America is an uneducated mess

American public school teacher here, nearing 10 years. Not sure what the fuck I'm doing but it's good pay and benefits for what it is. I drank the "be a good goy and teach kids" kool-aid and took a hard left turn far away from my STEM field, meaning it's tough to go back. The only options available to me now are to become a school administrator or maybe get a job in a university.

Either way, some bullshit about the job I felt like sharing. I feel like as a teacher I get a front row seat to the downfall of American civilization and the rampant degeneracy that goes on these days. Sharing some things that bug me and then I'll be around for Q&A if anyone's interested. I'll give Sup Forums the obvious shit it wants to hear first:

>Smartphones/social media were the biggest mistake in all of Western civilization. Every kid in this country acts like a fucking drug addict if they're more than 2 minutes away from their phone

>The more money a family has, the more sway they have over the school

>New teachers are all liberal, sensitive, SJW losers. They are so wet behind the ears its disgusting. The drop out rate for American teachers is disturbingly high, with over 50% leaving the job within their first 5 years. Many of them spend their first year crying themselves to sleep at night.

>The more veteran a teacher, the more bitter, racist, and conservative they are behind closed doors.

>Suburban white kids are the smartest kids in every one of your classes, without fail, and the only ones who are actually learning anything. They're the only students with parents who hold them accountable for their bad grades.

>When you get into the more challenging/advanced subjects, the only students who actually perform well and put in effort are your middle class/rich females. No actual and measurably intelligent male student takes their public school education seriously. Many of the smart boys just get by on coasting or having a rich family.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=de_b7k9kQp0
youtube.com/watch?v=eeEWPbTad_Q
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_on_shoulder#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can I get your job with bad work history? I will educate the fuck out of them

>Rural white kids only give a shit about white trash shit, like Trump, trucks, mudding, dirtbiking, and surfing Craigslist to look for more trucks/dirtbikes/4-wheelers/etc. All of them have chips on their shoulders and do more drugs than the minority students. They usually become the only parents you see return to the school in 10 years dragging their kids around and bragging that "they used to run this place." High school will forever be their peak in life.

>Inner-city male students are practically unheard of and disengaged when they are the minority in a classroom. When they are the majority, they turn your class into a reality tv show.

>Inner-city female students are every stereotype you could imagine when they get into groups. The more ghetto they are, the louder they get. All they care about are boys, shitting on each other, and taking photos for their instagram. By themselves, they're either absolutely quiet with a chip on their shoulder or very polite and surprisingly good students.

>LGBT students could get away with murder and the schools would defend them. I witnessed a "genderqueer-lesbian-furry" student strip in front of a group of boys and just get a slap on the wrist because they were expressing themselves. I was at a meeting where a mother brought in a lawyer to sue the school for misgendering their child in an email before the child fully "came out" to the school.

>Our students, more every year, cannot do simple math problems without a calculator

>My high school sophomores (15-16 years old) failed their literacy and reading tests at a rate of 75% failure

>My high school juniors (16-17 years old) could not name a single monument in our nation's capital

>Can I get your job with bad work history? I will educate the fuck out of them

Do you mean you have a poor resume? There's actually programs to get people into teaching who have no background, yeah. Check your state.

Bump for interesting thread.

No, nothing I want to know. Stitch this back up, put it into the morgue.

I guess the only question I have is why did you do this?
like honestly, do you have a passion for it or did you kind of just fall into it as a better of other options?

I'm only asking because I haven't been in public school in over a decade and I couldve told you it was all like that

What in your professional opinion would need to change as far as the school policy and administration is concerned in order to get the students working at sensible/respectable levels?

Why is it, in your opinion, that blacks have measurably less intelligence than all other races by such a wide margin?

I can't imagine having to teach when younger and younger kids are getting their own smart phones and shit.
What grade/year and subject do you teach?

Kudos to you OP. But just think, you get to see Rome's decline phase happen in real time! It's a front row seat to history in the making. After the collapse we will be valuable historians to the enlightened future society

>be helping wife’s little sister with her “geometry” homework
>is actually basically pre-call
>she has no idea what’s going on
>workbook has a common core website attached to it
>go to it, find curriculum
>they assigned the wrong one
>they have a geometry curriculum but the district sent the wrong ones out to the classes

I’m planning on raising hell at the school district tomorrow. I’m livid

How come americlaps spend about 25k per student compared to our 9k yet get similar PISA results?
Where does the money go?

