Software Development. Is the field still decent salary wise or is it already finished because of pajeet?

Software Development. Is the field still decent salary wise or is it already finished because of pajeet?

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/steveyegge2/five-essential-phone-screen-questions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's viable still and is about to ramp back up. Companies are starting to realize hiring a bunch of pajeets gets them what they paid for.

Shitty code covered in shit.

Are you in the field? I've heard mixed things from different people. Overall they say its still a good career option as it still pays well, still a lot of demand, but thats slowly been changing. I honestly would probably stick with it for about 5 - 10 years before moving on to something else with the connections I make.

I'm in the field and at my work we are bringing more positions back from overseas. All it does is create more work because someone has to constantly cleanup the pajeet code and make it actually fit into the project without being some random code that's just a wall of garbage

I don't know why the industry thought it was a good idea, anyone and their dog can get a programming job in India they don't even check if they are qualified or test them.

still decent but you should have a degree and actual skills

software engineering is good, code monkey is bad

I've also heard that from people as well - pajeet code is usually unusable or at least have to be fixed completely just costing more time and money. Good to know that's changing at least. Salary wise are you content?

>I don't know why the industry thought it was a good idea,
|>
|&
|

So just bootcamp would not be good? I was thinking of doing that for a few months...

I got a pretty good gig 100k a year after taxes. With the new tax plan it will probably get a nice little bump.

unless you're super good to a point where you can build everything by yourself in short amount of time and thus can decline jobs at will, it's pretty hard field to get into, especially if you don't live in USA. Most require that you work 10hours days from the office using their shitty computers and IDE for a shit pay and want all kind of certificates and requirements be fullfilled.

You can get a nice junior position with bootcamps and work your way up the line. Just make sure to do a lot of self teaching at home and take a couple certificate courses.

It's a good way to get into the subject and see if you like it. But it will probably not be enough to get a high paying job.

avoid corporate meme jobs (.NET, JAVA)
all I can say

Still some pockets of decent salaries and hard working people.

You'd have to jump different roles around a corporate office in order to find your oasis among pajeets, but it exists.

t. recently white-flighted away from pajeet organization to a stricly euro-only programmers group and the difference is amazing (shit actually works and doesn't cause prod issues)

Thanks for the info, will do supplement that with self study and slowly work my way up.

Nice! West coast? East cost? I really have no idea what an entry salary would be for someone fresh out of bootcamp but I'm hoping for something like 50k (Seattle) is doable for my first job.

Thanks guys, good info too.

Love it. But I wont be bale to be so picky for my first job or two. Maybe after 1-2 years I can scout out a better work place.

Pajeets can't develop software for shit but the field is being bombarded with all kinds of people due to the high pay.

Plz don't tell me women too.

Pajeet is problem 1. SJW hivemind is problem 2.

Knowing how to program is not the only skill you need if you want a good salary.
Rule of thumb is if you know math, you'll have no problem being on top. If you're not fond of math, programming is not the job you're looking for.

Im just shit-tier at math but I never really applied myself. I think if I actually try ill be ok with moderate to even some advanced math. I'm an easy going and social person though which I heard is a plus in this field as many people are supposedly socially awkward. Hoping that will be somewhat of a plus.

Your marks are not the issue, the issue is if you had problems understanding mathematical concepts.
High-end programming demands excellent knowledge of the language and it's limits but also logic, algebra, numerical methods, algorithm optimization methods etc.

For my work I use exclusively codemonkeys
because I have a firm grasp on everything other than the programming languages themselves because I never bothered to learn them.
t. engineering software developer

Pajeet is based.

The field is close to being finished though not because of Pajeet but because of blue-haired SJW Google snowflakes.

Thanks for that info I understand what you mean now. I do well with some mathematical concepts and i'm really good with logic in general.

Unfortunately such is life, liberal infestation everywhere you look - even garbage collectors.

>Pajeet is based.
Pajeet detected. Your code is shit. Your streets are shit.

Software "engineers" are glorified project managers.

>praljak

General logic + math, but most important of all is have good architecture skills - structuring problems into multiple classes, files, folders and so on. Get just the right balance between stability and flexibility and you're golden.

Hire pajeets and get a unreadable wall of code, creating so many problems that a rewrite would be 10x better and faster than cleaning up the current mess.

Yep, I'm not even in "software engineering", you would think it would be about architecture - but then you get told to learn all these fucking diagrams, useless terms and project management-esque BS.

Somehow they pass as being good at architecture, but you get good architecture skills by doing big projects by yourself and reorganizing it in the most sensible way.

What do all these third worlders know about the Software Development industry in the USA?

Obviously more than you.

