Why aren't you in university earning a degree in something useful?

Hard mode;
>No trade school shilling
If you can't use your mind in class, what makes you think you'll be able to use your mind AND body to work on a trade?

>No "uni is a scam"
It feels like a scam to North Americans since they have something called "General Education". The rest of the world don't have that and can freely concentrate on a major.

>"I make six figures without a degree"
This is only true if you're your own boss, worked for more than 20 years or are a criminal. Otherwise I'm calling bullshit.

>Muh "Bachelors degrees are worthless"
A Bachelors is often the minimum requirement for a decent job nowadays. Employers look at it is a sort of filter weeding out the weak and lazy from the strong and smart. Unless you have relevant experience, you will make much less money than those who've obtained a bachelors.

im too stupid to even finish high school how am igonna go to uni or even get a trade?

im gona be a life long neet and wage cucks like u r gonna support it. i know ill never own a house or drive a car or get a gf but thats okay as long as i can do wat i want

Reasons to go to university:
>a) You will learn something that you can't learn on your own
>b) You already know what job you want to have and you need a degree to apply to it

Wagecucking kinda sucks, but you do what you do to carry your weight in this world and move humanity forward y'know?

At uni studying VFX. Guess I'm a fucking pleb according to Sup Forums but I love it. Going on internship for 4 months in 2 months.

Just so I know where I stand?
Is a masters in computer programming and a bachelors in mechanical engineering considered useful?

>Hard mode
Canadian Studies at Duke university for $250k. Still no kangaroo-raping degrees though.

Already got by degree, paid for by the government. Thanks taxpayers.

Pretty much. I don't know where the meme of;
>College is where you find yourself!
>It's a place of higher learning!

The second one is true but nowadays I see university as a white collar trade school while trade schools are a blue collar trade school. Also people who fall for the "find yourself" meme and change their majors 60,000 times, the university will be very happy to take your money while you "find yourself"

I'm about to graduate with an IT degree but I can't compete with all the Pajeets and Changs stealing all the IT jobs.

Everything is usefull If you are creative enough with the job opportunities you apply to - or create.

I'm getting my horticulture degree and Monsanto begs for my cock monthly. Sad!

Plez to invent cheeseburger that regenerates constantly so I can have an infinity burger.

There's totally nothing wrong with that. Education is often an incentive by the government because educated people are good and produce things people want. More education in the right things means more smart people means more jobs means more money etc.

Sound hard as hell but fuck yes employers will be lining up to suck you off. I can't even imagine the amount of leverage you will have if you complete that.

But I am in med school. Hate the job though, can't stand the thought that I'd have to help all the whitetrash and shitty immigrants, so I'll probably just find some other job than being a doctor.

>university
>useful

I love this meme

>horticulture
>cheeseburger

Buddy those are animal products LOL

>american education

Monsanto could easily invent cheeseburger plant.

Yeah, that actually happened to me. I started following a meme career but then I went through an "awakening" phase of how I was throwing away years of study. So I investigated what job I would like to have and be pleased doing the rest of my life (while also getting decent money), I found it, I saw the requirements and the degree required to apply to it and I change my career to that degree and I am now studying more applied and consistant than ever because I have an actual goal rather than just "finding myself."

You're a nigger. Smelly fucking nigger.

Currently in my last year.

2nd year med student.

Yes its as bad as they say it is

I have 2 close friends with degrees, one is stacking shelves in a supermarket, and the other is an intern doing spreadsheets for a law firm (her degree is not in Law).
I think degrees are overrated.

Where do I stand.
Bachelor of Economics, majoring in Economic Analysis and Applied Mathematics?

It really doesnt offer much insight when i can youtube all your material.

i already did though

But the weak and lazy are the ones who went to college...

Because I own my own Amazon, Ebay, Etsy business and did $500 in sales yesterday. While I went on a trip up the coast.

No degree, software engineer, 165k.

Enjoy paying those loan back

Whaddya make

is this a full undergraduate degree?

I was thinking of doing an AS in horticulture after finishing my current undergraduate. Whats it like?

I do prints, retail bundles, used books, international groceries, office supplies...mostly. My main channel is Amazon,

Yeah, it's a full undergrad... and it's just like any other science field, but with something a bit more tangible and rewarding. Dunno what you'd focus on for only 2 years, but I suppose just the basics like soil science, ecology, plant genetics, organic chemistry, botany, etc. I enjoy it, but my program is the best horticulture in the world bar none, so it's a bit more intensive than I imagine most people studying this go through. It's hard not to make money with this degree, I think.

>A Bachelors is often the minimum requirement for a decent job nowadays.

