Why do people call Yuri on Ice "bait"?

Why do people call Yuri on Ice "bait"?

Isn't "bait" when you lure the audience with something and nothing comes of it or the premise gets turned around, like they get girlfriends?

Only butthurt hetfags do that.

Here's your thread:
>fuck off fujo scum
>fuck off hetfag scum

I don't know, why do people make bait threads?

its bait for fujo scum money

It's afraid to make their relationship 100% explicit. It's just weird and sneaky about it, and makes you suspect that the writer might make them casually break up because "teehee it was just a silly little bit of teasing and they don't really care about each other because I don't really care", which almost happened in the last episode. People are just afraid of scummy fujoshi behaviour from the author.

>It's afraid to make their relationship 100% explicit.
But they are more explicit than 100% anime couple.

But we didn't see them fucking, it needs to be more straightforward

I know you are joking, but I wonder if people realized how relationships in this anime are framed.

Everything pretty much happens in the context of ice skating, that's why you get Michele skating the feeling of letting go his sister for example and not him having a discussion with her about that.

The pair skating or Yuuri skating to seduce Victor as he skates is way more thematically consistent and related to the anime that Yuri saying "I love you".

I agree some people were so fixated on a kissing scene they completely missed how characters talk and motivate each other via skating. That's also why I'm very excited about Victor's comeback in season 2, it will be interesting to see how he perceives Yuuri and their relationship and where he is emotionally, cause episode 10 wasn't enough to get full picture.

>But they are more explicit than 100% anime couple.
They're not and its THIS ignorance why wehate the people this show has attracted

Nope because there's no confirmation just a lot of baiting
And you two are fucking idiots. Its subtext on top of subtext which is the standard for all fujo bait anime.

>Isn't "bait" when you lure the audience with something and nothing comes of it
Exactly like YOI

>A movie about two openly gay classmate came out last year
>gets ignored
>YOI premieres later and is called ambitious and daring for being fujo-pandering

Will I get an erection if I watch this

I'm not gay

Maybe. Its more gay than YOI

>But they are more explicit than 100% anime couple
You're trying to say there aren't any actual gay couples in anime? What the fuck?

>Two openly gay
>Two
Kusakabe was openly gay but Sajou wasn't that much.

Doukyuusei is icky BL that fetishizes gay men, unlike YoI

And it's very weak, user

>BL is gay
No shit Sherlock. People don't discuss BL because there is no grand plot other than "when these two are going to bang?" Not even love pentagons or harems.

Admittedly they work better as movie than 12 episodes long TV series.

No. I'm trying to say that most anime couple are hardly affectionate with each other the way Victor and Yuri are. There is a lot of casual intimacy between the two of them. People only focus their attention on two scenes completely dismissing everything else.

>I'm trying to say that most anime couple are hardly affectionate with each other the way Victor and Yuri are
How to spot a newfag

But Doukyuusei became popular

>gets ignored
It was a top-seller in Japan, what are you about.

They're not a couple. They are straight

>People only focus their attention on two scenes completely dismissing everything else.
Because there's nothing there.

>I'm trying to say that most anime couple are hardly affectionate with each other the way Victor and Yuri are

Even if this was true, how does that make it anymore explicit? That just means you personally don't like how the relationships between other gay couples in anime are portrayed.

When you compare the gay couple in Mahou Shouju Ikusei Keikaku and the gay 'couple' here, it's pretty obvious why people say it's only bait.

There's anime literally about casual intimacy that's more explicit and less baiting than YOI

>call show yuri
>make it yaoi
bait

Please stop talking about this shit show.

It's bait if the relationship is never confirmed. They don't need to get girlfriends, as long as it's not confirmed, it's bait.

>No one's gonna fall for such an obvious bait
>See thread

Well, that's pretty hilarious

Nigga what. Sajou is the one who is gay, Kusakabe used to be straight until he fell for Sajou. There's even an scene with Sajou and the homo sensei discussing how isn't a good idea for Sajou to date Kusakabe because Kusakabe isn't a homo.

>pandering
>bait
90% of anime would be bait then

>kissed
>couples competition
>marrage and rings
>dont treat anyone else even remotely the same
i dunno user, any less subtle and we'd have gay sex with hats on

>Yuuri confessed on national TV
Never happened.
>kiss
I'm trying to surprise you so I'll do something unexpected kiss, not a I'm in love with you kiss.
>Rings
Even Yuuri's VA admits they were just good-luck charms.

It's nice to see that both genders are into debauchery

I'm just gonna go ahead and think any hetfags left are trolling because I refuse to believe that anyone can still be this dense.

>kiss
>I'm trying to surprise you so I'll do something unexpected kiss, not a I'm in love with you kiss.

Are you aware how stupid that sounds?

I know, Victor is stupid. News at eleven.

I know it gets really fucking gay, but the fact is they deliberately did it all in a way that leaves them a chance to turn around and claim it's not actually homo or give one of those bullshit 'you can interpret it how you want' claims.