Its goes to sports nigga

I'm a teachercuck as well and can vouch that everything said here is 100% accurate.

Negro folk are an enormous drain on pretty much all public spending.

Why do you think it is that kid's math skills are dwindling? I have a few guesses, but would love your observations.

money is just credit is just debt
the more money the government throws at an institution the more control is justifiably gets to wield over their operations
this means more undecated enabled blacks (dem voters) and encouraging white children to engage in toxic behaviour to keep them from starting a family

it all begins and ends with money user

Teachers & special needs. It's getting to the point where half of all students are considered special needs, but very few are actually retarded. They get categorized as such because they get exempt from testing which determines funding.

What's the deal with generation Z and staring at phones all fucking day?

they are the most boring sad sacks of shit I've ever seen in my life.

youtube.com/watch?v=de_b7k9kQp0

we have calculators on our phones. why the fuck would you ever sit and learn lath for any reason at all. we already know and understand time and space. i can't take anyone seriously who actually believes that "going into maths" is a career choice. it is obsolete. what is there left to figure out? literally nothing.

alot of this

And after no child left behind (which already payed attention to special needs kids) was removed the new policy was to focus all effort on special needs kids and to tell kids who are struggling to fuck off.

So you end up with a scenario where if a kid doesn't have a perfectly stable home life (or some skank who has some 25 y/o boyfriend to shack up with) they get fucked in school because the school benefits from dumping and their scores out of the system. this gives the school more money.

The school is incentive to keep retards in school till like 25 and to get rid of anyone who isn't achieving highly. So we don't actually use the money to improve education, they spend it on tablets for gen z faggots to stare at, and as a daycare for retards

All I read was
>STEM
>STEM
>STEM
>STEM
>fucking niggers
>STEM

Just give me a quick rundown

>the more money a family has the more sway they have over the school
Nonsense. My family was rich and we couldn't even get them to expell my bully who lived in a trailer park

>No actual and measurably intelligent male student takes their public school education seriously
XD le smart but lazy XD

>Many of the smart boys just get by on coasting or having a rich family.
My rich family couldn't save me from failing .

holy fuck leave

damn thats fucking weird, they tested a reaction to smartphones in mice without really knowing it.

What happens in our schools has only the most tenuous relation to education as it was understood before the 20th century. What our schools most closely resemble is a mix of daycare and propaganda dissemination. There is a tiny minority who carry out actual work in the hard sciences, and that's it.

What grade do you teach?

how many of your students would you say are "quiet kids that never talk"? do they have good grades?

What subject in what part of the country?

law mandates that only one percent of students may be exempted from standardized testing.

I have a little anecdote to add.
I was visiting in California. A friend of mine organises an after-school activity at a local high school. She asked me to help out.

The students were mostly mexican and black, with some white students, one of whom was plainly autistic, and another (a 15 year old female) who was basically taking her clothes off in class. They struggled enormously with the simple activities, and could not effectively communicate even the most basic concepts to myself or each other.

Afterwards, I told my friend I was impressed by how well they all managed, considering their learning disabilities. I mentioned that I didn't realise that she taught at a special needs school.

She looked at me angrily. "What do you mean?" She asked. "It's not a special needs school. Those are just normal kids."

Those were normal kids. I remember laughing a lot, afterwards. I literally thought they were all retarded! But they're just normal Americans.

Maybe in the suburbs it's different (this was a school in the city), but holy shit, the 56% meme, if anything, doesn't go far enough.

You Americans should wake up and see what it's really like in your schools. it would make my hair fall out if it was my country.

It's the K-12 system that dumbed them down. You're being an obedient wage cuck and continuing the cycle of enslavement. School is design to produce dumbed down proletariat.

