Is this Flip or is this Flap?

Is this Flip or is this Flap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F6yLDfKLWdE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip_Flap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>883
Where were you when Flip Flappers saved anime?

Delete this right fucking now. Delete it.

Sold out on amazon, too.

Flip or Flap? I think it's shit

It's a flop.

All you faggots just hate arthouse anime.
>Don't they dare do experimental that isn't highschoolers giggle and show their legs.
I hate all of you.

This is a horrible thread.

savage

I agree

Middlescholers giggling and showing their legs like in this show is way better. Too bad Japan did not agree this time

Oh excuse me, next time I start of with the epic Cockona meme.

Saving thread

Fap

Let go.

Yes, that would be better. Make sure to use the highest resolution available.

I think you're shit

Came for this

You know you're dealing with turbo-autism when people actively hate a show because they can't stand the a majority audience does like it.

>But i don't need to see 3 threads a day about it!!!1!

Then learn to ignore them, please.

K O K O N A
O
K
O
N
A

honestly, it was boring and tedious to watch. dropped it after 2nd episode.

>Cockona

>Papicunt

More like flop.

>I don't like a show, so it must be a flop

Hold your autism there.

>883 sales

The true message of flip flappers is that it doesn't matter who is the flip and who is the flap. It's okay to be both, or neither. It's nice to see Japan finally embracing progressive values.

I'm gonna progress my hand into your face you fucker

ITS A FUCKING FLOP HAHAHAAH

The fact that so many anons here can embrace a character with a non-binary sexuality like Cocona and Papika is just great. We weren't ready for this just 3 years ago, it's amazing how far we've come!

Sup Forums has been jerking off to anime like Utena since its conception, stop being stupid

>fujoshi flock in swarms to churned out shit like yuri on ice
>meanwhile wholesome, good anime like flip flappers doesn't even break 1k sales

JUST

Sales where?

All combined.

of where? where is it being sold? I watch anime on streaming sites like CR

>non-binary sexuality

They don't even kiss

I LOVE YAYAKA I LOVE HER WHY IS SHE SO PERFECTION

still won aoty tho

I am pretty amazed at how far I came to Cocona. Gotta figure out how to clean the stains off the walls.

Amazon.jp and all other retailers. Only 883 sales of volume 1 on release is disappointingly low.

Wasn't Flip Flappers Yuri? Different strokes for different folks Sup Forumsnon.

Getting aoty wont make a new season happend tho

There is no second season needed, though. Some OVA would be nice, though.

What is there left to explore in the series?
Off the top of my head, the true nature of Mimi and pure illusion seem like the biggest things.

Is it related to some kind of mythological older gods, reality warping, or some human consciousness sci fi thing? Was she found, summoned, created, or something in between?

Is there anyone else similar to her out there ?
Are they even humans?
Is Cocona a human?

A lot of the organization's early days is still a mystery, so that's a lot of room for developing a background for new content.

Disgusting.

Just some inbetween fun adventures, some missing PI worlds we've only seen in the flashback or a new world. Additionally some SOL after the events of the series, I want to see if Salt and Cocona ever do some dad and daughter stuff.

Why is it that guys are always hot for the shy insecure one, when the other one walks around naked through half the show without any sense of shame.

Papika>Cocona.

Cocona is a beautiful young woman, Papika is a wild animal.

I want more Yayaka in a sol setting.

Papika is only for Cocona.
I self insert as Papika, but with a dick. That makes it hard to fap to Papika but really easy to go loco for Coco.

Plus Papika just deserves Cocona. No one else could really fit her personality so perfectly and help her fulfill the sense of childlike wonderment that she's managed to preserve through all her hardship. I want to root for her and cheer her on, but Cocona reserves exclusive access to the puppy's heart.

Cocona, on the other hand, is just a big ball of lovableness. She deserves to be loved as many different ways and from as many different angles as possible. She's all Papika's, but she deserves the whole world's love and affection too.

It's hard to explain. Papicoco gives me a feeling so complicated in my otomegokoro.

Yeah, and that's why Papika is best girl.

I think I'll just avoid disc sales discussion of my favourite shows from now on. What's the point if everything I love will flop anyway, I'd rather not see it anymore. Maybe I'll avoid the internet when figures come out for LWA, Rakugo and Yuasa's shows in the future. God forbid people passionately try to make something original, creative or thought-provoking. At least films are doing good. I hate the industry. I hate male otaku. I hate everything.

