So what happens when you make a niche Ikuhara-esque show with little regard for traditional plot and character into...

So what happens when you make a niche Ikuhara-esque show with little regard for traditional plot and character into another niche (yuri) marketed as another niche (sakuga) in which you simultaneously alienate 50% of the sakuga and LGBT niche through underage sexualization and then proceed to alienate 75% of those who stuck around for episodic adventures and low-key symbolism by introducing a rushed plot taking focus away from the main character's coming of age story? Well my friends you get Flip Flappers. A show in which about 1% of those who watched it can claim they enjoyed the show all the way through.

>883
Blunder of the year

Yuri fan here.I enjoyed it until 6. 7 and onwards were terrible.

Part of the 1%

>Well my friends you get Flip Flappers
Yes, a flawed masterpiece, which was elected Sup Forums's official and objective 2016 AOTY.

Yeah well I enjoyed it. What you gonna do about it? Blog on Sup Forums?

Judging by the threads the folks that got alienated are a minority. Here's what I think happened:

Bunch of people started watching the show and hyped it up. About four times more people saw the threads and jump on the bandwagon. So about 20% of people actually knew why the show was worth picking up, and about 80% were retarded shitposting newfags. When the show revealed its true nature, about half of the original 20% found it in themselves to admit they didn't like it as much anymore. The remaining 10% proceeded to convince themselves the show was AOTS and AOTY and god knows what and here's a post from sakugabooru and here's an interview with the director it's totally awesome lalala I can't hear you. The retards of course remained loyal throughout, and continue to make threads to this day.

All in all, it's a damn shame how this show turned out.

You could tell it was going to happen like this though.

>I-I can't admit people genuinely liked the second part of Flip Flappers! I-it makes me feel so dumb that I wasn't able to understand it!

I wanted a Girl Meets Girl story from FF and got much more than I expected. It was amazing.

Shit. Also dont try to pretend it shit has anything in common with Ikuhara shows, since it doesnt. It also had too little "sakuga" you speak about and non existent plot.

Its a poor joke of a show compared to good example that would be Kyousogiga. Litterally worse than Rolling Girls in every aspect too and RG was a flop already.

>A show in which about 1% of those who watched it can claim they enjoyed the show all the way through.
I didn't realize I was that special.
> introducing a rushed plot taking focus away from the main character's coming of age story?
The "rushed plot" was literally fighting her fucking mother, who wanted to keep her imprisoned and safe from the world. Are you retarded?

I remember when Sup Forums was hyped for genuinuly good shows - like Jinrui, able to recognize true quality and not get swayed by pretty colors and waifus.

What happened that so many people now fell for a meme that was Flip Floppers? Where did it all go so wrong?

The sad thing about Flip Flappers is that people are throwing around it's sales numbers as if it means the show is bad for selling like shit.
It wasn't a masterpiece or AOTY, but Flip Flappers is still good no matter how hard people shitpost about it.

>taking focus away from the main character's coming of age
What? Did we watch the same show?
>1%
Now if only I could be the rich kind too.

>sales numbers
If only life were so easy that things could have quality decided by popularity. Too bad for them.

No one fell for anything here. I wouldn't say Sup Forums is good at recognizing good shows, this is the same board that hyped Mayoiga to death and look how that turned out.

>hyped Mayoiga to death
Mayoiga was hyped precisely because it was bad. Did you even look at any of the threads?

>mfw even bottom of the barrel crap like mayoiga outsold flip floppers

Episodic shit was a mistake

>Mayoiga was hyped precisely because it was bad
Yeah, only halfway through when everyone realized where it was headed.

This. Mayoiga was expected to be Another 2.0 and it delivered.

>halfway through
People were bashing it right from the very first episode, which spent half of its air time introducing characters in a bus. People knew what it was.

Mayoiga was hyped to be the next big wild ride trainwreck that was both bad and fun. It ended up being bad and boring, and no expectations were met.

