Kimi no na wa

>Since the opening of the film in South Korea last Wednesday, the film already sold 130 thousand tickets on just its opening day
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
who saved anime again

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139
japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGJ9rxsrLIW
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-09-07/anime-director-yamakan-says-he-envies-makoto-shinkai-keit-ai/.106179
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/74th_Golden_Globe_Awards
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/89th_Academy_Awards#Schedule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This anime was a mistake.

Is there a final tally for how many people Shinkai has made jelly as fuck through his success? Yamakan, Miyazaki and Ishida have all lost their cool, but there must have been others Ive missed.

Tomino too.

Tomino, while being jelly, was motivated to defeat Shinkai movie. I think this is jealous in a good way.

>Miyazaki

wat

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 12 weeks, 11 weekends
>Has surpassed Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle as #2 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Now beyond 20 billion yen (US$288 million).
>Nominated for an Oscar
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>On the cusp of going beyond the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million)
>Premieres #1 in the Korean box office
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>On the verge of surpassing Spirited Away's worldwide gross, making it the highest grossing anime of all time
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

Your post was a mistake.

Poor guy will kill himself over the fame

>Japan hypes it
>lots of tickets
>it's actual trash but won't tell anyone
>China hypes it
>lots of tickets
>it's trash but won't tell anyone
>Korea hypes
>lots of tickets
>it's trash but won't tell anyone

Who's the next country to fall for this endless loop?

>Yamakan, Miyazaki and Ishida have all lost their cool,

What have they said?

it is not nominated for the oscars

Which is funny considering Tomino created the best selling anime franchise in history, while getting the original cancelled even.

Your existence was a mistake.

didn't miyazaki "come out of retirement" again because of this?

Your planet was a mistake

the fucking ms paint upside down smile

Yamakan said he envy him and won't be on his level even even he tried the hardest so he will be feed audience with his usual kind of shit

I get the Keit-ai meme, but you surely can't be so deluded that you think it is the key contributing factor to the films success

FINDS A WAY
I
N
D
S

A

W
A
Y

Meme magic is incredible.
Really makes me think.

You don't remember it was Sup Forums who put him as the president of the United States of America? They memed him up there.

K I N O N A W A

>it is not nominated for the oscars
Nominations haven't closed yet. The polls close this Friday and the results won't be announced until the 24th.

Shink-ai

I finally saw this film in theater today as I noticed it was being screened in my town.
It's pretty good, though I found the first half far more engaging. The second half was more ordinary and the music grew obnoxious at the very end. Still a nice watch overall, I might go a second time.

I think Anno too

Give me one reason why I should watch this, or if you'd prefer, why it deserves to be snatching up records. It looks pretty uninteresting from what I've seen but that's not much.

So this meme movie is now an atually accepted thing? Sucks.

sorry thats not anime

Meme magic is real.

>>Since the opening of the film in South Korea last Wednesday, the film already sold 130 thousand tickets on just its opening day
>>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>>also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>who saved anime again

It's doing gangbusters in East Asia

It better make a huge splash in the West

I'm going to need an English translation for this English translation

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

Just realized Shinkai has a Terrence Malick-tier meme face

Reminder that Makoto Shinkai thinks Keit-Ai is a mistake.

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGJ9rxsrLIW

иди нахуй)

Yamakan envies Shinkai for making this meme film.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-09-07/anime-director-yamakan-says-he-envies-makoto-shinkai-keit-ai/.106179

>creates an animated feature film that costs millions of dollars
>lol plz don't see it
What's his problem?

It's just a highschool romance flick.
See it if you find that interesting, or don't see it if you don't.
Just don't go in with high expectations.

>emotionally satisfying
The film is shallow as fuck

Miyazaki hasn't said anything about it. He probably hasn't even seen it.

So is life. Your point?

No he didn't.

Miyazaki loves complaining about modern anime, doesn't that mean he watches modern anime?

I sure hope its mine country. I want to see this on the big screen.

List of countries this shit will be screened in fucking where?

>Rotten: 1

Alright, which one of you was it?

My point is that there are much more "emotionally satisfying" anime movies out there that aren't overrated shit.

If you had to have seen an anime to complain about it, 90% of threads on Sup Forums couldn't exist.

What country are you in, user?

South America is guaranteed to eat this shit up like pancakes on a discount in a morning restaurant, what i want to see is how it does in the US and Canada.

It'll flop in America due to the fact that for some weird reason anime is so stigmatised there.

It'll hit a niche as a date movie and a (probable) Oscar nominee when it drops over here.

LINE STICKER

Yea, it is a very asian movie, doubt gaijins would love it as much as the asians.

