Would you change something about Death Note?

>Tfw when people say it was shit

eliminate the power ups in hard moments, at least

Get rid of Near and have L catch Light beyond the grave somehow.

Have it end the way they wanted to on volume 7 like they hinted in Bakuman. They both died in public and it ends there.

>have L catch Light beyond the grave somehow.
The would have been lame and ruined what Ryuk said at the end.

it was shit

I'm not sure if I would have L live or win somehow like the live action movies did, but yeah the second half was such dogshit that the entire thing needs to be thrown out.

Light becoming a ridiculously silly sociopath who kills his own dad while laughing is what killed the series, not L dying.

Reminder that Light is literally going to be played by someone from the Naked Brothers Band

too many white people

it's fanbase

well duh, Light killed all the criminals.

Would have made Near a cute loli. He didn't need to be some dime store L and the show needed more of a cute female presence. Death Notes slime pickings waifu-wise was what really let it down.

Delete the entire second half/the parts that occured after Ls death.

Ryuk kills Light after L dies, proclaiming that he bores him now.

A more spiced up second half after L died.

Near and Mello were okay in their own right but they should have come together and overcame L. Instead they go about doing things their own way. If you're going to kill of the main adversary to the MC then the least you can do is replace that adversary with something better, especially when the previous adversary was so damned interesting.

Its aspect ratio.

Misa would not exist. The whole thing would center on the relationship between Light and L, and would end when that conflict ceased.

People who say Death Note are contrarian little faggots, up to and including episode 25 it is a fucking masterpiece.

L Doesn't die he catches Light at the end but dies doing so (maybe he writes his own name on the Death Note giving himself as much time a possible or something)

Fucking savage.

End it when L dies, final chapter is a random person finding a piece of evidence which would incriminate Light. Open-ended ending where this character is choosing between Light's new world and bringing him to justice.

Stop after season one.

Remove Near, have matsuda discover light was the killer through Lights incompetence instead.

instead they just made a carbon copy of the first adversary, lazy writing really.

Like everyone else said, Near was an annoying asshole so get rid of him.
Also have Light getting outsmarted be a bit less of an asspull. Like that one guy made a perfect copy of the notebook in one night? Give me a break. Also Near's entire plan would've gone to shit if Light had just asked his lackey to carry a page of the death note on him just in case.

Not the same guy but
>The would have been lame
Not if done correctly, and still a hundred times better than what there is now
>and ruined what Ryuk said at the end.
Who cares. If it ruins it, then change what he says. If what he says is more important to you than the show being good, then you're in the minority.

I didn't watch the movie, but isn't the whole twist there that L faked his death by writing his own name in the death note and setting it to a later date? Pretty clever way of getting around being killed himself, and outsmarting Light, but at the cost that he's doomed to die.

>don't lose to the wannabe L autist, lose to an actual fucking retard
Wow u good

I really liked it as is. Maybe Near could have used a little more development but I've never really had an issue with that.

Maybe a more concrete answer as to what happens to a death note user when they die but the heavy implication of Ryuk's line in the beginning of the series serves fine.

I've just watched this title first time yesterday, and my first expression is mixed. Really liked the beginning and the end, about 6 episodes of each, but everything in the middle is total disaster.
1) L death is absolutely de-voided of sense.
2) N and his fuckbuddy. I hate when they do that - adding new characters in the middle of the title. That makes creators look like they don't know what to do with it.
3) Company arc is pointless. It's boring, and it gives us almost nothing.

>Maybe a more concrete answer as to what happens to a death note user when they die
They get a cameo appearance on Death Parade.

There's a special chapter out somewhere that I read. Basically when a death note user dies then you remove all of the deaths that you've caused, I forget if after that you just repeat ad nauseum or if it's just a void/limbo after that

>Company arc is pointless. It's boring, and it gives us almost nothing.

>that face Light makes when he finally touches the notebook
>that music
>writes the guy's name on a piece of paper hidden in his watch
>turns to L and thinks to himself "ur next" weaeing that classic smirk
>he was actually fucking next
Arc may have been boring but the payoff was godlike.

I dont know anything about the movie, but that sounds pretty cool. They could have had a thing were light thinks hes giing up against his dad but cant predict any of his moves because hes actually battleing L. Already a far better concept than a midget L being introduced to do what L couldnt do with barley a fraction of the effort

Have Light win I have no idea why they decided to do some stupid moralfag ending

End the series with the result of Light vs L.

Have Light win and kill himself many years later. Make him become a Shinigami.

Make light win.

>that feel when when
I want MAL to leave

Oh come now user, do you really get a ship on your shoulder when someone makes an indolent mistake like that? Do you get mad every time someone says automatic ATM machine? For all intensive purposes it may as well be the same thing.

