How can people like this shit?

How can people like this shit?

>protagonist is a little pussy woth daddy problems, only reason people like him because beta cuckolds relate to him
>shitty fanservice everywhere, made to pander to virgin manchildren
>plot is fucking shit, nothing is clear in the name of "mystery" but it's because the writers can't write for shit
>le random Christianity is thrown in for LE SYMBOLISM XDD but it means fucking nothing

Honestly one of the worst shows I've had the displeasure of watching. The last 2 episodes were utter cancer, 2deep4u bullshit that means nothing. Fuck you if you support this "" """anime "" """""

No one really likes Eva. It's all just an elaborate multidecade troll to make you, OP, mad

You should lurk a few more years then you can try posting off whatever containment board you came from again.

>>protagonist is a little pussy woth daddy problems, only reason people like him because beta cuckolds relate to him
Any 14 year old would shit their pants if an obscure international world security agency approaches him and tells him he has to pilot a giant robot to fight invading aliens.
>shitty fanservice everywhere, made to pander to virgin manchildren
That comes with anime in general.
>plot is fucking shit, nothing is clear in the name of "mystery" but it's because the writers can't write for shit
You need to rewatch it over and over to get all the importan plot points. You won't have anything served in a silver platter in terms of storytelling.
>le random Christianity is thrown in for LE SYMBOLISM XDD but it means fucking nothing
The symbolism is not random. You're just not aware of it yet. It revolves around the concept of mankind playing god.

I know a lot of plebs like it, but that's what plebs do, enjoy shit
Not am argument
But shinji is a total inept beta. Sure the average kid would be scared shitless, but who wouldn't pilot the robot and let Earth get destroyed because "muh daddy issues"
Also the Christianity is randomly thrown in stop trying to find gold in shit

I havent watched eva but if you have to rewatch a work of art to understand it and multiple times at that then its really flawed, even heavy philosophical literature may only take one reading to understand properly. And didnt the creator said that some of the christian symbolism was there because it looked "cool"?

You don't have to rewatch eva to understand it (that is, to get the intended messages). Rewatching it merely nets you some neat little details that start making sense when you kow what it's all about, but it's a bonus, not a must.
> nd didnt the creator said that some of the christian symbolism was there because it looked "cool"?
Yes he did, however there will still always be faggots like OP who look for meaning where there is none, miss the elephant in plain sight and then blame the show for it.

>doubting the Master

Oh i see, i actually like when theres details that reward rewatching a series. I may actually give it a try even if i dont like mecha that much; The only mecha show ive watched is Gurren Laggan. How does it compare to it?

This tbqh baka senpai
>intended messages
LOL like what you double nigger? Le aliens are bad? Or some other """meaning""" you're pulling out of your ass?
Don't fall for the bait

>And didnt the creator said that some of the christian symbolism was there because it looked "cool"?
literally only the name "evangelion" is because he thought it was cool.

It's one thing to overanalyze every facet of a show and to think every aesthetic choice must have some greater meaning behind it waiting to be discovered. It's another to parrot a blanket statement that overrides the actual themes and symbolism of the show because you assume every single artistic choice must have some deeper meaning. Somethings are just done to fit into the shows aesthetics and don't necessarily "mean" anything other than any meaning a viewer might attribute to it. That is the point of all art, to interpret it for yourself.

Pretty sure this is lost in translation effect going on.. Plus its one statement from an interview many years ago. The core decision to make many allusions to religon is most definitely NOT random and does have meaning to the themes they were trying to convey.

I'm pretty sure that creator response was to stupid autistic questions like "WHY DOES THAT EXPLOSION LOOK LIKE A CROSS? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?" It means they are keeping the show thematically and aesthetically consistent. It doesn't mean every single thing has some secret meaning, neither does it mean they are throwing darts at a board of "cool things" and randomly deciding.

>eva is full of meaning EXCEPT WHEN IT'S NOT XDXDDXD

You eva fanboys are the worst

name any other media where every single shot has some secret meaning.

>protagonist is a little pussy woth daddy problems
That's because the movie revealed he's actually a girl

>missing the point completely

Eva fanboys everyone

you're just as bad as "eva fanboys" by viewing this in a very extreme lens. as much as the "eva fanboys" overanalyze this shit, you do the exact opposite. expecting answers in every single detail of the work.

thats like if i watched some random tv show and was like "why did they choose to shoot during the day and not night? just because it looks cooler? that shit has no meaning"

That's not my point at all you simpleton retard. I'm saying there isn't any meaning in Eva at all, it's just a hodgepodge of random shit put together masquerading as 2deep4u because it's shit. Learn to read you dumb motherfucker

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?

then it truly was 2deep4u.

Get out of my board Sup Forumsermin

>panders
you like pandas don't you user the whole not having sex thing appeals to you right?

these shows involve and touch upon sexuality you stupid fuck it's not pandering it is part of the narrative and character development, it's almost like the sexuality is an inevitable part of being human, but if that's not for you feel free to continue smashing your toy robots together

>show about serious shit like saving the world, epic battles, etc
>here are some 14 year old tiddies tho XDDDXD
I hope you're trolling

If the female body makes you feel intimidated, then I am afraid Eva might not be the Chinese cartoon for you.

>"" """ "" """""
How I can tell this is shitty bait.
Or written by a retard.

Not an argument

>show about serious shit like saving the world, epic battles, etc
>not about characters

yeah Rei's reaction to shinji's accidental tit grab tells us nothing about her character and is just fanservice and not addressing a trope

yeah Asuka being casually sexual and teasing and dominating shinji tells us nothing about her character

welp guess you're right it's all just heehee boobies

>yeah Asuka being casually sexual and teasing and dominating shinji tells us nothing about her character

This is what eva fags actually believe