No.

>Cocona, on the other hand, is just a big ball of lovableness.

It's not hard to explain at all. You just perfectly described why Papika is a better character.
Cocona is a typical anime girl. We just had this same thing going on with Rem from Re:Zero, where the show's entire fanbase instantly went into full-waifu trance once she pulled out the big anime eyes of sugar coated love and purity.

Probably because most anime fans are lonely male virgins whose ideal girl fantasy is of someone who is beautiful, shy and just as untouched as they are themselves.

Female characters who are open and honest about their sexuality scare these kinds of fans.

That's why Rem is called out as "Best Girl" and that is how you describe Cocona.

>I hate male otaku.
Whoa there, friend. I bought the BDs just like everybody else who cares about this show. Don't blame the guy fans for the fact that a show didn't sell. There's only so much a small cult fanbase can do to support a yuri show when all the big bucks are going to YoI instead.

What a medicore series.

How did this even get AOTY?

YES.

Really putting that women's study degree to use there, user.

Combination of recency bias and more people watching it than anything else. For instance significantly less people watched Ping Pong Girls which was better.

Flip Flaps was good but the drop in quality about 2/3 of the way in was really harmful to it. A mystery-heavy anime original like this needed to have a very satisfying ending and it came well short of that.

anons just don't like how Ram rides the clown cannon

>le sjw boogeyman when someone just points the obvious

Keep it up, you're going to be a really good barista someday user.

Futanon I don't know if you still draw Flip Flaps, but I wish you'd draw Cocona and succubus Papika playing SSBM in the hotel room.

Or more to the point, they don't like how 90% of the female characters in the series are just colourful designs with no personality, identity or characterization whatsoever. Rem is the closest thing to an actual character because she gets focus and development, and actually changes throughout her time with the main character as a result of her relation with him.

It's not much, and she's not a good character by any stretch, but she's the least-bad in an array of really fucking bad. Normalfags just eat that shit up because they have no standards or frame of reference for good characterization, so the fuckpit that seems least likely to be made out of actual cardboard is "good enough" for them.

I mean, you're not wrong there, but you've gotta admit is a bit quick to drag up the mucky old purity debate in a nearly-irrelevant context, since these girls have desecrated each other so many ways for so long they could be temples in the middle east by now.

I think normals are also drawn to the undeniable fact that, while anime girls tend to be little more than a bag of tropes, they are still far more diverse and interesting than female characters in Western animation or Western media in general. Just the existence of a standard like the "Bechdel test" demonstrates how shitty they are at having diverse female characters.

You could probably just message them directly for a request, user. The drawfags have probably already long moved on from these threads and working on LWA stuff instead.

No, they are just good friends.

I'm willing to watch this show just for yayaka, is it worth?

You should just kill yourself instead.

Number of the beast confirms it as truth.

PapiCoco is perfection, they match each other perfectly.

I feel so terrible because I love Yayaka the most, and I'd love for her to be happy, but I can't see where she'd fit there because Papika and Cocona are just a perfect match for each other.

I can't make lewd thoughts about Papika even though she spends half the time naked or in really lewd outfits because it's so clear that she's oblivious to anything that's not Cocona.
Her love is too pure. She wouldn't even react to anything lewd going on around her, her mind has no lewd thoughts, she won't even acknowledge the concept of lewdness.
She's blind to it.
She's only coconasexual.

Blame the quality of the characters on the quality of the audience.
Media isn't the work of artists and creative minds. It's a product created by experts in the creation and marketing of products. They are made to make money, and to make as much money as possible by appealing as directly and effectively to as many money-spending consumers as possible. Those female characters aren't written that way because the writer is a women-hater, misogynist , sexist, chauvinist, bigot or whatever other word is in vogue right now. They don't write them that way because they lack talent or experience or creativity or education.

They write them that way because that's what the broadest and widest cross section of money-spending adult demographics want to see, and will pay money to see. And here's the hard pill to swallow: this isn't the 60's anymore. Female demographics are counted among those money-spending demographics because women have and women spend money just as men do. They pay for that, and fund it. They are complicit in its perpetuity. Things like the bechdel test are fun for college-aged critics to blog about on their social networks, but at the end of the day they don't matter to the people who make media money.

