How dead on arrival is this show?

How dead on arrival is this show?

I thought I would enjoy reading the manga I think the art style and the characters just made it very mediocre. Is it popular because of the yuribait?

Doesn't matter, it will be shit posted just like Hibikek.

It's not even popular, and it's yuri like Yuru Yuri, meaning there are gay characters but it never amounts to anything and just played for laughs.

Its popular because its Huge Tits and Breast Envy.

I don't know, it looks so boring from what I had seen which honestly isn't much but the premise sounded boring too so I don't know.

I don't fucking care, I will masturbate to this so much that my box of tissues will end up pregnant.

considering the surprisingly strong competition I'd say it's in ICU at the least.

Its huge tits, maids, and dragon girls.

i wanna suck on their horns

If you go into this series expecting drama, romance, and plot you will be disappointed.

If you're looking for slapstick humor, gags, and PLOT you will probably enjoy it.

>this series expecting drama, romance, and plot
Non-solfags are the worst.

There's really not much humor in the manga, it's more of a "comfy" show with simple SoL episodes, few jokes here and there and some racial introspecting.

I can't wait to see KyoAni's improvements.

>he thinks KyoAni won't find a way

Isn't this the first time a Trigger show will outsell a Kyoani one?

So this will be a much better Demi-chan then?

KlK already did it in 2013.

I mean on the same year, I thought Free aired in 2013?

>yuri
Very

KlK and KnK aired in the same season

Less sale than phantom shit confirmed

kyoani will make this the greatest anime ever made.

Just a few more hours until disappointment of the season.

ded

It's going to look extremely soft and sweet but ultimately taste of nothing.

Felt the same. I liked the first couple of chapters, but then the gimmick got old and it got boring fast. The characters look awful with the massive balloon tits (Iruru almost caused me to drop this before finishing the translated chapters), and even personality-wise the only character I found likable was Kobayashi.

Kobayashi is my least liked character. She's the typical straight man, and judging by the PVs she'll just be spouting one liners at every dumb "joke" Tooru makes. Honestly if it wasn't for the color and animation this anime would fit perfectly in the (shitty) early 00s era.

>Just a few more hours until disappointment of the season.
You are off by 24 hours I think.

>Kobayashi is my least liked character. She's the typical straight man, and judging by the PVs she'll just be spouting one liners at every dumb "joke" Tooru makes. Honestly if it wasn't for the color and animation this anime would fit perfectly in the (shitty) early 00s era.
She ended up being the mum to these refugees. Many of the dragons have mental problems from PTSD caused by centuries of war. War that never seem to end and didn't seem to even have a point.

KyoAni is copying Dogakobo copying KyoAni.

>manga mediocre
KyoAni has a reputation of turning mediocre manga into pure gold.

Never ceases to amaze me how stupid and biased some of you cunts are. How about waiting, watching the first three episodes and unbiasedly forming your own opinion before shooting you mouths off like fucking idiots.

The director said it gets interesting in episode 3. RIP.

Only with people who haven't read good comedic SoLs. K-ON is just as mediocre as the manga its adapted from.

>3 episodes
"It gets good on episode 3" is a shitty excuse. It needs to be good from episode 1.

Had, now I'm not sure

Last good KyoAni show was Amagi.

Whether or not K-On! is your cup of tea or not is beside the point, it is a great anime in terms of being successful and only a fool would deny it.

THAT is a very good point. We shall see then,
won't we?

Sure, but don't equate success to gold. One implies quality, the other does not.

Gold meaning wealth. K-On! made Kyoto Animation an awful lot of profits.

It's also used for quality, like gold medals.

>inb4 the director is talking about Kanna

Since the OP implied the possible failure of Dragon Maid, I thought my meaning was clear.
I guess I was mistaken.

yes

Episode 1
Script: Yuka Yamada
Storyboard: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Episode Director: Haruka Fujita
Animation Director: Miku Kadowaki, Nobuaki Maruki

Episode 2
Script: Yuka Yamada
Episode Director: Shinpei Sawa
Animation Director: Yuki Tsunoda

Episode 3
Script: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Episode Director: Noriyuki Kitanohara
Animation Director: Kohei Okamura

Episode 4
Script: Masashi Nishikawa
Storyboard: Taichi Ishidate
Episode Director: Taiichi Ogawa
Animation Director: Chiyoko Ueno

Episode 5
Script: Fumihiko Shimo
Storyboard: Takuya Yamamura
Episode Director: Takuya Yamamura
Animation Director: Kazumi Ikeda

>takemoto says it gets interesting in episode 3
>he's writing the episode
Ego alert

>kyoani regularly makes boring source material into something BETTER
Delusional

They promoted a new episode director? Cool.

