aww.moe/fgh6oe.mp4
youtu.be/1w4svZHsm0c?t=1333
is.Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=HNlFauyO6pY
youtube.com/watch?v=PiCdlVKoyuo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was like being to the top.

You ever been to the top?
Just listen, let me tell you. Hear what your missing, shut up and listen.

Nobody in Sup Forums is that old.

Y-yeah.

DO YOU LIKE
MY CAR

There are 18 year olds on this board right now that were born after initial d aired

TAKE ME TO THE TOP

GET YOUR CREDIT CARD.

COOL VIBRATIONS

>Enter Initial D thread
>Eurobeat lyrics and shingoposting
>Remain in Initial D thread

Shingo and Nakazato are best boys.

I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS

Paper maps were a bitch. Many trips to AAA to get maps for trips to new areas.

Internet print out turn-by-turn directions in the 00's were great until you missed a turn or the data was inaccurate.

What was running in the 90s like?

aww.moe/fgh6oe.mp4

>1990 was 27 years ago
Just end it all family

In my opinion, Initial D would be better if:
>Itsuki was the protagonist
>Takumi was a one-trick pony who could only rek people on Akina's downhill in his dad's 86
>story focuses on Itsuki's gradual improvement and the local teams like the Red Suns and Night Kids instead of starting Project D and turning itself into a villain of the week battle shounen with races instead of fights
Prove me wrong

>tfw

>s13 becomes the ultimate meme car
>no dagumi tax on 86
>no longer have to die without experiencing an 86

posting memes

ouch

>one-trick pony

I wouldn't go that far, but I do wish he actually got recorded losses. There were at least 4 races he should have straight up lost.

Alternatively it could even not have a single protag at all and just focus on the teams' relationships and their more important members. Less of a battle shounen with races and more of a space opera with races. Itsuki having a major role would still be useful for non-car people to get everything explained to them as he matures as a racer.

Anyone have that pic of Takumi and Itsuki sitting against one of their cars and drinking coffee? I need that aesthetic

Whoops, didn't see this pic was already posted

Itsuki already does that, along with Iketani and Yuuichi.

Which reminds me I was thinking Iketani is going to grow up to become the new Yuuichi. Works at a gas station, friend of a legendary driver, says he used to race in his youth, still sometimes rides in Takumi's car to shit himself at corners.

kek

If I had to guess I'd say the oldest people regularly on the board are early 30s.

I tried watching second stage but got turned off by the animation style,is it still worth a watch?

Thank

No, first stage is the only good stage

I WANNA DANCE

It was shit in 'murica
You were surrounded by shitty Ford Aerostars and pimped out 80s sports cars, like Pontiacs. If you found yourself a straight-away to drag race, some dumb guy in a pickup truck would ruin everything.
G-good times actually. We didn't have the god-teir nip cars though.

youtu.be/1w4svZHsm0c?t=1333
Posting the best moment

f-fuck

is.Sup Forums.org/wsg/1484007694519.webm

SAVE ME
BABY I NEED YOU PLEASE SAVE ME NOW
From this spaghetti spilling

You obviously didnt live through the 90s

Hey I'm 18 but at least I can drive. A lot of people here don't even have a license and they're in their late twenties.

youtube.com/watch?v=HNlFauyO6pY

>Itsuki
No
Takumi is my self insert I need this

gonna get you
like a sleep boy
zz zz zz zzz

I'm in the middle of the third stage and just spoil me a thing.
Does Nakazato ever win a race or all the other characters keep pretending that he's good even if he never wins? Will he confess his true feelings for Shingo?

>in the middle of the third stage
isn't that a movie?

Yes but I have a short attention span. I watch 20 minutes at a time.

Oh, okay. I don't recall anything that important involving Nakazato but I haven't watched since 2014 so I could be wrong. If you don't already know, every single piece of animation after 3rd Stage will be worse and you'll be better off reading the manga.

Manga Night Kids aren't nearly as closeted.

I'm pretty sure you never see him in a race after he loses to Keisuke, although you do see him more generally later.

>A lot of people here don't even have a license and they're in their late twenties.
S-shut up

No. A lot of the old characters get the shaft in 4th and 5th stage when Ryosuke and Co become Dagumi's new BFFs

WELCOME TO THE NIGHT

youtube.com/watch?v=PiCdlVKoyuo
Why was this a bad ending?

Reposting from the last thread:

>no race between Ryosuke and Keisuke to show that Keisuke surpassed his older brother, we're simply told and expected to believe that Keisuke surpassed him
>no rematch between Keisuke and Takumi after the end of Project D despite being alluded to several times since the start of the project
>no race between Takumi and Bunta
>no race in which Takumi races against a 4WD vehicle after beginning to drive the WRX
>no race in which Takumi applies things he learned about 4WD vehicles while driving the WRX

>instead, the last race is against some kid who's intended to be the same as Takumi but better, but is actually the same but worse, and the kid uses a vehicle and a driving style which make no sense and would have resulted in a quick loss in the real world.

>A lot of people here don't even have a license and they're in their late twenties.
Because I live in a place with good enough public transportation to make having/driving an expensive vehicle redundant.

