Natsume Yuujinchou

So he wants to resolve all of the contracts in the book, right?

Why doesn't he just use the names in the book to summon each yokai and then release them afterwards?

Do people even watch this fujoshit ?

drains shit ton of energy. He may also not know how to call.

IIRC, you have to know the Yokai's appearance in addition to their name to be able to summon them.

I do!

Thats sad user.

>He may also not know how to call.
He could just ask the comic relief cat

He need to know their name to call them and he can't read ayakashi writing.

Sixth season is coming up so I suppose some do.

Some ayakashi don't want their names returned. He only returns them if they ask.

But he can. The biggest reason he doesn't, I think, is that he needs to know what the Ayakashi look like before he can do anything with their names.

I know it's not a battle manga but I really wish Natsume would learn some tricks to keep ayakashi from assaulting him. He says he wants to learn, he's at least somewhat interested in exorcist techniques, and he's got a few willing teachers. It'd be a nice way to show he's growing more and more confident and assured. Just a simple barrier or repulsion technique would work.

Did last season (last episode) suggest that Natsume is part youkai? Doesn't make sense on Reiko's part

It could be his grandfather that's yokai.

What if it's Madara? Would explain why he's so interested in protecting Natsume, and why he knows about the book of friends despite his name not being in it.

It's a possibility but it's something that's not going to be revealed anytime soon.

He needs to know how it looks like.

To learn those skills he would have to become associated with those exorcists, which he does not want to do.
Which brings another question though. Reiko wasn't just powerful, she seemed rather knowledgeable as well, but how?

>To learn those skills he would have to become associated with those exorcists, which he does not want to do.

He does want some skills and knowledge but not to work as an actual exorcist. Also he has volunteered to help to Natori many times.

Natori could teach him except he won't because he fears that would pull Natsume even further into exorcist's world. Of course he only thinks that because he does not know about Yuujinchou.

>Of course he only thinks that because he does not know about Yuujinchou

About that.

Maybe S6 will cover some important later chapters. S5 skipped one key one and adapted quite a number of chapters that came after it, that particular chapter would likely be in S6 too.

After five seasons it's getting a bit annoying that he doesn't bother to learn some basic exorcism to stop being mandhandled by yokai every week.

>Reiko meets a youkai disguised as a human who isn't an asshole to her
>They eventually fuck
Bam, part-youkai baby lineage.

Mangafag here

based on what the mango's run, season 6 would still not reveal Reiko's detailed past nor expounding Natsume's interests on Exorcism. Welp, we can see a little Natsume tho. It was so cute

>expounding Natsume's interests on Exorcism

They skipped over that chapter Natsume meet Takuma and his daughter but they showed her in the flashback episode when she didn't appeared in it so I think that chapter would animated S6.

Oh yeah that too. I almost forgot about that

I highly doubt it's Madara. There haven't been any hints like that, and there'd be several missed opportunities - he showed no sign of recognizing those dragons (the ones who probably knew Natsume's granddad), his default human form is just Reiko, etc.

>he's got a few willing teachers
Natori is pretty cool and won't force Natsume into anything but the other one doesn't take his feelings into consideration at all and has no problems using force on him. Better to stay away from that business. But I get what you're saying about using it for self-defense.