Yuuri said he loved Victor but denied it was romantic love. They kissed but it was censored. They exchanged rings but then called them good luck charms. Yuuri freaked out and denied it any time someone suggested there was something going on.

I'm not saying they should fuck on screen or anything but they had a thousand opportunities to casually state they were dating or actually talk about their feelings but it never happened because the creators are fucking chicken shit.

It's not brave, it's not groundbreaking, it's just the same old bait shit turned up to 11.

>Yuuri said he loved Victor but denied it was romantic love
That was the subs, he did not just completely deny it as his tone was far more questioning of it in the original nip, and that was in an earlier episode before they became as close as they were in the end.
He still said Victor was the person he wants to be binded to and that he didn't know what else to call that feeling other than love.

They exchanged rings but they show you it was more than just a good luck charms due to the way the entire scene was framed and even Victor calls them engagement rings because he picked up on Yuuri's subtle cues.

He denyed it when it was assumed they were already married but he still didn't deny Victor, just was surprised by his openness.

There's a ton of context in those scenes that's often missed or outright ignored.

>It's not brave, it's not groundbreaking, it's just the same old bait shit turned up to 11.
This. Brave is a gay man writing a story about how hard being gay is and how much it sucks because society a shit like pic related did.

Even if YoI had confirmed gays it would be a fantasy just like any other BL manga and anime. A sugar coated world where everything and everyone lives in peace and the world is full of rainbows and happy gay people and no one discriminates you for your sexuality.

That's a romance anime, so not comparable. YoI is not part of the romance genre, it's a sports anime first, so the romance subplot is conveyed through the sports part. They are pretty intimate for a pair who are not in a romance only anime.

"We wanted to make the scene feel as natural as possible with everything happening before it" qouted fron my memory but do you honestly think that sounds like describing a non-romantic kiss?

BL is not really all sunshine and rainbows. It's a fantasy, yes, but they thrive on the whole "forbidden love" aspect and even on shit like "rape equals love" or whatever. One part of the pairing has internalized homophobia. So that kind of stuff does exist in those worlds, they just don't treat that subject matter right because it's more about fetishizing it.

*typically has
(If not both)

You're full of shit with the kiss thing. Also it should be noted that VAs words are also interpretations, not as official as word of god.

>Brave is a gay man writing a story about how hard being gay is and how much it sucks because society a shit like pic related did.

I can't fap to this.
If I wanted something like that I'd just look at my own life.

Oh come on, authors confirmed it, producents confirmed it, pair skate confirmed it. No one in Japan had any problem with interpreting Yuuri and Viktor as anything else but canon. Only western fans seems to have problem with it

This I absolutely agree with.
Yoi it's not groundbreaking and calling it revolutionary is idiotic. Nevertheless It's a nice change and a good direction for a future

>even comparing yoi with the disgusting shit that is BL

>not a I'm in love with you kiss
But he is in love with him. Episode 10 confirms that. So he kisses a guy he is in love with but in a not "I'm in love with you" way?

Bait shows are vapid piece of shit shows that have no substance besides the "bait"

Yuri on Ice is Yaoi bait because the only reason people watch it is for the Yaoi.

>A sugar coated world where everything and everyone lives in peace and the world is full of rainbows and happy gay people and no one discriminates you for your sexuality.

It's subjective ofc but I prefer it this way

Because stories about homosexual males don't have enough drama simply because they're homos. Might be nice for you but I'm tired of western cunts making
>Uwaa being a fag is so sad let's play victims instead of actually making a nice sweet story with a gay romance in the middle without people freaking their shit
And fujoshits who write BL make excuses for their character's homosexuality all the time.

/u/ here
Even if they officially get married, sleep on the same bed together, raise a child who call them "Mama", people would still call it """bait'"'
Heck, you can even have a girl who would turn the entire world around, betray everyone she knows just to have her love be locked up in a room, and people would still think that she is"'"straight"""

It does not make sense, does it?
But that's how it goes

I don't know I like the fact that YoI does not make a big deal out of the two main characters both being men. A lot of Western shows add in a gay character when the rating start to drop in order to bait sites like Buzzfeed to complement them for how great they represent the LGBT community. Or they have a special episode about someone coming out in order to get an Emmy nod. YoI does not at all feels like it's trying to be progressive in order to appeal to people who are progressive. Kubo said that their relationship wasn't planned but that the characters just naturally came to depend and care for each other like to the point where she herself could not see them apart. And I believe her.

>BL: I hate him, no I love him. But I hate him
>YOI: mutual attraction
>BL: Actual rape disguised as romantic/hot
>YOI: Victor stops flirting when Yuuri isn't responding, doesn't use his behavior at the banquet to justify his actions and contuine flirting if it makes Yuuri uncomfortable
>BL: seme uke shit
>YOI: Baldfat equally in charge of seducing eachother
>BL: "B-but we're both men, this can never lead anywhere"
>YOI: gender is never mentioned

YOI will never be BL or even close to it, especially you westerns needs to stop mislabeling everything and just accept it as a sportsanime with a romantic relationship.