>what L couldnt do with barley a fraction of the effort

L was fighting against the unknown. Near had a lot more information, he knew about Death Notes, he knew L died investigating the Japanese team, and he only won because Light dropped the ball hard making Mikami carry the Death Note at the end, instead of just carrying a piece big enough to write the names and then swallow it.

In fact, why did Light even leave it in the hands of Mikami? Light was scrupulous enough to write in one of his little pieces of Death Note the exact sequence of actions Mikami would have to play and then have him die without making any mistakes. He was planning to get rid of Mikami anyway.

The author didn't have any idea of how to write an ending with Light winning. Light losing implies just getting back to the status quo, it's easier. That, or maybe they had editorial pressure to make a moralfag ending. It would have been easy to show how the criminal world would adopt to Kira's existence, in fact the mere implication that Kira could stop war, let alone most of organized crime, is really stupid.

The show should have dropped all pretenses of morality or social commentary and just focus on what it was; a battle of wits between detective and criminal.

Set it in the Philippines.

Is this movie still happening? Last I heard it had the High School Musical guy in it

make L female.

really not sure why so many Mangaka are so against opposite sexual tension between rivals, but are all about the Foe yay shit.

>light was scrupulous enough to write in one of his little pieces of Death Note the exact sequence of actions Mikami would have to play and then have him die without making any mistakes. He was planning to get rid of Mikami anyway.
not that user but holy shit he could of done that I forgot light could control the actions before death he even tested it. In the second act it seemed like light got real naive he practically gave it away by doing really suspicious shit wasn't he aware that aizawa was suspicious of him why didn't act on that

I'd change it so that /n/ won by just being suspicious with no evidence.

N just gets a meeting with Light after talking with him for a while and has him killed.

Really anti-climatic, but Misa gets away with a death note leaving the fate of the world ambiguous if she will keep writing names or not

>watched

Opinion discarded

A protagonist that isn't retarded.

>Light tests it on criminals
>Light uses it on bankers, executives, politicians, monarchs
>world becomes more utopia like
>Light reveals himself
>Light becomes a god emperor
>Light has full control of society
>Light's only goal is to create a society in which a person with a Death Note could never succeed
>Light now has the authority to do it
>Light is killed (sacrifices himself) by the task force/mechanisms he put into place, resting assured that no one on this planet will get away with using a Death Note for power (because who knows, maybe they won't be as benevolent as he was).
>Light has killed many people, but he's done the world justice. He goes to neither heaven nor hell, but lives as a "demon"

It's the only satisfying and logical story to tell.

>Not if done correctly, and still a hundred times better than what there is now
L somehow stopping Light from 'beyond the grave' would be instant dog-shit and undermine everything the show was going for. It's about two geniuses on equal footing trying to out smart each other.

I'd get rid of the "filler" that plagued this series. It dips in several places like the introduction of Misa, the Yotsuba arc (up until L's death which was actually pretty shocking), and finally everything up until Light's death.
It should have ended by the Investigation team and Near slowly turning on Light one by one and Light slowly losing his mind due to paranoia set in by L and maybe killing his father out of anger which leads to his capture. Doesn't draw it out too long after L's death and ends it neatly while still killing Light.

>The show should have dropped all pretenses of morality or social commentary and just focus on what it was; a battle of wits between detective and criminal.

it never had any pretenses
the author said Death Note was solely made to entertain with it's thrilling mystery elements

Light killing L is the right ending. L was as evil as Kira was. He was willing to manipulate and kill people to serve his ends.

have a new ending where light wins

that'd have unironically been a great ending

>but they should have come together and overcame L
They did. Twice. Well, the second was a bit of a concidence although Mello knew what he was doing, and the first was omitted in the anime.

I wouldn't call what they were doing "working together" by any stretch of the imagination.

They actively cooperated when they kidnapped Mogi (was that his name?) and Mello sacrified his life to give Near a chance. They never really got together except for the former case, but they still were in contact through that agent girl so that makes two times where they worked together.

He's having the police do their job and uses mind tricks to get to Kira and stop the murder of thousands. Calling L evil is plainly, objectively wrong when he just did the necessary to stop the murders.

What? This is bullshit, he can burn the Death Note anyday so he doesn't have to "make" a society where it'd be useless.

That's what Mello would do. Near would want to fuck Light psychologically. He didn't even give his men instructions to shoot Light if they lost.

Also, Light would've lost either way since he said "I won" before the first heart attack would happen and the men in the room would have a few more seconds to shoot him

No, Zac Efron was what everyone speculated to be a good Light, he lost his boyish charm now and is too old looking to pull it off.

this white washed Death note will be a netflix drama series SOON

have an alternate last episode where Light wins and kills off all possible threats, it will be a special OVA for theaters

>Lightfags believe this
>Lightfags are actually a thing

>it never had any pretenses

They had all that forced shit of Kira going "lol I stopped wars" and L saying "he's evil anyway" that should have been totally avoided because it just fueled edgy kids on both sides. Like this faggot

>Light reveals himself
>Is immediately killed by all the people who has something to lose with his murderous ways
>world goes back to normal

Fucking kids with their shitty fanfics, thinking you can actually improve the world in any way with such a limited weapon.

