was sick, the author was just doing other stuff the whole time. I'm not sure what he actually had, I've heard people say it's anything from breaking his hand really, really badly to leukemia.
Either way it's back now, published four times a year (gets two chapters at once often) and comes back in April. The Baron arc just finished this past chapter.

>That art
>Good

I am sorry that you have shit taste

I disagree. I think when he was first introduced he was a pretty cool character, but the more he was in it the worse he got. The more annoying he got, too.

>shounenbabby can't handle a slightly non-traditional artstyle

whoah what a surprise

Same mistake Gintama did. Getting too serious. All long-running comedy action series tends to end up at a similar point. Forgetting the comedy that made it great and just going all action. One Punch Man is getting to that point too but it tends to pull itself back.

I didn't even know that quarterly releases were a thing. Why doesn't Togashi move to a quarterly schedule?

No, man. It's actually pretty ugly. It's not the worst I've seen but don't actually pretend it's good, when it's ugly at worst and forgettable at best.