I hope Mike finds love again. Poor Canadian bear deserves a second chance.

>husband dies
>his twin brother is divorced and his daughter adores you
Let him win the MCbowl.

Kubo also tweeted before YoI aired about how she was hoping to portray a loving wholesome same-sex relationship instead of a straight one because she thinks there's already enough het romance out there.

She just wanted to create a nice love story where gender didn't matter and so of course it isn't as focused on them being gay as it is on them in love, as the theme of YoI is love. I don't know why westerners have to make this so complicated.

That would be awful. I really hope that's not the route and straight bro get together with waifu again.

I'm not a hetfag, I want them to be canon gay, I really do. I'm just so fucking sick of being fed this deliberately ambiguous shit where it gets ridiculously gay but nothing is ever actually confirmed in canon. It's not like it would be hard to do but they don't because having that small margin that allows people to deny it or interpret it differently gives them a wider potential audience.

I know where you're coming from. I've been in your position before, with shows like Samurai Flamenco, and Tiger and Bunny, but now I'm old and jaded and I'm not satisfied with this shit anymore.

Samurai Flamenco's director is an asshole, but Sunrise never said anything no homo about T&B.

>YOI: gender is never mentioned

One of my favorite aspects of Yoi was how gender wasn't a big deal at all. Yuuri playing a feminine role during Eros and not making it into a joke was very refreshing

>Called Yuri on Ice
>its actually Yaoi on Ice

That why its bait

Gross. I have a twin and I'd never want my partner to date them after I died. I don't get why so many stories think it's romantic. It's creepy really. I don't see my twin going after my widowed partner either generally the moment one of us starts being interested in someone that person becomes completely unattractive to the other.

SamFlam had such potential. I would say, even got more development to justify their gay relationship, but then nothing happened. Such a waste.

Because the problem is westerners hold everything to a checklist but nips don't need that. It's "confirmed" to them, because they don't need everything vocalized. Like all anime, Westerners weren't the target audience (although staff has acknowledged and appreciated their overseas fans).

The producer actually thought those scenes were very, very clear and said he's glad they went this route.

Thank you for explaining.

You can't be this delusional you think japanese apathy and hypocrisy are actually being progressive and open minded.

MAPPA gave a greenlight in recent interview to go full homo. Kubo acts on her twitter like Viktor and Yuuri are already married. At this point there's no way they'll go no homo, though probably they'll never go as explicit as some people want. It's an ice skating anime at the end of the day and sport will be always main focus.

Where was I talking about progressiveness or hypocrisy or whatever?

Besides, there were nips all over Twitter and stuff calling this show "brave" so to them I guess it's something.
If it was a western show where you can be more blatant I'd be harsher but it's a pretty standard romance subplot as far as anime goes, just with two men.

Nobody is going to relate to a love story between two guys. Keep the male gay shit out of anime.

I dont get this. Baldfat is at the stage where they have mutual feelings for each other but has yet to put a label on it because of muh autism. Episode 12 was an example of how they're not in the same page.

Also Kubo is all for the gay, even /ourguy/ Otsuka will support if SayoKubo went madwomen so I'm not really worried.

I'm okay with this slightly ambiguous faggotry than getting a rushed relationship. S2 will deliver anyway.

>MAPPA gave greenlight

I thinn I've read every interview but what are you refering to?

>gay people doesn't exist and they certainly don't watch anime

Maybe we would get an anal wedding.

>pandering to the gay audience

I don't think so not so fast there buddy

(You)

>Nobody is going to relate to a love story between two guys
But plenty of people just did

Nice double dubs.

Recent Otsuka interview

I do.

No they didn't fujoscum

You're just going through a contrarian phase. It will pass.

It's not that nothing happened. There was a lot of payoff in the last episode. More than anyone was expecting, even the homo end conspiracy theorists. The problem is it was still framed in a way that technically left it open to interpretation and then our good friend Kurata panicked and backtracked in a desperate attempt to sell more than 3 copies.

It's retarded because their character arcs don't even make sense if you take the 'Masayoshi didn't know what he was talking about and Gotou is still a delusional waifufag' interpretation. It makes it an objectively worse story and renders the entire final love story arc pointless.

Glad to see Georgi is keeping his magic alive in these trying times.

Here's your reply.

But I'm gay.

>YoI is not part of the romance genre
>main crux of the entire series and the motivation of the entire cast is based on mutual love
>Yuri's dance is based entirely on his infatuation with Victor

Get well soon.

>Nevertheless It's a nice change and a good direction for a future
Yay! More gay baiting sports anime because we don't get enough of that shit every season.

Reading comprehension, user. A work can have a romance and still not be part of the romance genre. It's marketed as sports first and foremost.

>implying it's a bad thing
Ski jumping anime when.

>all these anons butthurt their anime didn't do well