>Rural white kids only give a shit about white trash shit, like Trump, trucks, mudding, dirtbiking, and surfing Craigslist to look for more trucks/dirtbikes/4-wheelers/etc. All of them have chips on their shoulders and do more drugs than the minority students. They usually become the only parents you see return to the school in 10 years dragging their kids around and bragging that "they used to run this place." High school will forever be their peak in life.

This is so true.

I was considering going into teaching at one point, but the thought of getting stuck inside some ghetto school scared the shit out of me.

Bennies were crazy though, both my parents were teachers and retired at 55 and get nearly full pay for the rest of their lives, plus they both collect social security now too.

They net more income now than they did when they worked, which never seems to get brought up when discussion about "poor underpaid teachers" gets brought up.

>why would you learn math
>america

>but it's good pay
Don't even.

I transferred to a half spic school and it was a lot like you describe. Low IQ behavior is abrasive to society and rubs off on people.

>faggot flag
>admits to being retarded
>even his family's wealth couldn't turn it around
>posting in a thread about American educational deficiency
>doesn't see the irony of it all

pottery

Illegal kids draining resources from the education system. No one talks about the overall impact.

Nice thanks
I'm going to deprogram kids

>All of them have chips on their shoulders
i'm sorry for being such an uneducated idiota, but wtf is this supposed to mean

The smart Americans know all about how stupid people are since some of us had to sit through 8 years of public schooling. When you know everyone is retarded, it's actually a lot easier to make money and be successful. I'd cry about this, but my country is dead and nothing, apparently, can wake it from its slumber. So, the next best thing is to just exploit the morons.

arrogant, cock, proud without any merit

Sounds like a state law.

I know there is a huge financial benefit to classifying students as special needs beyond more money in special needs programs.

School should be stem, personal finance, based history, capitalism, geography, construction work and mma training.

>>Our students, more every year, cannot do simple math problems without a calculator

how simple? if it's arithmetic with single digit numbers then that's sort of fucked up - but multiplying/dividing double digit numbers you might as well use one, it doesn't make you stupid it just makes you less error prone

Keep climbing the career ladder at your public school. If you become an administrator, you'll have control over who gets hired and what gets taught, so you can redpill the next generation. We need a LOT more conservatives in education so we can unfuck what the postmodernists did.

feeling like they have something to prove - it's an American idiom

Thank God for Catholic School Education!

Growing up I got made fun of for being a manlet, not getting laid, and eventually for losing my hair. I grew up in a shithole redneck town. It finally occurred to me in my 20's that everyone I grew up with ended up addicted to heroin, most likely all sub 100 IQ, and most have kids they don't want, or have spent time in rehab or jail. I started calling them stupid, low IQ, and retarded in facebook arguments, and they completely shut down..... like I had hit the sweet spot, and they couldn't take it.

Point is, if you have kids who are being bullied, them to go off on how stupid their bullies are, something like "You have shit brains, low iq, and will likely work labor jobs until you die"

idk, I wish I would have figured that out years ago..... no one gave a fuck about intelligence in my high school.

>t. valedictorian

Technology and social media have ruined any chance of K-12 education even being effective anymore.

it's only looking back now that i realize how most of my highschool teachers were dumb as fuck and didn't know their subject material to a degree well enough to teach it

I remember in physics asking for help - specifically asking the rationale behind the equation so I could better apply it to solve the problems
the teacher just looked at me blankly and told me to read my study guide (fucking copy/pasted half-assed shit) or ask another student

lmao
shouldn't expect much more of public unionized teachers

im an engineer now

minus the capitalism, and you have fascist school

>multiplying/dividing double digit numbers
Are you being serious here? You'd use a calculator to multiple 54 times 32?

I don't think it's a surprise intelligence and opportunity most often comes down to money. But it's also not a surprise the education system is outdated as fuck and needs a hard reinvention.
It's time youth are taught how to actually prepare for adulthood, and to specialize. I knew I loved English studies ever since primary/elementary school. I abandoned math in my 10th year of study. My friend was the opposite. Another friend always wanted to build houses since he was a child, without his family even having anything to do it, and what a surprise, he owns his own business in construction now.

I mean, I understand we're forced to learn algebra because it helps mould the brain when it comes to more practical, math-related issues in life, but there's no way it can be healthy or productive at this point to make students forcibly do 2-3 years of advanced mathematics anymore. Just like it isn't necessary to dedicate an almost entire year to teach a student on how to write an essay before their senior, important years.