Although true, it only applies to government jobs (which now have a hiring freeze due to Trump). Trade schools are objectively better, you spend half the time and money to make double or triple in pay. Either go 4years or go trade, don't buy into Sup Forums memes about education. gg no re, just see r9k if you are not convinced.

Fuck university faggots. Trades are for real men. University is for soyboys

neato

My masters defense (in an engineering discipline) is next week and I’ve got less than 30k student loans. Checkmate.

If you can stand boring work, from home. Medical "Coding" is in high demand. They'll pay you $100,000 a year and THROW work at you.

How you feeling about Step 1? First year student here.

Repeating what you are told is not using your mind, it is literally the exact opposite. School is not for smart people.

oh no kidding, where do you go?

I think there are two factors at play here.

1) Going to university is seen like going to school that you “must” so people just go because it’s just seen as the thing to do.

2) I think some people don’t realise the ultimate goal at the end is a job so that’s why so many people major in liberal arts and don’t realise there’s no demand.

I think most people realise they go to uni for a job but it surprises me how many liberal arts majors are underemployed and geniunely surprised they can’t find a decent job.

I already have a STEM Jọn without even finishing high school because I'm not retarded. No reason to go into the debt scam now.

Why would I? My wife earns six figures. I can neet it up until she divorces me.

Friendly reminder being a welder is just as respectable as being an accountant

why do americans equate getting a degree with getting a job?

anyone can get a job making more than some degree holders, doesn't make them smarter or educated.

>that's why none of our richest politicians have degrees

of course.

>university
>degree
>useful

so hire them. what's the problem?

>"I make six figures without a degree"
I do. 30 years old, 6 years in the Navy, then went into the semiconductor industry as a technician. Nightshift 12 hour shifts, 6 years in, 105k this year. FSE's can pull in possibly 50 an hour, time and a half overtime and per diem.

That said, i hate it, and will go back to college on my gi bill, but it exists double nigger OP.

>I made $500 yesterday
Maybe you should have went to college. That isn't $500.

the point of university is getting six figures without working.

>waste years to get a degree
>get loads of debt
>go to work for a cuck company and get a slave wage
>gender neutral bathrooms

No thanks. I'll just work for myself.

I got my no-BS degree 15 years ago.

Cool as heck
Does that really mean that they got so rich on the merit of their academic life, user? Because it seems like the people who you're talking about are excellent thieves even without university.
And by the way, what degree is the requirement for political life exactly? I thought so far that they are elected into office, not appointed by HR.

Nobody earns money for nothing. Best you can hope for is that the barrier to entry and your own skills can allow you to pump out high dollar value work for minimal time/effort, because of the years of knowlege required to get to that point.

> Not educating yourself like a fucking adult alpha male
> Being lectured by inexperienced careerists

y tho?

legit this, 2 years schooling will put me in a minimum 70k a year job with amazing benefits at a hospital near me, I'm about ready to say fuck it and just do it

You see, you’ve done a lot of working and have demonstrated you are hardworking. I’m comparing someone with a bachelors with no experience and someone without a bachelors with no experience.

That’s optimal but that’s very hard for most people. If you can do it great.

You have so many people getting degrees today, Do you really think you're going to get a salary like that? Look at China and how much people with degrees are getting there.

I got that by play-fighting with the Talibani.

We had a blast...now my body is different, but it's coo we ended the match 225-0.

Wasted 6 years on a hard as fuck college wasted my parents money.Get emplyed barely making over the average pay.Government raised taxes for employees but not for employers because you know capitalism is about making the rich richer.
Also they raised the minimum wage pretty close to the average wage,now a retard that dropped out of highschool at 16 will make almost the same money as me by flipping burgers.

i have a bachelors. I've never had an employer ask about my schooling, but they have asked about my experience. This is what ultimately leads to employment, not a degree.

my experience is related to my degree, but I started as an unpaid intern and turned that into more jobs/connections.

So I guess if you can learn the basics on your own, find internships that will land paid jobs later, and are able to forge documents saying you went to uni so you aren't filtered out, you can still get a job that requires uni and save the $120,000 it costs for the degree.

>memeflag

Also, I was making a point about the lack of intelligence in many of our politicians and how you can be completely retarded and still make a good living. Although I shouldn't have to tell a Jew about how our country works, you already control most of it.

tl;dr
>Please help me justify this massive debt I've collected before I am even old enough to buy alcohol in some countries.
Also sage because this same thread is posted damn near every day. Australia needs a continent ip ban

This. 2 degrees(neither was fluff) and I'm unemployed with few prospects. Retraining to be a programmer. Sad every day that I would have been better off just sitting in my parents basement learning to code and using GitHub

degree is worthless I have one in accounting.

Uni is not easy either, I was approved to law school but I decided not to go foward with it because uni seems very boring and I would regret it later on. I was sure it was not what I wanted.

