How come gun ownership in most populous US states is rather low...

How come gun ownership in most populous US states is rather low, while on imageboards every American poster does nothing but rambling on about muh guns and always feels the need to carry a gun on him?

Is it some sort of personal insecurity?

Other urls found in this thread:

thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/daniel-zimmerman/hell-wrong-nebraska/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

uhhhhh well the obvious answer is that people who own guns are more likely to be right-wing and go on right-wing message boards, you fucking moron. how about think reasonably a little bit before you say retarded shit like "muh personal insecurity of gun owners" or whatever

Because it's a fun hobby enjoyed by young people

FPBP

dont reply to stupid bait threads plz

t. gun owner that couldn't win a fight to a woman

>not understanding poll bias

Americans don't have to register firearms, it's not like you can just go to the federal government and get stats, you have to ask a portion of the population and then extrapolate.

>the lowest percentage on that map- the absolute lowest- is 5.2%
>a bare minimum of 16 million gun owners
>"rather low"
>2 or 3 shootings a year worth talking about
>"an epidemic of gun violence"

This is why people hate the jew.

also these numbers are prob skewered. they prob count household guns as owned by only one person. so every married family across the midwest (which is like almost all of them) now has 3 or 4 or 5 people with access to a gun in their home but the ownership in your data is attributed to only one

>enjoyed by young people
>young people
but every statistic out there clearly indicates gun ownership is decreasing per generation.

wtf is up with Nebraska

Dont people hunt there anymore?

I lived there when I was a boy, we had all kinds of guns.

yeah some of this is def bullshit. i lived in maine for a while and you could just walk into a walmart and buy guns easily. walking around there it seemed like almost everyone had a piece strapped to their hip or in their car. 22% is def wrong and i lived in a couple different areas of that state / travelled all over it for my work up there

I wanted to ask about that too.
Is there anything that sets Nebraska aside from neighboring states like Kansas or Missouri?

Women

Also, how do they factor in my family's guns that were passed down?

I would assume that in case of a pol they probably asked a higher percentage of urban people

Sage & Hide this obvious slide thread

its possible they have some anti gun law

im too lazy to research but there must be something

lots of hunters there, lots of farmers too i guess

yeah i mean if you wanted to skewer the numbers in maine you could just go ask people in, say, portland, which is a fucking fag liberal ultra-leftist hive of new england. in the entire rest of the state though if you DONT own a gun you're basically running a risk i mean for fucks sake not only is it like 20-30 minutes before the cops show up but jesus what if you run into a god damn bear or something?

I'm sorry your team didn't make it, but if it makes you feel better: the Netherlands won't attend as well.

Also some gun nutjob blogs say that Nebraska is a gun grabbing state on par with Vermont.
thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/daniel-zimmerman/hell-wrong-nebraska/

That's because urban populations are growing faster
Why are you obsessed with American gun statistics?

As someone who lives in Alaska my only rationalization behind less guns in populous states is with all the people packed into an area they have a retarded sense of security. Sure they maybe worry less about bears or cougars or wolves but they really should worry about their fellow human. They don't though because they're retarded

40% of Maine lives in Portland. Any population density maps clearly shows basically the entire state lives around maybe 4 towns.

>Why are you obsessed with American gun statistics?
I just wanted to upset some people. But I was genuinly interested in the situation of Nebraska

yeah it's true that you don't really "need" a gun in the city like you do when you're out in the country. if you're in the country you're looking at a half an hour response time for the cops, if you're even in a place where you're lucky enough to get cell reception. you're looking at all sorts of bigass animals that can terrorize you and your family and all sorts of other circumstances that create a pretty strong necessity for a firearm of some sort to protect yourself

my brother-in-law is from Maine and after visiting a few times I've noticed it seems the majority of gun owners are boomers or older and a lot of gen x/gen y don't really own guns. It's like the parents forgot to pass on hunting and just took their kids fishing

Higher population usually correlates with denser population, i.e. city dwellers.

And we all know that city people are faggots.

im glad the US didnt make it

I cant stand US soccer

I root for Poland, my ancestors

how the fuck does the NEtherlands not make it into the World Cup?

US soccer is so gay

this infographic has to be pure shit. As a Nebraskan I am disappoint. Statistically the only thing I know of that is accurate is the household gun ownership which was above 70%. There is really probably no way of knowing because most peoples arsenals are hand me downs. Trust me we have a fuckload of guns, more than we have people.

The sad reality of today is though that people living in places without cellphone reception make up less than 1% of the US population.
We had a 'dreamteam' for a while but half of them have retired and all we had to make up for them are some half black guys more obsessed with Instagram and clothing than playing football.