I escaped my final year of high school with books only. It was mandatory for the students up to two years behind me to have laptops, and the three years before them were required to have fucking iPads. My school was laidback (see: horrible, producing failed students) and I hung around with teachers during classes as alumni just to see how shit worked. The laptops and iPads provided fucking NOTHING. They were hardly even tools to help, they were either complete distractions, or were just devices to be used during free-time/breaks.

I'm digressing hard because it's stressful to think about. I learned next to nothing in high school. My forensics class was to watch episodes of fucking Bones in the theatre room for a whole semester. That's how shit it was, and that's somehow fucking allowed. I'm content with where I am now, but so much of what GOOD I know is self-taught.

tl;dr: THE STATE OF AUSTRALIAN EDUCATION.

the school system is a gambit to equalize the playing field so that tall poppies who are smarter, or natural leaders, suppress those elements that make them unique and are just tricked into existing as mindless chattel just like the 100 IQ morons.

Honestly, being in public education made me more racist and more aware of how fucked this country actually is than anything I've ever seen on this site.

>I was at a meeting where a mother brought in a lawyer to sue the school for misgendering their child in an email before the child fully "came out" to the school.
That's wrong on so many levels. Are people going mad?

Not memeing here, but genuine question:

Do you think that America was ever different? I mean, the country was built on the exploitation of the red indians, then on the exploitation of blacks. After slavery, the exploitation of the working class in the Golden Age into the depression. If anything, the interwar and immediate postwar are anomalies in the history of your nation. Now we've reverted, basically with the dotcom bubble/ total regulatory capture by governments/ gigantic vertical monopolies like Time-warner and Amazon.

It's always been about a tiny elite exploiting the masses. You realised early on what time of day it is, but I'm suggesting that it was essentially never otherwise in your country.

Must be really strange to belong to a nation with such an odd heritage.

It's still really nice to be able to do quick arithmetic in your head & spit out answers by memory. Calculators are great, but it is so important to understand the inner workings of an equation.

What about Asian students? I find it hard to believe not a single Asian is actually doing good in your classes. And this is based on experience and stats, not racist virgin pol memes

this

>Can I get your job with bad work history? I will educate the fuck out of them

No you won't. Your job is to demoralize and control, to crush creativity, not educate.

sure. i think some people are better at keeping numbers straight in their heads than others, and i'm not one of those people. i'd be way less likely to fuck up punching them into a calculator than i would be crunching them in my head. i guess there's writing it out on paper, too, but i'm sure that would be slower

I'd use a calculator to do 4 times 2. The only reason I don't is because my brain can do it quicker. If I have to do 54 times 32 and I'm on the computer:
open a tab, google 54*32

>>My high school sophomores (15-16 years old) failed their literacy and reading tests at a rate of 75% failure

How the fuck is this even possible?

Not knowing 11x11 by the time you enter 6th grade should get you held back in 5th grade. I had squares of up to 20 memorised by 4th grade because of how annoying pythagoreans were

There's no reason for them to learn proper english, so they don't do it.

>held back
If this actually happened you'd have elementary schools full of 20 year old niggers.

Yeah fuckin shit, I'm sure I'm not special in this, but my highschool was a fucking ZOO. Kids showing up high on E and fucking up teachers, somoans almost killing each other in the weight room, star Chad divers punching cops in the face and getting away with it because "muh diving competition!" Girls basically getting raped at parties while they are a beer away from alcohol poisoning and not being smart enough to realize it "Lel, I think I lost my virginity last night"

I was pretty much black pilled by the time I reached college. I'm about 123 IQ, not especially high, but high enough to realize that I grew up in a godless butt fucked shit hole.

America has always been a giant psyop, I'm fully aware. The reason this country is so great to certain people is because the place is set up for smart folk to exploit stupid folk. I know many people who are happy that this country is a giant scam because they're rich as a result. It's sort of familial, unfortunately. If you come from a family that isn't fully aware of how it works, you'll probably end up just like all the other peons. The problem now is that in the elite families that have raised their kids on this knowledge, drugs and other addictions have decimated their ability to recreate what their parents achieved. Just my observation of it.

