When did nerd culture turn leftist? My tech job is full of whiny liberals who spout SJW politics...

When did nerd culture turn leftist? My tech job is full of whiny liberals who spout SJW politics, most media has overtly leftist themes and vidya had the same fate. Back in the day, I felt like nerds had a more libertarian views. Gaming did not want to be censored and politically correct.

Other urls found in this thread:

mynintendonews.com/2015/03/13/swedish-newspaper-thinks-nintendo-should-ban-senran-kagura-2/
youtu.be/sYAfYil9hPk?t=143
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

holy fuckin nostalgia wish I still had that game, good times

2007-08

obama, iphones, big bang theory, facebook, cod4, economic crash all in the same year led to the breach. we're never getting it back, im an indie dev and its over. they're here to stay.

the only possible thing that could get these people out of our culture is normailizing pol culture irl.

>Gaming did not want to be censored and politically correct.
Isn’t that still the case? Considering gamergate and a big influx of lewd anime games that has overwhelmingly positive score on steam.

I believe it used the DOOM engine

I think it was a clone of the Doom engine technically. But yeah, it was the best Doom clone. Goddamn I miss that game. The Imperial City level where you fought Boba Fett was the biggest goddamn map I had ever played on at that point.

I'm sorry, what was this thread about?

>Gaming did not want to be censored and politically
I think gaming could be the next front in the culture war.

most new games are simply not fun these days, and most definitely not innovative - what if someone creates a game that is actually innovative, and then gives it a powerful story to boot?

IMO the Metal Gear series was about as much about the story (until they raped it in MGS5, the gameplay was pretty good, but it's not MGS if there's not two hours of cutscenes lol) as it was the gameplay - take a narrative style like MGS, and make it natsoc - or whatever! ANYTHING but the current Wolfenstein type bullshit

like a video game rendition of the Turner Diaries... that'll get some heads turning

Dat feel when I beat the final boss in Jedi Knight.
Dat feel when no game will ever be that good again.

"im an indie dev and its over"
making a trump RPGmaker game doesn't make you a dev, dumb 56%er

I really hate The Big Bang Theory for making it more mainstream acceptable to be into niche shit like comics. The way they treated it like it was coming out as an orientation is what really bothered me, who fucking cares if you're self conscious about liking comics in public? It's just entertainment you attention whores.

i have 30k twitter followers and a well known publisher. fug off m87

lol and the Big Bang Theory is such beta male propaganda garbage. sure, the nerdy physicist guy will get the hot chick! the hot chick who coincidentally throughout the series we make references to her being a total sloot

Penny (the girl) is made out to be the girl that's sucking dicks in the bathroom of the nightclub, and she probably IS that girl in real life!

Available on steam

What happened to Wolfenstein? I didn’t hate New Order but I thought it was subpar and the new one looks terrible. Also the #nomorenazi hashtags are lame. We get it you’re assmad over Trump.

>what if someone creates a game that is actually innovative, and then gives it a powerful story to boot?
Like Nier: Automata?

>Looking at AAA titles, of course I find them beautiful and interesting, but after 20 minutes of gameplay, I wonder whether it is going to be the same for the following 20 hours. I am a bit tired of this.
>If possible, I would like to make games that are unexpected, games that keep changing form. This is the mindset I had when I created the first Nier game, and it is present in Nier: Automata as well.

Let the market handle it. SJW games all suck.

DF runs on the Jedi engine, Doom didn't support full 3d environments.

Notice how many games have a "generic white male" as the enemy. The Grand Theft Auto series has all or nearly all Cops as white, light brown haired males. Deus Ex had no non white villains in it but Everett and Chad were both dark Africans who were good guys lusted after by blonde white women. Star wars is going full anti white male with the Empire being majority white and the Rebels being very diverse. Again with a white girl and many eligible non white men around her. All this just to protect a Mass Immigration/Cheap Labor Scheme.

Big bang theory, gamergate, g4 tv, guys who game bought into the feminazi politics in an attempt to get laid instead of disregarding roasties.

If you want to try it again, last time I played I used DarkXL, which is a engine modification that kind of modernizes it. Game was pretty fucking aesthetic sometimes.

devolver? post gamepussy faggot

This, for video games i'd just say let the market handle this, we've seen with most recently wolfencuck 2, that just being a bad pc port. But overall, just more of a let down to it's first one. And yea the whole mass marketing campaign of literally just saying i'm assmad about trump winning im sure didn't help, infact it was probably more of a net negative, it was porbably more of a negative force. Also you saw it the game last month was on sale for what was it 50% Imb4 black friday. Yea no......, the game only being out for a month tops. Then goes on sale, no i would call that them trying to liquidate their sales to make up for lost profit, cause im sure they spent more on the game, then, they made.

