Nagi no Asukara thread

What do you think of this anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BqEODlVO4BQ
shonenmagazine.com/bmaga/araburuotome
youtube.com/watch?v=MqTKOq8DmWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nagi no Asukara is a masterpiece of the soap drama genre. The crying, the timeskip, Chisaki's sweater puppies. Everything was perfect.

I mean I knew Okada was good at coming up with drama bullshit, but Nagi no Asukara completely exceeded my expectations. 10/10 show.

>Miuna monday was deleted
>not even "moved" to /c/

I genuinely think it's one of the best shows in terms of atmosphere.

One of my favourites.

Faggot mods can delete Miuna Monday, but they can never delete love.

Here is an image related to the anime series of this threads topic.

More okada drama when? Preferably original so I couldnt drop it at the hint of a spoiler.

Hated it because Chisaki was a slut who fell for another man just because he was the only one around. Shit felt like NTR

>Watched the first episode when it aired
>Immediately dropped it because everything about it screamed NTR

Was I right or was I right?

We all know "forced drama" is a buzzword, but if it wasn't, Nagi no Asukara would be it.

Just polygon.Which might be or not ntr.

I want to sexually FUCK Miuna.

>Just polygon.Which might be or not ntr.
True, but the whole sacrificial maiden backstory is one of NTR though. Maybe I take a different view of the final episode than most, but it seemed to me that Miuna had moved on from Hikari and now loved Manaka instead, so still more scope for NTR in the future.

>now loved Manaka instead
Normal love between good friends, not her being a faggot I hope. The real story is just hundreds of years of misunderstanding, the sea fag seems to have only loads of wooden maiden not real ones for a proper ntr to whoever had their love thrown into the sea.Though knowing tradition, there were probably real maiden that became fish food.

Do you even know what drama is? It's not real, it doesn't happen naturally, it's created artificially by an author, so it's always "forced". It's a bit like a chess problem, where someone sets outs the pieces in a certain way and then you try to work out what happens from there. Drama that is especially designed to create large amounts of emotion in the audience is called melodrama, but it's still no more "forced" than any other sort.

I can't remember if they made the sacrifice every year, so maybe the sea god decided each time whether to take the girl as a wife or let her drown.

>it doesn't happen naturally
I'm pretty sure drama sometimes happen in real life.

You do realize Hikari never loved Chisaki, don't you? She did him a favor by moving on. Hell she even took away the competition for Manaka in the process.

God tier OPs and EDs, enjoyable tier over the top drama

You were wrong. The love polygon in that show is an endless rollercoaster.

>miia Monday thread was deleted

Good riddance!

Satoru or whatever his name was and Chisaki were the biggest surprise. I ended up enjoying them a lot, just wished Chisaki was less of a pushover.

Of course real life can resemble drama sometimes so we describe things as drama, but that's only borrowing the theatrical term.

I watched it for the underwater fish world. I wish they spent more time there. The rest of the show was watchable, but i really only remember it because of the sea aspect.
I prefer these types of romance anime to generic Japanese high school with a beta protagonist or full blown retarded isekai fantasy plots. Just enough of a unique concept tacked on that it keeps the show entertaining, but doesn't try to advertise itself as an actual well-written adventure anime.
It helps that i'm autistic about the ocean.

Miuna.

Have you read Moby Dick?

youtube.com/watch?v=BqEODlVO4BQ
Why is this song so good?

I love watching shows like this and crying like a little bitch. Chisaki was clearly best girl and I'm glad she got her happy ending.

Episode 13 was the peak of this anime. The timeskip was interesting but novelty waned quickly for me. Also Miuna a best.

I agree. I hoped they would give us an interesting bitter-sweet ending. But it was rather disappointing and standard.

Miuna should have sacrificed herself to the sea god after all.
Think of how much more MIUNA posts there would be if we were morning her death.

Liked it until the timeskip.

Goddamn I want to give her babies so bad. Literally the best figure a girl can have.

The time skip was fucking bullshit.
They literally baited us that Miuna might actually win.
I fucking hate Okada so much.

This isn't about how Hikari felt. This is about how shallow Chisakis feelings were. She didn't give up on Hikari but rather lusted after another man at the same time.

I had a dream about Nagi no Asukara yesterday. I dreamed abot a sequel. ;_;

Someone save Sayu

Goodnight Miuna, I'll do my best to protect my smile.

Fatty

Since this is a Mari Okada thread by proxy. It's time to post her new work in manga format.

She writes manga now? Dump it user.

miuna monday?

Sayu and Kaname's development was the only good part of the anime. I was rooting for them the most.

I don't know user, the part where Miuna tripped and fell on her face was pretty great

I can't, but wonder if this is /u/.

she's 12...

Probably, the page is full of lillies and you know what that means. Lesbian love polygon now? Oh okada.

I bet she foresaw the big wave of yuri and she wants some credits.

looks nice, would read

the highest point of the show for me was the parts directly after the timeskip where hikari met with chisaki again.

Maybe she could write a better drama than the usual writer, is this weekly/monthly or a one shot? If it is serialized, prolonging the drama might turn this shit though.

I seriously don't know what to expect, but it's probably going to be a heavy-drama series. I still don't know how she manages to get the job.

Someone noticed her melodrama expertise, too bad translation never I guess.

>i bet this is /u/
shonenmagazine.com/bmaga/araburuotome

>too bad translation never I guess.
T-that's right. TL fucking never.

damn, now i really want a translation. is there a MU entry for this?

>milk
youtube.com/watch?v=MqTKOq8DmWU

>1 guy, 4 or so cuties in a book club something
>1 girl imagining lewd yuri scene.
Sasuga okada.Thanks for the link user.

user, she wrote wixoss years ago.

>okada new job
Is this the beginning of the end of okada career as anime series compositor?

Rare Miuna.

Chisaki deserved better.

We are pawns of our circunstances. She had no choice.

Chisaki is shit

Not true.
You can live your life and try to find someone or settle down for some nigger you met during hardship and though he was cool.
inb4 NTR

I like the drawings.

Whats the context of this Rare Miuna?

I love it. Good atmosphere, nice backgrounds, good OST, MC turns out great, Miuna is a miracle etc. HanaIro treatment fucking where?

i want to drown in that gap

>tfw no okada x p.a. works anymore

Fug. RIP Okada animu.

She is also working on a movie (with real life people).

What went wrong?

I miss the old Nagi no Asukara threads on Sup Forums when it wasn't popular. Those were comfy.

NNA has never been popular.

It got pretty big on Sup Forums near the middle of the anime

One day, Miuna woke up to find she had mysteriously grown an enormous pair of breasts.

It was only a nightmare.

I dropped it 8 episodes in. Did it ever stop being boring?

no

So I guess I won't bother picking it back up again. Cool, thanks.

>Cute
>Keeps things interesting by constantly stirring drama
>Femme fatale
>Affectionate
>Beautiful
>Is a mermaid

Is Chisaki literally the most perfect anime girl?

Sorry user, I won't even give you your drug.

>loli faggot detected

Could you give me an end?