What brought the change?
Was it Evangelion?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/40901/0cf46313bc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>older slutty businesswomen, teacher, soldiers, university students
>>lolis are not sexual
I can't say I agree with this.

Otakus (aka people with such a low self-esteem that they feel threatened when fictional girls have a "past") becoming anime's primary market.

Who the fuck was the auduence before?

Mentally healthy successful family men?

Hayao Miyazaki, he is the first one who successfully spread pedophilic disease.

Regular kids and teens.

Regular people.

I doubt that

Why is so unbelievable? Anime are cartoons, not unlike Looney Tunes. Both are spontaneous entertainment products of their ages, not something created by committee.

What came first? The Otaku? Or moeshit?

>otakus
>low self-esteem
otaku is a term for fan of certain things. gun otaku, military otaku, figure otaku
jesus fuck

Ever fucking watch Cream Lemon bro? Actually, most 80's hentai girls are the later.

>what was sailor moon

Definitions change along with the times. A lot of people use otaku as a net term for a hikki.

Mate, anime was mainstream as fuck when I was a kid/teen, that's all the guys were talking about at school.

>80s 90s ideal
>lolis are not sexual

top fucking kek

We need to take the old,
>older slutty businesswomen, teacher, soldiers, university students

With the new,
>lolis are sexual

I mean, who knows. We could even have loli businesswomen.

And hikkis are not the real target demographic of anime, so your point is moot.

>1984
>literally called Lolita Anime

Lemon cream never had any pussy shots did it.

I remember it was always convenient censoring. Can't even call that hentai

A show made for young girls, not adult males.

>infuckingplying
Is Strike Witches a show for little girls too?

Well, Sup Forums seemed to be into it.

What are you even talking about?

The Sailor Moon manga ran in a magazine for young girls and the show aired in a kiddy timeslot.

SW ran first as a manga in a seinen (teen/adult men) magazine and then the series aired in a late-night timeslot.

I think the difference in intended markets is pretty blatant.

They're both shows where cute magical girls do cute magical things

In the past anime used to air in the afternoon and there was no late night anime, so that partly answers your question. Plus the audience for non-TV anime (mostly OVA) was different.

What happened?
Not that I'm complaining, this means tons more anime gets made

Are you just pretending to be retarded?

Pokemon and Drifters are both anime about a bunch of dudes roaming the countryside and getting in fights but I don't think many people would try to compare them.

A superficially similar premise doesn't mean they're marketed at the same audience.

intended market doesn't mean other markets aren't desiring it, just look at horsefuckers

It wasn't profitable anymore to air stuff during the day. And companies found out they can make money not from the number of viewers, but from how many discs they sell, so it didn't matter anymore at what time the show airs.

But that's irrelevant, the thread was about the shift in type of sexualized women in male-oriented anime.

Then why put it on tv at all?
Just release it online directly, tv is dying in any case

It really depends on the anime
Best anime have a wide variety, ftom pure schoolgirls, to lewd young women, from lolis to milfs

Japan funds a lot of their anime with DVD/BD sales and people wouldn't buy them if they could just stream online whenever they wanted.

I think they'd be smarter to go for the Crunchyroll model, actually, but typical Japanese bureaucratic inertia will hold that up until they really get desperate.

Probably because Japan is an old-fashioned country and fast streaming is quite a recent thing.

op said ideal, there's nothing about male-oriented anime there check again. men watching sailor moon because hot high school girls means that's their ideal no matter who it was actually marketed to, the company just hadn't discovered that was a market yet

