Why does anime get such a bad rep among normalfags...

Why does anime get such a bad rep among normalfags? I mean everyone liked Toonami but god forbid if you want to watch something with more mature themes.

It can't be the shitty fanbase because literally anything remotely popular has a horrible fanbase. Skateboarding used to have an abhorrent fanbase then suddenly it became cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nL60hgTVPa0
youtube.com/watch?v=fDFaNTr44lE
youtube.com/watch?v=iERZrTVqL_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cause they're cartoons that aren't Disney movies, Simpsons or Family Guy. Reality television crap is seen as better sadly.

Why do you give a shit?

>It can't be the shitty fanbase
It's just that most western anime fans are fucking retards.
youtube.com/watch?v=nL60hgTVPa0
youtube.com/watch?v=fDFaNTr44lE

Because I like anime

Because anime fans are annoying.

Anime doesn't get a bad rap because at best nobody fucking cares. What gets a bad rap is retarded weaboos who feel the need to force anime into every aspect of their conversations and argue it's merits when no one was challenging them to start with.

Does normalfags not enjoying it somehow inhibit your enjoyment?

And I like rape hentai, but I could not care less that most people dislike it.

So?

Because sexualizing cartoon 14 year-olds is kinda weird.

Does it matter? Are you wanting to make it into a conversation topic?

Have you seen the stuff Sup Forums eats?

Child pageants sexualize 8 year olds and normalfags don't seem to think that's too weird.

There's nothing wrong with fudge-coated pizza, okay?

Nah. Everyone but those delusional mothers thinks that it's fucking weird.

Yes they do

The people in those child pageant shows are like circus animals. They also are nearly as sexualized as even a relatively tame loli manga like Ichimashi

There's an old saying. A group is only as good as the worst member of it.

>wah, I have to understand why people don't like what I like
>wah I need "normal" people to like what I like so I can feel more normal

get the fuck out of here and never come back you sack of shit.

Anime isn't even unpopular with normalfags. Barnes and Noble stocks Idolmaster figures now ffs

>tumblr gif
>reddit spacing
>talking about normalfags

Ok buddy

Shounenshit was always popular.

This. Ninety-nine percent of western anime fans are so cringey as to be ejected from mainstream society, meaning the last one percent (which I include myself in, and I suspect a lot of Sup Forumsnons do as well) is forced to hide their powerlevel as to not be associated with these troglodytes. Additionally, the anime fandom often just does not fit within mainstream western ideals. Go look at the catalog right now. A couple footfag threads, some lolicon threads, at least two incest threads, wait a couple hours and there's guaranteed to be an armpit thread up. Sexual deviants perving over cartoon children will just never be accepted by the mainstream, and saying that you like K-on puts you too close to that camp to be respected by society.

The fact that you even ask the question reveals your newfaggotry.

Please take this shit somewhere else.

>It can't be the shitty fanbase
OP BTFO'd himself, what a retard

>idolmaster
>shounenshit
?

Why do you go around trying to talk about anime with normalfags? They don't try to talk to you about sports, or whatever the fuck they're into these days, do they? Or if they do and you don't like it, why do you think it's okay to do the same shit yourself?

>>reddit spacing
Every time.

Are you a mong? Normalfags love Anime, and soon will even moreso once all the Hollywood adaptions are coming out.
Of course they won't watch the actual show, just like they wouldn't read comics or watch cartoons, but they sure as fuck like the concept of it.

Because deep down, I always will care to be accepted by society, so I try my best to fit in or to make others accept me.
That's why I pretend to be teenage loser here on Sup Forums, because I want to fit in here too.
I think I'm doing quite well now. Soon, I'll even master the skill to tell everyone whose opinion I dislike to go return to the news aggregator site Reddit, and I will use the quote function solely to mock another user.

I don't know but the niggers from my high school loved anime. Anime has gotten more mainstream in these recent years.

Good

Watching that made me physically ill

>He doesn't know how to line break in markdown

>They don't try to talk to you about sports, or whatever the fuck they're into these days, do they?
They do. I can't fucking spend time with my normalfag relatives without them demanding a sports game be on tv.

this, if 90% of it didn't involve high school age characters it'd be more accepted

The problem with other anime for me is that they're fucking trash. Going beyond Toonami made me realize that 99% of anime is utter garbage.

Imagine yourself in the Toonami bubble. Your world is Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy, Yuyu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Outlaw Star, etc. Because of this, you conclude that Japanese anime is amazing so you start looking for more. Then you slowly realize that for every Welcome to the NHK or Tora Dora, you get 99 Sumomomomomos, Koharu Biyoris, Hayate the Combat Butlers, Kodomo no Jikans, Potemayos, Amaenaide Yos, and H2O Footprint in the Sands.

