Net Neutrality

Getting into a discussion about NN with some smug pro NN people. Can you anons give me some material why NN is a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcmag.com/g00/article2/0,2817,2458307,00.asp?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNhLw==
youtube.com/watch?v=G35g5HQVjpU
youtube.com/watch?v=le2R2Ps58pQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oB3bfrmfT-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pcmag.com/g00/article2/0,2817,2458307,00.asp?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNhLw==

It gives power to the FCC. Obama's move, clarified by Hillary when she said sites like Breitbart have no right to exist. The plan is to use the FCC's power to censor wrong think. There is nothing neutral about it. The solution is to break up the monopolies. Not giving the government the power to censor.

Tell them to post fuck all Jews on Twitter and then they'll see net neutrality in action.

almost all of the opposition to the repeal of NN is based on imagined scenarios built on fear. multiple isps have stated that they have no plans to enact the payment plans many say will result with the repeal.

Kill yourself, stale meme, sage in all fields

I'm gonna go ahead and /thread this here

Nn doesn't even work
These Jews keep banning us on social media and they keep shutting down DS

>. multiple isps have stated that they have no plans

>mfw people actually believe this

why all the salt?

Typical right winger too fucking stupid to come up with his own arguments so he's asking other right wing retards to think for him.

This. It's just the corporate monolpolies and their bought off politicians working together to fuck us.

Obama: hey Comcast, tell everyone you're going to make faster lanes etc
Comcast: why that seems like bad pr...
Obama: so the FCC can control the internet. And we'll ensure you never lose your Monopoly, plus well ban anyone pirating or saying bad things about you
Comcast: my nigga

I can't wait for the Jew owned ISPs to start throttling Sup Forums just so that you dumb republitard sheep get what's coming

Yeah because corporations would never lie. The fact they are advocating against net neutrality makes it pretty clear what they plan to do. Literally the only reason to be against net neutrality is if you are an ISP and want to charge your customers more for fast lanes.

There are two main arguments for Net Neutrality.
>1) It'll cost more!
Things costing more isn't a good reason to add layers of regulation. I guess torrents should be perfectly legal then because everyone will get stuff for free.
>2) ISPs want to censor speech!
ISPs don't really care who's talking other than their competition. If you really cared about free market "censorship" (which isn't a first amendment issue), you'd also care about Twitter and Youtube banning users for wrongthink.

Oh, god, just let it go. Honestly. Net Neutrality is done. Maybe not this year, or next year. But the fact is there is money to be made, and power to grab. and you bet your ass that these companies will stop at nothing to get their hands on it. Just shut the fuck up about it. Learn a thing or two from history, bend over, and take it up the ass. It's less painful and over faster that way.

Sage

It's not layers of regulation faggot. It's treating ISP's like a utility that's it. You're argument is like saying "let's make theft legal" because making it illegal is too much regulation.

The government doesn't need to provide what a proper society will already provide.

>It's treating ISP's like a utility
Internet is not a utility.

ISP's aren't "internet". They are a service provider that provides access to networks.

The minute they kill net neutrality the nooses will tighten around their necks and Pai and all his friends will be left dancing by the rope for the entire corporate world to witness. Because new ISPs will emerge with exclusivity deals. People will be shut out of services by vengeance as those services act against the ISPs that killed NN, and then they'll turn and beg the government to make it stop.

It'll never stop. Let them neck themselves. Let them and their stockholders dance.

Steven Crowder

youtube.com/watch?v=G35g5HQVjpU

This is some real cringey shit

Just acknowledge that neither of you know what is actually going on and shut the fuck up

Have you ever considered that just because some smug liberal happens to hold a belief, doesn't necessarily make it incorrect?

I'm not sure but we'll all find out when we're forced to use chan.att.net because all other sites will have, uh, connection problems.

No. It's reality. The death of net neutrality will lead to supporters of net neutrality strangling the internet and cutting it apart. Out of spite. The nightmare will be presented as Comcast and Verizon are locked out of the market. There's no law or reason that any service has to allow Comcast customers or Verizon customers to access anything. They have the freedom to discriminate on the traffic they allow.

>he wants his internet to look like this

Have you ever considered that billion dollar multi-nation corporations don't have the best interest of consumers in mind?

Jews never do anything wrong right user. They are trustworthy folks.

Really, there's the trap. Because there has been infrastructure being laid for ages. You have this One World Internet conspiracy going on and these massive companies that Ajit Pai is rimming totally oblivious to it. They're all oblivious to the fact that they're all being sent out to die. And so they're going to die. They're going to smile that sheep smile as they sign and celebrate the documents that will mark their end.

If reddit disagrees with it it means less state interference and more competition. I haven't even been following NN or it's details, close?

youtube.com/watch?v=le2R2Ps58pQ

youtube.com/watch?v=oB3bfrmfT-I

I suppose that one positive of this is, if you are a friend of the idea of the free market, that this will be a winnowing. You have these fat, stupid, lazy, ignorant pieces of shit running these massive internet backbone companies. And they're walking right into the slaughterhouse of their own volition. Them being ruined, stripped, and dragged away is just a health check of industry. They're prey to be fed upon by greater and more cunning beasts of industry.

>b-but they promised
oh come on

Could you explain where are you getting the idea that NN legislation will enable censorship? From my understanding, Net Neutrality is the principle that internet traffic should not be prioritized (that is, the rate at which data is transferred cannot be intentionally altered based on where it is coming from or where it is going to).