Kizumonogatari part 3 opens to a dismal 9th place with 85m...

Kizumonogatari part 3 opens to a dismal 9th place with 85m, this is down from part 2's already disappointing 8th place opening for 100m.

What happened? How did SHAFT fuck up so hard?

They didn't manage to turn a shitty story into a good one.

I'm not a SHAFTfag but I thought both parts were good, well directed, very nice soundtrack. Nice pacing as well, never felt left behind and everything was as expected in a sense. Can't see how this is the studios fault really.

Monogatari is dying. Time kills everyone.

Looks like shit, oversaturation of monogatari, and the blatant jewing of splitting it into 3 separate movies.

It's 3 parts of a property that, while popular, is still relatively niche. The only shit that gets away with that is stuff with diehard autismo fans, like Harry Potter, Persona, and the ilk. Persona fans buy literally anything Persona-esque, even dogshit spinoff games. Monogatari fans are, for the most part, waiting for all 3 parts to be released, then getting a version where they're interspliced.

It's not like these are actual 'films' either, they're like 45~1h. Not worth the price of entry.

They made a movie for a niche audience. Had they made a movie that appeals to a wider audience the movie would have seen more success, but then you'd still hate it for being normie shit.

Source?

They made it a 3 parter for nothing more than shekels. They deserve failure.

It suffers from the same issue the Hobbit movies did: splitting what should be 1 movie or a TV series into 3 movies.

It pretty easy to see where the mistake is at. They chose to delayed a movie that should of happen in 2012 when the popularity of the series was still there for them to make an explosive amount of cash. They waited too long and split it into a three part movie which made them miss their chance on making a big profit. Now the franchise is slowly decaying and the popularity isn't the same as it was then despite still selling well.

People also complained about the movies feeling stretched and because of stuff being omitted it led to casual viewers being lost on what exactly was happening and also for fans being bored about what was going on. The cliffhangers wasn't all that interesting and people ended up forgetting the contents of the movie quickly because of the long pauses between the releases of the movies. Also, som people just didn't like the idea of going to the cinema to see the movies everytime.

I wonder if they will admit their mistake with padding this out into three separate movies and release a director's cut with all the fluff cut out.
Probably too much to expect from a low effort studio like Shaft.

They waited far too long. TV Monogatari series sell 1/4 of what they used to.

Yeah man, SHAFT totally makes that decision. Well done dude.

Kinda funny yet sad that even Monogatari in it's lowest still sales more then a lot of TV anime that currently gets made with a few exception of some series hitting high ranking sales beside it. But, I doubt they would have the longevity the monogatari sales has been having for years despite the slow decline in sales.

why's this shit in 3 parts?

It's still around 1/3 (owari sold 29k average during the year). If it was an impressive one part movie it could even have introduced new people to the series, instead of just selling to the people who already bought all the series so far and would want to watch 3 one hour movies, in which barely anything happens at the first one.

Greed and hubris

Dropping slower than Fate did anyway and Fate started lower.

basically

People boycotting because they know just how much they shafted Cat for a fucking crab.

>wanting the giant slut after Nekomonogatari revealed she was in complete control the entire time and just wanted to be a massive whore

I'll stick to bat, crab, snail, or anyone else.

They waited too long.
I would have paid for it if it got out 3 years ago, but after waiting 5+ years, I will eighter never watch it or wait a little longer to download it.

>tease the movie for 6 years
>when it comes out it is a plodding drawn out mess
>ask for people to buy tickets 3 times

In the old days if you fucked up this hard you'd be expected to commit ritual bukkake in japan you know.

It's the fucking part 3 of a very niche trilogy. What did you expect?

Should have been 1 movie but aniplex are retarded.

>complains about a girl waiting to be a whore
>would chose snake instead
a-user

The only big problem i have with kizu is that fucking ugly dark souls like cgi

I like it.

... so... any links yet?

I'm still excited.

That three movie split is annoying as fuck.
Two 90 minute movies might have been fine since at least that would have been a normal length for a movie.

get out of Sup Forums

I don't think that's quite the same.
Didn't the hobbit add a lot of fluff to make three pretty long movies out of source material that's too short for that, while Kizu just split an appropriate amount of content for what it's adapting into three way too short movies?

fpbp

get out of Sup Forums

make me, nerd

That is true, and there's also the fact that the hobbit movies still make bank at the box office despite being crap. Kizu is just an unmitigated disaster on all fronts.

by the time im done with you you wont forget my dick

fine by me I really like cocks

o-oh

>That's gonna be the theatrical poster that'll be given out

It's shit.

Kizumonogatari is one volume. Making one volume into three parts was fucking retarded. I have no idea what they were thinking. It's supposed to be something you read through in one sitting. The tension builds up and then you get the climax. Making it 3 parts kills all hype. Also, they waited so long to make this that anyone who cares has already read the novel.

A friendly reminder box office for all 3 parts should be summed altogether in order to calculate the success of a movie.

And the bar of success should also be 3 times higher since they paid for triple the screens/advertising/animation.

No, the actual budget of all 3 movies is just a little bit lower than 1 average anime movie budget.