Scanlation thread

General scanlation thread

Also, needed to have someplace to dump the proofread script for Ballroom chapter 43

Here you go: pastebin.com/mGPQcvNd

There was somebody cleaning the chapter and an another person who volunteered to typeset it. Thanks guys! You're the best.

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/comic/_/comics/front-mission-dog-life-dog-style-r3408
www11.zippyshare.com/v/jNOww1Mo/file.html
www73.zippyshare.com/v/H98DJuoU/file.html
exhentai.org/s/95ff8a8397/802684-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OniisamaTL needs translators. V19 is around 20% done, but due to a series of unfortunate events we have lost our quickest TL. As such it is very likely that we will fall behind by more than 2 volumes. If you're interested in translating mahouka, then let me know.
Also we have connections to raw providers for LNs. If you're translating another series and need raws that are not openly available we can make an arrangement if you join us.

Well, look what got a new chapter.

bato.to/comic/_/comics/front-mission-dog-life-dog-style-r3408

Anyone care to do this? new oneshot from Ana no Mujina author

www11.zippyshare.com/v/jNOww1Mo/file.html

It was even worse than his usual stuff, the guy has some good ideas but can't turn them into a decent plot for shit. He needs to just team up with a writer who won't get instantly canceled like Narita.

ok, what about this? another Jumpo oneshot that look promising

www73.zippyshare.com/v/H98DJuoU/file.html

Ureshon fucking when?

Is all people do now is translate new manga?

More-or-less. It's how you get readers. Nobody wants to be the one to translate Golgo or something and have an absolutely constant but small and unchanging readership.

This, I wish the classics were being tackled

Just sent off the script for the last chapter of my first project. Feels pretty good man.

Feels good huh.
When I finished my first big project I cried like a little bitch though.

It's a really cleansing feeling, huh? I envy you guys, I'm stuck here messing with thin vertical bubbles.

It was only 3 volumes but yeah it's an amazing feeling.

Speaking of Golgo, a chapter was released recently.

>constant but small and unchanging readership
So you mean everything by Go Nagai, then? It's depressing when you realise how little people actually read his works that aren't the big 3 from like 2008 when they were done.

Here's an example. And most of those views are from those who just clicked on it when it was a newly added manga.
>Omorai-kun
>25 followers
>6.9k views

Anyone wanna translate three pages of hentai

Not really, but I can make up h dialogue pretty and plot well

title? raws?

This page and the next two and I'd love you in return
exhentai.org/s/95ff8a8397/802684-3

Not recently enough, I say!

>So you mean everything by Go Nagai, then?
Him and all the others. It's depressing when you realize how little manga - not even translated - is scanned and uploaded online. Willing to bet that it wouldn't be hard for you to find a work of his that isn't scanned.

Looking for a dedicated redrawer for Bakuon!!

Contact us at #[email protected]

>wanted to ask user to translate online comic
>want to try to do it myself

How do you guys keep yourselves motivated to learning moon?

Can anyone translate this one page here?
I'll give you credit when I release the chapter no problem.

Learn moon.
Realize I can now read it and am no longer dependent on scanlators.
Motivation increases.

>ビーマイナス
Bee Minus/B-Minus or something. Must be the name of either of those robots or the name of an attack.

That's a bit rough without context but it seems like he's just saying "B-?!" (B minus?!)

Here's one way that can work: pick up an extremely out-of-the-way and inconsequential series for which you can upload chapters to batoto. Set yourself a weekly schedule or whatever for you to get the chapter done, and don't allow yourself to upload it until that week is exactly up. If you can't figure out a line or two, force yourself to sit down at the last minute and figure it out, and upload it. You'll spend the whole week fussing over whether or not you made mistakes, and that kind of mindset better nurtures your overall curiosity in the language. You'll want to know *why* a character used のは instead of は, you'll want to know *how* certain things in the language evolved - like ず、ーな、ない、and ぬ; you'll come to understand previous mistakes you made and be able to reupload the chapters and correct them.

It's just a pleasant way to go about things, if you don't mind admitting to yourself that you can be wrong.

Thank you, I get what it means. It's pretty much the MC's nickname.

How would you guys translate "mokyu-mokyu"?

*mocks you twice*

Depends on what happens in the scene

>no raws
Yeah, tell me about it. There wasn't even raws for Ken Ishikawa's 5001 Yakuza Wars so I couldn't even have a quick look to see if it was any good. Even so, it was pretty good.

What kind of redraw is necessary? The only thing I know about that series is Mad Max reference.

Dragon Half got licensed. Seven Seas must've finally found it after scraping the monster girl barrel.

I'm legitimately impressed by the new Seven Seas announcements. I'm italian so I don't really give a shit about what gets licensed in English usually but most of the series they mentioned are solid and not that well known. I mean stuff like Devilman G or Alice & Zouroku aren't even translated in English and titles like Dragon Half have a small fanbase and are not that well known especially when compared to series other publishers work with.

I also like it.

Devilman G is Champion Restu, so maybe they can get Voynich Hotel.

>Champion Restu
It's Champion Red, not Retsu. Voynich would still be amazing though, a single volume hardcover would be a dream come true. Nickelodeon would also be nice but that's never happening since it's published by Shogakukan.

Ah, my mistake. Are they not both under the same publisher? I think the Retsu magazine got retired.

Champion Red and Champion Retsu are both still going, it just happens that Devilman G was published in Red and Voynich was in Retsu.

This kind of stuff. I'm glad you know about the Mad Max referencing chapter, that one was proven very true when we watched all of the movies.

Hmm. Doesn't look that difficult since one could mirror the right side and paste it on the left, and then use the text to cover it up.

Is that one of the harder redraws or easy you've been facing?

Nothing they do is impressive when they choose most of their series by their popularity from this site. Releases are hit and miss like most companies, one of better ones I guess.

>hardcover voynich
I want this from Vertical

Look closer. It doesn't mirror that well.

Vertical has the publisher in their no-go list. They're Kodansha boys nowadays.

Other than the odd absolutely horrifying cover, it's generally fairly tame in terms of redraws. The typesetter(s) just don't really like redrawing all that much and it slows down the entire release process when they stall and moan about it all day long.
If you've got an interest in bakus and stuff, stop by the IRC.

Go pokemon and change it to whatever the equivalent of pika pika is to the character's name.

You mirror parts of the image, not directly one side on to the other left to right, silly.

You'll find the trick is to cover it up, then work on the redraw. I find it much easier that way. Anyhow, I might be able to help you guys depending on how much pages actually need redraw and how long it would take me to do it. I'd prefer to chat via email, but I'll drop by the IRC tomorrow when I find it.

>when they choose most of their series by their popularity from this site
Of course, Dragon Half and Cutie Honey truly the most popular of series around here.
Or how could I forget about Wadanohara that one is such a classic you can't go a thread without someone mentioning it.

>Alice & Zouroku aren't even translated in English
It's getting an anime, though, so that's clearly why they licensed it. Had this been a year ago or something, and they were just going off of quality and critical praise, then I might be more impressed at the choice.

irc.rizon.net:6667
/join #teammoe

Most licenses are made well before the announcement so it could have been before the anime was confirmed.