Other urls found in this thread:

hon-hikidashi.jp/enjoy/20311/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>883

JUST

Surprised it even sold 1frt desu

>*8. *,883 **,883 Flop Floppers Vol.1
Truly a mastepiece.

Thank God Nips have good taste for once.

What did he mean by this?

>*8. *,883 **,883 Flip Flappers Vol.1

What makes an edgy Hellsing rip-off and a generic volleyboll anime sell more than an artsy look into the subconscious and Jungian psychoanalysis?

Those are quite the grand terms for a generic yuribait show

Plot and using expansive dialogue that doesn't involve just the main character's names.

And we still got no rips yet. Fuck Japan and fuck fujos.

Why hasn't anyone made one of these with Mugi yet?

He's a complete faggot.

Wait for dad's computer user or Feb5th user. They promised and they will probably deliver.

>883 Flip Floppers Vol.1

At least Flip Flappers sold more than Gakuen Handsome after all!

>*8. *,883 **,883 Flip Floppers Vol.1

ON SUICIDE WATCH

>*1. 7,940 43,393 Yuri!!! on Ice Vol.

They need another nuke

t. flip flopper

Don't even know what that show is about

Woah, how?

I hate to say it but I think he likes his yuri way too much.

It's about failure.

>883
HAHAHAHAHAHA HOLYSHIT

Feels bad

Fall 2016 volume 1 sales:

*62,673 Yuri!!! on ICE
*22,003 Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru
*11,546 Haikyuu!! Third Season
*10,818 DRIFTERS

**8,339 Bungou Stray Dogs S2
**7,271 Hibike! Euphonium 2
**6,417 WWW.Working!!
**5,999 Natsume Yuujinchou Go
**4,871 ViVid Strike!
**3,412 Magic-Kyun! Renaissance

**2,565 Shuumatsu no Izetta
**2,203 Show By Rock!! #
**1,612 Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
**1,291 Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume
**1,223 Long Riders!
**1,180 Lostorage incited WIXOSS
**1,008 Gi(a)rlish Number
**1,003 Okusama ga Seitokaichou! +!

***,929 Occultic;Nine
***,883 Flip Flappers
***,860 Keijo!!!!!!!!
***,843 Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari
***,805 Dream Festival!
***,788 Stella no Mahou
***,603 Watashi ga Motete Dousunda
***,595 Gakuen Handsome
***,543 Nanbaka
***,395 Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars

>***,883 Flip Flappers
>***,860 Keijo!!!!!!!!

Flip Flappers flopping wasn't really that much of a surprise, it could easily be seen that it was far more popular in the West than in Japan (where apparently it had little-to-no advertising), and even here on Sup Forums it just has a dedicated but relatively small fanbase (ala SamFlap). What really surprised me is how poorly Girlish Number and Keijo did. I actually thought those two had a chance at selling at least 3k, and even when it started to become clear that GN was going to flop it was surprising at just how poorly it sold; I kind of expected it to have at least sold 2k.

I think Japs liked Keijo at least a little but just didn't buy it. Understandable; it had a neat gimmick but it's not worth spending $500 on

More like Flip Floppers.

Did the manga at least get a sales boost? The manga sales I could find pre-anime had the manga selling about half the volumes Fuuka sold (so around 20,000 volumes sold per volume).

>***,395 Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars
I wonder what that guy who delayed the production thinks

He has a point

Doubt it would have sold more even without the delay.

No

I'm ready to welcome our new fujo overlords

Sauce?

No, the best manga boost was for Drifters.

>tfw all you favorite fall shows sold less than 1.6k

hon-hikidashi.jp/enjoy/20311/

There's no mention of Keijo there.

Is somekindofthing cursed? Almost every show he likes flops hard.

The manga boost wasn't great enough to be listed there. They put only the best ones.

>tfw one of your favorite fall shows sold more than 1.6k

12 copies more, to be precise

What about Brave Witches?

>Flip Floppers

Is there any information on Utapri's sales?

I know. I mean, do you at least have any sales figures for the manga post-anime?

>Hibike
>Flip Flappers
>Occultic; Nine
>Fune wo Amu
>Little Witch Academia
Good animation, flops

>Yuri on Ice
>Drifters
>Utapri
>Haikyuu
>Touken Ranbu
Meh animation, success

Like pottery

12k wk2 for Yuri is as big as Osos wk2. Makes me think releasing over NYE hurt wk1 sales and forced people to buy after in wk2.

Next week. Vol 1 comes out on the 11th

>Haikyuu
>Meh animation
no

>***,883 Flip Flappers
Can't we please change our AOTY to Re:zero? It's the second favorite anyway so not many people will complain.

I mean, how the fuck do you say "Yes, the best anime of the YEAR sold less than 1k" with a straight face?
It's a total fucking embarrassment.

I don't understand why people think Flip Flappers should have sold more. Sales aren't a good measure of how good something is, but In this case I understand.