Literally just let the market fix these sjw bs in video games. Were in a better position culturally when it comes to video games.

always loved how the game looked. Some levels could be a real bitch tho.

When you were unable to be Space Nazis.

Tech and gaming (they're basically the same thing demographically speaking) rely on a basic structure composed of intelligent men with rather limited sex appeal. This makes them easily susceptible to two things: influence by unattractive or semi-attractive women (feminists), and influence by prevailing fictional narratives about attracting women (white knighting).

>DarkXl
never heard of that, look neat.

>What happened to Wolfenstein?
I didn't actually play Wolfenstein, I just saw the video of where several of the main characters (including muh dominant black lady) encounter a black dude fucking a fat white lady in an escape pod type thing.

it's apparent from the trailer that that is their idea of humor.

this is it. as soon as nerds got the idea that they could appeal to women by virtue signalling it was all over.

The first game was best in the middle of it and turned super cringey sjw idf shit when the pulled the "Hey jews invented everything, million years before you!" deus ex machina shit. Also the moon base levels was a real lack luster.

The second is just one big and bad cutscene. skip it.

Nerds do have libertarian views. The SJWs didn't win Gamergate. But they did use it as an impetus to drive themselves as far into the power structure of nerd culture as possible, see Marvel.

And just like at Marvel, they've being slowly removed.

that is nothing new for bethesada games. They had that coming with their bad Doom relaunch, with FO4 and then with this game. Their games are often blenders outside and mediocore inside. Old FO 1 & 2 and NV beat 3 and 4 hands down as RPGs. With brutal Doom you have a better Doom than DOOM for free and Return to Castle Wulfenstein is, as a whole still a better game than the whole 2 new games. All this just leads to the conclusion that the modern day game market is saturated with left and sjw themes shit games.

And yet, Japan doesn't give a fuck.

mynintendonews.com/2015/03/13/swedish-newspaper-thinks-nintendo-should-ban-senran-kagura-2/

>obama, iphones, big bang theory, facebook, cod4, economic crash all in the same year led to the breach.
Fucking this. A bunch of god damn normies got into tech.

The marketing team decided to hop on the current political situation to get some free publicity. This is especially obvious once they droped the "How would American media evolve under Nazis" marketing angle they opened with

>Most nerds are forever alones and don't talk to anybody
>Feel neither one way or the other about reality, they're more concerned with their fantasy land that they can control
>Basically they just want left alone
>Instead of leaving them alone though (((they))) see it as a potential opportunity and if (((they))) don't subvert them then muh ebil nazis will

Unfortunately for (((them))) most of these nerds don't want (((reality))) meddling with the fantasy so it actually turns them away from it.
(((They))) are so neurotic and have such a victim complex they think they need total control over everything, else it'll become a threat. The truth is it won't, but much like that guy who drinks too much because he doesn't know his limits and ends up vomiting all over himself, the Jew ends up in the oven for not knowing his own limits.

me with the hat!

The concept of "3DPD" is almost nonexistent in Western culture. A Japanese man can reject an ugly woman by deliberately retreating into a 2D fantasy. Also, Japanese society is far more patriarchal in its expectations of gender behaviour, so the women tend not to speak out much. Thus their influence on organisations is minimised.

Go to gog.com and buy the game there. It automatically runs in Dosbox. Works perfect.

Ah so you get comped. Why didn't you say so?

remember when star wars had shit tons of awesome games coming out AND in the works?

I already have it.

And I hope it stays that way, because it is pretty bad when I have to play a Japanese game to get Aryan characters and not a bunch of niggers, faggots, trannys and other degenerates that fill the western games.

Fuck you V was the best one.

Bump

good times. too bad it wont ever happen again.

Kotor 2 was the last decent one.

and even thats shit without mods to restore and fix stuff

yup.

dude nerds will do exactly what most males do, bow to any and all female demands because sex. im not even a smart person but isnt this obvious?