>population of portland maine is 66,000
>population of maine is 1.3331 million
why do you people just say bullshit? why? like seriously why? what is the point of it? why do you speak without knowing what the fuck you're even talking about?
>just want to upset people
oh. i see. yeah you're doing a real good job, congratulations. you're acting so stupid and retarded that you're upsetting people by virtue of your retardation. you must be pic related. congrats

i can't even imagine how miserable and pathetic my own life must be for my goal when i wake up in the morning to be going on an internet message board and "upsetting people"

Only rural and suburban retards own guns.

oh you think so, huh? ok, says a guy from the netherlands who has never even been to the USA and has no idea what cell reception is like here, just listens to "data" from the companies who provide that reception and try to sell you their service lmfao. again, just like you're "40% of the population lives in portland maine" comment it's patently false

>city leaf
the biggest kind of retard

>population of portland maine is 66,000
>population of maine is 1.3331 million
>why do you people just say bullshit? why? like seriously why? what is the point of it? why do you speak without knowing what the fuck you're even talking about?

This isn't true and you know it.
>The mean population center of Maine is located in Kennebec County, just east of Augusta.[49] The Greater Portland metropolitan area is the most densely populated with nearly 40% of Maine's population.[50] As explained in detail under "Geography", there are large tracts of uninhabited land in some remote parts of the interior.
In the USA cities itself can have small population but once you include the actual urban area they become huge. Cincinatti is just as big as the Dutch city of Utrecht, but take a fucking look at the pictures and it becomes quickly visible that in reality Cincinatti is a few times larger.

people from the cities can't do ANYTHING for themselves. they can't fix their car if if breaks. they can't filter their own water. they can't hunt their own food. they don't know how to grow anything. they don't know how to build anything. they don't know how to engineer anything. most of the time they genuinely cannot even change a tire if they get a flat.

the thing they CAN do is whine about "muh rural and suburban retards" and vote for big democrat entitlement programs. ok. nice. good job. and then you can't figure out why you're spending your life as a miserable wage-slave

As a Nebraskan I don't think your infographic is accurate.

If it was a poll people probably lied, as I would have, or they polled niggers in Omaha who definitely lied because Omaha is a gun grabbing shithole where you need a license to have a handgun. Where I live, a town of about 20,000, literally every household has guns. Maybe not everyone has a semi auto rifle, but everyone has grandpas shit that was been handed down to them.

Calm down you asswipe.
The USA counts urban and metropolitian populations different. As a result small cities can have million people living around it.

nope. pic related. 66,000 people in portland bud. i should know, i've lived there and worked there, as i have other places in maine. of course netherlands guy who doesn't know anything at all about the USA is gonna keep claiming he knows best

>Calm down you asswipe.

>came here supposedly to "upset people"
>is started to get "upset"
hows it feel loser? you come here and spread false info and then get pissed off when you get called on it huh? tough. too bad. serves you right
i gotta go, i'm done wasting my time with this shit

Are you too fucking stupid to understand what a metro population is?

because Sup Forums and the internet in general is bullshit. At any given time, it's a vortex of ~5 levels of irony trapped in an echo-chamber looking at itself in a mirror injected with psyops from the zionists, the russians, the cia, and ad agencies. And there's always some closeted homosexual nazi degenerates trying to lure kids into the stormdrain like at every anti-establishment gathering (see: how they ruined punk).

yawn
>changing the goalpost, changing the words he used
"metro population" in some cases can be half a state bud. ex boston massachusetts, pic related. who would ever think that "40 percent of a state" would contain "40 percent of its population" huh? with regard to portland, PORTLAND is a leftist hive but if you go 10 or 15 minutes outside of the city, literally, you're literally in the boondocks and everyone there has a gun. there is NO urban sprawl there.

soooooooooo i think YOURE the one who doesn't know what "metro population" is and i think YOURE the one who doesn't know the first thing about maine or the united states because you live in the netherlands and you should prob just keep quite about things you don't know about.

it is funny ot see you get "upset" when you supposedly came here just to make other people "upset" though. like i said, serves you right. i really do have to go now

ooops and here's the picture. now take it easy loser, im out

Oh fuck now I get it. The infographic is from Mother Jones. Progressive like brain cancer. AHAHAHA FAGGOT.

The whole of Cumberland county is maybe 300k by now which isn't close to 40% of 1.3mil

u mad

whatever you say bro, you're the one resorting to swears and who is admitting they're so miserable in their life that they only came here to troll. people like me only wake up in the morning and think about how we can make the world a better place, i can't even imagine being so depraved as to have your mindset. i almost feel bad for you

now i really got shit to do. take it easy. good luck wtih whatever issues you are facing

no, we're just more sensible than most Americans

I thought you were out

be me
grow up in Texas
around 5 dad taught me how to safely handle a gun and how to line up the sights on a target
get invited to go shoot with the men folk on south Texas ranches
get my first gun (a shotgun) at 15
join the military after high school
enlisted and officer military police
around guns all the time and shooting often
retire from that

old fuck now
still enjoy shooting and collecting guns
teach my sons how to handle guns safely and how to line up the sights on a target

have a concealed carry, kek but almost never carry

we also tend to be young, male, and conservative, and those demographics select for gun ownership, if you want to be technical about it

i am bro, why? do you feel like you're "winning" if you bait me into responding more? does that give your brain a dopamine kick? is that what gets you off? is this seriously what your life is?

