Haibane Renmei

I want to die and touch fluffy wings

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=flcCIOMvCtQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're in luck. One of the most popular theories is that suicide is one of the requirements.

What would sex with a haibane be like?

Probably like normal but with fluffy wings.

You can do it, we can help.
That's the power of the Home Depotâ„¢.
More saving, more doing

You know, that makes a lot of sense, never would have put it together on my own.

Of the cocoon dreams they really go into, one is falling, and the other is getting run over by a train.
Both dreamers express feelings of worthlessness and wish to disappear.
I think the environment is like Limbo where the haibane need to come to an understanding/enlightenment in order to ascend to the true afterlife.
And the children? Some medieval Catholic philosophy was that unbaptized children would be in limbo until they were good enough to enter heaven because you couldn't get into heaven without being baptized (due to original sin) but children were by nature blameless and innocent.

You're not really smart, are you user?

Don't forget the crow that 'forgave' Rakka who may have been another reincarnated soul.

>town might be limbo
Possible, though another user said it may have been inspired by/share more similarities with a town in this book

What part of his interpretation do you disagree with?

The part where I assume he replied seriously to an user fucking with him as links to suicide weren't exactly subtle in the series.

I wasn't fucking with him, I honestly just didn't ever look at it from that angle. I mostly just watched it feeling instead of thinking. Please no bully.

Then I'm sorry for both parties involved.

I enjoy sharing my insights. Maybe I'm a little presumptuous to assume people want to hear them, but when I learn something new, I really want to share it. I discovered this series a week or so ago and I was delighted to find someone else mentioning what is now ancient history by Sup Forums standards.

The fact that it's strongly hinted in the show doesn't mean you are stupid for not picking up on it, it happens to the best.
No reason to call someone out on it if he's honest about it

Actually series has some following on Sup Forums, there's like a thread once a month or two sometimes even reaching the bump limit. You just have to keep your eyes open and have some luck.
To be fair it can be challenging to tell when someone is being honest or not judging by text on a board that's know for being confusingly ironic and aggressive.

>tfw you buy an imco triplex because of Reki

i've been in the threads where other anons have done the same so i feel like less of a faggot

>Smoking

The bird is clearly a representation of somebody from the IRL world who was close to rakka.
Hence the whole thing about the birds being able to go over the walls etc.
I do not think the haibane are suicides, because there are very young haibane.
The black feathers though, they indicate some kind of sin, likely suicide.

You'll just go straight to hell anyway, no old home for you.

Do their halos act like the empties from Roadside Picnic? So you could grab her by the halo and get her to go down on you?

Smokers go to hell.
Reki didn't smoke before she got to Old Home and she had to stop smoking in order to move on.

>Maybe I'm presumptuous for posting actual content

Nope

I think there were parts where Haibane were actually dragged by their Halo, at least in the Abe shorts.

In all seriousness the dangerous of smoking are extremely exaggerated. If it takes 30 years for 50 a day to kill most people, how bad could they possibly, really be?

Why can't anime be good, like this one? Why is everything shit?

>thread for my all-time favourite anime

fuck yes

this reminds me, I need to rewatch it again soon

>Rakka with that little moe-votes

Why are the Haibane not allowed to own things, use money, or acquire anything new?

I think it reflects on the aestheticism that is very prevalent in both eastern and western monastic traditions. The haibane are meant to be transitioning to their next phase of being, so attachment to material possessions is seen as a potential stumbling block.

>The haibane are meant to be transitioning to their next phase of being, so attachment to material possessions is seen as a potential stumbling block.

pretty much this

Oh sure but you'll get pretty close to dead much faster than that.
Smokers cough starts almost immediately, and then there's all the respiratory shit you don't notice.
Point is, only retards smoke, it's not about the health. If it were about the health, then we might say smokers are brave, but we don't because there is an ethical dimension to it.
Cigars I believe are a different story.
Cigars are to cigarettes what fine wine is to bud light.
Wine, cigars, these are high-end, these are things we are meant to appreciate, and abusing them only atrophies their delicate effect.
Packs of cigarettes, cheap booze, this is the stuff of the lame, who want the pleasure without the effort of appreciation. That's why it's bad.

Haibane Renmei's town was inspired by that book but their purposes are likely to be quite different.

Never really thought about it that way, I always pretty much assumed it's one of those details that doesn't have much meaning.
>Terrible skin
>Terrible teeth
>Terrible smell
>Terrible costs
>More and more ostracized by society
S-Sure user

I am one of those other faggots, not even a smoker.

>Haibane Renmei's town
Does anyone know if the town is actually inspired design-wise by any real town? It looks comfy as hell.

Anyone else read the Murakami book that inspired Haibane?

Obviously, it's been mentioned twice in the thread.

Parts of it look like every old southern-European town and I haven't heard of it being based on any one in particular. I'll have to brush up on my nip so that I can find out from ABe himself one day.

It had a generic early-modern european look to it.
It also struck me as odd that there were such extensive derelict buildings (school and factory). Is there any significance to these being the places Haibane gathered?
I can understand the symbolism of occupying the school, since it is a place of learning, but the factory?

How does the book compare?

