Onihei

Episode 1 is airing right now. Historical anime about an edo period cop who cracks down on criminals and shit. The first anime of M2, Masao Maruyama's new studio.
There's literally zero hype around this anime, let's just see if it's any good.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=887632
youtube.com/watch?v=AnQTjc3hlII
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know jap though, give me a call if it gets picked up for subbing.

No one picked it up? Shit, not even CR who picks up everything gives a shit.

Actually I'm not sure, it may have been picked up, but I saw someone else saying in the last thread that it was still up in the air.
However I'm not really in the know so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's Amazon Prime exclusive, so CR can't touch it.
I hope Commie will rip it again like Fune wo Amu.

any chink stream or anything like that ?

Looks nice, its a shame no one is subbing it

Crap, I only caught the preview (and a Koike Lupin ad).

>\_(ツ)_/¯
Fuck off.

Subs are out on yaan.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=887632
Video/audio later.

Thanks! I guess Commie or someone else will work this out later.

I think I'm gonna watch it

Keep the thread comfy guys.

I hope it's not as boring as it seems.

This and ACCA are the only shows I've been looking forward to. I hope its pretty good.

>I'm a fag.
Calm down.

nice one

>Subs out before video
Well that's new.
ACCA sound interesting but the artstyle seem very yaoi-ich.

but will it include rakugo?

ACCA's by Natsume Ono. You might know her from Ristorante Paradiso and House of Five Leaves.

didn't know her but looked up these two

certainly interesting thank you user

>House of Five Leaves.
Picked the fuck up.

I see, thank you. I'll give it a go.

I'd prefer a story about a cop in the Meiji era, but Edo is fine too.

>ACCA sound interesting but the artstyle seem very yaoi-ich.

It's just the art style, they're trying to get the fujo audience, just like cute girls are used to pander towards males. Doesn't make it automatically gay though.

>It's Amazon Prime exclusive, so CR can't touch it.
So is it Amazon Prime UK exclusive? I can't find it, I'm US.

It happened with Fune wo Amu last season too, Amazon seem to released it weekly in every region except the US.

Can confirm it's on UK. Apparently I have Prime and didn't know it because I can watch it right now.

Any caps? I want to see the style of it.

I love some historical shit but I don't want to watch some ugly garbage.

but you like every show ledouche

>Edo has been suffering from crimes led by Tanbei of Chigashira. Heizo is faced with a mystery when jailed Kumehachi claims that he is not the real Tanbei. Kumehachi remembers Tanbei as a boss who abides by the three articles of a true thief. Heizo took Kumehachi's word and ordered him to find the real Tanbei.
First episode synopsis on Amazon.

Sounds interesting as fuck.

I'm down to try everything more like.

This is one of the few things this season that actually looked interesting to me, here's hoping that Amazon drops the episode soon.

found the trailer, looks generic tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=AnQTjc3hlII

>Hosoya
Picked up.

Just watched the first episode.

It's not bad, but the animation was a bit lacking.

>the first episode was outsourced to a Korean studio

It's not on nyaa though

He's probably from the UK and has amazon prime.

I'm not seeing it on Amazon Prime and I'm in the US. Can confirm.

I didn't watch that. What end up happening? Absolutely nothing? Released late or something?

The subs came out... 4 days I think? after the initial airing for each episode of Fune no Amu.

(it was a mediocre show btw - it did have some really fantastic moments scattered throughout, but the plot was just loosely strung together and there were plenty of scenes that weren't even remotely interesting. It's an alright show to watch if you can identify with the MC's personality, but it won't do much for you otherwise)

Yeah I did some digging into Fune wo Amu. It's not up on Prime Video. The movie is there but the anime is not. I found it on the usual suspects' site done by Commie in full. I suppose that we'll have to wait for a sub group to pick Onihei up. Thanks for the info and what you thought about Fune wo Amu. Into the backlog it goes but it doesn't sound interesting enough to watch soon. I'll get around to it eventually. I hope Onihei comes out soon because I'm a sucker for this kind of premise.

Might be found under "The Great Passage" unless you've already checked that out.

