Best tournament arcs?

Togashi tournament arcs are actually enjoyable.

Substitute actually with the most and we have a deal.

Does it count when the whole series is a tournament arc?

You already posted the best one.

honorable mentions;

Flame of Recca
Dragon Ball
Heaven's Arena from HxH
Baki

Hero Academia's tourney arc will be animated this April and really looking forward to that.

YYH's is the best by far.

YYH

It was hype for sure.

It can, for sure.

Dragon Ball easy.

Naruto, but I'm biased since those are my childhood memories

came here to post this

YYH and flame of recca

I've been reading BNHA lately and just finished the Tournament arc in that, it was pretty enjoyable but the thing that shocked be was that the MC did a whole 180.

The second tournament Is the GOAT

>Goku vs Tien
>Goku vs Krillin
>Krillin getting memed by tambourine

Flame of Recca is bad YYH copy.

greatest tournament arc ever, anything else is wrong

This part allways made me think about pic(shitty quality, I know) related.

Why doesn't Goku shoot Kamehameha from his feet anymore?

Because he can fly now.

>best one
I really don't get why the Dark Tournament is held in such high regard. It is a good arc, but I wouldn't call it a particularly good tournament. It's pretty much enemy of the week, other than the Toguros they only meet their opponents right before fighting them. Half the fun of tournament arcs is predicting results and imagining the possible matchups.

>Baki
This, particularly pic related.

good thing too since they were pretty much half the anime

Can I say Eyeshield 21?
biggest problem is, the whole series is a tournament

>recca

you guys are muh nigs

>He's just getting to know Deku the Absolute Madman

Better strap in, fucker

Heaven's Arena is cool but the one in the Hunter Exam is pretty good too, if only because it caught me way off guard when I read it.

I think that was where I really started to enjoy the series and now it's my favorite manga

Lol he flew in that exact fight

Best tournament if it ended with this match.

Chunin Exam > Hunter Exam > 22nd Budokai > Dark Tournament > 21st Budokai > 23rd Budokai > Sport's Festival > Heaven's Arena

High Stakes + Great Character Development + Varied Cast + Character Drama + Diverse Structure + World Building = Chunin Exam

Forest of Death, Naruto vs Kiba, Hinata vs Neji, Rock Lee vs Gaara, Shikamaru vs Temari, Naruto vs Neji, the Sound/Sand Invasion, Hiruzen's death. That arc had the most high points out of everything here without a dull moment.

Hunter Exam delivered all of that well to, though there wasn't as much development outside of the main four and nen wouldn't be introduced for another two arcs.

Sport's Festival was surprisingly vanilla for a tournament arc done after the 22nd Budokai, but the main character not making it to the finals for once was an unexpected twist. They're hero's though so you sort of knew that even the edgiest contestant wouldn't kill anyone.

Heaven's Arena was mostly just an intro to nen.

21st Budokai had great character moments like Krillin vs his Orin Temple Bully and served as the characters' first encounter to the wider world of martial arts.

>Forest of Death, Naruto vs Kiba
Forest of Death had a few highlights but it mostly dragged on too much. And Naruto vs Kiba was just awful.

No.

Naruto vs Kiba was the first time Naruto proved himself to be anything else but dead last. Forest of Death is actually a collection of great moments. Orochimaru, the Gaara horror show, and Rock Lee/Sasuke/Sakura/InoShikaCho vs the Sound.

I agree, the thing is retards here shit on Naruto for no reason while they simultaneously jerk off to Dragon Ball

>Naruto vs Kiba was the first time Naruto proved himself to be anything else but dead last.
Which doesn't change the fact that it was a shitty fight.

Only the fart was shitty. As a character moment the overall thing was fantastic and the strategies and misdirection used within the fight were also compelling.