Despite its premise being extremely fucking similar to Naruto...

Despite its premise being extremely fucking similar to Naruto, why isn't Black Clover as succesfull in the west as it is in Japan?

No anime

I'd imagine because it doesn't have an anime, and several hundred chapters yet.

I mean, it's what, two years old? Almost three now? Naruto has years to build it's fanbase. And normies don't read manga, but they watch anime

Asta's only character trait is "I don't have magic but I'm not giving up" and everyone dickrides him just because of that.

Naruto actually has a personality.

Also, no anime.

It isn't popular in Japan how the fuck do you expect it to be popular in the west?

This. Asta is Naruto minus his few redeeming qualities.

It is a popular manga atleast

It's gonna be fairy tail popular at best.

>I'd imagine because it doesn't have an anime, and several hundred chapters yet.
I agree - although this has not been an impediment to titles like NnT, BnHA and OPM.
>Naruto has years to build it's fanbase.
Because there was "no internet" in the early 00s.

Which is totally unfair because, even if its generic shonenshit, its much MUCH better than the power of friendship simulator that fairy tail is

Asta's dream isn't about attention it is about the kingdom's injustice towards his people and that puts him way above Naruto in my books.

I wouldn't say he has no personality he has many postivie sides to him mainly comedic but it is simply that his traits aren't unique or special to make him standout among other popular shonen protagonist because he is an amalgamation of many main characters from popular Jump manga. Read the new chapter

Because its anime hasn't aired yet.

>shonenshit
>much better than a shonenshit

Poetry.

Shit isn't always the same

There are multiple kinds of shit

Naruto didn't become trash until a few hundred chapters after it got popular, and it wasn't a blatant knockoff of a franchise already extremely well established in the West.

people in the west dont read manga

writing is 10times worse than even Naruto

I haven't even read the manga, but the MC has such a punchable face.

Why would people read the same manga a second time?

There is an anime coming and it will help sales of the manga in japan and other places. However I think just like World Trigger didn't became a huge franchise with the anime this won't either.

Because it copies Naruto and Fairy Tail too much and I feel like it's uninteresting, everything it tries original kind of feels shallow and boring I dropped at chapter 90.

I liked the fight against Despair Guy in the water temple was really interesting use of everyone powers. But the last fight against Hate Girl felt really uninspired and try hard. It felt like he ran out of ideas for fights. And the manga is all fights, there's no breathing time. Which make the fights feel shallow and tacked on.

Yami and the Emperor are cool and good but the rest of the manga is pretty trash outside of the art generally being alright.

Ninja are cool and exotic when you're younger.

"Guy with a sword" is boring.

That is a sham it isn't popular at all in Japan the editors are greatly shilling it by keeping it in front of the magazine and trying to push it down people's throat by giving it more promotion than anything else it is a desperate attempt at creating another successful battle manga funny thing is this lasted for two years that is how pathetic the Jump editors are! Nips don't fuck with the manga and they will continue to toss it aside for as long as these editors try to shove it down our throats, can't wait for the anime to crash and burn

Power Creep and reliability are why shounen MCs tend to get really boring powers.

The MC of course has to be the dude getting the marquee fights most of the time, particularly at the end (since it's their story) so if you give them really weird or unique powers you gotta find a way for them to defeat progressively more powerful opponents within those constraints.

Which is difficult, resulting in asspulls like powers being used in ways that don't really make sense (see that one image making fun of X-Men superpowers where one guy's power to "talk" goes from being able to talk to aliens, to being able to "speak body language" to be a better fighter, to talking to reality itself to instantly win fights).

So, you're basically better off making the MC a dude whose power is "He can punch really hard, swing a sword really hard, or produce ever bigger energy blasts". So if you have to asspull it can be a far easier to sell "BURNING SHOUNEN SPIRIT" powerup instead of "Ah ha! My power now does something new I never mentioned it could do!"

Doesn't have an Toonami timeslot.

It's fucking shit from the begin, different from Naruto that went to shit and was enjoyable in the beginning.

I think you could get drunk just with the gooey's eye shit

Naruto was good at one point.

Naruto up to timeskip was an honestly drawn story with a heart. It had its flaws,but was very convincing in making you care. Hence the deserved at that time success. Plus what else ninja can you remember? The stereotype pandering does sell.
This one however has only flaws.

As an experienced shit stepper, cow shit is much much worse to step on than dog shit