It doesn't come up for that search topic either but Great Land Battles of the 20th Century does along with some travel videos. Thanks for the idea though. I didn't check that beforehand.

>The subs came out... 4 days I think? after the initial airing for each episode of Fune no Amu.

Fune wo Amu was simulcast on Amazon in the UK and Germany (and Japan, I guess). Not sure where you got the 4 days late thing from.

I think he meant four days late in the US.

It hasn't showed up in the US at all.

I watched it in shit quality on himado

[smelly] subs are out, downloading now

I'm not familiar with smelly subs but thanks for the heads up.

Sounds like lots of fun, it's always good to have at least one period show to watch. I hope someone subs it.

Even if it's UK exclusive, we'll still be getting subs and can pirate it through HorribleSubs.

>Even if it's UK exclusive, we'll still be getting subs and can pirate it through HorribleSubs.
Uh no. HS didn't do Fune wo Amu last season and it was the exact same situation.

I don't think HS is going to rip Amazon shows. They were later than Commie sometimes with Battery, and didn't even bother with Fune wo Amu and Vivid Strike.

Ah, danke.

Is there a way we can request shows for him to rip?

They don't rip it because there's no way to rip stuff from Amazon.

OP is great

Someone did. And it was pretty good. Not boring at all.

the source material has pretty weak reception and the PV looked very boring, hopefully it turns out decent

Shame a show with such a nice style and atmosphere needs to make due with DR subs, but to be honest I thought the fight scene was pretty nice. Adequate animation elevated by good direction and post.
Anyway, this is probably why the episode they showed at the preairing was ep 2.

Why's that? And can't Britfags just copy the subs and put them in the raws manually?
And can't we just use a UK VPN?

No one has circumvented their DRM. Though yes, you can get the subs quite easily and put them on raws if you want to. But HS will never do that because it can't be completely automated.

the lighting effects in this show are going to give me a seizure

You need an amazon prime UK account, a vpn can't do that.

I just watched the first episode.

I don't know, i didn't think it was anything too special.

The animation was pretty bad, all the characters looked so stiff. And I'm not really psyched about having an "ex" rapist potentially being the MC.

Technically, he only tried to rape the chick. The real issue was the fucking pacing. There was no real transitions between time leaps, and it made the whole thing confusing. It felt like a shitty one off OVA more than an introductory episode to a series.

This show has good intentions but not nearly enough talent and/or budget to pull it off.

One or two shots looked alright, the rest ranged from meh to awful. Chara-design is a mess, animation was almost nonexistant. It really looked like a amateur production sometimes.

Also I'm would have preferred that the show focuses on the underdog thief who got released rather than the detective.

I'll give it one more episode. Art was lame, animation is okay but they move the camera too much and it's jarring. for a period piece, it lacks atmosphere. Could have taken some pointers from Shigurui and Five Leaves.

Yes, this post never happened. It's just a conspiracy theory - nothing to see here.

I thought the episode was alright, but then I went in with extremely low expectations. It's not a masterpiece, but it doesn't look like it will be a terrible series either.

Eh it was not that bad or boring. Easier to follow than 3gatsu or Great Passage.

You must have a double digit IQ if you think 3gatsu or fune wo amu were hard to follow

You must have a single digit IQ if you think that was the point of his post.

I liked it. Definitely a must watch for me

this
this one bit right here felt like it came out of inferno cop

Liked it.

But this better has some greater plot going on. If it's going to be 1 story/week like the preview of ep2 suggested then that's going to suck hard.

>non-blood related imouto
doujins when?

It was bad...dropped

>Natsume Ono

WHY YOU DIDNT TELL US SOONER

Pretty lacking in many aspects, but I'm really liking the music.

I like the style. It combines well painted backgrounds with decent character design and knows how to use CGI to its benefit. The one glaring flaw is the background characters when he challenges the big guy and even though the models were shit they at least animated them. Music was good if a bit pretentious. Acting was decent. The one stand out scene was the action sequence between the Arson Theft Control group and the band of thieves. It is well blocked and interesting. I'll definitely be watching the next episode.