Only 10 episodes again

>only 10 episodes again
FOR WHAT REASON?

To keep more resources in reserve for Season 3.

>S3

is there even enough content?

There will be. Eventually. If they just keep doing 10-episode seasons. S3 in 2025

There's 10 LNs with more on the way. If season 3 does happen it'll be almighty god tier because book 5 and 6 are outstanding.

How does DEEN ALWAYS find a way to fuck it up

wasnt the first season only 2 volumes of the LN

So are Megumin and Kazuma fuckin yet?

They're in the "we've confessed but IT'S NOT LIKE WE'RE DATING SO YOU BEING A SCUMBAG SHOULDN'T MAKE ME MAD" stage as of what's translated of volume 10. Megumin wants his dick pretty hard though and Kazuma seems decently serious about it. They probably won't fuck before the epilogue of the series but it's looking like a Megumin End unless some really stupid drama happens.

Also to add onto , the LNs will always stay ahead of the anime at this adaptation rate. They're cutting content from each LN as it is.

>it's looking like a Megumin End
This makes me happy

Eris best goddess

If there are 10 LNs with more on the way, why couldn't they add a couple more episodes to S2? Why 10 eps?

I thought Darkness liked the Kazuma.

Will any of them manage to top the succubus episode?

What on earth was Aqua supposed to be in the end? She's clearly not the heroine. Female frendo for comedic relief and bro support? Matchmaker?

She does but Megumin and Kazuma have both mutally confessed love to each other so darkness has a lot of catching up to do if she wants a chance to win.

Darkness does like Kazuma, but she also respects Megumin's feelings (except when in slut mode).

The main heroine should win the Kazuma bowl and his goddess. She is very appealing and I bet Kazuma is almost killing himself by holding back with Aqua around. He should just be honest and give in to her charm.

This turns into unironic haremshit? Fucking dropped.

Kazumoron is turned on by Darkness, but her personality is irritating as fuck to him, so she's not really in the running. But she's leagues ahead of Aqua.

Aqua is the pet/mascot I guess. It's easy to see something that isn't a Megumin end like Darkness/Eris/Pie/Iris, but Aqua is like as far from a love interest as you can get.

Aqua gets a lot of the best jokes though and that's what's really important in a comedy. She's like the George Costanza of Konosuba.

Yes not gonna sugercoat it. It does turn into haremshit but at the same time its still not the same focus. In the latest volume Megumin is actually mad at kazuma because he hasn't changed the way he acts around her even though they did confess to each other.

Punching bag.

>She's like the George Costanza of Konosuba
Apt comparison, I've fapped to her a couple times but I appreciate her more for the baka antics

Nah it's pretty much the same as it always is but with like half a chapter per novel (if that) dedicated to heroine development and a few lines every now and then poking fun at their awkwardness. Also in some novels we get Kazuma showing off his cool/competent side (5, 6, and 7 are good for this).

>FOR WHAT REASON?
The DEEN fears the Trigger.

>How does DEEN ALWAYS find a way

ftfy

not until season 3

Isnt Megumin 13 in the LNs? Fucking nips

She's the MC of the show you dumdum

If I've only seen season 1, where should I start on the LNs?

She started that way. And Kazuma's only two or so years older. Thing is, she isn't on his radar until after a year or so passes. That's pretty unusual when you think about it.

Unless they decide to skip all the megumeme material because it will trigger the aqua and the darkness fags

She's 14 as of season 2/vol 3 and Kazuma is 16 (promoted to 17 as of vol 8). Seems like they're a little under 2.5 years apart. Darkness is ~2 years older than Kazuma.

Volume 3, but there's some chapters that got left out of the anime in vol 1/2. Look for the party swap chapter and the wiz chapter.

They almost fucked. But Kazuma hesitated for too long so he got cock blocked.
He even gave a monologue of apologizing to the MCs of manga or LN that he'd read for calling them faggots.

Actually do Volume 1 chapter 2, Volume 2 chapters 1-2, and then start volume 3.

V1C2 is Wiz introduction
V2C1 is party swap
V2C2 is the dungeon crawl

Seriously though, what is the explanation for this? Why give something so popular only 10 episodes? I thought the only reason season 1 got 10 episodes was because they didn't expect anything from it

Good things come in small doses™

No way to know until someone from the publishing company leak out some inside info, which hasn't happened yet it seems.
Perhaps even though they realized they underestimated its popularity they still don't have great confidence with it.