>publisher
>indie
POLITICS

Core gamer culture was always about 'gitting gud'. Beating the game on hard. Finding all the secrets. Speedrunning. Topping the leaderboard. Fragging your opponents. It didn't matter what background or race you were, only skill and results mattered. Shit-talking and insults were literally built into Doom deathmatch as macros and now that behaviour would get you banned.

There's also a Dark Forces mod for Jedi Academy (on the Q3 engine), but it's only the first 5 lvls. It's fugen good, tho.

>Shit-talking and insults were literally built into Doom deathmatch as macros and now that behaviour would get you banned.
lolwat? Are you seriously saying that I cant playing the latest counterstrike, clutch a match and shit talk the opposite team the next round calling them a bunch of noobfaggots who need to go back to pubs?

I'm talking about namby-pamby plebcore like Overwatch

7/10 tastes, small sample size though.

11 games with the word "dark" (the other one is Alone in the Dark 3).

This. More women started seeing nerds as the ticket to the easy life. And nerds of course would say anything to get some as they are more beta than the chads the girls prized before. Women don't redpill until after they have kids.

It's not only in their games, it's in their cartoons. Almost every series I've seen so far has the obligatory field trip to shrines episode. So far I can't recall an American cartoon where the characters went to church or prayed the rosary.

I know someone's going to mention the traps, yuri, and loli phenomena that occur every so often. And to that I'd rather live in a society which is mostly homogeneous and ethnic nationalist with less restrictions on sexuality than a diverse civic natinalist one where faggots are burned yet you still have muh traditional nuclear family with Tyrone and Maria Sanchez and their 7 kids.

Seriously, we can learn from Japan.

you can get it on steam or gog for peanuts. 90% of these games we remember so fondly turn out to be kind of shitty when we experience them now.

stp being whiny

>Didn't realize that you were just searching "Dark"
I'm retarded, but in my defense I don't use GOG.

nerds were always pop culture vampires
pop culture follows the fashions of west coast USA, who follow the fashions of harvard law, so anyone who replaces their personality with pop culture becomes a liberal because that's all that's there

The problem is you joined a company that probably makes a shitty product. Go into defense or embedded programming. You'll have no shortage of trve people.

wrong

Overwatch isn't a real game. Get over it

It's all just the power of TV. It's life imitating art imitating whatever the scientifically calibrated meme that will make maximum money and power for the globalist is.
Since the proliferation of TVs in the 1950's tv has almost destroyed the world.
Recognise the power of image. It's the only way to fight back.
People think they are making decisions based on their life experiences but it's all repetitively hammered home memes.

I'm decently up there on the chad scale and probably the nerd scale too but even I wouldn't trade my freedoms for pussy that's never satisfied. Robo waifus and artificial wombs won't be a meme in 10 years making the beta uprising possible.

being a nerd is no longer 'special', everyone is a nerd. SJW culture gives them another niche.

>cod4
>the game where everyone trash talked to hell and back
>fucking 8 year olds screaming about raping your mom
Nah man that doesn't fit. Sure it had normalfag appeal, but normalfaga have shit tempers and it brings out the best/worst of them.

Millennials all grew up playing video games and had it apart of their daily life. Think about your group for friends, 6 or more of you all in a basement playing Golden-eye or whatever. Most games either stopped playing or just continued to casually play with Xbox/PS4 those are either the "bro" or "reddit" gamers and they are the loudest and most heard and marketed for which includes all walks of life. Then there are the "nostalgic" gamers who actually get into the tech and gaming industries. They do so because those were the "good old days" but they moved with the industry. They typically make "indie" games or smart phone apps and droll over old things like Zelda popping back up. These are the ones that get into big game companies are tear them apart because they see themselves as "gamers" but they are more casual that the bro and reddit tier gamers.

Then there are the actual gaming freaks. They never got into development, they don't really give a shit about old games, and all they do is deck out their computers and play the best games they can find. These people live and breath their computers and are typically against any kind of new age faggotry. While their friends pushed onto sports or the latest gadgets they were raiding dungeons at 3 am calling people nigger faggots. These are the people who will typically roam around here but since they are not content creators and since they have toxic ideologies they are no longer pandered to by the gaming creators who are the "nostalgic" nerds.

Was Dark Forces a good game? I've always wondered....

yes. First doom like with a missions system iirc.

Jedi Knight Dark Forces II is the shit.