Also, I'm a European, I just grew up in NYC because of work. I never bought into the American system and was always taught that the American dream is to trick idiots and make a fortune doing so.

>teacher for four years
>cornered students, peers, admins, and parents
>lose all my hair
>quit
>find quiet shop downtown
>i sell clothing to old people
>couldn't be happier

I don't know what you guys are talking about lol my high school was one of the best in the state and the students there were basically quasi geniuses, we were learning college shit like integers and series by sophomore year, almost every white kid was in honors or AP classes, and our debate team won all the time. It was a public school too, and not even 100% white but more like 75%. Man I can't believe the shit schools you guys go to lmao

Are u from reddit?

>Be me.
>Teach high-school math in Asia for 2 years. >Enjoy the fuck out of it so come back to the West to get qualified as a teacher.
>Teach math the West for 2 years.
>Nope the fuck out back to Asia (now with a higher-paying teaching job due to teaching qualification).
Teaching in the West is an absolute waste of time. There is no discipline whatsoever - the students run the class and they know it.

The "teaching qualification" was the most humiliating year of my life. I was taught, by English teachers, how to teach math. They graded me on my maths teaching ability. They openly admitted to me that they didn't understand year 9 maths (for 13 year olds), yet gave me very poor marks for all my assignments and observed lessons.
The maths teachers at the school I worked with all gave me excellent marks, and I was quickly hired at that school as soon as the teaching qualification was over.

Politics were brought up almost every day during my teaching qualification. Right-wingers were obviously scum. The class was, of course, 80% female, and the "males" that were there were atrocious. One guy put up his hand one day and asked:
>How do you deal with right-wing kids? Like, I know it's not their fault, it comes from their parents, but I'm just not sure I'd be able to control myself around them.
I half expected the lecturer to be like "what? stfu". But no, lecturer was completely sympathetic and said "I usually just try my best to steer them in the right direction."

These people are the dumbest cunts in the world. They have ridiculous ideas about everything. For example, we should give our class a survey once a month to get their opinions on how we should teach our lessons. (Yeah, cuz 13 year old dipshits, who spend half their time openly telling teachers to "fuck off" are surely gonna know how their teachers should teach them, right?)

that's why egalitarianism is pushed so hard publicly - it's a way of denying/gas-lighting how massively unequal our society is and always will be. what you've said is true but most Americans would never acknowledge it - there's a saying you'll hear sometimes that goes like this: "in america, nobody is poor. there are only temporarily embarrassed millionaires." poor people tend to think that they just haven't made it yet, and that their success is just around the corner, or they are blamed/blame themselves for being too stupid/lazy to get ahead, and not on the system that keeps it that way. if you try to blame the system, people will shame you and call you a socialist. it's a winner take all culture. isn't that how japan works too though?

Similar to my situation, but i hated the structure. They are literally nothing but Pavlovian conditioning chambers that force you to worship the government, jews, and shitskins.

youtube.com/watch?v=eeEWPbTad_Q

Tell me all about how you used to run your high school

Also, side info on "chip on shoulder". Interesting.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_on_shoulder#

As an ex-teacher, I can vouch for all of this 100%. I had a student assault another teacher and send him to the hospital. His dad was rich, he got in no trouble. A guinea too. As a boarding school, we had to deal with underage nude snapchat drama. Class was the best part

Absolutely. Most "humanities" programs are full of feminist cucks, and high schools, in their current state, are not adequate preparations for any career here.

Integrals*

Largest middle class by % in the OECD. Japan is the most egalitarian capitalist country on earth, barring the ministates like Iceland.
>small pops always overrepresented as outliers

I feel like that movie Cloud Atlas was warning the descendants of these rich people to not fuck up, else they end up in the serf caste.

>American public school teacher here
Why the meme flag?

What precisely triggered you about my statement? Do you need a safe space?

Moving to Asia and teaching there was the greatest decision of my life. The worst behaving students are on par with above average students in the West. The amount of respect I get as a teacher and a human being is amazing. Students will say hi in the corridors, or if they bump into you outside of school they are pleased to see you.