My guess? A cross between "muh budget" and "it would have been too hard to pack another volume's content into just 3 episodes".

>it would have been too hard to pack another volume's content into just 3 episodes
that seems unlikely, S1 skipped over quite a few chapters and it only covered the first two volumes

Two volumes, five episodes each, and they still had to skip content to make it fit.

How come they drink booze then

fantasy australia is not whatever cuck country you live on, son.

Yes exactly. The first two volumes easily had enough for 12 episodes.
Budget seems like a more likely reason. But it still seems dumb. Even Noitamina get 11 episodes each season. 10 episodes is just bizarre.

>In the week before I recovered to combat readiness, this girl had been hogging the warmest place in front of the fireplace in the guild every day. She was either drinking or lazing around.

>When I asked her ‘are you of legal age to drink’, she replied ‘don’t use Japanese law in this fantasy world.’

>It seemed that in this world, you could drink no matter what your age was. You were responsible for any consequences that occurred when you drank.

Megumin always wants to drink and Darkness always tries to shut her down.

>japan
>caring about drinking age

Japan doesn't give two shits

Australia is the definition of nanny state though

Still japan doesn't care about drinking ages, I mean shit they still have beer vending machines

If you look under than 20 they'll card you and if you're under 20 you have to go somewhere else.

They do care about drinking age in anime.
Did you not notice how often characters mention they will drink juice because they are underage, or how often the juice-can-make-her-drunk hijink was used so they can have drunk jokes without having the underage character actually imbibing alcohol?

I just want to see Yunyun, the venus-human-trap plant, and Vanir animated

They make this joke for like a half hour in the Persona 4 game.

Haven't read the LN.
Do we get to see the Chuuni clan?

yunyun is weird maaaan

If it's true that s2 only has 10 episodes, then no we won't.

elaborate?

Anyone know what sub groups will be doing this? Aside from HS

Yes, but they likely won't be in the show until season 3 or a two or three part ova.

I know that later on in the LN Kazuma and Megumin more or less become official, but am I the only one who felt that (at least as far as season 1 was concerned) Kazuma had the most tension/chemistry with Darkness? He had some great moments with Aqua and Megumin, but they never went as 'far' as Darkness. Think about it.
>Kazuma constantly turns Darkness on by being Scumzuma
>In the succubus episode Kazuma asked for an "inexperienced older woman with a great body" and was excited to see Darkness turn up
>Pretty much the entire bathroom scene, as well as Darkness and Kazuma discussing it later on (revealing Darkness didn't particularly dislike being treated that way)
>Darkness revealing her true name and backstory to Kazuma and only Kazuma
Season 1 really made it look like Darkness would be winning the Kazumabowl.

I can't wait for Megumin to confess her love to Kazuma so Kazuma can respond with "I love Aqua"

Maybe they realized that season 2, which will compromise of volumes 3 and 4, will sell less than the first season, considering how weak those two volumes are compared to the rest.

What did make this show so popular anyways?

Im not complaining but it's weird to see the 11s actually like something decent for a change

>isekai starring hikkineet
>quirky girls/waifubait

Darkness straight up offers to fug Kazuma during volume 7. "Let's become adults together" while leading his hand to her bare stomach while she's in a night gown that's flipped up. She's definitely interested in him and it's still presented as kind of a triangle even in vol 10. She's got a lot of good moments in Darkness-centered volumes and is a good contender for best grill.

The LNs are good but the author is still Japanese so there's a high chance of fucking up the ending somehow so anything could happen.

You forgot
>he went to meet her parents
which is "we're probably getting married" tier shit in Japanland.

>What did make this show so popular anyways?
It rode on the popularity of the Isekai genre, but stood out by virtue of having some quality in a sea of underwhelming writing (a bit like Re:Zero, which we're not no longer allowed to like because Leddit likes it). On top of that KonoSuba was genuinely funny, while still having a basic element of isekai/mmorpgs that shows like Sword Art Online get wrong: a group of unlikely heroes with somewhat complementary powers working together to overcome their enemies. Though in KonoSuba, the limitations that force them to work together aren't so much class design as the incompetence of the characters (Megumin refuses to cast anything other than her one shot nuke, Darkness can't hit the broad side of a barn, Kazuma is horribly underleveled and underequiped, Aqua is Aqua).

