Do you prefer anime or manga Sup Forums?

Do you prefer anime or manga Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs
mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=9403
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sometimes I want to read manga, and sometimes I want to watch anime.

FUCK LNs.

Depends on the genre.

But I prefer manga overall.

Manga, I like moving through at my pace

Only LN I've been able to read was overlord

Isn't that Choukakou, which is Manhua?

Mango, every time. I could binge a whole series in a day or two regardless of length, or slow read with shit in the background. While to watch anime it would take 22-24 minutes per like 2 chapters of a manga plus you have to pay attention to it constantly.

Is it a good manhua?

LN read like shitty YA fiction, and translations are even worse.

They are too different to choose, I love them both.

Yeah its good, until somewhat recently the scanlations were dead.

Most refined Japanese Animorphs.

anime (dubbed preferably)

If you can't choose I will stitch them together for you.

I used to flipflop between only watching/reading one or the other but now I don't read manga much and just watch anime. I'll read smaller releases or if I really like the art, but other than that I just read a few chapters of stuff when it gets an anime announced.

Manga for sure, almost always better looking and better paced. That being said original content anime is way better than adaptations.

I remember reading this a long time ago.

Did they fuck yet

Sucks that these two aren't going to end up together. It's basically been confirmed by the author.

Anime if it's dubbed but I'll read the manga if it's not dubbed

Dubbed anime > manga > subbed anime

manga

please no Franken fran

How many anime completed do you have?

Animango

Manga usually but a well produced anime true to the source material is always better.
>t. Needs pictures like a child

Manga > Anime by far especially if said anime is derved from a manga.
Just like with literature and movies

Manga. Typically better stories, better pacing etc.

Hollywood movies? No, anime is a million times more faithful to the source material, it is not like it at all.

Confirming you have less than 300 completed, nobody else would share that viewpoint.

Manga is the patrician choice.

holy shit that is the exact amount I have and I was one of other people that got a (You) from them. Though I was meme-ing, I hate dubs.

>everyone saying manga
>Sup Forums predominantly posts and makes threads about anime

95% manga. Now and then something with perfect voice acting, music, etc will come along that just works, though.

I usually just skim for manga threads. I don't really watch currently airing stuff and don't often bother to make threads. The last thread I made was about Kimi ni Todoke I think.

Visual novels. They're the best mixture of books, manga and anime.

In this case the sum is less than the parts.

Manga. I like reading my at my pace and taking in the pictures. There's more stuff to read too.

I usually watch a few anime each season, though, but I feel like you can't truly appreciate the effort put into the art/animation unless you framestep or something.

The art in this manhua is so fucking good. And its author was cute chink.

Manga

>pts
>makeup

I've tried dumps before and it's not worth it to me to spend an hour or so of my time to get maybe five posts that aren't me, three of which are bumping the thread.

I've been against it for the longest time, but a manga board is looking more and more like a good option.

I like anime more. Black and white prints and scans well, but holy fuck if it can't make certain things indiscernible.
Besides, voice actors really bring some characters to life.

>dub
Neck yourselves

Manga just because some anime endings are not canon to the source material, manga also has better art and stories most of the time.

Easier to talk about anime than manga.

Ok, what's your preferred source for manga, what's your source for anime?

Only this one. Mongol princess is a cute.

It is Bride's Tale for Chinese people.

internet

So who is made that they killed off the love interest?

Explain user.

>Have to wait weeks for new releases
>few pages
>still frames (or panels should I call them?) = weak storytelling
I read some manga but anime is just too superior as a medium. You can say manga has more interesting stories and I don't want to say something rude and out of place like "If you want an interesting story go read a book" so I'll give you that.

I like both. Though I think that at it's peak the medium of anime is superior to the medium of manga, however in practice manga is generally superior to the anime that does get broadcast. All in all it's pretty even.

The instability of raw uploads of manga turns me off from getting into it.

I preferred the late 90s OVAs because the music, sound and pacing really made the experience that much comfier.

Manga. I haven't watched an anime in years.

Anime because reading is for poor people in third world shitters that dont have real forms of entertainment

This

>pick up an ongoing
>catch up in a few hours/days
>stuck waiting a month for new releases
>have to reread a few chapters when the new one does come out cause it's hard to remember hundreds of ongoing manga

The only thing that prevents me from reading more manga to be honest. Plus there's the fact that there are a ton of more obscure manga that just don't have translations where as almost anything big enough to get an anime gets subbed.

As far as completed series go though I like both.

Anime

Comic books are a shitty medium for storytelling.

I prefer manga.

The tl;dr reason why is a)there's more of it to choose from and b)it's under less commercial pressure and can be made and distributed or published even by a single faggot in his shitty one room abode so there's nearly limitless possibilities to make manga that wouldn't ever be made into anime.

Manga

youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs

Dub is the only right choice

Manga. I can read at my on pace and there isn't new stuff every week, so I don't need to read every single day, or spend a whole day reading stuff to catch up.

Anime when it's done well, which is rarely. Color palette + sound + motion can enhance scenes by so much when it's done right.