My guess is that this chart is fake or inaccurate.

Guns are totally outlawed in the District of Columbia, how would they get the stat that 25% of people there own guns? Is that supposed to be people selfreporting their felonious possession?

Fuck off my board.

Just because you cannot own an AR-15 with some 200 round mag and take it with you to the McDonalds doesn't mean guns are outlawed. Not even in DC.

It's called FREEDOM my friend.

This. I took an AK to hawaii when I lived there and only knew 1 other guy who owned a firearm. Somehow mother jones thinks 54% of Hawaiians own guns.

That only means there's heaps of gun nuts.

uhhh, yup

>Personal insecurity
Personal security actually
Got robbed at gunpoint when I was 18. Got my CCHL once I turned 21. Never again nigger, never again.

>40% of maine's population lives in Portland

It's actually only about 5%. 67,000/1,333,100

Because U.S. citizens own nearly half of all privately-owned guns in the world.

Cool map. For once it is: the darker, the better

The metro population is half a million, but its still not 40%

Many western states have no idea how many guns are owned because there is no registry

I live in Arizona with 5 guns bought for cash or inherited they have no idea I own them

>telling the gov you have a gun

How cucked can euros get

No one really has to carry IRL in 80% of 'MERICA.
>We just like to remind you of how Comfy we are.

Every Boomer that dies is a millennial inheriting an arsenal

% that own guns that they know about.

There exists a good old boys network full of gunsmiths who can make weps and ammo from scratch.

We're ok go on about your business.

Realistically, no one knows how many guns there are - the system is intended to lose track of them.

That's why, in your image, MD seems to have more than Ohio - MD tries to track them, Ohio doesn't.

200,000 guns were sold in one day in black Friday this year.

Take a look at the data. 25% of DC residents own guns? 45% of Hawaiians? 20% of Marylanders?

The most liberal populations have a higher rate of gun ownership than Ohio, New Hampshire, Nebraska, etc.?

The difference is that DC and Hawaii have registries. Maryland recently implemented one for handguns.

TLDR - map is bullshit

criminals don't report ownership of their firearms

I wonder what the stats are for race and political party. Everyone knows that white republicans would dominate but I'd be curious to know just how many non-whites or liberals own guns.

this is true
and they are everywhere
purchase the parts that dont need to be registered
bore out the rest

>How come people have more guns per capita in states with less gun regulation?

Seriously?

OP it's because you need a lot of open land to fully enjoy funs. People don't own them as much in cities because there an absence of places to shoot and the private ranges in cities are run by kikes

Don't open a gun. But second amendment rights are important to me.

Is there a map which would compare number of people killed with a gun by states, to this map? I wonder if these states where over 50 % people own a gun have also much more deaths.

live in the center of detroit for a year and tell me of gun insecurity

>muh guns
the hobby if inbred middle americans who live in the backwoods with nothing else to do

Basically, a hobby for stupid and poor people, and crazed religious lunatics who think the government is about to collapse

>Virginia, 29.3%

I blame Richmond, NoVa, Charlottesville and Roanoke. Without those it would be closer to W.VA levels.

Why are Delaware and Rhode Island such losers?

>Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine being that low
Honestly makes me wonder about the overall accuracy of this map, do they even have anything to go off of other than self reporting?

>Vermont
>gun grabbing
Vermont has some of the best gun laws (or lack thereof) in the country.

This.

Includes suicides.

This.
In my state, at most, you'll have to register handguns. Most crimes are committed with them. Rifles are very unregulated. I'm a rifle/AR/AK fag, and afaik, I'm not even on government lists for having them.

Actually I feel a little more uncomfortable sexually assaulting women since I live in one of the purple states. Some cuck might think he is saving the day. Lol, nevermind, nobody cares about cucks or women and if a bitch tried something I blast her away.

Guns are a patriotic duty but after a while they do get boring unless you have huge gaping insecurities like penis envy.

I should probably buy more pocket pistols for rape scenarios, etc, though. That would be scholarly.

NH, ME, and VT are definitely higher than that

People in big cities aren't allowed to own weapons and they don't generally call Jamal in their gay little polls.

Also, people stopped telling the truth on these things decades ago when it became clear that the left wanted a complete gun ban. I can assure you that those stats for New England are completely laughable.