Neat.

any wallpapers of this kino? phone wallpapers are greatly appreciated

Here's one of my personal favorites. I can post some more if you want.

i want. thanks a lot in advance!

This is current Shinkai's lockscreen.

Alright then! Here's another favorite of mine. The visuals are seriously great in this movie, holy fuck.

Another one, the full image. Made by the original character designer if I'm not mistaken.

The real problem is you can't buy it without VPN.

I'm pretty sure there's a college Mitsuha variant of this, but I'm not certain.

That one is the combination of two pictures, and yes, from the original designer.

Another variant, just the background this time!
Nice digits. Also it's a pretty neat combination of the two.

“Of course I am happy when people mention Miyazaki's and my name in the same breath. It feels like a dream. But I know that they are praising ‘Your Name’ too much because of course, I am not on a par with Miyazaki,” Shinkai commented.

The 43-years old director also said that he did not want Miyazaki, the man behind classical hits, such as Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro to see his movie, “Because he will see all its flaws”.

Wth I love shinkai now

>“Of course I am happy when people mention Miyazaki's and my name in the same breath. It feels like a dream. But I know that they are praising ‘Your Name’ too much because of course, I am not on a par with Miyazaki,” Shinkai commented.
>The 43-years old director also said that he did not want Miyazaki, the man behind classical hits, such as Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro to see his movie, “Because he will see all its flaws”.

Literally every creator ever. People just blow this off for a reason.

this is a really nice, clean and imposing image

Most of the promotional stuff I've found for the movie is like this. It compliments the actual visuals really well, honestly.

>Hand Drawn
>Not 3d with music by the man who niggerfied american history

It'll do shit in the west

>Not 3d with music by the man who niggerfied american history

Haha, what?

Will he do it? Will he be the first non-Miyazaki anime to get an oscar?

Is there a no text version?

Moana. It has music by the guy who wrote Hamilton so it is the best animated movie of all time, like how Hamilton is the greatest musical of all time.

I don't know myself, maybe someone else does.
We can only hope that life finds way. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Best Animated Feature Film
"Kubo and the Two Strings"
"Moana"
"My Life as a Zucchini'
"Sing"
"Zootopia" *WINNER

Why??

to be honest, the other animated movies are pretty weak.

>"My Life as a Zucchini'
>"Sing"

I know you're shitposting, but shut up user.

My question is what happened to kimi no nawa's nomination?

If you don't know what the list is, don't post

there aren't any oscar nominations yet. what's lister there is the golden globes. which is basically shittier than the oscars.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/74th_Golden_Globe_Awards
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/89th_Academy_Awards#Schedule

This user's got it right. Golden Globes are discount Oscars in every way to the normie eye, so it doesn't really matter.

So what'd you think of the ending? I think the credits showing the life Taki and Mitsuha had after meeting up again and having them remember everything was an odd choice for some credits footage, but I'm not complaining.

)':

IMAX version best ending.

I know! Showing them getting married was pretty great, but I liked having them reunite at the cafe that Taki went to in High School and the shot of them on the cliffs during Katawaredoki to remember!

it hurts bros

Unintentionally successful tactic to make people rewatch it. If the ending was completely wish-fulfillment, the audience will just watch it once.

I know, it's just a little joke. I actually really like the ending and all the interpretations it has. It allows you to think of what could happen next in their lives. I would think that they would visit the mountain and experience Katawaredoki to remember everything after they got to know eachother to fall in love all over again, but someone might call that cheesy and think of something else and no one is really wrong. It's nice.

Why are these threads dying so quickly compared to last weeks or even yesterdays? These got to bump limit and lasted several days, did we wear out the topic or something?

Are you implying Na Wa is any better than those?

The amount of people who haven't seen this movie but still hating on it is astounding.

Guys, you don't have to try that hard to be anti-mainstream. Famous stuffs can be good too, you know.

Kubo's ending objectively ruins the artistic integrity of the movie.
Zootopia doesn't stick in your mind like Kimi does and is overall just standard.
Can't speak for the newer ones like Sing or Moana but I haven't heard many good things about them from people I know.
This too. I get that we're known for being contrarian but come the fuck on.

It's like you discuss the same episode repeatedly. Unless there's some more material, it won't go that fast.

so did they actually meet at the end
my guess is no

Yeah, I guess discussion is more lively during times where people actually have the chance to see it. Maybe when there's more screenings or the BD releases.

Why the fuck was Domino jealous of all people?
He typically doesn't give a shit about the industry.

The Oscars are a fucking joke.
Wards are practically bought and "judges" or whatever they are won't give a shit about an animated film unless it has the Disney logo on it.

Wrong.
Shinkai is like his kouhai. He said it in a joking manner tho. He wants to BTFO both Shinkai and Anno by his next movie.

>no decent torrent
Why