I feel like a university lecturer, sometimes. I teach Cambridge math and AP Calculus, but the brighter students will come to me with questions that they are researching on their own, outside the scope of the course. (E.g. one guy came up and asked about the Laplace transformation - I didn't know how to answer his question, but we researched it together for a few hours and worked through some of the details. I learned a lot and he learned a lot.)

It's an entirely different world. If I was still in the West I'd probably have a false rape accusation or something to wreck my career by now. Teaching in the West is a waste of everybody's time.

>be me
>go to smallish (pretty rough) rural 100% white school
>about 800 kids
>100 in my year
>80 make it to year 11
>40 go on to sixth form
>30 don't get kicked out
>5 make it to university
>1 of 2 to not do a pointless degree
my teachers were so shit they either did not care and hardly turned up to lessons or became the victim of bullying by the whole class
but i made it out so fuck everyone in that shithole

I guess all the decent teachers go and teach in private schools once they realise 98% of the pupils are a lost cause

╬ You say Lady Gaga, I say Hitler
╬ You say Miley Cyrus, I say Hitler
╬ You say T-Pain, I say Hitler
╬ You say Eminem, I say Hitler
╬ You say Jonas Brother, I say Hitler

It's niggers and nigger culture

Once you get below 50% white, you'll see how shit your school becomes. A lot of white kids that become the "minorities" in school get picked on for doing better. And a lot of white kids see all the beaners doing absolutely nothing so they do the same and think that's normal.

WEW how can that even happen

I got C's because I aced all the tests but did no assignments

How to raise successful kids in amerimut world
>Make at least 500k a year
>Put kids in private school
>pay for tutors
>pay for private lessons
>put them in tons of structured activities
>if any problems put them in counseling
>be smart parents
>Make sure kid applies for the best schools and scholarships
>your rich faggot kid will probobly get a scholarship to an ivy leage school even though he is a rich faggot and doesn't need one
>He graduates top of class from Harvard/Yale/Brown/Stanford/whatever
>has plenty of nepotism and cronyism to fall back on, even though his resume is solid platinum and he will find a job with at least 150K starting salary

I've seen it, I moved to (((Boston))) and this is how all of the perfect rich kids live their perfect lives.

My upper middle class family worked all fucking day, and I was raised by the television set.....

>Didn't stand a chance.jpg

>8 years
????

Kek

you wouldn't have had that problem if you'd just used a calculator lol

I work in a college admissions office. In my experience this phenomenon is usually tied to shit schools that grade based on attendance, i.e., high attendance rate = high grade. Baltimore schools do this sometimes. I once had a kid from north philly with a 3.6 unweighted GPA, and a 420 combined SAT score.

Other times, i will get transcripts where a kid has below a 1.0 and his grades are mostly F's and some D's -- but still graduates. The rationale is that it is cheaper to wave a kid through, rather than hold them back. They aren't necessarily dumb, they are just so incredibly ignorant and wrapped up in their own bullshit that they completely ignore what functioning members of society would normally prioritize as highly valuable. 9 times out of 10, this is usually learned in the family (or lack thereof).

Other fun stories:

>This is a big football college. I once answered the main phone line and a kid just kept saying "foo'baw" (football) over and over again. E.g., when do you graduate? Nah, dat foo'baw. Did you want to talk to the athletic office? foo'baw. Well, where do you live? I play foo'baw.
>One kid came into the office mad as hell that his student aid/scholarship was contingent on his grades and credit load. He failed all of his classes because he just never went. They are sat down in a separate orientation and explained exactly how this thing works in simple terms. He was barred from taking out a lot of his aid, and threatened not to play for the team anymore.
>If a family calls up pissed off they got rejected, 60% of the time, they make a threat about calling Trump. I can't explain this, but we did calculate it over a year in the office.

You guys think rich kids are entitled? They ain't shit compared to Athletes.

>star Chad divers punching cops in the face and getting away with it because "muh diving competition!"

Did they force any of you to read a book about swimmers from Spokane WA? They go around fighting the KKK and beating the shit out of a pill popper? Seemed like propaganda to promote exactly what you describe.