It's still viable, but if you have the possibility, try getting into InfoSec

How though isn't pen test boring

Yes do it.
Me high IQ degenerate who wasted youth doing drugs. 2 month boot camp make 100k few months out. It's the only job left.

It's a fucking gold mine.. in Poland at least

Friend is saying it's catching on and market getting bit saturated especially in WWA

Info Security? Interesting hadnt thought about that, i'll check it out.

Good job man! California?

Just realized your in Canada.

I have a question

I'm heading into school after having taken a break for a 1.5 years. I haven't been coding in that time but I'm trying to review everything i learned from my experience in class. I have three options classwise and I was wondering which I should go for, considering I need have a lot of shit to cover on my own. I can go with one of these
Discrete math
Data structures & Algorithms
Computer Org & Assembly

I was thinking of taking discrete math and saving the data structures for the fall as I've heard it's a tough class, but I've heard mixed stuff about DM. Some say it's easy and others say it's hard as fuck. Which one should I go for?

F

Moved here while Obama was president and Harper was pm.
Should be heading back south soon

Discrete math is harder. If you find data structures to be hard you need to choose a different major.

DM isn't that hard but it's horrible and incredibly tedious.

i don't personally feel that way, but anyway, it's still a golden opportunity in Poland. 9k net monthly, which is possible for a regular java dev is three times national average salary.

Also another question, what will impress at a job interview? Side project? Knowing a little bit of how binary works and what assembly does? Just being socially normal?

>WITNESSED
It's going to cost them a lot of money to fix that hot mess. Pajeets usually just steal and recycle from codebase from their previous jobs so that code probably also violates NDA as well.

>I don't know why the industry thought it was a good idea
Because the people who make the financial decisions are fucking incompetent imbeciles who think they're lol so smart?

>pajeet
This guy is literally the reason I have a job as a lead developer. Some dumbo.com spent 2 years writing shitty code that always breaks in production. Guy got fired for sharing passwords on a network drive. Now my team is rewriting all of it. Fucking pajeets.

It's like getting hired at any other job and solely comes down to if the manager likes you and thinks you can get work done.

Chances are, half of it's going to be getting you to solve analytical problems and write code to solve simple data manipulation problems, and the other half will be making sure you're not weird and are able to work with other people and follow instructions.

I'm talking exclusively about financial aspect. Right now, programming is one of the most lucrative jobs for a regular person, and it's because of globalization of IT market and relatively low costs of living in Poland. Java dev in USA will make 100k. for the same work in Poland, he'd get a quarter of that, but this is still a shitload of money here

Don't listen to these half-pajeet developers.

Have a side project. Show that you actually enjoy programming. Don't be a fucking autist in the interview though. Show some expert fucking knowledge in at least one area. Please try to solve at least ALL the problems. Don't care if you're wrong. Explain your thinking and ask for help if you need it. Oh and if you can manage to tell me about green text stories while interviewing, you're hired.

non techies think that because India has English, they can code.

My career so far has been fixing pajeet code or just redoing the whole thing because the program is written entirely in poo-code.

eg. if(true)

Noone cares about side projects, given anyone can cobble together some shit given enough time. Ability to produce correct code in the interview is what counts.

Yeah, I only hire devs that can code white boards with leetcode.

Actual usable software is such a shitty metric

Yes but ffs learn math or some higher CS subject like machine learning or you will forever be a code monkey.

You have it so wrong. You must work for IBM or some pajeet factory.

>already

ask yourself - would you hire pajeet or would you hire steve

Retard NEETs will tell you a CS degree is a meme. I'm and 20 year old making $48/hr at Amazon next summer, make of that what you will.

...which is why you stick them in front of a computer and tell them to write something in front of you. Seen plenty of people with hordes of shit in github but are incapable of implementing quick sort in half an hour.
Maybe at hipster startups the cool factor of your side projects is enough to get a job from, but that's not how it works in any company that has to actually make money.

Poo code, every time.

This. Our company hired a group of Indians to "assist us". They took 3 months to do what we did in 3 days.

That group no longer exists.

Yes, OP, Software Development is a great area.

And it's pretty much automation-proof. The day machines code themselves we are either fucked or in heaven.

Java developer here. If you're good, entry level positions pay anywhere from $60k to $90k per year.

Pajeet writes shit code and we often have to spend a lot of time fixing it.

Seattle area? Yeah I dont think the Software Dev meme is all that true, yet.

You are definitely a pajeet with that mentality.

Candidate 1: Knocks out all questions asked. Rockstar on OO principals, Algorithms, Data Structures, bits & bytes. But doesn't have any side projects or even a github account.

Candidate 2: Knocks out all questiosn asked but one. Rockstar on OO principals, algo, Data Structures and bits & bytes. Flopps partially on a stupid whiteboard question that your stupid ass thought would stump him. Has a github, contributes to open source.

