Re:Zero Novel

What does a/ think of TranslationChicken's
Re:Zero Novel Translation?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ
translationchicken.com/2017/01/08/rezero-arc-4-chapter-13-roswaals-intentions-part-22/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's better than Summaryanon's.

Unreadable like almost all fan translations

Half the Re:Zero threads. Chicken is too slow. They should just edit Summaryanon's stuff when he's finished.

Sage for unnecessary thread.

pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ

Summaryanon glosses over loads of dialogue, glosses over all non-dialogue, butchers verbal tics, and disregards tense.
It is fundamentally uneditable. Editing it would be slower than translating from scratch.

>butchers verbal tics

I haven't seen him handle them any differently from other translations. Could you elaborate which ones and why? Beako's, Emilia's, and Roswaal's all seem to be at least consistent with the way most translators handle them.

How much does summaryanon skip? 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% ? I'm aching for more Rezero but reading a novel where half is missing would just spoil the experience.

Pick them both up, read a couple chapters against each other, and use that to determine if the information drop rate is too high for you to be comfortable reading summaryanon.

Oh hey! Speaking of Chicken, they just posted the 2nd half of chapter 13.

>translationchicken.com/2017/01/08/rezero-arc-4-chapter-13-roswaals-intentions-part-22/

Like 15% dialogue is untranslated? He doesn't skip it, per se.
But he says occasionally says something to the effect of "they talk about this topic for a while".
Basically handling it like he handles non-dialogue. More summary than translation.
Hence "Summary"user.

But again, Summaryanon *does* translate most of the dialogue.

We need to make "fan localizations" a thing.
>[Wilhelm: Killing the White Whale, how significant that was, Subaru-dono not realizing this is something admirable indeed. Perhaps one day the world will properly thank you for this great achievement. I look forward to that day]
>[Subaru: Yeah I think so too! Wait.. but wasn’t I just running around the Whale’s nose like bait all that time?]
>To Subaru’s not even humble words, Wilhelm looked on with a warm smile. His insides itching from that warmth, Subaru shook his head as if trying to get rid of that feeling.

This is just awful.

>Too much! At least, that’s the oldest out of everyone I’ve met so far
Said in front of Emilia and Roswaal. Wew there.

Just go with Summaryanon for now. He's not afraid to localize thing due to his modus operandi. You could always offer to be their editor too.

Why does Roswaal have no respect for Flugel?

E

M

T

No

I agree

>Chicken's translation
>Blah, blah, eaborate 2ch meme, blah
>Summary user's
>Blah, blah, not gonna bother translating this 2ch meme just have a description of what its supposed to be, blah, blah

Read both and both are basically the same with summarry user adding more flavor while chicken's is more "safe" but both are good

He probably met Flugel and wasn't impressed.