Can someone explain to me how skating competitions actually work?

Can someone explain to me how skating competitions actually work?

I read that GPF series and Worlds aren't actually professional but amateur, and professionals aren't allowed to participate but that doesn't make sense because then what are Victor and Chris? How Victor has an Olympic medal then? How faithful YoI actually is to these competitions? Is it because of the copyrights over the Olympics?

Other urls found in this thread:

chaotic-tendenci.tumblr.com/post/155758368569/february-animage-yuri-on-ice-section-scan-part-1
mega.nz/#!JEQyzb7C!LkQo8NJpNoRU-CfbCWqzV_pzaPD1zACwoNNqloALUtU
sendspace.com/file/bdbwvq
sendspace.com/file/79ajb9
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Games#Amateurism_and_professionalism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they act really gay and spin around, sometimes in circles

Ask Sup Forums.

Thanks user everything makes sense now

The guy with the tightest boipussy wins.

>Victor has an Olympic medal
>Victor won all these time because he's being allowed to participate in a competition above his ranking
>he has been steamrolling newbies full of hopes and dreams

Here's another fun fact about skating

Most if not all gold medals are made of silver with a gold coating so like 1% of the medal is actually made of gold

Ice skating is a faggot "sport" where you do flips like a retard and a few judges rate them based on their personal tastes.

>sometimes in circles
WOW!

what if I want to squate a perfect square

>squate

I'm a retard

All the characters are technically amateur skaters, or competitive skaters. Professional skaters do things like disney on ice types of shows and are paid a flat amount for their performances, competitive/amateur skaters win prize money on how well they rank.

I see

So Phichit is the one who dreams far beyond of everyone

To the people who wanted magazine scans to check the translations themselves, I found this blog that has some

chaotic-tendenci.tumblr.com/post/155758368569/february-animage-yuri-on-ice-section-scan-part-1

For those who don't know how to browse:

Miracle on Ice: mega.nz/#!JEQyzb7C!LkQo8NJpNoRU-CfbCWqzV_pzaPD1zACwoNNqloALUtU

February Animage: sendspace.com/file/bdbwvq

Just like how the Olympics is for amateur athletes?

That mega link is broken.

Fuck I swear it was working some days ago. I will send a mail and hope I get a reply.

Or the one who can suck the most judge dicks.

I will never understand why someone would go through the trouble of scanning something and then only share it with a dozen people. It's not like these magazines will sell less if you post scans and when they become old in a few months they will be hard to find. These kinds of scans should be posted everywhere for posterity, most of the interviews aren't compiled later. Take a look at magazines from the Code Geass time, a big part of it is kill and lost forever thanks to all of the sites that were taken down that were hosting them.

I hate this trending too. Back in the day everything was scanned and saved, this is why we have so much shit from the 90s.

I believe that it's just an antiquated technical thing. Competitive skaters are by all means "pro" but under skating terminology they're "amateurs." Saying someone will "go pro" soon is more or less an insult saying they are getting too busted for competition.

Side note, I wonder if Onsen on Ice would technically be allowed

Interesting. Thanks user!

It's Onsen on Ice just like an exhibition?

The blonde woman still fucks me up

Why does this Fairy have such a lewd waist-to-hip ratio? Is that even allowed?

In canon he has small hips

Better for jumps.

>woman

Don't fucking lie

Will his ass be bigger than Victor's once he's done growing up?

I don't think so, his frame looks a lot smaller than Victor when he was around his age.

>Yes because i don’t share the link anymore. :)

Sorry guys

There's only this link but the images are probably too small to read the kanji sendspace.com/file/bdbwvq

lord willing

>you are now isabella
>chad fiance flying around the world doing l33t sports
>stay home to look after sick oba-chan
>check instagram
>see this
>what do

I'M THE KING JJ NO ONE DEFEATS ME

Someone save her.

74 mb is a pretty decent size for scans. How big was the mega one?

Realized I posted the wrong link, it's Febuary Animage that it's here too This is Miracle on Ice:

sendspace.com/file/79ajb9

>24 MB

The owner accidentally put smaller sized images on that download, will mail to ask for the bigger ones

Coolio.

She'll choke him with the JJ necklace.

We should make a google drive with all the official shit we get our hands on like that Free! google drive

We can't let information and art disappear, fucking hell

You can just make a somewhat obscured link, put YOI/Yuri on Ice masterlist on it and leave it in the archive. Easy enough to locate unless we have a second archive.moe going down.

That's a good idea. I'd be for it.

Oh, great idea.

See, I wouldn't count on just tossing it in the archive because that's exactly what would happen.

Alright who here knows how to google drive?

Really? Well that's new and interesting to me.

Praying for best boy to make his official debut S2.

kek, someone post the Cao Bin stalker posts.

>end of S2 is a Massan-like end

How mad would you be?

Go to bed, Kubo.

What I got from the show is that if you spin more, you win more

You try balancing on a pair of blades on ice and jump and land perfectly. Go on I'd love to you you fail.

What's Beka wearing?

What the hell? He's the only one wearing an original outfit

It's an impostor. The real Otabek could never lift his leg so high.

China looking lewd as per usual. I suppose the surprise is cao bin?

Do you think Cao Bin will run for Four Continents?

How do you spin around not in a circle?

What if someone was so hurt over Cao Bin retiring, they decided to produce a story about him succeeding with a new foreign coach?