I really enjoyed it. It's a Murakami book, so a bit of "what the fuck am I even reading" is to be expected, but it's a really good read.

>Completed Sora no Woto pilgrimage and decided to do Haibane next
>It isn't based on anything
Fuck everything

Why are the box-sets either shit or really expensive?

There's this one localized set that my autism doesn't allow to order because it has such a shit back-cover description of the series. I don't remember it word to word but it goes something like "sometimes God cannot forgive you until you forgive yourself"
>Series has nothing to do with Christianity
>Completely misinterpreted what the series tries to convey
God dammit you burgers.

the french version is fucking great as you can see

Haibane is better than snw you daft pleb newcancer

It looks awesome.

Are you feeling okay user? I didn't even say which one I think is better.

If I'd spoke the language I'd by it.

Japanese version.
Including 2 OST.

Doesn't it cost a fortune though? Don't Japanese nerds need food or something?

sauce on the artist?

I'm another one of those faggots, and also a non-smoker. Had a truly Sup Forumsutistic headache when researching the differences between the Triplex 6600 and 6700 because Reki's doesn't shares similarities with both and doesn't perfectly match either, but eventually bought the 6600. I'll probably get the 6700 sometime in the future.

Why

The well part was inspired by Windup bird chronicle too.

Because I think it's neat and Sup Forumsutism. It's not like spending $30 will kill my wallet or anything, either.

Muh upscales

>tfw you have the artbook, the doujins, and the 6/7 script books with development art and new pictures
You can find the art book on ebay every now and then, but most of these are available on mandarake. I am still trying to find the last script book. They are absolutely worth it, the drawings are wonderful. One of these days I will scan a few of them.

Hello friend.

I'm six episodes in right now and didn't pick any of this up, even after the Kuu deal. Is something wrong with me?

Nice! I see we are both looking for the same script book. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Where did you find the giant poster/wall scroll?

Nah just keep watching and ignore this thread, theres too many spoilers and things.

That picture is a few years old, I ended up finding the last script book on Mandarake.

I got the wall scroll at Anime North (convention), when a random guy in my friend's group found it in a bin full of other wall scrolls and liked the design.

I had to convince him really hard to give it over to me...

great find. I have mandarake set to send me an email when it is back in stock.

that was kind of your friend to let you get the scroll, its really cool!

I was posting pictures of mine like almost 2 years ago or something in HR threads, it's a good lighter and also reminds me of the show every time i use it. No regrets.

Don't take my theories as truth.
I think its the creator's intention to leave a lot of the interpretation up to the individual viewer.
I viewed it through the lens of my culture and background which is European/Judeo-Christian/Etc. and so my interpretation draws from that background.

The first 6 or so episodes are about atmospheric angel world-building. The rest of the show is about self-loathing. If you haven't picked up what the requirement for being "sinbound" is by the time you're done watching Rakka in the well and hearing her climb up a building's staircase in the rain so she can jump off or see the physical manifestation of Reki's dream getting fucking splattered by a steam train then yes perhaps you should pay more attention.

I don't know if Rakka in the well part was quite as clear as that. I also dont think its absolutely clear that they did it themselves. You could make a case that they "gave up" but not necessarily that it was intentional, especially for Rakka.

>i'm falling from the sky. I'm not scared, and my heart is cold
Also says she felt completely isolated and was sure nobody cared, and hurt somebody by doing what she did so badly that they are represented as the crow in her dream trying to pull her up out of her fall, "it's useless. but thank you."
on top of the fact you hear her climp up stairs and open a door. on top of the apparent self loathing and the fact the other sinbound haibane stood in front of a train.

I interpreted it as her running away from home, thinking that no one cared about her, in the rain, and accidentally falling down something (a well would be appropriate). I think its less clear that she did it intentionally.

And why would you ever want to interpret it like that when it makes less sense, has no backing, somewhat contradicts some of the things I pointed out, and weakens the point of the show?

>Haibane pilgrimage
Maybe suicide would help

Do you have this doujin?
This is the real first Haibane doujin.I recommend this book.

It's definitely the most accessible and 'normal' Murakami book that I've read though.

>my face after reading Kafuka

youtube.com/watch?v=flcCIOMvCtQ

OST gets me every single time.

No but I've read scans of it, its interesting to see his ideas about the haibane before making the overall story. It's a lot more silly

Does it really make the show weaker? The psychological point seems the same either way.

Not the user you were talking to before. I guess Rakka's guilt would be lesser if she had not intended to die but still ended up doing it. But you never know with nips, blaming themselves seems to be their thing. From the dialogue of the show though and Rakka just falling straight down from a high place, I think she did jump off a roof.

However many episodes of Rakka dealing with how worthless she fealt, discovering she hurt somebody who loved her in such a vast way that they were willing to follow her after death despite what she had , how she found redemption in getting its forgiveness so she could forgive herself, then in turn helping Reki who was jealous of Rakka overcoming the same thing as her and who, despite thinking so low of herself, was too proud to ask for help even as she watched the train coming yet again.

>Well actually their situations weren't that similar and the crow was just upset at Rakka for leaving and falling down a hole.

They are sinbound because they threw themselves away and thus must get another's help to get out of the hole.