So it's true it was overhyped while people were trying to force the ride meme, even if nobody was hyping it up to be quality.

>S-Sales don't matter!
And yet flip flop-fags are crying like 3 years old because the world doesn't recognize how their flop is a masterpiece.

Not them, but what about the second part was harder to understand than anything that came before it?

>flip floppers think they were the only anime this season to have abstract sakuga

flip flap needed a plot

It's still a fun, beautiful and watch worthy show which cannot be said for 90% of seasonal anime. The fact that they did their "targeting" wrong just means the staff simply made something they wanted to make instead of trying to cater to the maximum number of people.

Yuri on Ice stuff did what they wanted to make and just happened to cater to the maximum number of people while delivering work in all aspects superior to FF - animation, music, characters, story.

>catering to the maximum number of people
>fujo shit

I don't know about that sempai.

(you)

what this

Yuri on Ice.

>Superior to FF in Animation, music, characters and story

kek, I forgot how deep and meaningful a show about some faggots ice skating is and how amazing it is to reuse stills repeatedly.

Salty fujo mad her trash shows might have brought in the sheckels but Flip Flaps earned the praise and respect of Sup Forums.

Go back to your stanky hole with your cats.

>YOI animation, characters and story
>superior to anything
Let's not go crazy here. It had all the depth and nuanced characterization of a bottom-tier LN. Animation and direction-wise it's also Yamamoto's worst show by far.

Someone post the QUALITY sequence with the hands.

FF confirmed for Sup Forums show since they only watch one show per season (this time its LWA) and nothing else and just shitpost about others.

>alienate 50% of the sakuga and LGBT niche through underage sexualization
you're talking about japan and anime you retard

Why would Sup Forums watch FF?

>another niche (sakuga)
What does that even mean? People who appreicate animation?

They should make it real yuri already instead of trying to count on the purity demographic. Nobody bought the blurays anuway

Picked up

Told you who this show was specifically made for: me

Hi

>liking yuri makes you LGBT or support LGBT

I thought the art of trolling was lost on this website, respectable bait.

>alienate 50% of the sakuga and LGBT niche through underage sexualization

Oh yes, I remember how horribly Madoka and Love Live sold thanks to this.

>Ikuhara-esque
Don't even try this.
FliFla's misguided attempt as a coming of age story has nothing to do with Ikuhara.

>episodic adventures
Why did this anime end up being anything more than episodic adventures into strange, new, and mysterious worlds. The first half of the season is still really fucking good. Episode 6 was the best episode of anime from last season. But the plot was pretty predictable. The really problem though wasn't the plot itself but that the way they conveyed the plot took away to much of what was originally interesting about the show (for me at least). They didn't need to commit the whole other half of the anime to the plot.

>liking gay shit makes you a part of the gay community
Accurate

Not him, and I actually don't have an issue with gay people.
But 2D =! 3D

I imagine there's people who like it in fiction but not reality, like incest

Part of the anime lgbt community then
Like your average tumblrina

Actually Ange Vierge is AotY when all the crossboarders who watched less than 5 shows a season are filtered out.

>Implying anyone but people new to anime watching 5+ shows a season on average

Once you hit a certain standard less and less shows are worth your time.

Yes, yes, all anime except JoJo are shit. You can go back to Sup Forums now.

You're the same faggot as Aren't you?

Jokes on you I've never even watched Jojo

Nope.

Well you're a fucking retard regardless.

Worst anime of 2016, only pretentious yuritards like it. It deserved to flop and I hope all involved in it never land another job.

>883
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Have you killed yourselves yet?

Why is it about Flip Flappers that makes people so mad?

>liking cute anime girls in love means you think 3DPD lesbians, fudgepackers, or delusional attack choppers are acceptable

By that logic liking shonen means you approve of widespread murder and violence

Projecting much?