Weak, desu.

Even without the big boobs it's just another gimmicky concept "X but they're GIRLS!" otaku time killer. How many shows does that describe this season alone? People eat this shit up, though, and I plan to as well.

I'm looking forward to it.

>None of the cunts ITT have even read the manga.
>Talk shit like they know shit because of a studio.
>Almost every maid dragon thread will be like this.

I'm ready

I tried and lost interest after 15 or so chapters so I skimmed thru the rest for neat ecchi comedy. I wasn't disapointed, just wish there was more of it. Manga ain't any good unless you're a dirty pervert grasping for the only thing that gives you your lewd lesbian dragon fix.

>it's another studio wars thread

We need a ban on this shit like console wars threads on Sup Forums.

>I tried and lost interest after 15 or so chapters.

Never understood why anons say that shit.

There's a mix between comedy and lewd with sudden serious mood changes that lead to the reader learning more about a character or how huge the difference is between humans and dragons. At least for me it keeps my interest and makes me want to know more.

Not him but I can see it not being that interesting for other people. The manga doesn't particularly excels in any of the things you mention. It's a decent time waster but I wouldn't feel sad if the manga gets cancelled tomorrow.

I would.
Every COOL manga is just so full of charm.

Phantom World WAS better than the source material.
The LN was complete edgelord shit.

I just want episode 2 to air, for Kanna.

KyoAni should stop with these comedy shows. Studios like Dogakobo do it better and KyoAni shines with more serious titles with quality others can't reach.

desu I would've prefered edgelord shit than the psychedelic snoozefest (what a combination) that was that fucking show

It's being overhyped to Jupiter and back. It's just a cute gag manga, but if you stayed in the threads you'll believe this was the second coming of christ.

>psychedelic snoozefest
I thought that was Flip Flappers.

The author has a very good reputation, that´s why some fans are eagerly awaiting it.

>using their own generic artstyle instead of the manga's
I'd still watch it but what a disappointment.

The edgelord shit only happens in the unadapted book though.
Before that it's just a generic fantasy LN.

They only adapted the first novel, it's basically just episodic shit and the plot begins at the end.

Wait, they're streaming it this night or tomorrow?

Overhyped? It barely has any threads and not many people seem to have high hopes

Tomorrow

After airing we will get 5 threads for shitposting that reach 500 posts for a day, then another more than 10 threads for shitposting about random reasons like every kyoAni's seasonal anime.

>seasonal anime
You make it sound as bad as seasonal waifu.

More like I make it sound as fun as seasonal waifu shitposting.
I always love season with kyoAni anime there since the shitposting would be fun especially sales thread.

It's a KyoAni show, it will get at least some attention.

How does having several maxed out threads every week not count has overhyped?

I predict that Maidragon will be generally liked by the time it's over but there will be a small but vocal group of haters as usual.

>Threads maxed out every week
>There hasn't been a single dedicated maid dragon thread

It's always something like "How can other studios compete with kyoani" and they post a picture of tooru's design sheet.

Then shitposting ensues because studio wars

Excited for Shinpei Sawa's episode, lets see how he fares at directing.

He was an assistant ep director on Hibike S2 episode 8. I guess he'll get a full episode on VEG.

Too much competition for them this season.

Pretty good staffs. I was hoping the 1st episode is storyboarded by Ishihara since he's good at introducing characters but this is fine too. Also can't wait for 3rd episode (muh Takemoto as the writer) and 4th episode (muh IshidateXOgawa) .

>Lesbians
meh, 50/50.

So it's the worst possible pile of turd?
Gag anime are always trash, recycling the same 4 jokes until vomit, and then they try to make up for it with some bland yuri pandering that goes nowhere

I really want to see Fafnir animated.

He hardly gets an attention in the manga either

Maybe he'll get some OC.

Let's hope.

I really want to see him playing games while being snug or him making one of the intense faces he does in the manga

So like Keijo?

What I hate about this kind of show/manga is that it goes pretty well at the start, with the intereactions between the main characters.

But Japanese have to ruin everything with harem antics dumping girls one after another and killing all the charm.

And I like harems, but they should be its own thing, not something you dump into everything.

When a manga with two characters go well don't fuck it adding a bunch of girls that doesn't add a shit.

Iruru is the best thing that happened to the manga in a while.