The culture of consumers is different in Japan, so their characters are written differently to appeal to those consumers. It's as simple as that; entertainment is a business, art is secondary.

>recency bias
>the ending was shit
If you were right, people would have remembered the shit ending and voted against FliFla.

A flop, and one of the worst animes I've seen. It was as nonsensical as Suicide Squad and somehow had worse characters. It's also loved exclusively by pretentious pedophilic yuri lovers despite there being none.

Sick of it showing up in the catalog and LWA threads like it's not the worst show of 2016. Sup Forums should be better than this.

Actually in the west media is very agenda driven.

Most people are just not aware of how deep that hole goes and I'd rather not distract the thread about it though.

But don't kid yourself and think the reason cute non bitch good girls in western media are so rare that people are drawn to anime is just an accident or a coincidence, it's by design.

Be careful when using the term Western media. Europe is also part of the west, and Belgian-French comics and animation are radically different from US Americans.

> these girls have desecrated each other so many ways for so long they could be temples in the middle east by now.

They don't even share an on-screen kiss.

Is there a possibility that they forgot to add one of the two editions and the end result should be roughly twice this figure?

Even the Bible kept its sodomy offscreen.

But rest assured that Papika has slain that snatch like the Abel to Cocona's Kain. Like the wrath of the Tetragrammaton, she came from the north and blasted that babel tower until it crumbled, spent. Cocona's walls fell like Jericho to her relentless invasion. She gave that head like Holofernes to Judith.

If Cocona's body is was temple, it's now a ruin among a sacked city, conquered and profaned by Papika.

user as a Catholic familiar with the Vulgate I just want you to know that I appreciate all of those references including Judith and that you made an old man smile at his work computer

Yes, and? The show runs on implication, symbolism, subtext and synecdoche, except for that one thing? I don't buy it.

>Even the Bible kept its sodomy offscreen.

Ezekiel 23:20

Papi doesn't know to sex. It'll be Cocona ravaging Papika when she can no longer contain her lust.

Papika is forever pure.
But she loves Cocona, and will do anything to please her.

Cocona is a budding lesbian and the daughter of a crazy overpowered god.
She'll be the one in charge.

>Papi doesn't know to sex
Every animal knows instinctively how to have sex. Papika would just confuse her lust for Coconas flips with her genuine love, not making any distinction between the two, gradually slipping from cuddling to full on flapping because it's a natural thing for her. Pure innocence, like Oshiyama intended. It's Cocona that, kinda, she isn't a slut, knows where this is going, to what this leads and will resist at first. At first of course, you are right about the last part.

>implying Cocona's first order as master won't be "ravish me"
Cocona just doesn't have it in her to dom. She is quite comfortable in her position as the bossy bottom, to whom Papika must labour to love and handle just right.

Your opinion is wrong, in my opinion.

I can't help but imagine a nopan Papika dry-humping Cocona's inner thigh, rubbing her moist flaps against the birthmark while whining "ココナ ココナ, いこうよ!"

True.

Cocona would want Papika to be the one initiating it and in control.

But somehow she'd have to let Papika know what to do and how, that poor puppy is still too innocent and clueless about human sexuality.

Ah the thirsty shy girl's dilemma .

But why was it called Flip Flappers
Is it some jap pun?

Papika has probably seen Salt and Mimi do it before, way back when. She'd just be very confused when she opens up Cocona's drawers and finds that the apple fell further from the tree than she'd expected.

But that's the joy of youth. They have plenty of time to experiment and learn about each other's bodies.

Extremely unlikely to impossible. Stalker seemed to have over-predicted FliFla massively.

"Flip flap" an onomatopoeia of the sound Papika's vagina and anus makes as Cockona fucks her.

Flip Flappers are people who flip flapping
Cocona, Papika and Mimi all clearly flip flapping throughout the series, and the show is about them. It's a very descriptive title.

youtube.com/watch?v=F6yLDfKLWdE

You coudl just have googled it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip_Flap

>Let's Flip Flapping!
This has to be the most ridiculous catchphrase ever.
Thank you marketing team for dooming the sales of AOTY 2016 right from the start.

>he doesn't Flip Flapping

Papika makes my Cocona really flip flapping to be perfectly frank