It's a cancer show that was shilled by about 5 samefag scum all last season while decent people like myself wanted it to burn for being as shit as it was. It's a mess of no characterization and no plot at all that tries to compensate through degenerate fetishism and plagiarism.

I'm enjoying the tears, all those shills pushed an objectively shit tier, forgotten, 0/10 anime despised by the whole world.

it seems weird

>if you don't approve of gays you are gay meme

Fuck off and stop conflating 2D with 3D

That is such perfectly-constructed bait, ever thought of becoming a politician, OP?

If they're shills then that means they don't actually care about the show therefore wouldn't cry over it failing.

It's a fact anyone who likes yuri is a degenerate.

>Ikuhara-esque
What was of Ikahura there?

I don't deny this, but I don't attempt to normalize my degeneracy to further erode the culture

They're pedophile yuri shills whose lives depend on seeing underage girls kiss. They're crying their eyes out that their cancer show is objectively the worst and most hated show of 2016.

Being a degenerate alone means you're degrading my culture and you deserve to be gassed.

But I love little girls and Flip Flappes wasn't even much to my liking, they don't even look like lolis or anything.

Nice meme

Doesn't change the fact scum like you is 100% the audience of this disgustingly awful show.

Please don't bully. ;_;

>lgbt niche
>underage sexualisation
Well, you clearly don't understand the Japanese market if you think they make yuri for lesbians. A yuri show featuring adult women would sell like shit.

Kek because you are right on the spot

>underage sexualization

please tell me why is everyone replying to OP?

>i hate this show
>i still watch it

>Ikuhara-esque
Never once during the whole show did I think it looked like something Ikuhara would make.

I didn't watch it. I read summaries so I could point out how bad this show is. I know a cancer when I see it.

>watching any yurishit anime
Kill yourself.

>i hate yuri so I post in yuri threads

No shit? I want you all to fuck off so I'm using my freedom of speech and facts to silence your shit opinions for good. I don't see Madoka threads around anymore, you can think me and those like me for shutting them up.

You are cute but I highly doubt you will succeed in stopping yuri posts on Sup Forums.

> actively hating on yuri

I pity you. It must take a lot of heartache to hate pure love.

The fanbase. I'm not even a hater, I liked the show despite considering a disappointment by the end, but it's pretty obvious why so many people start to hate it considering how obnoxious the fanbase was in general. People nowadays judge a show first by who watches it and then for its contents.

>underage sexualization

So people who write off shows they haven't watched because they have "a standard" aren't but I am?

It's not as if I can avoid it. Sup Forums as a whole has been particularly shitty with the high influx of clueless casual viewers this season.

>They haven't watched
Nice assumption.

Yuri is degeneracy and not real. They will marry men. Actual lesbians are portrayed as pure evil like Homura.

It's actually the worst anime of the year and perhaps the decade though some are possibly marginally worse.

Effectively, yes. If it looks like shit, smells like shit, sounds like shit, it's probably shit.

>It's actually the worst anime of the year and perhaps the decade though some are possibly marginally worse.
I understand you and I can't really say you're wrong. I am merely informing that, maybe unbeknownst to you, the primary standard you're using to judge the show is how much you dislike the people who watch it and talk about it on the internet. You're free to do that.

There are tons of shows you can tell right off the bat are shit going off their art direction, people working on it, source material (if it exists) and premise.

If you can't do it then that's simply ignorance on your part

What is with the way people are linking LGBT and yuri on here recently? I think I've either seen OP post similar shit in other threads or somehow yurifags found a way to go from bad to worse. Anyone who thinks anime has anything to do with anything other than masturbatory escapism and selling BDs is making a huge mistake

Is Flip Flappers the Fractale of our generation?

That is fine and I know it. I want to punish people for defending trash anime.

Yuri is degeneracy, end of story.

You do realize this shit panders to the lgbt crowd

I blame LWA for bringing in a bunch of clueless fucks to Sup Forums.