Why is a meme VN like Nekopara getting a perfect kickstarter but Dies Irae translation might not make it's goal

Why is a meme VN like Nekopara getting a perfect kickstarter but Dies Irae translation might not make it's goal

Because my dock wants its catgirls

Fetishes. That is always the answer and you know it.

>"perfect" kickstarter
>non-h

>catgirls vs soviets

You have to be a very well educated person to enjoy all the Dies Irae references

For context

>160k to translate a visual novel

>$160,000

Dies Irae KS was very poorly run early on, almost no publicity, no communication, nothing to encourage backers. Not like MuvLuv.

Because dies irae is not even the best game in 2009, it's barely top 10.

2009 was truly the golden age of VNs

>Maji de
>Hoshizora
>eden

Truly the best year.

Because Nekopara for whatever reason is rather popular in the West, which is odd since it doesn't seem to be that popular in Japan.

Do you have the lists for 2012 and 2014? I'm interested to see how KoiChoco and AoKana did.

>for whatever reason
Steam

Pretty much this. It's extremly saddening because Nekopara isn't even got aside from being fapbait but that isn't even part of the steam version

Here is 2011/2012 will post 2014 soon.

Looks fine to me, only $15 to go

Who the fuck needs 160K to do a translation though? Are they redrawing CGs, doing english dubs?

Who doesn't want to fuck catgirls? That's why.

All these games I still can't play because dekinai

Do you know how much Konosora sold in japan? Curious to see how much it sold considering steam reviews are good here.

Because lots of people have played or heard of Nekopara while nobody in the west knows Dies Irae.

>steam
>fuck

Whoops KoiChoco was actually released in 2010, post that year's list instead.

You'll get there if you keep studying, user. I believe in you!

Turns out being chuuni doesn't make you enough money to pledge such projects.

There's a R-18 patch. But it's still censored, which sucks.

But still.

Also how are Nekopara's sales in Japan? I keep hearing conflicting reports regarding its popularity there.

>AoKana at #2
Nice taste Nips.

nah you guys are just stingy

>#6
Too low.

They tried charging 100 US dollars for a digital Vita copy. They're treating the common VN consumer as a walking money printer.

Fuck this chuuni shit.
Why cant we have Muramasa translation kickstarter instead?

I want both, but at this rate we're getting neither. Just fuck my shit up.

The fact that majikoi is second on this list whereas muramasa and oretsuba are 4th and 5th respectively says something about the validity of this garbage list. Along with these two games and dive2, dies is among the best of the games listed here. Not that EOPs would understand anyhow

I hope it doesn't, but I think it will.

Well, Dies Irae will be lost to EOPs. But the anime will be even worse considering it has no chance to do the series justice and it will drawn Sup Forums cancer to the series.

Meme does not mean "things I don't like".

Normalfags

>Comparing a VN translation to an anime OVA project.

Popularity. And it's as you said, a meme game.

>supporting all ages cut release.
Take a guess child.

>muh japanese VN is too deep for English speakers to understand
Nobody falls for this meme anymore now that the scene is not being controlled by moogy

Run back to DJT, you permanent failure.

>eustia 2nd
Jesus fucking Christ, August.
WHERE MY FUCKING ANIME.
I'LL DIE FIRST BEFORE SOMEONE FINISHES THE TL.

This.