If that was the criteria, we'd be having a bunch of other similar shows being successful.

Who knows. Nips usually have horrible tastes. It was probably explosion or something retarded and not the fact it was funny or interesting.

1. It's funny
2. The MC actually deserves it when he gets slapped around for once
3. The girls get their shit slapped, too, when they're being annoying
4. Quirky and interesting characters
5. It's funny

Oh yeah, also the girls are still waifubait, but they're more than just waifubait. They're more than just pretty girls for the MC to fall in love with, and in fact they're so riddled with flaws the MC initially wanted nothing to do with any of them. Any relationships that might show up are a result of development and not just the MC getting pretty girls thrown in his lap. That's why, other than the succubus episode, season 1 feels pretty devoid of the harem antics that have more or less come to define the isekai genre.

Is Megumins black pantsu canon?

Adding to this:
The one girl the MC literally can't get rid of is the one he wants the least.

seriously waterslut put some pants on

Maybe it just got into the spotlight by luck. I'm an animeonlyfag and I didn't find it particularly exceptional so I guess it depends on your opinion of popular.

Yeah. Makes sense for a chuuni.

>3. The girls get their shit slapped, too, when they're being annoying
That scene where Kazuma smacks Aqua's head with his scabbard, feels good man.

Kazuma is a big step up from other MCs, so that's a major pro. That and it's basically always sunny in Philadelphia in respect to attitude and dynamics within the group.

About this scene, I always wondered why there are no guards/police force to break up the fight and stop Kazuma stealing that guy's sword. Is it a completely lawless land?

>That and it's basically always sunny in Philadelphia in respect to attitude and dynamics within the group.
Not the first time I've heard that (unless you're always the same guy who also posts on /tg/). Would you call it's always sunny in Philadelphia worth watching?

No idea, I'm going to guess it's pretty low priority in terms of guards because it's the beginner town and who's going to make trouble there anyway?

It's Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka but without the weird gay angle and making fun of a genre that's actually relevant whereas zombie deskcar was right before Madoka

>Aqua gets a lot of the best jokes though and that's what's really important in a comedy. She's like the George Costanza of Konosuba.
I'm stealing this comparison

>Best class
Thief
>Best grill
Megumin
>Best catchphrase
Apologize
>Best maneuver
defensive ball curl
>Best recurring joke
Truth bell
>Best city
Crimson demon village
>Best boss
Vanir
>Best pet
Aqua

Nah different guy. And if you enjoy watching a group of assholes betray one another and ruin the lives of others for gain, I'd say yes.

>Would you call it's always sunny in Philadelphia worth watching?

Yes very much so

Pick a random episode in season 2 or 3 of always sunny to try out. Don't try season 1. It's still good but they hadn't quite hit their stride yet and Danny DeVito isn't in the first couple of episodes iirc.

I watched it because of Megumeme, but it turned out to be really good comedy with likeable asshole characters.

It also kind of redeems isekai for me, which is a premise I hate. Both by being an affectionate parody and actually being very good isekai. I love that the first season was all about mundane problems in a fantasy world: employment, shelter, money.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have security in beginner towns? Some high level asshole could just go around raping and murdering.

Always Sunny is great. Season 2-5 are the golden age of the series, but every season has at least one or two gems.

sign of the breakup or not even serious about it time for open ended~

DEEN always finds a way

>will kazuma get with megumeme?
>will kazuma get with darkness?
>people confessing to each other

holy shit fuck off

this is why aqua is best girl

A lot of things in that world don't make sense, after all it's a world that exists for hilarious hijinks.
If you have to make sense of that duel, I suppose we could just assume that Kyouya didn't report the theft to the guards. A renowned hero like him asking the city guard to help getting his sword back from a noob adventurer would probably be too embarrassing.

Go home Aqua, you're drunk.

Eat acid and die shipfag. Go jerkoff to reddit:0 shipwars.

Konosuba is about 4 scumbags scumming each other.

no point in getting upset at people talking about who ends up with MC, there are haremshit elements whether you like it or not.

She's mai waifu that's what she is.

She's also pure, no dirty male MC will win her heart.

Stop shit posting, Aqua.

If I killed myself could I get to live in fantasy jrpg land where lolis are legal and are allowed to drink?

This is why you're worst girl.