But did any of that happen in the manga?

>I'm going to turn 27 this year

end it please

Will you be canonized into the wizardly order this year?

No, I can no longer become a wizard.

I didn't read the manga, but the only races I'm aware of getting cut from the anime are some of Keisuke's races in the early half of 4th Stage.

Then again, I know the equivalent of the start of 4th Stage occurs before chapter 200 in the manga, while the manga goes on for over 700 chapters. Maybe some things did get cut.

I do, however, know the final race is the same in both the manga and anime. It's not like Takumi raced Keisuke or Bunta after the project finished.

Initial D has no friendly races shown ever, mostly only to assert dominance over an area. Not that it couldn't have used some but it's not weird that some of those don't happen - people also complain about conditions or freak conditions in the races, but they retain some formidability for the opponents in the form of benefit of doubt.

Honestly, I feel like the biggest problems 5th Stage has is that it's a continuation of 4th Stage, and it still has Project D making the races have no narrative weight behind them. Ideally, 4th Stage would have Takumi finding a way to beat the WRX, since every previous Stage had him overcoming a hurdle that took him the entire season to overcome.

Less cars everywhere I was. Simple cars to work on. Simple controls that were minimalistic (in the cars I drove) Cars still had unique looks because they didn't care that much about aerodynamic coefficients of drag so much yet.

Uh, you could still spoof cops radar detectors with jammers... until laser came along. No cameras usually, they didn't have computers in the cars yet so they still needed proof of insurance.

You were much more engaged on the actual act and enjoyment of driving with less distractions. If you had a nice car in high school you could literally pick up chicks in another county and bang some middle schoolers and drive them home no biggie.

Rainx was great. There was less regulation in our state about what you could do with your car.

Uh, I'm 42 ask me anything. I drove 4 different Jap imports at the time.

how many bastards

What hurdle did he overcome in 3rd stage?

NTR

Somewhere between 2 and 3 million.

Why aren't you peeps answering the ops question?

God, The animation is so simple and yet complicated at the same time. It's like fluid fucking actual fucking true anime style.

>Ideally, 4th Stage would have Takumi finding a way to beat the WRX
Given who was driving it, that's really too soon for that to happen.

Perhaps he should have learned how to beat 4WD cars more generally, by racing against a 4WD car as the final race of the stage.

I mean, he did race Sudo in 3rd Stage, but that was a "draw." It would have been interesting to have Takumi actually acknowledge that he had a weakness against 4WD, causing him to seek out 4WD opponents outside of Gunma. That would have been significantly better that Project D's "car of the week" structure.

I don't think the purpose of the training was ever to beat 4WD, but to refine his driving to the point where it didn't matter. Near the end of the 5th stage, Kyosuke says that when Takumi is in the zone, he can drive at AE86 as though it were 4WD. Bunta also comments that he might not have much left to teach Takumi after he inspects the tire wear.

It's the shading. It's hard to find that kind of detail now that everything is in HD.

Digital coloring and lighting has ruined everything, even as a slideshow with bad CGI first stage is the second best looking stage behind 3rd.

How do we stop the downward spiral?

holy fuck that webm
What is he driving? Can anyone tell from the steering wheel?
I know he's going against a skyline. dat beautiful skyline butt

The wheel looks aftermarket so I don't think that'll tell you much.

The little camera in the bottom left is from the car tailing him. He's driving an FC

RX7 FC
You can tell by the BRRRRAPs.

>Could never finish Fourth Stage

It just kinda wore off its welcome.
Great music still, but the plot goes down the shitter.

Thanks anons
Damn
Now I need to get myself one of those, teleport back in time and drift with some kids in Japan

Bang some middle schoolers
is 42 and posts on Sup Forums
sounds about right

How come the janky and obvious CG of first stage is somehow still better than how they handle it in most modern anime?

because it reminded you of Playstation and you know Playstation was fucking sick

I used to bang middle schoolers when I was in high school durrrr. I rarely have sex with children anymore.

Without going that far, there's still a lot of aesthetic there that isn't regularly capped and posted.

>rarely

Yeah. Very infrequently. It's much harder these days with mind washed, medicated kids, stupid laws and the fact I am getting older and becoming more of a shut in and inflexible/lazy in my ways.

>I will never drive dad's old Chevy Monza from the '89
Back then chevys were ok

>aesthetic
please never post again

Aren't you serious

>rarely

1 is best, 2-3 are watchable, Extra Stages gave my dick my Sayuki yearns, and pretend 4-5 never happened

I'm watching through First Stage right now and I'm curious about the lack of police presence in the show? You'd think they'd be braking numerous laws. Is there something I'm missing here like some kind of cultural context or does the show not care much about that angle?

did you know there are people on Sup Forums right now who don't know want to challenge the mountain passes

are you german just curious

Japanese police doesn't care at night so long as you're not bothering anyone

NIGHT OF FI YAH

Opinion: the manga is way fucking better than the show because you imagine it to be better than the CGI ever was

Only true if you listen to the right Eurobeat while reading the chapters