Lightfags make me mad. They couldn't name even 3 people whose deaths would improve the world. They seriously think random fucks in South America would stop kidnapping girls and selling them into sexual slavery, that random fucks in Africa would stop killing children because they were born in another village just because an idiot in Japan could kill them at distance if he ever learns how to write their names. They think they could stop militar intervention in Syria by killing Putin (hell I would like that they try, just to have Japan instantly bombed into oblivion by Russia). Hell, you can't even stop school shootings with a Death Note!!

Lightfags are the worst.

L fags aren't that bad, but still, L was a guy that was on it just by sport.

that's just the readers projecting their desires on an edgy character

Light was edgy but he was a damn well entertaining serial killer to watch, and to see L track him down and try to prove he was the killer made it a great anime and manga for me

Somehow have L and Light both kill each other.

>to see L track him down and try to prove he was the killer made it a great anime and manga for me

Yeah, that was the best part, and we wouldn't have any edgy fucks if the authors had avoided Light's lines at the very end when he said war has stopped and crime rate has been reduced by 70%. So, I would change that, and we would have an enjoyable intellectual fight with a few acceptable plot holes and nothing else.

Why are you so mad over people liking Light?

I explained that here But also I had a bad experience with a Lightfag years ago, and I'm kinda projecting. Anyway, people so proudly embracing such an objectively stupid opinion triggers my autism.

I like Misa as character but I hate that she got the Death Note. Totally ruined intellectual duel aspect of the show for me, even more than Mello or Near. They got their reason to exist or whatever. Misa is just asspull of the worst kind, that helped Yagami, more than she should.

But it did work
You can't say it didn't if it effectively ended war and brought about a huge drop in criminality
You can't apply real worl logic, you have to look at the results in that world

To be honest, criminality was alive enough to pull all kind of bullshit under Mello. Kira is somewhat overrated in opular opinion.

Well a 70% drop implies 30% remains, more than enough to pull off a couple of kidnappings

Don't imply Light is a genius at the start.

That way his idiocy would be more justified.

But it doesn't make sense according to real world logic, and yet Lightfags keep insisting they would fix our world doing that. It's Ayn Rand levels of bullshit, trying to take an example from fiction as an argument for how the real world works.

Also, what retarded Lightfags also often forget is that the one saying that there are no wars and almost no delinquence was Kira himself. There was no source, Matsuda provided some numbers for an effective decrease of crime, but Mello was the living proof organized crime was still working. Even his followers were corrupt. Kira was just lying to save face because he had been exposed. But Lightfags can't even realize it.

Anyway, when a show is illogical you call it on its bullshit.

Sup Forums please stay

But I'm only talking about the Death Note world, it's really stupid to try to apply anime logic to our world
L gains an intelligence boost from sitting like he does in that world, it's just how that world works
Again, 70% drop means a 30% still remains
Each universe has its own rules, don't try to use real world logic for everything

>it's really stupid to try to apply anime logic to our world

But that's what Lightfags claim, that Light logic would work in the real world, and that's why they annoy me. It's like a guy that pretended to gather an harem by being bland and doing nothing, our world doesn't work like that so don't bring up harem protagonists as an argument that it would.

Anyway, going back to the harem examples, everybody here call harem shows on their bullshit because having a mc gathering a harem of girls while having no redeeming qualities (or no qualities at all) is unrealistic. You can have fantasy elements, obviously, but if you mix something fantastic with the real world you still have to keep by the real world rules when fantasy doesn't apply, and fantasy only applies to the Death Notes and the Shinigami world. The way humanity as a whole reacts to a random murderer with magical but very limited means and such a narrow mentality doesn't have to abide by rules different than the real world's rules, and the real world isn't so simplistic.

An article I read once said that when you design a fantasy world you are allowed one freebie, one aspect of the world that can go unsupported and it will be accepted as part of suspension of disbelief. In the case of Death Note that aspect is the Death Note and Shinigami.

Now if you are a Randist then you may believe that the real world would work like Light claims so it is still just one aspect. However if you don't believe the world works the way you do then that makes two aspects of the world that don't make sense so then Death Note starts to seem unrealistic. A similar argument can be made for harem series.

I like Light, and I don't say what Light did would work
But again, it's a fantasy world, it has its own rules
I don't care about realism, only internal consistency
And allowing only one fantastical element is enormously restrictive
By that logic LotR completely shatters suspension of disbelief because of its many fantasy elements