I still don't understand how the 15 year old won when he tripped. It's just one of those 'subjective' sports, the judges 'like' how you perform. It's not pure technical skill and if you pulled the jumps off.

Cao Bin will never be relevant, just like PABarthezz. ;_;

You get a lot of points for attempting difficult jumps even if you fail, that part of the scoring is not subjective.

So I'd get more points if I claim I'm going for a quad and fail the landing (but recover enough to finish the run), instead of declaring a triple and sticking it 'perfectly'? The scoring system of dance/gymnast arts always confounds me, particularly when a level of personal taste from the judges comes in. Just feels iffy and wrong (and why there's a panel of competing countries (except for the one performing) in an attempt to stop favoritism in the olympics).

It used to be.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Games#Amateurism_and_professionalism

No one is going to pay their bills with competition that happens every four years, so Olympic Medal isn't really indication of being pro.

It depends on a type of jump. For example perfectly landed triple axel will give you more points than failed toeloop or salchow quad.

Yurio was 20 points ahead after short program. He lost most of his lead after free skate, but it was enough for him to win. These types of situation happen quite often. I've seen competitions where winners tripped repeatedly during free skate and still won thanks to short program.

Is Horriblesubs really my only option with this show? I heard Crunchyroll looked like shit compared to the TV broadcast, but nobody subbed that?

>He won't even bother to google how technical score works by himself
>Comes to this thread to specifically to blog his shitty opinion about how 'fake' this sport 'feels'

It's clear as day where are you coming, from ShitPoster-kun. Fuck off, literally no one here cares about m-muh real sports.

it is correct to figure skating scoring.

pic related

HorribleSubs ripped from CR, so you'll get the same product regardless unless you download raws. I haven't heard of any fansubs that have happened.

If I were you, and you haven't seen it, just wait for the BDs so that way you don't have to cringe your way through QUALITY.

I love YoI but, jesus christ, I was a hair away from dropping it after minami-arms in Episode 5.

Horriblesubs is a CR webrip. The only HDTV source is the first ep. There are currently no BR rips and even if Dad's computer user delivers they'd end up with probably m2ts that needs to be encoded and the subs (maybe) retimed.

HS isn't that bad all things considered.

>I love YoI but, jesus christ, I was a hair away from dropping it after minami-arms in Episode 5.
Same. Those bds better have fixed animation for those routines worth the money they'll cost.

I don't think the nyaa RAWs are anything except possibly more questionable webrips honestly.

I'm wrong Ohys is TV source.

I'm glad they changed that grumpy old man to Victor.

kind of sad they changed goofy yuuri though

Already started it. The first episode was mindblowing, but I'm prepared for shit quality, I hope. I just don't want to wait for BDs

Good to know I'm not the only one. BDs are worth every penny; I hope the rest are as good as the general clean-up on the first two episodes.

problem is now they are basically guaranteed to sell they may cheapskate their way through the edits

Episode 5 and 6 are the worst in terms of QUALITY. Duplicate routines from the later episodes are improved but it's pretty inconsistent.

Obviously MCs routines are improved through the series.

I don't see any difference here except for Fairys mouth

It really shame that it have huge quality drop. Rewatch it these recap derpy face and editing scream low budget. If MAPPA know this will become mega-hit and push out all resouce for it. Atleast S2 will likely have a bigger budget.

The problem this time was a fucked up schedule. They had barely enough time.

it's hard to communicate with shitty smart phone images from twitter.

I have the BD but I have a stand alone blu-ray player so I can't take caps; so you are going to have to trust the fact that the changes (even the subtle ones) impact pretty profoundly on the overall quality even for Episode 1 and 2.

It didn't have as much to do with budget as it had to do with time constraints. People keep assuming "budget" when shit animation happens but animation is way more than that.

>problem is now they are basically guaranteed to sell they may cheapskate their way through the edits

Now I'm fucking worried. Please MAPPA don't disappoint

I want to lucid dream about Victor.

you should probably add the note that this art is based of comments from the assistant director interview:

>Shishido: Yamamoto said that skaters have muscular butts, so pronounced you could place and balance things on them.

>you will never have an otabike of your own

We truly don't deserve Sayo Yamamoto.

She's right. Skaters really do have the best butts.

I'm also not sure about budget, definitely there were time issues, and on a more disturbing note production and management issues.

The amount of key animators per episode was kind of obscene. MAPPA is small, I get it, but outsourcing so much and with such inconsistent product is sort of a big oversight.

If you watch the Kenji Miyamoto choreography extras you can see they are constantly filming his legs, so assumably they drew those first for the sake of accuracy to the routine (because often the legs aren't QUALITY), then drew the upper body separately which is why they had such fucking up perspective.

It's just disappointing because I know that the show could have so much more impact if or when they are fixed. i.e. actually being able to tell that Otabek is far more stiff, JJ spins faster/higher.

I love how Piggy just goes with anything Victor suggests. Naked stretching in bed when

I'm geniunely impressed by KyoAni. Eupho didn't have as much animation as YoI, but still.

I really really hope they take enough time to fix all the skating scenes. They already fixed Phichit's for the last episode so I'm a bit optimistic.

Do you think mappa will proritize Yoi for the cash cow that it is or will they use Yoi money for other shows because they're non-fujos.

*non fujo shows.