This used to be something that only Sup Forums viewers used to know. Now it's ubiquitous to the point where even GTA made a parody of it.

Why don't you just watch anime on your computer?

>hayate
>trash

And not spend time with my family? What would that solve?

>I try my best to fit in or to make others accept me

I gave normal faggotry a try for a few years for educational purposes. Believe me you don't want to succeed.

Hopefully it stays this way.

put zero no tsukaima in there as well

Agreed. Normalfags have ruined so many things I like already. I can't think of a single example a surge of bandwagoning normalfags ever improved.

>what would that solve

Not have to awkwardly force yourself to participate in normalfag activities.

ockam:
because anime is not that good as you think it is

Or you could just move to Mexico and have everyone in your office laugh at the Yamcha episode in DBS.

I find it hard to believe people just avoid showing they still love something they enjoyed as children, I guess different cultures have different Taboos and most English speaking countries are too afraid of been seen as children.

Fans of a lot of things are annoying

I've never understood the reasoning behind wanting anime to hit mainstream sucess, the popularity amongst most things never ends well for anybody and once the trend subsides it's just left in a pile of smouldering ash that might never recover.

Hopefully those things will find a new hobby once we make everybody implicitly associate anime with fascism.

That goes for any medium of entertainment

Don't pretend like western shit gets nearly as bad of a rep as anime does

I find it even has a bad rep among some of the guys at my comic shop. Myself and a few other people watch anime, and we talk about it in passing, but in general the guys have no interest. It's not necessarily disdain, but I believe a lot of them saw something generic or bad and that formed their opinion on the entire medium. I think a lot is lost in terms of culture, and that's why "western" themed shows like Cowboy Bebop or Attack on Titan got so much traction overseas.

What's even odder is they all don't bother with manga. These are dudes that have been reading weekly and monthly comics for decades, and most have never tried to read manga.

This is very relevant to the thread.

>Why does anime get such a bad rep among normalfags
Only anime normalfags hates are the moe shit.
Believe it or not normalfags are ok with anime.
t.normalfag

Steven Universe and Undertale fans are infinitely more annoying, and they're both pretty popular, so that can't be it.

Normalfags don't like Steven Universe either. They like sports and reality TV

Yes, because it becomes impossible to mention it unless you know you're in a group where this is acceptable.

>Why does anime get such a bad rep among normalfags?
Are you living in 1998? Anime is incredibly popular.

>Normalfags don't like Steven Universe either.
The dumbest thing I've read on this website.

if only being an alpha nerd wasn't so rare/hard, then this wouldn't be an issue.

Most betas find refuge in fringe hobbies and introverted stuff, but it's rare to find someone who is naturally alpha and naturally into this stuff or become alpha over time.

Anyways, I think if more people were confident with their hobbies they could just tell these guys to fuck off and keep their stuff protected.

Because they're cartoons, the fans are annoying and there's pedo stuff in some of them

>Kodomo no Jikans
>Implying you actually watched this and then judged it to be bad

Not OP, but I actually hate how I have to hide my powerlevel. I shouldn't have to hide my favorite TV shows like it's some sort of creepy fetish.

>This used to be something that only Sup Forums viewers used to know. Now it's ubiquitous to the point where even GTA made a parody of it.

Ok, dude, you do realize that there was a time when this actually was the general stereotype of anime in he west, as violent perverted nonsense?

People who watch cartoons and post on tumblr aren't normal fags

You must be stuck in 2007, liking cartoons has become a lot more socially accepted nowadays. You can say you like Adventure Time or Spongebob and nobody will bat an eye.

>my comic shop

Sup Forums people are plebs who are too caught up in their own medium of tropes to care.

>but I believe a lot of them saw something generic or bad and that formed their opinion on the entire medium

This is generally the case with people who don't like anime. They either think anime is annoying, screechy catgirls or Pokemon style toyetic shounen.

Your idea of a normalfag is vastly skewed.

>bad rep among normalfags

have you been living under a rock user?

Same thing with anime. In fact most of the people who like Adventure time and Steven Universe also watch anime. It's not obscure at all

It's better that way. Besides, as long as you're not an ugly autistic sperg who always rants about anime nobody's going to give a shit. Get fit, act with confidence, and nobody's going to give you shit for saying you watch anime when they ask you what you do in your spare time. Fucking loser.

Normalfags are about as familiar with anime as they are with black metal.

Because hardcore anime fans are almost universally socially awkward and cringey and often lack basic social skills.

If you're attractive and gainfully employed nobody will give a shit if you say you like anime, there's been NFL players who tweet themselves holding Asuka body pillows.