I watch a lot of shows during the season and Flip Flappers had one of the most intolerable first episodes I have tried to watch in a long time. I dont really know how anyone made it past the the first 15 minutes, but I commend them. It was confusing and not laid out in an interesting way. For all the action in it it was really boring.

I think New studios shouldn't try too hard to make original work. Build up a reputation doing adaptions and once they have enough experience THEN tackle something original. Otherwise it's a shame and disheartening to creators.

>hey look Yuta it's ODA NOBUNAGA having ADVENTURES full of HIJINKS

too bad they don't have a hardon for actual Japanese culture like Rakugo

Brave Witches volume 1 will be out on 02/24.

>Haikyuu
>Meh animation

Sure thing.

>our AOTY
Yeah no
It never was my AOTY faget

>sales directly equal quality

Are you twelve or simply an idiot? I smell new all over you

Anime is dead.

Cherrypicking 3 seconds of decent background animation per episode does not mean you are well animated. I bet you think OPM is a well animated show too.

>more people watch and buy the show because its better
its accurate

Monster is a big favorite and also flopped hard.

>*62,673 Yuri!!! on ICE
>No BDrips
>manga won't be scanlated ever
Kill me.

You don't understand how marketing works.

>This is the delusion level of a Flip Flopper fag.

Both OPM and Haikyuu are consistant in their animation.

>argumentum ad populum

This argument is so wrong that ancient philosophers debunked it before your great-great-great-grandma was born.

Also this. Things that are pushed more sell more. By your logic, Avatar is the best western movie ever made, because it sold the highest for any single-release movie. When in reality it just had an absolutely enormous marketing budget and showed off 3DCG tech that was new at the time.

Thank god we don't need more of that filth

Not always. There is a slight correlation but it doesn't always happen. For example, a lot of shows that the West praises such as AnH or SSY were massive bombs saleswise in Japan.

I think FliFla could have done maybe slightly better if they at least release some form of promotional material for it before hand; maybe an LN or manga adaptation or prequel, in order to build up hype. It really bothers me they didn't release at the very least a manga adaptation of the series, leaving the franchise with just the anime and nothing else, and I can't understand why the production committee decided to go in that direction.

Don't worry, Trigger is in the process of saving it again.

How many of you here bought BDs?

Kill yourself.

Trigger's a bunch of clueless idiots though

why would you make a family-friendly anime one can enjoy with children in 2010s Japan

salaryman culture prevents the Japanese from having children and even if they manage to get some they don't really spend time with their children at all

Its simple really

People watch and buy the things they like
If more people watch and buy that thing the better it is

Because why would anyone watch and buy an inferior product instead of the better one?

And Kimi no Na wa sold millions.

Leave the passion projects to us

The person in /yoi/ that posted that picture of their BD with "Fuck you poorfags"

Got fucked in the ass by Zootopia though. And Secret Life of Pets. And Sing.

Not always. Look at Michael Bay movies: they tend to gross well but their critical reception tend to be mixed at best. Sales/gross are a decent, but by no means perfect indication of quality. While many objectively bad shows sell poorly and many objectively good shows sell well, this is not always the case: for example, the film Ed Wood was a Best Picture winner and was a critic darling, but it was a major box-office bomb. I know my examples are mostly Western media but my point stands.

>Because why would anyone watch and buy an inferior product instead of the better one?
Because they haven't heard about the others because no marketing

Again, if that was so simple then there would be no need for people to study marketing and publicity and much less pay for it, but that isn't really the case, is it?

Yeah, but Zootopia, like Kimi no Na wa, is also HETERO romance movie. Your gay trash makes success only among nice group.

I hope you all realize 1/10 of good anime sell more than 3k.

Hey, doesn't mean we can't have bitchfit threads.

>nothing about faggots were mentioned within the conversation.
Calm down bruh. I assure you your ass is safe.

Lots of shows with no marketing become popular because it actually turns out to be good

If people didn't expect YOI to be the top seller of Fall then some people are living under a rock.

Come to think of it, YoI was an example of this. It got little hype before this season and from what I remember reading here the impressions from the pre-screening were less-than-impressive. I was actually sure it would flop.

For example?

Because it's a show similar to Harry Potter, and nips fucking love HP.

Take your interspecies fetishism elsewhere freaks. Bunnies and foxes don't fuck.

Is this a joke? Look at how much Toranoana alone is marketing it

trigger has netflix money so it's OK. They can't sell Little witch academia anime BD until it's available on the Netflix platform.

Naruto is a bad show, but kakashi vs obito and final battle of naruto and sasuke was animated pretty well
Will you say that meh as well?

Before the season Yuri on Ice was tracking extremely low and early screenings didn't like it. It came out of nowhere. It had more than 3 established franchises with big fujo following to compete with and 2 sports anime from manga that already had fanbases. It looked dead.

Konosuba

Kekkai Sensen

You're confusing now for the beginning of the season. Yuri on Ice didn't have any marketing until the week episode 7 came out when it was already snowballing and it got its first billboard for vol1 BD.

guess seed destiny is the best anime ever