It's because over time the anime industry had gradually developed differing standards set by the community to where the generalized idea of the worlds they create adhere to a specific set of fictional principles that must be followed if they ever want their anime to sell.
All women except mothers must be virgins even if it doesn't make sense for them to be.
All young schoolgirls must be at least slightly or preferably overtly gay for eachother.
If any female has sex with one guy for any reason she's a broken piece of trash to be disowned, but if she doesn't fuck the guy she likes after numerous chapters/episodes of sexual tension the guy is apparently a beta faggot and the story is blueballing bullshit.
A chick can be an absolute filthy cumdumpster at heart who acts like a giant cock craving slut without shame, but as long as her hymen is intact she is a pure maiden to be cherished apparently, even though 90% of the women she shares an idealized fantasy world with are also virgins so it's not like that's any sort of accomplishment.
I appreciate purity in a woman as much as anyone should, I really do, but when it's just there to pander to waifufags because they'll throw a hissy fit and burn all their merchandise if they have to deal with that aspect of reality in their delusional fantasy land at the cost of whatever integrity the character might have, it's becomes far too clear to me that I'm watching a piece of shit for my suspension of disbelief to belay instead of a good story where characters aren't restrained by the will of a bunch of whiny chink faggots with terminally shit tastes.
Hey check this out, two female anime MC's who have had sex with a man. Shitting your pants yet at this unprecedented turn of events? If it came out nowadays, you bet your leaky asses you would be.

Anime still air during the day all the time. The late night model isn't something they stuck to after failure, it's something they got shoved into from complaints and other series followed because it's cheap.

Money isn't dependent on disc sales, merchandise makes up a heavy portion of that as well. Hell, a series can sell very few discs but can be considered a success if it boosts manga sales.

Like this?

Doesn't Japan have super fast Internet?
Don't people buy BDs because of the bonus shit in them and reworked scenes?
Besides if everyone who watches it now has to pay at first they'd make more money

Use some deductive reasoning. The only way OP's post makes sense is if it's specifically referring to which characters are being marketed to men, because otherwise it's total nonsense.

combination of an "arms race" to stand out among the crowd more in order to get more sales, and a need to pander to a more and more niche audience that will fork over more money (because you lost your larger audience due to pandering to a niche audience in the first place, repeat like a snake eating it's own tail)

tldr capitalism and the free market combined with the end of the bubble economy

I'd say that you shouldn't mention their virginity unless it's literally important to the plot
And yeah blueballing is goddam awful

What airs during the day nowadays is either stuff for children (Pokemon, Pretty Cure etc.), Gundam or Shounen Jump manga adaptation (Naruto), but that changes as well - see new Gintama series moving to the late-night slot (all previous series aired in the afternoon).

Aoba!

When you say 'Japan' you mean every individual household? You have to bear in mind that most Japanese are computer-illiterate.

>Was it Evangelion?
close, it was actually nadia who is credited with creating the next generation of otaku degenerates.

NHK was the channel it aired on, which is part of the joke on welcome to the N.H.K

I want an anime about cute women (cakes would be even better) doing cute things that doesn't make the characters look like lolis for no reason.

I mean on average

>older slutty businesswomen, teacher, soldiers, university students
this is for ero-ero

>virginal schoolgirls
this is for romance

>What brought the change?
The simple realisation that romance isn't a women-only topic. What men find romantic differs from what women find romantic.
A girl saving herself not ever wanting to do it with anyone else - that's the ultimate romance. and a setting where everybody's a virgin looks quite absurd after high school age.

>lolis are sexual
Can't explain that either. A side effect? Perverts on the internet?

10s>>>>>>>>>>>>>s

I'd say black tuesday and a thirty year old recession causing a hostile work environment, causing adolescents to not participate in the community and isolating themselves jacking of to the girls they knew from middle school and high school.

no as I pointed out in my post it could be referring to the types of characters men actually wanted to see, their ideal. which is what is written in op. I agree with you that it means op is nonsense, but op is stupid if he meant to say market and used ideal instead

A lot of Japanese women have childish face

Otaku just become smarter.

>lolis are not sexual
Are you retarded?

They do mention that Aoba looks like a high schooler.

But it doesn't help that older characters like Kou or Rin look maybe two years older.

Which anime has the best fan service?