You can't be ugly and awkward and have fringe hobbies at the same time without drawing unwanted attention, since people will tend to infer that the hobby (anime, videogames, DND, whatever) made you awkward and cringe rather than awkward and cringe people being drawn to it.

Also, plenty of people enjoy anime but are not remotely open with that fact specifically because they do not want to be associated with shitty fucking weeaboos.

I have a higher power level than everyone else in my circle of acquainces at uni but fuck no am I gonna publicly admit it I have hundreds of hours put into dark souls when they gush about how hard it is, and I won't admit to being familiar with anything but toonami and studio ghibli shit since I'd rather not embarrass myself.

Get /fit/ and nobody will talk shit if you go too the gym wearing an EVA tank top

Are you kidding? There's multiple reality shows devoted to child beauty pageants cause of how weird everyone thinks they are.

Prevalence of fanservice, especially loli fanservice kills it. The fact the only acceptable cartoons in the US are are for kids or adults with immature taste. (see: Family Guy), so anyone past 18 shouldn't be watching them anymore.

Combo that with insufferable weebs and just you might as well kill yourself sooner than associate with anime.

Leave your house sometime and you'll know how stupid this is.

>black metal

These guys are pretty up there on the level of pretentiousness list.

I don't know, most everyone I know who I would consider a "normie" is also somebody who watches or has watched anime. Just the other day I found out when of my normie coworkers is a complete Narutard, and if I bring up Toonami or Adult Swim most people will recall watching anime on those blocks back in the day.

Have you seen how popular Pokemon is? Anime shit is the realm of modern normies and popular nerds. The only people I know who wouldn't watch that shit are really conservative types who only care about FOX News or Football.

Most of the (in)famous Black Metal artists are so edgy that even regular edgelords find them too edgy

The west making fun of anime started in like 2009. Before then anime was refreshing, edgy, mature, and creative. Then the Japs started pandering to waifushit otakus.

Only those trve kvlt faggots.

Watching anime is pretty much a normalfag thing in Southeast Asia

This is why you stick with manga, VN's, LN's, books, ect. because normies hate reading, its like an act of terrorism to them. Reading has always been and still is, the perfect safe place away from normies.

Oh, sweet Jesus. Please lurk more.

I never talk about anime with anybody unless they are the ones who bring it up. And even if they do, I won't gush over what my favorite series are like a weeaboo. If I'm asked what some of my favorite anime are, I'll just give them a name or two and leave it to them to look up the detail themselves. If someone asks me what I think about a specific anime, I'll give a quick and concise reason or two why I like or dislike it rather than go on and on about why it's the greatest anime evar or a complete pile of shit.

It's a normalfag thing pretty much everywhere.

>lab partner is shamelessly wearing a Trigger shirt with characters from several of trigger's shows on it
>make small talk and say "dude I like your trigger shirt"
>he goes "what? i bought this shirt for kill la kill"
>mfw
Why do low powerlevelfags flaunt it the most

I'm glad I live in rural America. I highly doubt anime will catch on like Capeshit did. I don't even see too many capeshit flagrantfags around much anymore

then he would just look asocial instead of at least trying to salvage the situtation

Same. I legit wanted to kill myself

This is what happens when normalfags get into anime:

youtube.com/watch?v=iERZrTVqL_8

same, now I want my 6 wasted years back

>I saw two kids with Naruto shirts today ah man I'm so glad the anime craze is sweeping the nation!

>especially loli fanservice
and people wonder why non-lolicons hate lolis; I'm not (usually) attracted to this shit and the fact that it shows up in my anime means discussion is going to be halfway blacklisted in any community

I dunno man, I remember a few years after the turn of the century when I realized anime wasn't cool with the other kids

>because normies hate reading
what about all those redditors that love Ready Player One and housewives that love The Girl on the Train?

1) Cartoons = Childish in the west. That, or they're adult comedy shows with shock humor that you can only get away with in a cartoon. Those are also considered childish in a different way to a lot of people.

2) Cute is a pretty big theme in anime in general. Cute things are generally weak and helpless. In the west, where confrontation is seen as a good thing, something being cute makes it a target for attacks. Thus, having a big wall covered with posters of doe-eyed cartoon girls makes you an easy target for attacking, because they equate those characters with you.

3) Sexuality. Normal people like to virtue signal when it comes to sexuality, despite typically being freaky sluts in private. Anime is full of sexuality, because a lot of it is aimed at lonely men. If you're a normal person trying to make it look like you have a high level of sexual restraint, then something very niche and perverted like anime is a good thing to trash on.

4) Points 2 and 3 combined: Loli. Normal people have a hard time separating reality from fiction, and thus something like loli being so prevalent in anime means that it's an ultimate evil that must be purged.

Tell me the story of your suffering user-kuns.

Can the mods please delete this thread?