Manga works well with certain drawing styles, allows more detail/frame than anime allows due to time constraints and the black/white tones can be good for dramatic series like Prison School.

But at the end of the day, source is predominantly better so VNs or LNs is the true answer.

That's trolling, bro.

Q: Will Chang Ge fail at the end?

T: I personally consider that she succeeds at the end. She will experience an unforgettable romantic relationship with Sun, but that is not important.

As some other anons have said anime originals are great, but usually adaptions are shit compared to the manga. Sometimes adaptions are as good as the source, but it's rare; see Mushishi and that's only because it's an exact copy of the manga.

As a medium I can't really choose between them but more often that not the content of manga is much better than anime.

Manga, though of course I love both. But manga.

>But at the end of the day, source is predominantly better so VNs or LNs is the true answer.
Did you just imply that most or all manga is based on VNs and LNs?

Can I hit you?

Novel=Manga>Anime>LN

Anime, but only when it's done really, really well. Which unfortunately, is rare. As such, Manga is generally the "medium" I spend more time on. For instance, I fucking love the OPM web comic and the Murata OPM Manga. But I prefer the Anime. But that's one of the very rare instances.

Lately, that's what the animation industry has become. A means of promotion for other works - mainly shitty LNs.

>manga
>animation industry
I'm going to put up my first and I'm going to need to run straight at it, please and thank you.

Trick question. I prefer monthly manga and anime films.

I like to dump short manga sometimes. Oneshots or else stuff that barely fills a tank; those stupidly cute loveshit threads were always nice.

As for a manga board I think I'm more open to the idea than I used to be. It would the burying of Sup Forums for me though, it would really be a completely different place after that. Nothing in the near decade I've been here would have changed it more, I think, than if manga threads suddenly weren't allowed because there was a separate board for it. But the board isn't what it was, it's not a funny community like it used to be party because the userbase has changed and partly because it's gotten too fast and partly because the internet and fansubbing and scanlation have all changed drastically. I don't feel like I participate in the board as a whole anymore, I just lurk until I see a thread I like (usually small, slow and about manga; though sometimes I go into anime threads) and then post a little. If there was a manga board it would feel like a bit of a retirement home, I would be happy there if it was much slower and went un-noticed by the majority of anons; I wouldn't necessarily want it to be anything like Sup Forums is now but neither would it need to try and be like Sup Forums used to be I would just want it to be about plain old discussion.

I usually find manhua to be much better than manwha. Dunno why but it seems more like manga than the latter.

Depends on how much you choose to follow I guess. I follow quite a lot so I get annoyed when there isn't at least one release of something I'm reading each day. I actually have a faily healthy though constantly changing backlog of manga that I'm following, I just don't have time to read all the releases to catch up because I can only get through a few chapters per day. If you accept that you'll catch up at your own pace and don't worry about it it's a nice and relaxed way to do things I find.

>I can read at my on pace

This is a big deal for me too. I'm much more willing to read a mediocre manga than watch a mediocre anime, because with manga I can breeze through the shitty parts.

I like both, though lately I've been reading a lot more manga than watching any shows. Each medium has its merits, I can't completely disregard anime cause I value music, atmosphere and voice acting too much.

>If there was a manga board it would feel like a bit of a retirement home, I would be happy there if it was much slower and went un-noticed by the majority of anons; I wouldn't necessarily want it to be anything like Sup Forums is now but neither would it need to try and be like Sup Forums used to be I would just want it to be about plain old discussion.
Sounds nice.

Just read manga for the past few months, though I'm watching anime again this season. I just like how I can get through manga far quicker than anime and the stories are complete.

Even at that time, she is 30 years old. But she looks so young.

Here, she is during the 2011 Chinese State Television new year evening gala.

That's six years ago.

>tfw she was a cake and is now a mother

mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=9403

>April 4, 1981

Manga of course
>implying I watch shitnime

>this is a 30yo cake

Chinese women, man. How are they doing this?

Manga, no question. Almost solely because of this
>I like moving through at my pace

Anime fags are much more autistic

Manga fags are too busy reading manga.

Is pic related any good? Looks like shojo trash based on the cover.

Anime
But I'll read the Mango if I catch up
Also movies

If you like historical manga without any superpowers and shit, you would like this.
It doesnt have a lot romance, but more political backstabbings and military campaigns, as typical for Chinese stories.

>historical manga without any superpowers
Vinland Saga is the king of that if you're not reading it already.

Jin?

I haven't watched anime in like two years

so FLCL in first episode?

While on the subject, should I read or watch Monster? Watched and read the first chapter and I dont know which one I prefer more. The sound quality in the anime feels... old? Not sure how to describe it.
I usually prefer the manga if there are high quality scans and translation, but the scans over at batoto seems crappy so should I go with the anime?

What?

I haven't read Monster but I really liked the show. Read some chapters afterwards and they were basically 1:1 to the anime. Plus, 20th Century Boys was great so I trust Monster to be equally good.

Based solely on that image I don't know why you would label it trash. What's trashy about it?

>shojo trash
And what's wrong with shoujo anyway? I find the hit to miss ratio about the same as stuff in shounen mags.