It's a "World War II but with magic!" show

>It's a "World War II but with magic!" show

Shuumatsu No Izetta, and the World Witches series (Strike witches, Brave witches and otherwise)?

Face it, bitter old poor faggot.
Nobody in your country ever want to pander to your cheap ass, much less moon rabbits.

Does anybody perchance remember that one anime about WW2 featuring cute girls that was made to look like a legit documentary? I don't remember much but it would suddenly cut to interviews with "real" historians. It was terrible.

First Squad: Moment of Truth

>Trivialize the most brutal war in history with fucking cute anime lolis with magic powers and saphoerotic tendencies.
>Pandering to anyone.

>b-but people died in it...!

Every show set in WW1/WW2 Germany has been total trash

There's what Strike Witches? And Brave Witches? All the other ones I can think of (Youjo, Izetta) are WWI, not II

>it's a world war 2 show but with magic!
>nobody gets marched through the dark forest on the way to Mordor

Yes.
What fucking point are you even trying to make? I'm American. I get a giant fucking boner for WW2. Stories of heroism and sacrifice, clever technology, fucking farmers carrying shitty little pea shooters into the woods and sniping a triple digit number of Russians. That's WW2, not this gay ass fairy faggot shit.

How does one thing invalidate the other?

Joker Game. Once again, you got aced by me.

Deuces.

fullmetal alchemist?

Ok. Let's look at a recent example.
WW2 had a total casualty count of over 60 million people. 6 million of these were Jews who died in shit camps from malnourishment, disease, or just being worked to death. 5 million other people (gypsies, gays, Jehova's witnesses, and political dissidents) were imprisoned alongside them. The level suffering that wracked Europe and the Pacific cannot be put into words.

In Izetta, maybe 10-15 nameless goons die before the end of the show, one of them died purely because Fine's "spy" was a goddamned retard. Everything else is Izetta flying around and doing what real people had to fucking die to achieve, while totally "not" being a lesbian with Fine in between battles.

nein, just germany with magic

What? Izetta is World War II. Did you not notice the metal airframes?

World War I, actually.

I haven't finished Izetta, put it on the backburner. Just finished downloading all the eps today, gonna watch it all tonight.

>K-on but the girls are in a spanish town and wear military uniforms
My suspension can only go so far.

I'm having fun with Youjo Senki though

>WWII
shows what you know, fag

Valkyria Chronicles

>WW2 Anime
>Japan are the good guys

B-but the Holocaust never happened senpai

There's also Zipang.

>"World War II but with magic!"
So, World War II?
>Spear of Longinus
>Norse/Celtic artifacts
>The Divine Wind
>Native American windtalkers
Technology race aside it was the biggest, worldspanning exhibition of cultural mysticism ever.

It's not very good. Unless you've seen fucking everything even slightly military or yuri I'd skip it

> it's a show about high schoolers

>It's a "hijinks in akihabara" show

It's been almost 80 years since World War II started, senpai. It's okay to start loosening up some.

>muh six gorillion

Sure, but they could at least do the source material justice. There are ways to incorporate magic and witches and lesbians without making WW2 fucking boring.
>I can't add.
11 million.

Draw a circle, that's the world!

valkyria chronicles is absolutely bad-assed.

there is also The Cockpit, but it barely counts...
same Hotaru no Haka