Brilliant game, released a couple of years after I was born but began playing it at around seven

well said

>When did nerd culture turn leftist?
Witcher is still fighting the good fight
3 games
2 major dlcs
0 blacks
0 diversity bullshit
pogroms are a norm in witcher universe
main hero fucks countless women and no one dares to bat an eye

>That fucking octogon labyrinth

>Kotor
>Galactic battlegrounds
>Dark Forces
>Galaxies
>Empire at War
>Battlefront 2
>Rogue Squadron
>Republic Commando
>Jedi Knight
>Shadows of the Empire

Holy fuck

>Libertarian

Only in the sense that nerds have always wanted would-be censors to fuck off of our games. Maybe you missed it but there's been subtle leftists propaganda in the whole of nerd culture for the last several decades and before the SJWs it was the moral majority style cuckservatives trying to censor games. Gamergate and the SJW crusade against white male nerds didn't create any liberals it just caused the ones who already existed to rabidly virtue signal and invite in/hire money-leeching whores to aid in the virtue signaling.

If anything lately we've seen more gamers and nerds shift openly to the right than ever before. However our leftists counterparts are louder and more pathetic than ever before so they do get noticed more than anyone else.

you're absolutely correct. go check out baldur's gate: siege of dragonspear. one of the greatest game franchises utterly destroyed because of butch SJW feminist head writer injecting trans bullshit into the story (you cannot skip the storyline like others. it's slapped across your face). The backlash was fairly big.

>Be a white male in tech
>Liberal male AnCaps start the computer revolution in their garages
>Come up with a plan to keep them from ruining society and keep white males from going extinct
>I start taking hormone blockers and shoving dildos up my ass and dressing like a trap and watching anime trying to turn myself gay
>liberal jews think I'm a good goy pizza pedo and let me in on their plot to make fucking young white traps legal if I share my pizza with them
>90 year-old WW2 heroes and their nazi grandsons find my anime imageboad and become keyboard warriors and scold me for being such a faggot
>They tell me rich AnCap jews and feminists are taking control of my games and end up stalling tech progress in a massive way by blacklisting white males and dumbing down science in general
>They tell me piracy makes it hard to make money, jew investors are coming in and paying for propaganda in games to keep stock prices up
>They tell me it's a big plan to replace my race and collapse western civilization and build Israel and they have proof
>Start lifting
>Ally with the US President's autistic kid for the fate of the world
>Be m00t

It looks like a logical consequence of women getting into the video game scene/industry. They don't understand it and/or are awfully bad, but they get unbelievable attention.

true, but they're still fun

Nerd has a entirely different meaning now. It used to be that asocial nonathletic guy with a dorky face. Now that would be called an autist. What's a nerd today is someone who buys into escapist fantasy merchandise and is a loyal enough fan to purchase anything relating to the franchises as much as he can. It's technically a cash cow gimmick that started with the Big Bang Theory: popularize capeshit, sci fi and video games, make it normal to a "nerd" by redefining the term, and earn shekels by doing so.

Your average autist, or what comes in mind when you think of nerd, is probably either apolitical to leaning left. Remember, the autist escapes into fantasy to fulfill the role he couldn't have: the courageous medieval warrior who gets the girl and successfully breeds the new generation. Egalitarianism is another form of fantasy so that these people have hope without doing anything.

Back in the day it was the moral right trying to persecute video games, then it shifted to the left censoring and making games PC. The gaming community back then fought back, now they just sit back and take it.

I miss m00t

>rise of the triad
nice

The 2013 one is great too (except for some irritating platforming sections)

Get a harder tech job then. Last time I checked, the infrastructure and methods involved in trading bitcoin were complex enough to keep the liberals out.

>Alone in the dark

Nice. Frederick Raynal was good.

>then a bunch of stuff happened and Donald Trump got elected

Gets me everytime

This. Dark Forces II used the Sith engine IIRC

look it's JUST as guess but I'm going to say Jews and Women

It's a shame. The first Star Wars trilogy was good, no racemixing bullshit, zero darkies except Lando

This can't be real... fucking sauce please

You're seeing too far into it. GTA SA's villains were two black males (Tenpenny and [spoiler]Big Smoke[/spoiler]). Most others had white characters

>commie kike lover
>pushing 56% meme

Knew it

Here you go leaf: youtu.be/sYAfYil9hPk?t=143

The english version was somewhat censored and required me have a youtube account.

At least it's not a pale redhead.

> tfw could be Chad
> tfw great facial bone structure, nice eyes, great teach and pretty much perfect hair
> tfw fat so none of that matters