I want to suffocate between right one's thighs. Nopan. Best death, honorable.

>Viper

I didn't think people were aware of these characters beyond Carerra and maybe Akira.

We all do user
>mfw shes an autist of a pro wrestler dad
>mfw her bf is below average
God he is lucky

True but the girls in that show are young looking even by anime standards.

Really I'm just old and want anime to brainwash me into being interested in women my age.

Amagami (game) came out 09 tough.

And Eva was a direct response. Anno recognized the market Nadia exposed and courted sponsors to Project Eva with the blunt mission statement of increasing the number of otaku, a deliberate effort to recreate the success with a new property Gainax would have more rights to. It's not the first anything or even especially exploitative in particular but it was some evil genius anyway.

No. At least 90s have a flavour.

the continuing mental regression of their target fanbase

Watch josei shows, like Rakugo.

Hokuto no Ken

>What brought the change?

Feminism is in decline and islamism is spreading, so removing the big tit women is a worldwide trend. I've noticed the same thing in ads for whatever stuff, the theme "man and little girl" is very popular while adult women are not present a lot any more. (you can interpret it any way you want, it could be dad and daughter, or something else)

I've done that and read some manga but it's generally too heavily designed for its female market. I don't mind when girls in series date or have relationships or whatever but if it's going to happen I want the guys to be relatable to me, and the guys in Josei stuff usually aren't.

The internet shift the populace. Anime began its decline in the 90's and fully fell in 00s and what happened then. The internet got faster and more regular people began to stream and did not buy the product.

Aoba!!!!!

>not finding any of the male characters in Rakugo relatable
What is even wrong with you.

Fuck off, Sup Forums.

I meant Josei in general, I haven't tried Rakugo itself yet because I expected more of the same. I'll give it a shot.

Okay then. Really makes me wonder what kind of josei you watched/read.

That's my opinion, I'm not shilling for Sup Forums, I don't even go there.

Mostly random stuff where the cover looked interesting but I dropped it within a chapter or two because it was stupid. Maybe it's just been the wrong stuff.

I've fapped too many times to the blue one getting raped.

I perfer 80s

You're so correct that it's actually frightening.

The mentality you described is part of why the industry is stagnating.

>All young schoolgirls must be at least slightly or preferably overtly gay for each other.
People say this so often, but I never see it.
Are they confused about girls behaving like girls? Girls don't high-five and bro-fist, they hug and kiss instead, there's nothing homo about that.

>3D
Gross

at 80s/90s there were still some decent women.
now all women are whores and will most likely divorce you and make you an alimony/child support slave for the rest of your life.

the concept of a pure, loyal, loving wife has turned into science fiction. anime is there to cover that gap in the hearts of men.

Who is she?

>the concept of a pure, loyal, loving wife has turned into science fiction

To be fair, so has the concept of a man who provides for the family, fixes up the house and spends time with the children.

>Was it Evangelion?

Lol no Evangelion had Misato who was a bona fide roastie but the good kind: an older, military(ish) woman.

Misato only had one man
She was faithful

In the end, real men and women belong together. Not because the ideal isn't better, but because they don't deserve any better.

I don't know I don't speak runic, some cumdumpster I guess.
exhentai.org/g/40901/0cf46313bc/

3 child characters, their school friends, then the secondary protagonist is pushing 30 and everybody else is 25 and older.

People got taste and recognized the superiority of lolis.

>Misato
>Roastie

I mean I get what you're saying, but that's unfair to her. She was actually cool, levelheaded, and competent, unlike the typical roastie, and as far as I remember her sexual history was actually pretty tame for her age.

I like the way things are now.
I can't stand 1980's female characters. They're too "woman"ly, and not in a positive way, but more like slutty, and remind me too much of 3DPD.

t. spineless beta.

Fuck off. You know where to go.

This is a pretty pathetic post.

However I feel like it accurately represents a large portion of the otaku fanbase in Japan.