Why the fuck wouldn't you take candidate 2? I'm not saying don't ask them whiteboard questions, I feel that if someone is actually active in a side project or open source community they will be a much better coder.

Thank you Jose! Not even Mexico is free of the Pajeet, interesting.

Thanks for input, appreciate that salary range addition.

Another protip... learn python, pajeets only learn Java/ Java Enterprise sometimes C# for the most part.

Oh I didn't realize you were looking for a quick sort engineer!

That's why you'd hinge the entire job on that one very useful, going to be used every day, critical component question.

Right, user?

user, I have a chance of making it into Amazon this January. Sponsored visa and all. It sounds really promising but I've read nothing but bad things about Amazon's work environment and how employees are treated like shit and managers have to rate according to a system that makes them rate good employees poorly sometimes (or just do it because they don't like them). Have you heard of this?

Also, for the rest of y'all. I do not intend to take white women, I'll look for a fellow spic or a half white half spic like me. I also intend to open a business so I can give back more jobs than the one I've taken. And over all, I intend to live FUCKING FREEDOM AND GUNS.

Well if I take data structures I'd have to quickly catch up as the class starts in like 6-7 weeks. I may go with computer org and assembly but I literally don't really get what the class covers and/or if it's easy or not

Yep, seattle

Great pro-tip. Thanks! The bootcamp I was looking at teaches full stack development - html, css, javascript, sql, python, and c#. Obviously I'd probably have basic understanding of each but Ill probably focus on Python to get to know it better since their are a lot of Python positions in my area (according to indeed.com)

>C#
>Not another bloated MS turd

Good job and good luck, I heard they have a great set up there. I might apply there eventually even if its just an internship to get my foot in the door. We'll see.

Have heard similar things. Just an internship so I don't care

I see. Best of all user.

That's too much shit to learn in a boot camp.

Apply everywhere nigger, I sent out 60 internship applications in september.

It's good but there are a fuckton of areas to specialize. You could spend your entire life in the field and still be unable to apply to like 75% of job applications

Definitely viable, however in amerimuttstan it already got colonized by leftards and numales, so it's associated with SJW horseshit for the most part. Here it's not so bad and pays well. If your company's looking for shortcuts and starts contracting ukrainians or pajeets, then it's a shitty company and you should get away from them

How many did you hear back from. Damn.

This is absolutely wrong in the U.S. I work in the midwest through and not the east, but I have no idea where you got this idea.

it's shit, don't do it. it's nepotism run wild everywhere i've worked. if you're good at what you do you're expected to pick up the slack for all the retards who were hired over you who can't do their job worth a damn. anybody who says programming is a good career is an incompetent fuckhead who knew the right people in the right places. the management is fully retarded and arrogant beyond belief and the pay is only worth it if you honestly think any of the jew shit being sold today is even worth buying. i quit programming and got a job at an animal rescue shelter working with doggos all day and it was the best decision i ever made. i still program in my free time, mostly things like roguelikes or other fun projects.

You don't write on a whiteboard, you put them in front of a computer and make them write code that compiles and runs.

Way to miss the point. If they can't write something that any half decent programmer should be able to write in their sleep, you shouldn't hire them.

>The day machines code themselves we are either fucked or in heaven.

Not to mention the Great Sexbot Rebellion.

>t.helloworlder

I had about 10 interviews

What school?

Why the fuck not... Don't try to master everything at once but here are some things to learn to be a fucking nerd.

Learn the following under Python:
1. Django
2. Flask
3. SQLAlchemy
4. Pandas
5. Celery
6. Requests
7. NumPy
8. SciPy

Also learn SQL pretty common you will see:
1. MySQL
2. PostGREs
3. Oracle
4. MongoDB

DESU I would also try to learn the following:
1. Cloud Software
2. DevOps
3. nodejs
4. Hadoop or some Big Data
5. Machine learning basics
6. master a lower level language too. Go, Java

Also:
sites.google.com/site/steveyegge2/five-essential-phone-screen-questions

>Python

community college

Go fuck yourself. Python is taking off and if you want to make fucking bookoo bucks you learn it.

I'm always curious what level of knowledge people expect, to say you 'know' or have 'learned' a language?

Being so retarded you didn't know python = $$$

Java isn't low level.

fucking this. every company I've worked for had an outsourced Indian division. everything they touched was ruined.

lowER you fucking pajeet

Thank you Senpai!

kek, i unironically wish this were true. the joy i experienced from programming in high school was tainted by years in the industry. i'll never again enjoy late night coding binges the same way i did growing up. the software industry is a soulless dream-killing machine filled with humanesque animals that don't even realize they're living in an emotional purgatory. my advice to anyone is learn to code, it's really rewarding and costs you nothing, but never do it for money.