So I decided to get my european citzenship and work with trade instead, but I want to join the army so I hope I can get both to work out.

Jonah?

>help me justify a super complicated job of screwing bolts

I forced myself into physics, it's hard as fuck and I barely enjoy it

> memeflag

Ha, I like that. Israeli flag is meme because kikes are so predictable it's a fucking living breathing punchline.

On a side note...I see pi, infinity and God language in the swastika and preach the Truth non-stop because righting wrongs is just what NGNSs do!

I think that you mischaracterize your politicians. They might be evil thieves and traitors but I highly doubt that the truly wealthy thieves are unintelligent. People don't hold a nation by the balls with a two party "democracy" by being dumb idiots who got to power on the merit of an advertising budget alone.

Don't do it. Hard sciences suck so much dick.

on muh dick

>bad goyim! You must trust the elite! Or else my rabbi will be upset!
>oy vey

Don't make law. Living in Brazil you'd get stuck in this shithole your whole life. Thnk about this: if you graduate at the law school the only knowledge that you, thinking in a global scale, have is: A) the law of a third world country that nobody cares or B) none.

Do a favor to yourself and graduate in something usefull for humanity.

College is a scam unless you have connections. The people you know matter more than qualifications because 90% of the hiring process is skipped when a certain level nepotism is present.

Follow the herd - the usual routes to nowhere - as a wage slave or a student and get fleeced.
The whole system is geared up to farm you.
I don't know how you expect to have time to earn any money if you're busy all day. control your urge to conform, proles.

>high school dropout/no GED
>community college in my area is nearly $10k a year
>already in my mid 30s
>work 50 hours a week
>no interests in anything

Hopefully things turn out better in the next life where I can hopefully have a respectable career lIke an engineer or something.

Yep.

I wasted like 4 months throwing my resume around on Indeed, never got an interview, applied to hundreds of jobs, literally heard back on ~5 telling me to fuck off.

Switched to another site and suddenly recruiters started hitting me up, seems promising.

TL;DR fuck Indeed

P-please tell me it’s worth it!
>IwillgetajobIwillgetajobIwillgetajobIwillgetajob

t. accounting major

Like I said, I got approved on the ''Vestibular'' but I didn't go foward with it. I don't want to graduate on anything, I wish to move out ASAP as Im getting my europan citzenship soon.

This is as true as a very true thing on true story Tuesday.
Be better connected, proles.

A university degree is worthless unless it is Engineering.

A 2 year diploma for something like medical radiology tech pays more than a humanities graduate.

Accounting is a good tickle. But be more dishonest, you earn more that way, proles.

Already got a bachelor's and currently working on my master's thesis in computer vision.
I'm pretty retarded though so it's not that easy since I don't put enough effort in.

>Engineering

Not so fast

Chemical Engy, Electrical Engy, Mechanical Engy, Bio Engy are all beyond saturated.

Experience is everything faggot. Everything. If you're still studying you have a chance. Suck as much ass as necessary to get experience/intern. Go to the Ca/CPA job things and network the shit out of yourself. I thought the degree had inherent value, but its fucking worthless alone. I also fucked up some opportunities, by not seizing them.

what the fuck are you saying? I can’t understand that accent.

Thats why you become a fucking apprentice and learn how to do the job then you can become self employed???? Dont give up buddy If I gave up I wouldnt be where I am today and you wont be where you will be in the future.

I have a degree now, and a salaried position and all that. But I have no idea what to do going forward.

Got a finance degree from a (decent) state school, and I currently manipulate excel spreadsheets on a daily basis for an energy company. Besides some vague idea of grad school down the line, I honestly have no idea what I should do. I feel so far behind.

Engineers are 10 a penny and working in petrol stations you bad advice monger. Disregard Canadian advice, proles.

Man, you are a proper moron aren't you? Please show where I've implied this. Because whet I've actually said is that they are immoral criminals who deserve no recognition beyond their potential to cause harm to America.

You dont need college, just a clever mind. I bought my first home in 2000 at 21. I purchased my second one in 2011. With $10,000 in savings I now am in the black 500k. Plus i have savings, 401k, and a pension. Don't spend your money on shit that doesn't make money.

Where are you today?
(Australia, because we caught your grandad worrying sheep)

Prove it.

Anything business related might as way be called “sucking up 101”. I’ve already attended some events by PwC by my uni and they always want to know my name. Anyway this comment by someone here on accounting haunts me. Basically an user said;

>they’re always looking for new blood and often don’t care about work-life balance. They’ll squeeze everything they have out of you and you’re expected to take on overtime since everyone does it too.

That’s not exactly what he said but that was the main message. I-is it true??